Grip Thread

Can fit didly 225 1 handed?

Also general grip and forearm thread

Attached: IMG_20190329_202222.png (946x608, 706K)

What is the point of this? Why don't you just put more weight and use both hands?

I was dicking around after finishing my work sets and its a good grip excercise

Ed Coan advocates for this off a powercage safety bar as a good grip and oblique exercise

Those aren't 45s. Fuck off.

Never tried 1 handed. I've done 535 doh though

Attached: 1463609467815.webm (920x1280, 2.99M)

gym maxxed incel shitposter namefag lmao

t. weak dyel

Fuck off back to distrap and r9gay faggot

merlin

Wondered if I could ask you guys. For starting lifting for the first time ever, how do I work out what my conservative starting weight should be?

I've done 145 kg, didn't record it because it isn't particularly impressive. Some /plg/ guy posted a video of 180 kg years ago, can't remember who it was though.

Start with the empty bar
Do a set, add 10 kg if very easy, 5 kg if easy, repeat until it's not easy anymore.

Thanks.

>incel
I'm married and have a child
>namefag
It's a trip, newfag

nice job man. I'm mirin

for deadlift? It's pretty easy to do 1rm testing for deadlift cuz you don't need a spotter. Just start off with a light pyramid warm up, then start progressively doing one rep sets at increasing weights. Make sure the intervals aren't too big (like don't jump up a full plate every time) or too small (or you'll tire yourself out before getting to your actual 1rm) and it will be pretty easy to tell where your 1rm is. From there you can calculate what weights you should be doing as a percentage of that based on reps and sets (for example, 5x5 at 80%).

My grip isn't awful, but by the end of my workouts it starts to fail way too quickly. Like if I save shrugs for the end of my pull workout, my grip will give out way before my lats, so I just have to do a lot of sets to get the same volume. The callus from deadlifting don't help much either.

What does your wife think of you going on here? I showed mine and she was shocked by how most people have disgusting views about women.

She doesn't care. She sees the constant thotposting and has correctly inferred that most of this board is sexually frustrated but knows that a lot of my posts are to help other lifters so she knows it's mostly just me taking shop.
Ironically, this board has the most dyel people that have no inhibition to spew bullshit, so that needs to be balanced out some

unilateral exercises train your limbs better than any bilateral exercises, even if you just put more weight, exercises like these will make you far stronger and with less weight

Never tried a one handed deadlift nor do I really train grip stuff deliberately.

My best DOH is 405x3 and I can get a captains of crush #3 ~3/4 of the way closed.

Probably because it's fun.

ive only ever tried it on an axle bar. Best one handed axle was 245

this is the daily reminder lifting stats are irrelevant

I'm 245lbs in that video I'm not sure what you'd expect