Other urls found in this thread:

barbend.com/heaviest-push-press/
topendsports.com/testing/records/bench-press.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_(exercise)#World_records
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlift#World_records
youtube.com/watch?v=3nJrYPVJ88M
youtu.be/Z989Zz_oujg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you think the guy that made that pink socked when he pulled that info out of his arse?

>The average man can bench 2pl8
Who made this cringe shit

>
records (kind of):
OHP
barbend.com/heaviest-push-press/
PRESS
topendsports.com/testing/records/bench-press.htm
SQUAT
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_(exercise)#World_records
DEADLIFT
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlift#World_records

Why do dumbass retards who make shitnup like this always think top 1% is anything special? Imagine if 1 in 100 people could actually do those numbers it would be insane. 1/2/3/4 is already stronger than 90% of people if not more I guarantee.

would this be correct?
1/2/3/4 stronger than 90 %
2/3/4/5 than 95%
and so on..

>40% of all men can raise 60kg above their heads
>40% of all men can lift 180kg to waist height

Fuck off. In my gym (already selection bias sample of the population since most men don't lift) I've seen 1-2 people at most do a 1 plate OHP and 4 plate diddly, and I go to a fairly busy gym. This post massively overestimates the male population.

Pfft, no, the majority of people in the gym don't train ohp at all let alone strength, you're above the 95th percentile at the least if you can ohp 1pl8

Probably like
>1/2/3/4 stronger than 90%
>2/3/4/5 stronger than 99.0%
>3/4/5/6 stronger than 99.90%
>etc...
Though I think the numbers would be even bigger to start with.

They would. 1/2/3/4 is stronger than 90% of the gym going population, let alone the population at large

Not to mention all these records were done using mega doses of steroids

this is completely wrong
OHP WR is ~216 kg set by Eddie Hall, layback press is not OHP
Bench WR is 335 kg set by Kirill Sarychev, equipped bench doesn't count
now for the percentiles:
1/2/3/4 makes you stronger than easily 99% of men
2/3/4/5 (not balanced btw, should be 2/3.5/5/6) makes you stronger than 99.99% of men
3/4/5/6 is probably sub 1000 people on this planet (press is hardest here)
4/5/6/7 sub 50 people on this planet that can do all (press is hard here)

>top 1% of men - world record league
someone is retarded

>push press
>multiply bench
>multiply half squat with no walkout and a soft lockout
>strongman deadlift on a noodle bar with a deadlift suit, straps and hitching
Lmfao, the numbers actually used should be
>OHP
No idea
>Bench
335kg
>Squat
490kg
>Deadlift
460kg

Exactly this, 1/2/3/4 puts you in the 99th percentile

yes, this seems legit

exactly
if OP went to an actual gym he would notice that 1/2/3/4 already puts you into the top 10% of your average gym population (not counting powerlifitng gyms here). There are virtually no non-lifters putting that up, and 10% of people going to the gym is quite an overestimation

>1/5 men you pass on the street have a 6pl8 deadlift
>1/100 men you pass in the street have an 8pl8 deadlift and are world record contendors

where is proofs

Attached: 1550704988600.jpg (660x680, 55K)

1/2/3/4 puts you in the 40th percentile of people who actually lift, not the top 10% of a gym.

also the ratios get super fucked at the end
should be
>1/2/3/4 late intermediate lifter 99th percentile
>1.5/2.75/4/5 proficient lifter 99.9th percentile
>2/3.5/5/6 advanced lifter 99.99th percentile
>2.5/4.25/6/7 elite natural lifter 99.999th percentile
>3/5/7/8 beyond elite, enhanced lifter 99.9999th percentile
>over 3.5/6/8/9 absolute world class athlete / strongman / powerlifter record holder

maybe in a dedicated powerlifting gym
in a regular gym population (majority of gyms) it makes you top 10%, given that the form is correct (i.e. no push pressing, no half rep bench/squat and no wormchad deadlifts)

Hey guys I feel like I desperately need help. Input is appreciated.
I'm 5'9 and 195lbs and 23 years old. Im working as a personal trainer right now.
I have been lifting for a few years, but I have neglected some barbell exercises for dumbbell.
I'm depressed as fuck because I feel like I haven't accomplished anything with my main lifts.
I can barely bench over 1 plate. My record on dumbbell chest press is 90x4.
My deadlift 1rm is only 315
I don't feel proud of myself AT ALL. All I feel is regret that I can't do more.
Pic related is pretty recent.
What should I do? Currently trying volume training

Attached: Screenshot_20190330-082603.png (1080x1920, 775K)

thinking about it, I could have gone even harder on the deadlift/squat. Natty limit is like 300 kg squat and 340 kg deadlift for a gifted trainee with 10+ years dedicated training

>squat WR more than deadlift
>everyone on Jow Forums deadlifts shitload more than squats

really makes you think...

post penis no homo

I agree with all except wormchad deadlifting. That shit is unironically harder and just dangerous, it's hitching and bouncing your deadlifts that don't count.

I'm not saying the entire gym population I'm saying people who actually lift, the regulars you see most days you're there. I've gone to 5 different gyms, and after my uni gym that percentage held true for most of those gyms. Now I go to a gym where people for the most part take their training seriously and it's upwards of 70% of men, and a handful of women that can do 1/2/3/4.

it's suited powerlifting low bar squats barely to depth
ATG squat should be lower than your deadlift

>OHP WR is ~216 kg set by Eddie Hall, layback press is not OHP
youtube.com/watch?v=3nJrYPVJ88M

well, you're just narrowing down the population to the people you perceive as "true lifters" in my opinion.
>women that can do 1/2/3/4
not doubting the lower body numbers, but if the upper body claims are true they're likely enhanced. There's local record holder female powerlifters here that bench under 2pl8 (while squatting above 3pl8 and diddlying 4.5-5 pl8). Also doubtful that there's natty females pressing 1pl8 strict, haven't even seen those on youtube with the exception of insulin-enhanced diabetic "natural" female athletes

>layback press is not OHP
can you read? Eddie's 216 was strict with a thick bar, he probably did 220 strict in training. layback uses too much momentum

That squat record is an equipped record and so is the deadlift record and the bench record as well.

Equipped squatd mog the fuck out of diddies because you can store so much elastic energy in 9999-ply squat suits on the way down, that literally lift a large percentage of the load on the way up.

Equipped PL is the gayest shit ever. If you looked at a normal unequipped competition you'd rarely see a lifter squat more than deadlift.

First that's actually highbar, not lowbar, a lot of multiply lifters squat highbar so the bar doesn't roll off their back.
youtu.be/Z989Zz_oujg
Let's go over a couple of things why this squat is a load of shit.
>multiply
He's wearing multiple layers of gear, does a ton of the work for him
>no walkout
Monolifts are the single most bullshit piece of equipment in any powerlifting fed.
>mile high
That squat wasn't barely to depth, it was a mile fucking high and in any real fed would have gotten 3 red lights and a no lift.

I'd reckon once you hit 1/2/3/4 its more like 80%

of the training population maybe. Keep in mind most people are sedentary, it's far more than 80% of men.

I shouldn't have said a handful I should have said 2 because that's all there actually is. The one is on a tremendous amount of drugs and I'm not sure about her pressing but I know she squats damn near 5pl8. The other actually is natural and I've seen her do all of the lifts in person except for OHP. It was actually log press that she managed for 130lbs, so I that she could OHP 135 on a regular barbell.

This. Records in op where all geared powerlarder lifters

if the natty one is true, that's awesome. 1pl8 strict press (OHP is the hardest for women to improve due to it being less technical than bench and pure upper body) is probably elite for girls

There's one dude that has a 3pl bench in my gym, and i've never seen someone other than me go over half plates for ohp. And there's like 4 people that deadlift at all.
People gawk at 1pl ohp and 3pl squat

Also, 2 boomers asked me if 55lb dumbbells aren't a bit much for my ohp and then proceeded to stare and compliment

You're correct but I think op was just b8

I know a world class female powerlifter who deads over 180kg at under 60kg bodyweight (extreme sumo, but still insanely impressive) but can't bench 2pl8 or press 1pl8. It's just how female strength works-lower body (especially something like sumo deads) they can still be very impressive but upper body is a struggle

No cause you cant just pull stats out of your ass you retard. Jesus how dumb people can be

it does not scale like that, 1234 would be stronger than 95% of men in the first place anyway.

cringing at your tardbrain

>push press
fuck outta here with that leg drive bullshit

push press is a legit power exercise, just don't call it OHP
patrician's way of pressing is OHP+Push Press like based klokov

Honestly, even people that go to the gym struggle with lmao1pl8 bench.

If you can do 2pl8.... well, you're going to be considered a fucking gym rat by normies. People who actually lift realize that 2pl8 is like... the cutoff point. At 2pl8, you can say "yeah, I lift," when talking to another gymbro.

FUCK

this makes me angry as shit though.

like, who cares?! are you doing this to look better, be better, be healthier, or want people to admire you.... yeah, okay. so the point is, as soon as you can do lmao2pl8 bench, congratulations, for the normal human, you "made it."

>1 in 100 men has a lmao5plaet ohp
kek

Cope.
1/2/3/4 was created to distinguish average people from lifters.
1/2/3/4 is closer to 50% not 60%

true

People in this topic really be thinking that 3rd worlders are as weak and effeminate as western men.

1/2/3/4 is stronger than 99% of people

>world record bench
>over 1000lb
the world record on the squat right now is just slightly over 1000lb
who made this garbage lmao?

I don't know anyone that can do 1,2,3,4

you're right, they're even weaker

Tfw you can 1/2/3/4 after 7 months of doing sport (weightlifting and powerlifting style training), after 10 years of doing 2 packs of cigarettes a day

Attached: 1528138993119.jpg (206x219, 4K)

It's with a suit

>40% of men can do 1/2/3/4

Attached: spiderman snap.jpg (258x195, 8K)

Fuck I read it backwards

Attached: Ricky Reddit.jpg (3024x4032, 991K)

wait nevermind

1/2/3/4 puts you in top 5%

2/3/4/5 is top 0.1%. The vast majority of trained athletes cannot squat four plates let alone the unrealistic OHP 2 plates. Only a tiny fraction of specifically strength trained people can do these