Uhh..should fresh ground beef look like this 1 day after it was packed?

Uhh..should fresh ground beef look like this 1 day after it was packed?

Attached: 20190329_123201.jpg (4032x1960, 2.35M)

Ground beef turns brown very quickly.

>implying the pink isnt food coloring
>implying brown isnt the natural color
imagine being this retarded

They oft put old ground beef inside of new ground beef.

No DO NOT eat it. It could brown a bit from the outside and it wouldn't do any harm, but to brown from the inside makes it seem like there is bacterial contamination whilst it was being minced. Another observation is the uniformness of the pink layer makes it seem like old beef covered in fresh new stuff, which is a serious no no and very dangerous. Take it back to the store ASAP.

t. Food safety officer

the beef is brown because the blood has left the meat. it's fine.

holy shit
i didnt think it existed since i only heard about it in rumors
but you found it! the legendary Chocolate Beef
eat it user
eat it now

Probably not.

You want real 'fresh'? Pick out a good-looking pound of Round Steak, take it to the butcher counter, ask them to grind it for you. Voila, fresh ground beef.

Jesus Christ, you flesh-eaters are just disgusting.
This image made me physically wretch.
Absolutely revolting.

>could brown a bit from the outside and it wouldn't do any harm, but to brown from the inside
This. That is absolutely not normal. Don't have to be a safety inspector to tell that shit is definitely tainted. It should brown from the outside, not from the inside.

Imagine being such a weak little bitch you can't even handle the thought of eating food.

if it doesnt smell bad its fine

based

Based officer

For whatever reason whenever I buy non cryo-vac sealed ground beef from the supermarket it always looks like ops pic and has a sour smell, but if I get the cryo-vac beef I've never had this problem. Why is this? You would think it might happen once or twice but every single time? The supermarket is Giant in the US btw

thanks for your service mr officer

Ground meat oxidizes quickly. Ive never seen it start from the inside, though.. thats pretty grody

include me in the screennigger!!!

This. I work as a city health inspector and I make grocery stores and restaurants throw away meat that looks like this.

Based officer

>t. Food safety officer
Oh, so a bureaucrat. Why the fuck should anyone believe a bureaucrat?

Attached: rawr.png (640x480, 260K)

>being alt right
Look, I like voting as many people as In as I can as the next guy, but we don't live in a full democracy.

( i know this is bait )

>only the alt right hates bureaucracy
what?

based and safetypilled

lol alt right and libertarian are not the same at all

Because he's a professional in the field. Also food safety is a bureaucracy that came about by widespread popular demand, not government fiat.

Fuck the police

>Blames alt right
>Implies it's bait
>Implying this bait isn't bait

We have to go deeper. And you have to get nailed to a cross.

if it smells a little bit sugary, that means its going to go bad soon. if it smell a lot sugary/ a little sour, its rotten

american food quality standards lmao

Attached: 1216085526751.jpg (1000x374, 486K)

OP here. I ate it. Still here.

Yeah thats a massive YIKES from me.

one of the only kinds of government official I like.

fuck you, you can eat it

it's obviously new meat wrapped around old meat. you can even tell where the guy in the store's fingers were because of the notch of new meat right in the middle

Did you seal it bad? Couldve just been a contact with air.

Yes its fine

based officer
hopefully I'll be one as well in one months time

Attached: SpecOps-Apu.jpg (125x112, 3K)

Buthcer here.
Yes, it turns brown pretty fast, don't worry about it.

Based, bought some lean meat from my local shop and it was dark brown almost black in the center.
Glad I binned it.

Its funny how noone has the actual answer. Minced meat is naturally supposed to go brown that fast, but supermarket mince usually has some type of citric acid on it, which slows down the natural process of oxidation. Your meat obviously only has the citric acid on the outside. There is nothing wrong with the brown color. Go get your mince at a good organic butcher and youll see that it is always brownish.

Fuck the police gonna eat some moldy bread now to stick it to the man

Hate that sour smell. I know what youre talking about. Also really cheap chicken has a weird sweet taste to it.

Fuck cheap meats

absolutely based food safety officer saving others' health

do you live in a state where it's still legal to treat beef with carbon monoxide so it stays pink on the outside?

based food safety officer

Thank you for your service, yours is a boot I'll gladly lick (you'd probably tell me about how many gross bacteria are on boots though).

What the fuck, that’s disgusting. I’ve never had ground beef turn brown.

based food safety officer

I only buy organic/grass fed ground beef.
it's very cheap.
but conventional beef I buy whatever cut is on sale and eat it raw. just not conventional mince.

Someone who goes out and does something (inspecting the quality of goods) is different from a feckless bureaucrat, sitting on his ass pushing papers.

So the inside is already cooked, it's just saving you time

If you've ever butchered big game you'd know that the bright pink color is the odd part about this equation. Red meat should be a deep crimson brown.

thank you for your service officer

This. A coupla other anons mentioned treatment to stave off oxidation, which is a real thing. Fresh beef can be from pink to almost purple. The color is not blood, most of the blood has left the meat before it gets packaged (often weeks after butchering). Most of the "juice" that are left is plasma.

troofquads

i'd say maroon, but yeah...something like that

Spotted the butcher who wraps new meat around his old meat.

It should be the opposite.

Pink inside and a little brown on the outside.

Unless you rolled it to troll us, the store rolled it to troll you.

god bless you and your country officer

Thanks for the info faggot. I mean officer.

The mexicans obviously wrapped old beef in new beef

Tha k you for your service mr officer

Because you live in America you are the hostage of people that aren't just content with having everything, they have to ruin what little you have as well. They've flooded the country with barely sapient mexicans who couldn't comprehend hygiene even if anyone required them to. Your masters are deliberately giving you rotten meat because they think it's funny, the same reason they've destroyed your country.

What's it taste like

Calm down Jow Forums you fucking sperg

Citric acid is just fucking lemon juice, no reason an organic butcher wouldn't use it.
But you're right.

Don't be a bitch ass nigga. Just cook it extta long and dry. Heat kills germs dummy. I've eaten much worse and never been sick.

Thank you for your service.

Heat might kill the germs, but it won't always denature the toxins they leave behind (what makes the bacteria dangerous to you). You can boil spoiled milk, rotten eggs, and rotten meat all you like, but it's still gonna make you sick, put you in the hospital, or even possibly kill you.

Attached: 1460516762705.jpg (500x500, 68K)

That’s what happens when oxygen gets in touch with it. We used to cover up 50-75 lbs tubs with plastic and it would get like that if wasn’t sealed correctly. No big deal

Attached: 1F6205B8-EA46-458A-82D9-26E762191F98.jpg (4096x2304, 2.81M)

thank you for your service food safety officer absolutely based individual

based and beefpilled

Story time?

>not grinding your own beef
just LOOOOOOOOOOL this is manlet level of idiocy

It's not food coloring. Its gas.

>Officer hating brown
A tail as old as time

They use an inert gas when they package the meat to keep it fresh. Said gas doesn't reach the ground beef on the inside, which is oxidized in the manufacturing process. The meat is fine.

>food safety officer

Attached: 1534429079856.jpg (424x403, 130K)

Rub the brown stuff on your penis, it will make it grow.