QTDDTOTT

Old thread at 300+
If I'm getting around only 6 hours sleep most nights due to late finishes and early starts on split shifts in a restaurant, is it fine for me to lift only twice a week?

Attached: 1232976522820.jpg (544x644, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VcluglbCrdQ?t=49
mennohenselmans.com/the-effects-of-alcohol-on-muscle-growth/
youtube.com/watch?v=4msfo6oaa50
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do I perfect my bench technique? I had to cancel a few sets last time because my wrist was hurting, adjusted my grip and just got thumb pain instead? Or are my wrists just fucked

What app do you guys use to keep track of your lifts?

Is there any reason in particular you want to bench? There are plenty of other chest exercises that can hit the pectoral muscles, if not better.

Fine for what? Health and staying in shape, sure.
Just try it, if you're trying to get stronger and don't, you know what interferes.

I use the app "strong"

Is getting stronger even possible?
All I do is strain my joints against the same light weight every single session without every making any noticeable improvements. In fact some days I just feel weaker. Am I just defective?
I only weigh 135 lbs so I wouldn't be surprised if I have some kind of disorder that prevents me from absorbing nutrients or gaining muscle.

eat more

How much of my day should be devoted to eating and shitting?

are the carbs in dairy like fiber as in not counting torwards net carbs or not?
asking since I read something about lactic acid and not counting torwards carbs

Easy every two hours maggot

But what if I have university classes and disgusting farts are not socially permissible for large parts of my day?

Lactose is sugar

Wanted to start assisted dips(science I am a fatass) got a 80kg 1rm bench, other compound movement couldn't hurt. BUT IT FUCKING DID, MY WHOLE SHOULDERS WERE IN AGONY ON THE FIRST REP. I double checked form and weight, but still. Can I be just not made for dips biomechanicly?

>on a 700 cal cut
>main lifts totally stalled (no surprise)
>accessories going up
What does my body mean by this

when your weight starts to drop quite a bit and your lifts stall, that means you're actually progressing due to size and strength correlation.
also some acessories like pull ups and what not might go up due to lower bodyweight
been cutting for 3 weeks iirc or maybe 2 and half and still making progress, hit 102.5kg Bench for 5 reps(aiming for 6, started doing RPT style training) and my OHP has been stuck on 60kg for 5 reps for the past 3 weeks.

Went to the doctor first the first time in a long time and they said I have slight scoliosis. Should I stop doing squats and deadlifts and focus on pull ups and deadhangs?

I go to the gym only twice a week, I've been trying to eat big, but I usually can only manage to get 60-100g protein a day, am I still gaining muscle? (6'2 at 177lbs when I started two weeks ago, 181lbs currently)

Is there a special routine for ectomorphs?

dood

Wish I’d screensitted something said last night. It’s often claimed on this board “alcohol kills gains”. Some user specifically said alcohol something something bad for protein something. Please help me fill in those blanks! Starting to wonder if my usual shot of booze is hindering my weight loss, even though I keep my alcohol consumption within my daily calorie count.

train more & nap more

I'd love to but once I'm up and finished serving breakfast I can't seem to drop off

Any good info on napping and sleep in general? Looking for something with references and research.

Attached: contest.jpg (796x1102, 196K)

>bulk 8 months fell for the eat big get big
>cut 6 months until skeleton
>lean bulk 7 months then got injured
>cut 5 months until i can see 4 packs
I'm right now at my third bulk (lean) for 5 months and can't see my abs anymore. Can I cut or should i bulk longer?
Also does a short bulk cut cycling of 5months/3months work?

Attached: IMG_20190329_173853.jpg (1086x1997, 378K)

You should kill yourself with those genes

I work in a restaurant and find time to lift 3x/week and get 8 hours of sleep almost every night. What do you do besides work?

>8+6+7+5=26
>he made 0 gains in over two years

i think you have a lot of potential, stop the cut/bulk meme. it is only an excuse to degenerate into hedonism

Are you sure form is good? My shoulders used to get wrecked doing dips because I was going too deep.
why not ask your doctor
what's holding you back? Physically can't stomach it? Price of food? Availability of food? You'll make minor gains in the short term but you'll be spinning your wheels if you can't get at least 0.8g of protein per lb of bodyweight.
body shape routines are a meme and for coping. just lift.
Alcohol slows down metabolism and hinders protein synthesis. When alcohol is introduced into the body it is treated as a toxin, and the body basically shifts it's entire focus on removing it. It won't completely negate gains but it'll slow down progress A LOT. Don't drink every day, and don't binge drink.

>Can barely press the bar for OHP 5 reps
hold me bros

So should i just eat at maintenance?

how do you guys train for strength while you have cold? do you have any trouble with stamina/strength? does going balls to walls while having cold make the cold worse? is it better to just take a week off and get better that way? do you just do deload week? i feel like 1 cold sets me month back in progress every time

Attached: placeholder2-7.jpg (900x494, 82K)

I'm on my 4th week of SS and I've got to a 180 lbs deadlift, but I'm afraid my form is not that good. I'm not stalling (even though I have a blister in my hand that makes it insufferable), but I think I should deload 10% and try to get a good form, is it ok if I do it this soon in the program?

DL 180, SQ 145, BP 50, OHP 60

poorfag dyel here. is a 15kg dumbbell and a bull worker enough to help me turn into an acceptable looking human being?

Is it ok to workout 3 days in a row if it’s only once? It’s 3 different workouts and I’ll be resting for one day after the back to alternating workout/rest days.

idk about these fags but i workout 7 days a week but changing what i focus on each day. one day is a 'rest' day but i still do a small amount.

Should I be working out if I'm sick, or do I just take it easy until I'm better? I know it's a stupid question, but it's been a long ass time since I've been sick like this so I wanted to know for sure.

Depends on the sickness but I’d say 99 times out of 100 to give it a miss. You’re not only endangering yourself but it’s a dick move to spread it to everyone else.

Gotcha, I'll skip for today and hope I'm back at 100% tomorrow. If I have stuff at home I can work with, like free weights and a workout bench, can I still work out at home, or would it be a better idea to just relax? I don't have anything major, just maybe a flu or something. Stuffiness, physical aching, painful coughing, runny nose, that kinda stuff.

I already have a routine that goes Lift/Cardio/Lift/Cardio/Lift/Cardio/Rest But I want to, for the month of april, see if I can do 200 pushups a day, as well as 100 squats. What can I expect?

I was warming up squats on Monday, and at 50% of my 1rm something when wrong and my right leg felt like it was exploding when I came up from a squat. Reracked the weight and found myself basically unable to walk. I couldn't bend forward at all, and I felt incredibly weak. Had to drive with my left foot operating the pedals because the right hurt so bad. Initially the pain was only in a small point under my glutes, but since then it's spread so it runs up and down my leg and is prominent in my lower back as well. I still find bending over to be painful, as well as walking/sitting for an extended period of time.

Will this heal on it's own, or should I get checked out by a doctor?

Go to a doctor, they're more competent regarding this than anyone on this board

is this exercise @0:49 any good for the chest? it looks like it has the potential to fuck my shit up

youtu.be/VcluglbCrdQ?t=49

Is this a good upper/lower split?

I'm looking at xULxULx since I'll already be doing 2-a-day PT anyway.

Mon:
Bench
Pull-ups
Barbell Rows

Tues:
Squats
Calf Raise
RDLs

Thurs:
OHP
Concentration Curls
Flys

Fri:
Diddlies
Calf Raises
Lunges

Dunno about sets/reps, probably 4x8.

Is it recommended to overlap different excercises? If so which ones are better and which worse?
Like for example right now Im between bicep curl sets and will do weighed crunches after, so can I just do those in between curl sets? Feel like it should work since its both pretty focused exercises that dont really overlap, but I havent been doing this for long enough nor do I have enough ideas about physiology that I would rely on my intuition.
Im also guessing that stuff like the big four probably shouldnt be overlapped since they are all compound exercises right?

You fucked up, avoid squats till it heals or see a doctor

spoonfeed me easy ways to get enough electrolytes to prevent keto flu, I've seen recommendatuons for ingredients that seem US only
gonna give it a shot

eat nuts and stuff, things that don't make you fart. Or just fuck it and fart silently like i do.

mennohenselmans.com/the-effects-of-alcohol-on-muscle-growth/

Find a PT that focuses on powerlifting and book them for an hour or so to correct your form on the big lifts. You should be sure in your form as soon as possible.
You can also post a video of your form here or on reddit.

I wasted like a year with deloads like these because i invested in learning the movements way too late.

How to unlock this mode

Attached: Red_Magnus.png (306x565, 160K)

How do I incline shrug? I just end up doing rows when I try.

dont bend your elbows, just pull your shouldreblades together

What shoes do you wear to lift, what make/model? I know the shoes are suppose to be hard and flat but I can only buy shoes though online shopping and I can't find shit.

Attached: Me on the right.webm (640x640, 2.97M)

Where do I find hookers without back pages or craigslist since they are no longer there. I know there’s massage parlors but most of them have old Asian ladies. How do I know which ones have the qt’s?

Or should I fap and rethink this?

What is the round rubber thing on the barbell called?

i have shoulder pain around this area when i move my arm horizontally, what could it be?

Attached: shoulder.jpg (646x438, 151K)

I accidentally chewed some gum during my fast.
The label says it has 5 calories.
Did I just break my fast?

Is it possible to have a cute lean muscular twink body, but also have the power to lift heavy objects around? I want to work at my uncle's funeral service and help lift bodies, but that requires serious strength, no?

Is overtraining a system-wide thing, or does each muscle overtrain individually?

I just held a plank for 2 minutes, what now?

add more weight

some pumas I had from 2012, they're flat.
try vans too or converse, pretty sure almost everyone had a pair of them at some point. They're the go to lifting shoes due to that and also because they're flat with no cushionings or other meme shit

How many exercises is one supposed to do in a gym session? I've been going for a while now but the trainer i'm paying has me only doing 6 exercises each time.

Is it too little? i feel like i'm done too quick every time and he might be ripping me off.

It's 40 minutes of cardio as warm up and then 6 excercises, 4 sets of 10 repetitions each.

Attached: file.png (512x512, 23K)

Overtraining is based on cns, not muscles

I need help, starting a keto diet soon(no I'm not a fat fasting loser like those threads that used to happen here, in fact I'm advanced according to strength standards so don't fucking bother) and I would like to know the best forms of:

>Potassium
>Magnesium

For Sodium I should be k since I use some local iodised(bonus!) sea salt and use a mega pinch to season stuff

it depends, some people handle more volume than others. Also beginners need less and advanced lifters way more
what is volume? a mixture of weight, sets and reps.
I would say try 12 sets per muscle group per week and adjust from there, then there's more advanced stuff where you run really high volume blocks for a while and then go super low for recovery.

tl;dr literally do 3 sets of 6-15 reps(depending on what exercise) of one exercise for
>horizontal push
>horizontal pull
>vertical push
>vertical pull
>biceps and triceps
>side deltoids
>rear delts
>hip hinge
>squat movement
>calf

there's also unilateral leg movement and all that shit but not needed unless you want to do sports
then you spread it so you hit each muscle group 2x-3x/week, so if you did a Upper Lower routine which is usually 4 days per week you'd put the upper body into the upper days and the lower body ones into the lower one or if PPL the push movements in the push day and you get my point
ditch cardio as warm-up(detrimental, just use a empty bar for compounds), do it at the end of the workout or don't even bother

>cont

so if you did a UpperLower 4 days per week routine and followed the 12 sets per week advice, you could do on upper day A 3 sets of bench press and 3 sets of incline dumbbell press, then on the upper day B, 3 sets of dips and 3 sets of cable flys.
catch my drift?

But do I rest everything or just the tired body parts?

youtube.com/watch?v=4msfo6oaa50

Ive been doing LP for about 11 weeks and this week i crashed hard. Ive been running out of energy a LOT usually 1-2 exercises into my routine, failed sets left and right after 2 or 3 reps, 90% of my lifts have stalled or regressed, and i even cut saturday short after my 3 compounds and did no accessories
Im sleeping a lot, even more than i was when i was progressing well, ive admittedly eaten kinda shit this last couple weeks but always within my macros/calorie limit
I even stopped running on my off days to aee if it was tiring me out too much but i still am performing like shit today
Does this i mean i need a belt, need to fix my diet/rest, deload and keep on my program, or move on to intermediate program?
115/160/275/255

how 2 maek cock +big???

GIVE ME A FUCKING BEGINNER'S BULKING PPL ROUTINE

I DONT WANT TO DO SS

Why the fuck can't my body recover?

I stopped lifting for 2 whole months and all my injuries keep coming back. Shoulders bursitis and hamstring tear both still giving me pain despite having happened 6 months ago.

Doctors don't do shit they just throw medication that just cover the pain but doesn't help anything.

Someone help please wtf should I do?

Attached: end_it.png (594x517, 539K)

How am I looking Jow Forums?

Attached: 20190329_190120.jpg (1334x1778, 967K)

Is that not dangerous for my back?

Beginner here. Difference between barbell and dumbbell presses? Also how do I get my chest stronger? It makes sense that I can't bench as much as I squat or dl bc your chest muscles are smaller, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong; I max out at 30

anyone have the drawing of a guy lifting a boulder on his shoulders but inside the boulder is a wojak feeling things

Barbell is the long bar, dumbbell is the handheld. Dumbbell works stabilizers more because it's freehand, whereas barbell can handle more weight. If you mean 30 on each side for barbell that's not bad. The bar is 45 (typically) so you're benching 105. People talk about weights like 165 or whatever but bench is something that takes time to develop, and it's normal for people to start with less than 25's on each side. Same goes for 30lb dumbbells.
Press/bench is good, but make sure to do incline/normal/decline if you really want to be sore. Also flies and pullover. The pullover machine is great but for flies and press, don't use machines, use barbells or dumbbells.

I tweaked my back a little bit deadlifting. How much of a retard am I if I try the same weight again on Tues, but being more careful with my form?

t. noob running SS

When I curl the bicep tendon on my right arm (near my wrist) really hurts. What do?

I never got this. Why not begin with a full body routine?

It depends: did you hurt yourself because the weight felt too heavy and your form broke down, or were you just careless? If the former, do a reset, if the latter, try again while paying more attention to good form, maybe with a slight deload.

Very blurry.

This is way beyond the capability of anyone here, but as you already noticed, doctors are worse than useless for cases like this too. I'd recommend you find someone who actually understands biomechanics and how to fix broken bodies through exercise. I had a ligament tear in my left ankle when I was a kid and that hurt for years until I started practicing yoga with a good instructor who actually helped me heal. Look for someone who understands that pain meds and baby exercises are not long-term solutions, and who knows how to make your body strong and healthy again.
Sorry if I was a bit rambly. Hope you heal, user.

I think I was just careless. I did 5# less with no problems not long ago, and this didn't feel vastly more challenging.

Plate should be half protein, third veg, 1/6 rice or potato. Maybe split the other half between veg and clean carb. Eat until satisfied, not stuffed.

Then just pay more attention to your form, do your warm up sets, and happy deadlifting, user.

Thanks for the answer

It's giving me hope.

What do you do with your phone while squatting?

Why does symmetric strength's standards for lifts not line up with 1/2/3/4 pl8 that fit likes to throw around as easy strength standards

Is shrugging my shoulders down when doing a tricep pushdow bad? I don’t let them come up to my ears or anything like that when at the start position, but I always end up shrugging them down.

how to get a small waist?

What's the secret to vascularity? Is it mostly just low body fat?

added 10 pounds to my squat. Is it normal to feel like a bitch if I cant hit 12 reps for all 5 sets?

fucking pencil and paper. technology addiction is bad for you user

Just a simple cold that clogs up the nose? I just lift despite it because I need to lifting to have a good mood, the only things that stand out are having
to blow nose between sets and running out of breath on squats.
Don’t, PPL at this point will be slow af for gains
Eh, 1/2/3/4 is just a convenient benchmark. It will vary depending on a person’s bodyweight and ligament length/angles.

how strict is OMAD?

I have medication I have to take in the morning, and it needs to be consumed with food. Usually a protein bar is enough to keep me from throwing it up later. My meal times are typically 4pm though. Is that protein bar fucking me up?

set it down by the squat rack
like the other guy said, 1/2/3/4 is just a matter of convenience. If you achieve it, you've got pretty good baseline stats to continue muscle development.
keep them in a stationary position because you're trying to compensate your lack of strength. lower the weight.
Mostly. Skinny twinks can workout a few times and have "vascularity" even if they can't lift worth shit.
OMAD is simply IF on a much tighter schedule. you gotta take your meds so do what you have to do. as long as you're at your caloric goal you'll be fine.

I'm 178 cm, 87 kg@17-18% body fat (measured with BF% measuring scale and also looks about correct in mirror)

I am looking to drop to 12% BF at whichever bodyweight. I am a student in SE Europe so my budget and places to eat are limited (mostly local canteen).

I was considering doing keto+IF, but that seems too difficult in regards to availability of quality keto food in canteen. How bad is it if I just do IF+low carb? Also, some general recommendations concerning achieving my goal are welcome.

just chugged 2000 kcals of powdered milk
unhealthy?

Is there such a thing as training power but not strength? Could a twink be powerful but not strong?

what is the generally best belt around? the rogue ohio belt?