Is there a more chad sport than fencing?

is there a more chad sport than fencing?

Attached: 7730599606_83f03446e3_k-e1504547742297.jpg (1104x663, 74K)

>no fencers on this board
i knew you were poor

>causes muscle imbalances
>little transfer to other martial arts
>disgustingly sweaty
>90% autists
>neither top tier muscle growth or cardio capacity

True chad rich people sports
>rowing crew
>lacrosse
>polo

Based and redpilled.
Fencing is the ultimate sport.

knife fighting

fencing with lightsabers

>not doing HEMA
who gave you a knife, kid?

>>rowing crew
>>lacrosse
>>polo
those are faggot sports though. especially rowing.

Attached: EA924755-1EF6-4E8E-81FC-B58B1F865F53.png (500x523, 140K)

God I’ve wanted to get a single rowing boat and use that as my cardio, I have the perfect body of water nearby too. Just to expensive and don’t know where to start

Attached: 48D99990-6493-4472-AAFD-81A6C3D7A0BD.jpg (874x1063, 312K)

HEMA is the most soi, cringe and redditpilled "sport" to ever exist.

>comparing skillful swordplay that is fencing to LARPING.

Honestly it's literal shit. Bunch of wannabes who want to be taken seriously by following old books to a T. Yet when you see them fight it's utter shit and you can obviously tell nobody was fucking around like that in the 1400s. They're fighting style results in shit because they are playing a game of whoever gets touched first loses, what kind of shit is that

I'd say wrestling or something along the lines of MMA is more chad.
>inb4 it's useless in the mean cold streets
Cardio is second only to runners and you also get gains while having more fun than at the gym

yea like all of them

>training for a sport that only involves quickness
Enjoy looking like you don't lift.

literally any other sport in the world, even curling is better than this shit

kek

In 1500s-1800(roughly) rapiers were used commonly in duels and you dont want to lose

HEMA is especially retarded because 99% of european weapons were designed to be used in war, not in 1v1.

>MMA is more chad.
MMA is a meme sport and everyone knows it.

What did he mean by this?

Attached: F54BEBC8-703F-4315-90CF-548B0B7C1A77.jpg (1280x1707, 104K)

fencers quads and glutes are huge. it takes years just to learn how to move your body like that

Yes it’s called mixed martial arts. Nothing more chad than getting locked in a cage and hurting another man.

Look for a local club. It's worth a drive. Pass an intro class and a lot of times you can get access to the cheaper skulls for monthly membership.

Sometimes when people move they will firesale their skulls and you can get a 6k for 2k.

Fencing is also the best sport for self-defense, right after carrying a gun.

>implying fencing isn't
I'd say two people slugging it out in a controlled environment is more chad than two people diving at each other with fishing line attached to their back

HEMA and even more so shooting.

Attached: perfectly_looped_bullet_feed.gif (360x190, 792K)

>literally saying "I stabbed you first so you can't stab me back"
>deliberately putting yourself in a precarious position to stab somebody in the thigh
I doubt it

Attached: 39f85f402f3766bbc0e4a80639a6fe1e.jpg (797x421, 38K)

reporting in
desu i'm middle/upper middle class and most of my mates too. but where I live everyone earns basically the same so idk. it is quite expensive tho

fencing has history, technique, and olympic tournaments.

MMA is a jewish spectator sport for troglodytes, a step BELOW pro wrestling because MMA tries to actually take itself seriously. pride was cool because it understood that MMA was a meme sport. UFC killed it by pretending that it's a serious discipline. also MONSTER ENERGY TAPOUT meme marketing.

Yea thats how fencing and kendo is too.

Yall are better off getting a sword type that you like and "shadowboxing" with it innawoods on your rest days. Great exercise, fun, and even sort or relaxing. Plus youre out in the woods enjoying the weather

Fenced Epee in college on a club team.
I miss it but I don't have the time to join any local clubs. Plus I'd need to update/fix all my kit

>two people diving at each other with fishing line attached to their back

I see you're familiar with sabre fencing

>'d need to update/fix all my kit
building blades is easy as hell user.

but yeah i feel it. it's a huge time investment, and it's expensive. i competed nationally in highschool, and i probably spent at least 15 hours a week at fencing practice. hard to maintain that lifestyle when you work full time.

yes, ice hockey.

Reporting in im going to canada nationals anyone else here going?

It's the time mostly. After work I go to the gym, lift, then go home and it's late by then. I like that routine too.

As for the kit, it's also the jacket and knickers (having spent the bulk of the past 8 years in my bag), needing a plastron, new body cords, etc.

Thinking about the rush of competition does tempt me to come back, but I'll just be trying to capture that high from college

>chad sport
Don't know if Chaddest sport but at least it's elegant and certainly commited to get high class pussy.

Attached: 1537019614594.png (616x394, 318K)

Why tf would I play adult light sabers?

>fencing
Why can't you just call it escrime? Is it too hard to pronounce?

because this isn't france

Maybe its because no one plays fencing in my country, but only trained for one month and won a state championship lmao, i never played since

Fucking burguers man, get some culture.
You will never knoe what it feels like to play fencing at the schools yard while all the qts root for you to kill the other bastard

>technique
That technique is nothing like what is was in the old days, because now nobody cares about the follow up since it's in needed. I'm not saying MMA has practical skills other than overall fitness, but it's far better than a couple of twinks in beekeeper suits with big needles because punching shit out of another man has always been the manliest form of communication

>Op thinks french's dyel fancy pants sport "chad sport"
Rugby is truly on Chad's level of sports

Attached: 1538245977_881119_1538246034_noticia_normal.jpg (1200x675, 82K)

Highland Games
>throw rocks
>throw logs
>throw heavy weights
>throw hammers
Also you get to wear kilts and listen to bagpipe bands all day. Bagpipes are scientifically proven to increase sex appeal and testosterone by 1000%.

>Los pumas
>Throws up

>Disdain for Los Pumas
A vos te voy a dejar el orto tan abierto que te lo voy a usar para tomar mate con el agua calentada a ochenta grados

Combat sports
> Boxing,mma,muay thai etc
Wrestling beats fencing any day

Attached: D10582FA-3CBF-41DC-90F9-307C93BFF2B5.jpg (1600x1067, 278K)

>Sabe a cuantos grados esta el mate
Porteño puto ojala te mate un aneurisma es un equipo de mierda lleno de gordos dyels

Because I'm not a faggot

Te quiero ver diciéndole "gordos dyels" de frente a Los Pumas provinciano puto

Fencing is a based sport.

>be me
>at uni bored
>decide to enter into fencing class
>get there and there are about 12 people long time comers
>welcome user
>training begins, pretty easy
>coordinated movements and side leaps and dashes
>taught how to defend and block, parry and attack
>not bad user but now the real fight begins
>we now have to fence each other
>competition begins
>heh
>all looking confident against me
>roasties who have been going for years
>first fight against lvl 10 roastie
>me lvl 1
>she attacks, I block left, she attacks again, I block right
>she's unsure
>attacks again, I parry and score a point
>murmuring hey anons pretty good
>play defensive score two more points win
>gain exp
>round ends one of the more experienced fencers gets through with ease
>that was pretty good user but I've been going here for years this won't be so easy
>lvl 15 bro approaches
>fight begins
cont...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Cont part 2

>attacks straight away, block right, attacks again, block right, much faster than lvl 10 roastie
>successfully blocking his attacks, tries a swift attack then swish lunge
>fancy moves
>successfully block his moves
>feel like the motherfucking mountain
>momentary pause, he is visibly unsure, attacks again I see an opening parry score quick point
>score two more points, win
>lvl up to lvl 5 level again to lvl 7
>reach final, me vs lvl 20 roastie, most experienced
>I have noticeable height advantage and a impenetrable defense
>she is unsure already having seen me win
>take the advantage
>I attack! she blocks and parries, i block and counter and score a point
>same thing again, I attack, she blocks and parries, I block and counter, she blocks again we retreat
>I attack again, she tries to parry to my left but I use her momentum to make her flow forward I then score a point off her chest
>she knows she's lost at this point and tries a weak attack, I parry and score a point, I've won
>clapping
>that was pretty good user, amazing for a newcomer
>I am the motherfucking mountain, feel huge
>I am gracious to be here
>make everyone feel good
>will you be coming again?
>m-maybe
>and that's the story of how I won a fencing tournament with nearly zero experience

I recommend anyone to try fencing, best sport

Attached: olympics-rio-fencing-m-foilteam.jpg (750x1036, 61K)

kys u literally never have fenced keep larping

don't practice french sport then, everything is said in japanese in judo why wouldn't it be the same for escrime

>everyone clapped
>no usage of terminology
Yeah, this never happened

>I want to go back

Attached: 42042420791_09f4d6a7cc_b[1].jpg (1024x690, 218K)

Germanic Autism: the sport

and yes i have participated

Phritte

I was bronze medallist in sabre UK championships in my age category and I have represented England twice internationally.

B O H U R T

this guy

Attached: 42042420791_09f4d6a7cc_b[1].png (1024x690, 955K)

What's Morrissey doing there

More faggy even than rock climbing. You can judge how lame a "sport" is by how many women you see at the average unisex club... and fencing is swarmed with them.

Attached: subaru.jpg (700x400, 339K)

Go play chess, faggot.

Hilariously true. Any sport which has a significant number of women (especially women with shirt hair and tattoos) is garbage

Cool story. Thanks for sharing. But if you didn't got her out that night and ended fucking her this never happened.

Attached: 1487235844588.jpg (447x444, 16K)

Modern fencing isn't even "swordplay". You're literally just trying to touch the other person with your stick first. If you were actually using real swords in real combat, your opponent wouldn't immediately be incapacitated because you touched them 0.01 seconds faster.
It's honestly the most retarded "sport" ever.

> Anti-McCain
Based

I knew there were time machines in the 1950s.

There's plently of documentation and historical manuals of how in particular swords were used in 1v1 combat.

Yes. HEMA Longsword sparring. Fencing is for faggots

Attached: 34332425773_62d8245ec1_b.jpg (1024x683, 216K)

>French
>People

Because America. Also, IIRC, escrime is only one of the three disciplines, is it not?

Who the fuck carries around a sword

>faggot sports
>especially rowing
lmao cope harder, go back to poking your friends bruh

You are legitimately retarded.

And that history has been completely thrown away in favour of a completely bastardized sport where the only objective is to throw yourself at your opponent faster without any thought of parrying or following up. If you just think it's fun in the same way any other sport is, then fine, but don't pretend it's something that it's not.

Because it's an easy pseudo-martial art for women to be good at. It's less focused on strength and more on speed, finesse, and reading body language. Fencing swords, especially foils, are light and easy to handle, and it's pretty decent cardio. This is why it's traditionally associated in media with women, which feeds into women wanting to fence.

>larp play
lmao. All combat sports are toned down. HEMALARP is no different user.

HAHA I LAX BRO RUSH PIKE

Honestly I used to be a fencer before the only club in town died a slow, quiet death, and I miss it dearly because it was nice cardio and lots of fun, but it's not terribly chadly. It's a bunch of fat 20-something neckbeards and 40-something men who've been in ottermode for the last 30 trying to poke eachother with a metal stick. And the older guys used to be neckbeards too. Shit, that fencing club was how I found my first D&D group.

F1