Is this really the 'abs killer'? Should you aim to cut bread (or white bread specifically) entirely from your diet?

Is this really the 'abs killer'? Should you aim to cut bread (or white bread specifically) entirely from your diet?

Attached: white-bread-53-600-600x900.jpg (600x900, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8rcfvRGZsDs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

White bread=cancer
Wheat bread=great

All refined carbs are terrible. Don't eat anything made with flour. That includes pasta.

Whole grain is no different from white when it comes to insulin response. Whole grain just has more nutrients. Skip it.

So what does Jow Forums have for carbs? Surely you can't eat rice/oats every day right

what carbohydrate can i eat then? what about white rice? if yes, will half of the plate be okay?

sweet potatoes, berries, carrots etc.

quinoa

When I carb up I eat fried potatoes. Never mashed. Mashing potatoes is like blending fruit.

Any whole vegetable is fine. Don't blend or mash anything.

Rice flour for example would have the same problem wheat flour has. They are absorbed too quickly.

Whole grains of white rice are fine.

>Never mashed. Mashing potatoes is like blending fruit.
I don't see the problem with either of them. Did Doctor Oz say blended fruit is bad?

It makes the carbs absorb rapidly which spikes insulin too high. Fibre has a protective effect against the insulin response, but only if the food is eaten whole.

Blended fruit has exactly the same effect on hormones that fruit juice does.

>Mashing potatoes is like blending fruit.

Yeah rather than reducing something to a paste in a blender, you burn heaps of calories by using your teeth to do the same thing

Actual science on the topic says its bad
youtube.com/watch?v=8rcfvRGZsDs

dunno i am shitalian and so i eat pasta and white bread (not the type in OP, legit bread) erryday, i still have visible abs
it's all about your activity level

Attached: FB_IMG_1544365662176.jpg (720x960, 97K)

Would be more convincing if you'd post your abs

I'm a skeleton (125pounds/5'8) trying to gain some weight. Should I still take these things into consideration? A lot of the pros I see for the "good" (complex) carbs is that they make you fuller or whatever, but that sounds like a downside for someone trying to gain weight to me.

>that amount of pasta
>visible abs
choose one and post body

touché but i don't have naked pic of mine at the moment, i have only pasta pics

Attached: pasta-e-fagioli.jpg (640x480, 119K)

There's also no way you mash food as thoroughly with your teeth.

dont eat too many carbs, eat a shit ton of protein and lift to get muscle mass

Fellow shitalian poster. I unironically think that pasta blocked my growth, I ate pasta 6 days a week when I was a teenager and now even if I am 6ft I think that if I would have eaten more proteins (meat, fish, eggs) now I would be taller and stronger.

Cut bread and pasta, eat brown/black rice instead.

Attached: matteo-salvini-1256461.jpg (590x659, 49K)

Brown rice isn't beneficial. It might actually be worse because of anti nutrients.

Whole grains are a meme. The real difference in carb sources is whether they have been ground up or mashed.

Attached: Pasta-con-le-sarde1-1600x800.jpg (1600x800, 335K)

tfw i bulked on oat cookies that had 68 g of carbs per 100 g

Attached: download.png (214x236, 6K)

forgot to text: it's not one person serving and those are orecchiette, which is a type of fresh pasta, so less caloric dense than standard pasta

>Surely you can't eat rice/oats every day right
Haha kill me

>i have only pasta pics
Based shitalian

Isnt white bread wheat bread? Are murrican breads different?

>All refined carbs are terrible.
But why? It’s literally ground down wheat, what’s the difference?

I cant stop eating bread, I tried before but it just makes everything a pain in the ass. No other source of carbs is as easy as bread with some chicken or peanut butter.
If I stop eating bread I have to do 3x as much mealprep every day. Fuck that shit

Well, do you feel like it affects your progress? What are your abs lookin like?

Insulin spikes far higher when the carbs absorb rapidly.

Whole plant sources of carbs digest slower than processed foods like sugar, flour, juice, syrup, blends, or mashes.

Even if you chewed your food so thoroughly it was like a processed food (it won't be) the incredibly long chewing time alone would slow your eating and therefore the carb absorption.

Visible but not shredded, around 10 to 12% bf I would say. But I dont think bread is the reason, if I would eat the same amount of carbs with rice I would probably have the same result.