/fat/ - Brainlet Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For roly poly roundbois who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous:

Attached: dsfgj.jpg (1134x1134, 180K)

Confess

Attached: jccukl;.png (800x800, 113K)

0 cheat days during my entire cut. Nothing to confess.

I'm experimenting with new diets right now and today I made rice with green tea and star anise and a small sausage in the pressure steamer
Tastes amazing and unless the process of pressure cooking it added calories two bowls of the stuff is giving me the calories of a sandwich

Nothing to confess today padre.
Had 2 cups of coffee since this morning, no solid food yet, and went walking for a couple hours. Also destroyed temptation

Attached: tired of being fat.jpg (3289x849, 527K)

1400 calories in the breakfast
650 calories in the lunch
0 calories in the diner

and

650 calories burned at the gym

judge me :(

Anons, I want to be more consistent with my breakfasts, 400-500 calories and healthy.
But I get bored eating the same thing every day.
Do any of you have a one-week rotation of healthy, satiating breakfasts I can make pretty easy? Open to suggestions.
Right now I just have a piece of fuckin' toast every day, sometimes with 2 scrambled eggs.
But it burns up too fast and I end up snacking not long after, and it's not that healthy.

Attached: buttered-toast.jpg (1280x960, 270K)

how much does an appendix weigh?
or a gallbladder?

in fact all of the defunct organs, I'll even toss my pancreas if it's cumbersome

Why would you do that user?
Weight in itself isnt unhealthy. Weight from excess bodyfat is unhealthy.

Check out traditional chinkanese breakfasts, and I don't mean fast food like fried dough
Stuff like tea eggs, lean-pork congee, doufu nao (idk what this is called in English but it's basically toufu with savoury sauce over it), and pork buns. Swap it around with Western dishes and traditional breakfasts from other parts of the world. Pottage makes for a fine breakfast.

Bruh, learn the glory that is seasonings and sauces. Find shit to add to your eggs to make it even more delicious.

Learn to caramelize some fuckin' onions my nigga. Do like a whole 50lb bag of them shits and then freeze them.

How can you reach 1400 cal for breakfast? That’s 2 full meals for me.

Had a strong craving for fried mozarella sticks so instead I airfried some breaded mushrooms. That helped the craving some. I'll do better.

Don't develop an eating disorder, user.
Don't cut out organs, either.

Attached: sensible worry.gif (245x246, 1.93M)

two eggs, sliced havarti cheese, bread, 2 sliced ham, 1 cup of yogurt, 1 banana , some grapes and black tea

Unless you ate fat lard portions, it surprises me that your breakfast was 1400

Attached: breakfast.jpg (890x502, 125K)

this
is not this

I fucking binged yesterday and ate 1k calories of snacks at work...

I just want to get my appendix removed cause someday I fear I’ll be far from a hospital, it’ll burst and I won’t be able to get treatment.
Lt. Fuchida, the dude who led the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor had his removed because he didn’t want to take the chance of missing his duty because of an inflamed/burst appendix.

>First 30 straight days of a -1000 calorie deficit

Went from 187-171, feels like it's happening a bit to fast.

Attached: 1553768894137.jpg (1078x992, 135K)

Well, at least I get 2000 calories a day. And I go to the gym every day.

The fuck are you doing user, you're a failure.

paranoia

>Hit the 30 day mark
>No cheat days or fuck ups
>Lost 10lbs
Am I going to make it? When do I fall apart and binge?

Attached: 1523673505617.jpg (641x530, 46K)

My mum has been practicing making wedding cake for my sister's wedding and I keep eating the practice cakes. Bless me father I've been eating a strict 1500 daily calorie intake for a month now and I'm cracking. On the plus side I've lost 16.5kg so far just 28.5kg to go

13 days to 100

Attached: 1553873957958.png (162x139, 3K)

You might want to do a calorie comparison between regular mozzarella and a low-fat/fat-free version. Shave off a few calories if you can and still get what you want.

I've still lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks.

“It’s not paranoia if they’re really out to get you.”- John Lennon

you have proof your appendix are conspiring against you?

hospitals are nice
qt nurses giving you attention, lots of beeping machines
just take some headphones because somebody on your ward will snore

well, what the fuck are you eating and how do you feel?

Keep it up, user! Don’t be discouraged when in a few weeks you lose less weight. It doesn’t mean you’re doing bad. Happens to everyone cause water weight sheds first and fast. But you’ll get where you want to go. You’re gonna make it, user! Just keep up the good work.

Had potates with my beef at lunch. Two huge tacos for dinner. I fucked up I know. I tried to make the tacos as low cal as possible (only chicken and veggies, plus the bread).

>Trying to boast after that pig shit of a breakfast
All it shows is you won't stick with a healthy lifestyle, you fat failure.

meat and soups mostly
have a chicken wrap at 6pm almost every day, 300kcal, and packets of pork balls or tikka bites throughout the day, 50kcal a piece

my mood is okay, no better or worse than normal
I've been keeping a journal of thoughts but only for strong feelings towards weight loss, just so I can nip any feelings of quitting in the bud

I'll look into that, thanks. So far the "healthiest" versions of mozz sticks still has too many calories. Maybe I'll just make my own.

I used to cook a lot of Japanese & Korean food, but in those cultures "breakfast" isn't that different than their food any other time of the day. They don't have so many "breakfast-specific" foods like we do in the West.
I never thought about freezing caramelized onions, that's a good idea.
Mainly I just want a simple rotation of no-think foods I can eat before work in the morning that aren't my lazy defaults.
Thanks everyone, this board is good

The fact there's like 19,000 versions of every food on MFP, some "corrected" some "accurate version" some "official version," really chaps my ass.

>move digital scale to room with large tiles because i thought it would be more consistent
>step on
>307
>move it an inch
>310
>move it back to bathroom where it was originally
>310
>step off step on again
>304
what the fuck

Mission makes a low-carb tortilla. 3-6g of carbs per tortilla. May be a good idea. Had to drop breakfast tacos from my menu cause I’m on low-carb diet.

>400 calories in a fucking bun
>fried eggs
>honey ham
>chocolate cookies
>cream pie cookies
Fucking stop
Scramble the eggs yourself or better yet just steam or boil them, drop the fucking cookies and have a goddamn apple, I don't know what the fuck is in those buns but that's way too huge so drop it for some normalfag whole wheat bread and keep it to two fucking slices and not the entire goddamn loaf, fucking control yourself, find some self respect for fuck's sake

You don't really need breakfast specific foods honestly
Pottage, porridge, eggs, whatever

Im a yuropoor sorry. But I dont eat it that often.

Yall having pain problems with assisted dips. No matter how much resistance I put or how good i try to keep my form it feels like my shoulders are getting ripped from my body. No such problems on ANY other push exercises.

doesn't matter if it's a pound or two different. just make sure to leave it in the same place

Today I’ve seen a hint of abs

You're making it. Congratulations.

Is it okay to lose weight eating only peanut butter and chicken ? (with witamins supplement ofc)

it's so easy, never hungry

you could lose weight eating pizza and cake if you really wanted to

fasted all day, gonna stuff 800 kcal of fish in my face for dinner and call it a day

I think there was a guy who ate nothing but like hostess and other sweets and still lost weight but I think he ended up getting diablbeetus

your shits will be terrible

He also ate healthy whole food as well.
They never tell people that part.

He then quit because the positive numbers from simply eating less and dropping weight were started to look bad.
That would fuck with the experiment that was most likely netting him a good chunk of change.

What's your TDEE?
I've been on a -1600 deficit for 2 months now. It's going great.

It's insanely weird that I barely finish half a sandwich now that I used to eat all of no problem. At least I have dinner taken care of I guess.

I used to eat 2 big tbone steaks per meal, now I have to struggle finishing one of them.

I remember I wouldnt understand how other people would only eat one steak.

I am doing alternate day fasting (fasting one day, eating the next). I recently left overweight BMI, and I am now in the normal range, but obviously still have a lot to lose. I am losing 2/2.5 lbs per week. Is it safe at my weight? If you also lost weight this quick, do you have remorse?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-29-19-05-00-073_net.cachapa.libra.png (1080x2246, 176K)

2-2.5 a week is fine. I'm at 3 a week although I'm pretty fat. I think you'll be okay. If you're worried about looking bad you can start lifting.

Oh I'm lifting (lightly) already. I was more worried about health, hormones, falling hair etc.

Attached: 5545vqxdfgo21.jpg (960x954, 213K)

I think you'll be alright. 2 pounds a week is what most people would consider the maximum 'acceptable' limit of weight loss.

I was doing well the last two weeks but i got my drivers licence on Tuesday, My senpai keeps "Encouraging" me to "Celebrate", I feel like a fat fuck from all the chocolate

Just kill me

I had 240g of cornflakes and 1L of milk for breakfast instead of a coffee.
I fell for my cravings anons

Ate 16 boneless wings yesterday coming out to 1,640 cals. I burned about 300 cals so i was still under my tdee but i still felt like shit. They were so good though

So close to breaking 200lb... so fucking close

literally stepped on the scale today, 200.0 bout to go sweat for about five minutes and see a 1 in the hundreds for the first time in over 10 years.

iktf. just a few short pounds from being under 300

My co-workers are trying to tempt me from my diet.

Attached: 20190329_131607.jpg (4160x2340, 2.31M)

>Been on a 1000 calorie deficit all week (1200 cals/day)
>Going to the gym every other day
>Yesterday rolls around
>Family goes to Olive Garden
>Eat 2600 cals for dinner alone

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How long will it take to undo that?

that would be like eating ~1600 calories a day for a week
slows down progress but you shouldn't actually gain fat

Holy shit, bruhs! Only lost 3lbs this week, but bodyfat % went down by a number of points, and BMI is down under 39.
I think I’m gonna make it.

Are Multi-Vitamin Tablets worth it?

Hey guys what's this snake juice stuff people keep talking about?

wrong general

2130, getting all my macros too. Which meals a lot of repetitive meals. It's fine though.

At how many cups a day does coffee become bad for your health?

Anything more than 0

But drinking coffee helps me kill the cravings

Sucks

Depends on the person. Personally I wouldn't have more than 2 or 3. Or better yet switch all/some of it for tea. It's nonsense that a cup a day will harm you unless you have a specific issue with caffeine, there's even some slight evidence it's beneficial.

if you need to chug coffee to get through the day then you have other health problems. i have one small cup of coffee in the morning, mostly because i like the taste

Ive been eating 500 calories a day. This wont have bad effects right?

Never drank coffee until recently but I found that it helps with fasting. One cup as breakfast, one around lunchtime, one in the afternoon, one after dinner. Keeps the hunger away

nah ive been doing that for 2 months

losing weight too fast can have undesirable effects, but no it probably won't kill you

I most likely went over my TDEE today

>2600+mg of sodium in a single meal

Attached: barkshfdr4512.jpg (524x468, 37K)

>Olive Garden

>50+ g of fat for breakfast
I mean really it's kind of terrifying

You WILL make it.

Not sure what to think of the 68g of sugar and 191g of carbs either. More than one third of his carb intake is sugar.

When I go to Olive Garden I get the chicken parmesan, but I replace the marinara sauce with alfredo sauce. Also have multiple salads and tons of bread sticks. I never want to know how many calories that is.

Just make it yourself t bh it'll probably fucking taste better to boot

What’s a light tuna salad recipe? Thinking about mass making them for my lunch at work

How much have you lost?
How many pants sizes are you down?

Is it possible to run everyday? About 3km, less than 20 mins, everyday? Or will it be too hard on my legs?

Yeah it'll be hard on your legs. Protect your knees man, the weight has done enough damage already, try not to fuck them up any harder.

Dont fucking do it everyday. I fucked myself up because of it and got planters fasciitis.

You don't want that shit.

What about 3-4 times per week? I’m not obese just 30lbs fat.

Every other day is fine dude

Sure user. Don't ask to ask, just tell us.
Make it yourself, it's better and healthier. Chicken parm is really easy.