How skin ageing is uv from the sun?

Is sun avoidance worth it to save your skin? I hate wearing sunscreen so only do so during the summer months, but I know UV is year round.
How much younger will sun avoidance make you look in the long run?

Attached: download (6).jpg (275x183, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm1104059
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favre–Racouchot_syndrome
skincancer.org/prevention/sun-protection/clothing/get-in-on-the-trend
dermveda.com/articles/what-colors-are-the-best-for-sun-protective-clothing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This guy has been a truckdriver for 28 years, effectively exposing only one side of his face to the sun.
Sun damage is real.
If you hate sunscreens, just buy a facial lotion with sun protection in it. Not greasy or white and you still get atleast SOME protection.

Attached: A90B3928-6369-41C0-92F9-D52CCB2AAFBB.png (644x652, 256K)

I‘d rec something like this

Attached: 2452A454-7A39-4F76-AF9A-8553E3AA4F57.png (2000x2000, 531K)

The cold hard truth is that skin aging is 90% genetics, 10% you can do something about it like wearing sunscreen and other products/diet

the sun makes a big difference, but general skin care makes a bigger difference.

t. florida user

His "good" side would have still been exposed to regular amounts of UV when he wasn't driving.

Also his affected side is so cracked and craggy that it doesn't look like normal ageing but obviously fried by intense sun.

He still clearly looks like an "older" guy in his non-effected side because of a loss of skin elasticity and sagging.

Yeah, ofc.
But the visual effect of excessive exposure of one side is still there.
Avoiding sun is also the nr 1 reason why asian women tend to look so young, even in their 40‘s.

For example, pic related is 49.

Attached: A35DBC3B-BB88-434F-B874-E5E3E57CAB06.jpg (819x1024, 148K)

Jesus fuck why do ignorant people comment.

A relative of mine lives in an area with high annual sunshine hours and warm temperatures.
He has never worn sunscreen and yet has no wrinkles and looks very youthful for his age. This is despite getting a good tan in the summer.

>SUN IS BAD FOR YOU
After it turned out you get skin cancer from electric light and no sunlight, they now invent something else.

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm1104059

This is the article the image comes from. Nobody knows if it's sun damage. It#s just a theory.

If the theory is right, the guy suffers from this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favre–Racouchot_syndrome

So, no, this is not a typical "damage from sunlight", as often claimed on the internet.

Also, the guy is ~70 years old on the picture.

>not one wrinkle

Avoiding the sun is very effective.
Told you so.

Attached: 32109D60-7E5A-4EFA-9C22-0B2DF93FE047.jpg (320x427, 28K)

Just wear a cap, white tshirt and shorts
Cover arms neck and legs with sunscreen
The white shirt allows for some light to come through, but not enough to actually 'burn' the skin
You shouldn't avoid the sun completely, no, that's a recipe for disaster

>Just wear a cap, white tshirt and shorts
>white shorts
SHART

Further to this, I also look young for my age but then I've always shunned the sun.
I don't know if this is down to genetics (like my relative), sun avoidance or a mixture of both.
I'd like to be able to embrace outdoor activities or even just going outside when the sun is out, but I'm fearful incase it rapidly ages my skin like I've seen on many of my peers (even those who wear sunscreen).

IN

The fucking irony

Exactly, either your family got good skin genetics or they dont, you can undo your genetics, people dont realize this
Same i experience people that eat shit all day, no sunscreen, always out in sun, but again skin is almost flawless despite being 40

I thought the same until I went to an endo because of thyroid troubles. I got my blood tested a lot and Vit D and Testosterone were abysmally low. Like, lower than the youtube basedboy who got tested and who were already abysmally low. Like, lower than a 100 year old guy.

As it turns out, even a skin type 1 like me (Celtic type, red/blond hair, green eyes, pale af) will NOT get enough Vit D from the usually recommended "10-15 minutes in the sun per day". I tried it. And I ended up basically trap-tier low test.

Also, fwiw, I started finding traps attractive during these low test times, so I can finally put the question whether fapping to traps is high or low test to rest: It's extremely low test.

MART

>white t-shirt

Actually darker colors are more protective.

>The color of the fabric also plays a role. Darker-colored fabrics are more effective than lighter at blocking out the sun. For instance, the UPF of a green cotton T-shirt is 10 versus 7 for white cotton

>Color is the first consideration. In regards to light versus dark, darker pigments are more protective. These colors tend to absorb UV radiation rather than transmit it. Dark colors such as black, blue, and brown will have a higher UPF or ultraviolet protection factor.

skincancer.org/prevention/sun-protection/clothing/get-in-on-the-trend
dermveda.com/articles/what-colors-are-the-best-for-sun-protective-clothing

What did yoy do to fix it?
Been taking vit d3?

I know dark clothes are more protective
I said white shirt because I -personally- don't like having ghost-like skin

I still think it's important to avoid direct sun-to-skin exposure

Always wear the strongest sunscreen on your face unless you want to look like this by age 40.

Bump