/fat/ - Those lonely nights are behind me edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For big butterballs who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
quen.life/forecast/

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous:

Attached: 1554021873929.jpg (1000x820, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

science.howstuffworks.com/life/cellular-microscopic/fat-cell2.htm
eatthismuch.com/food/nutrition/center-cut-top-sirloin-6-oz,562113/)
eatthismuch.com/food/nutrition/bottom-round-steak,90456/)
nutritionix.com/i/usda-choice/sirloin-steak-center-cut/5b98c0b914dc33e27cdc1ea4)
healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets
libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=177B2E5D676751DA03C38E1D92BE141C
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm down from 223 lb to 182.4 lb in 3 months. It's all diet guys. For exercise I walk a few miles at work everyday. That's it. You can do this just by eating right. Believe in yourself. No one else will. They'll call you fat all the way til the end. Then they won't anymore. But you have to earn it.

manages to eat less
keeps drinking more

i cant escape

This was so much easier when I was 17. I dirty bulked after I ended up skelly and then stopped lifting and everything went to shit. Now at 23 it’s so fucking difficult. If I could just make this a fucking habit and eat right for more than 2 weeks I’d get it. I keep losing a couple lbs then binging for a week. 1 step forward and 2 back. Fucking ffuck I hate myself

>wanna put a picture of billy herrington in my weight room for motivation
>don't want anyone to think I'm gay
FUCK

Buddy, everyone already knows you're gay

It's motivation over obligation. If you feel you have to do it to get back to some former glory, you're not going to succeed. You need to WANT to do it more than you feel like you have to, and consistency will follow. You're gonna make it.

Just put photos of him fucking other dudes up for inspiration. Your male friends will understand that pictures of a man dominating other dudes is alpha and straight as fuck.

how accurate is this?
science.howstuffworks.com/life/cellular-microscopic/fat-cell2.htm

Anybody have the list objects and their weight?

Attached: 32AE0A1E-6BDE-4680-BA10-7F8EE4768405.gif (356x200, 48K)

specifically the bit about metabolising various macros as body fat. apparently fat has a ~100% metabolic efficiency whereas carbs more like ~80%.

Holy fuck you’re right. That’s the way I felt when I was 17. I remember wanting it so bad I could have killed for it. Fuck I need to find why I truly want to do this and then just run with it

Thank you. Honestly that was such a spot on post dude

I had been using Center Cut Top Sirloin Steak for Stir-Fry and had taken the nutrition facts from this page (eatthismuch.com/food/nutrition/center-cut-top-sirloin-6-oz,562113/)
However, the latest time I went to the store they didn’t have any good cuts so I wound up getting Bottom Round Western Cut instead and was surprised that the nutrition facts seemed much better (eatthismuch.com/food/nutrition/bottom-round-steak,90456/)
Took a quick look around and it appears my Top Sirloin facts may have been off - this has it at much closer to the bottom round (nutritionix.com/i/usda-choice/sirloin-steak-center-cut/5b98c0b914dc33e27cdc1ea4)

Should I go with the much higher number for Top Sirloin or is that a bad entry?

Apologies for the wall of text, any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be most welcome

Attached: 45BB64CA-C2AA-4FA4-B125-8847D912B517.jpg (4032x3024, 1.81M)

Went to the gym to try and see how much I could still lift. My squat is so much lower than I expected to be able to do.
But the worst part was looking in the mirror every time I lifted and seeing my giant fucking man boobs. Wanted to fucking kill myself right there and then.

You WILL make it.

My starting weight was 212 on March 8th.

I've done at least one day a week fasting and have been on the keto diet. During the work week I can easily walk three miles on breaks and lunch, so I've been doing that.

Tried the gym again yesterday. Going to aim for a few days a week for a while and increase.

Down to 190. Today has been bad though.I just want to sit in front of my computer and read manga.

22 pounds in 3 weeks

Attached: 1511351571305[1].jpg (450x437, 31K)

Attached: how much you've lost.png (415x692, 301K)

Glad I could help!

15lbs from Arnold ;-;

That ... doesn't sound too healthy desu

I water fasted for 3 days during one of those weeks. And one to two days a week for the other two.

I cut sugar out completely. I don't drink my morning energy drink anymore. I also don't eat carbs except from almonds or green veggies. I have been eating twice a day.

Seems way more healthier than all the candy and coke I was consuming.

Once I get down to my second target goal (150, first goal is 180.) I'll probably go back to a more normal diet and just exercise 5 days a week like I used to.

I honestly feel a lot better, but felt like shit for a span of 3 or 4 days.

I'm gonna make it. I'm gonna make myself make it.

Family meal out just now, ate a shit tonne but it was mostly meat, I haven't eaten anything else all day so hopefully it won't affect me too badly.

When should you transition from purrly dieting to diet + exercise? I held off for a while because of a number of reasons but now that Summer’s nearly here and I’m steadily approaching skinnyfat territory (6’1, 269lb -> 185lb) I think it’s about time to truly get Jow Forums

What’s a carb I can with most meals eat instead of rice or potato

what type of food do you usually eat

dumb question:
can you gain muscles while eating under tdee?

Just ate 2 super lean meat burgers (including mayo, mustard, cheese, and lettuce)
Since Lent started I have
>dropped from 240 to 232 (6'2" tall)
>drastically cut back alcohol (the main problem)
I think I can make it if I stick with it

Reminder: Low carb diets WITHOUT calorie counting are more effective than calorie counting.

healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets

Read this.

Losing weight is amazingly easy when you have the knowledge to do it correctly.

libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=177B2E5D676751DA03C38E1D92BE141C

Attached: 177b2e5d676751da03c38e1d92be141c-d.jpg (334x499, 26K)

Idk junk like pizza man. I fucking hate rice and potatoes. I don’t think I should be eating pasta or ramen as my carb source either

/insulin/i
/hormon/i
/Fung/i
/Obesity Code/i
/www\.healthline\.com\/nutrition\/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/i
/https:\/\/libgen\.is\/book\/index\.php\?md5=177B2E5D676751DA03C38E1D92BE141C/i

reminder to filter and ignore ketards

Yeah I did

It's accurate yet irrelevant.

Attached: Calorie-Types-1.jpg (1920x1080, 76K)

You might be malnourished. Cut out the water fasting, which will just burn muscle, and increase exercise. I know what your doing is "working" but there are safer ways to get the same results a little slower with less chance of health issues.

>i don't think i should be eating pasta or ramen
i'm not trying to be flippant, but maybe you should just not eat them. i only really eat carbs with stir fry because i prefer eating it with rice but stir fry is pretty good by itself. you'll just have to experiment with low carb/protein-rich meals

would probably be a good idea to cut out the pizza though

or explain why they're retarded instead of instigating a vendetta

the people here are vulnerable, that's why this obesity code twat is here, to prey on them
"eat what you like, just mind your insulin" is a much sweeter pill than reality, so people are gonna be swayed by convenient bullshit, and his snake oil stocks will go up

hopefully in 2 years when they're fatter than they are today they'll be ready to put in the work

You're doing great, dude. Don't worry too much about skipping exercise sometimes. It's great for health but not necessary for weight loss.

Don't listen to this guy, he either doesn't know what he is talking about or is deliberately trying to sabotage you:

Oh I don't plan on doing that again. I just did it so I knew what it felt like to be truly hungry.

I just fast for 24 hours once a week to get that feeling, so I can better control my "hunger"

He filtered me because he is wrong and I am right.

Attached: NewHOT2.png (676x151, 11K)

Dude if I’m gonna not eat carbs I may as fucking well do a fucking PSMF for fucking fucks sake. I’m not trying to bitch but I’m asking about carbs because this shitty fucking PSMF has me bitchy as fuck and too fucking tired to get out of fucking bed

Thanks! I've been reading a lot on the fast thread.

Fasting is good for you. Lots of articles will tell you this.

I just want to get back down to 125 by fall. I'm 5'5, so that's about the ideal.

Do extended fasts as much as you want. They are incredibly healthy. He is lying.

Studies of alternate daily fasting, for example, show that the concern over muscle loss is largely misplaced.17 Alternate daily fasting over seventy days decreased body weight by 6 percent, but fat mass decreased by 11.4 percent. Lean mass (including muscle and bone) did not change at all. Significant improvements were seen in LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Growth hormone increased to maintain muscle mass. Studies of eating a single meal per day18 found significantly more fat loss, compared to eating three meals per day, despite the same caloric intake. Significantly, no evidence of muscle loss was found.

>17. Bhutani S et al. Improvements in coronary heart disease risk indicators by alternate-day fasting involve adipose tissue modulations. Obesity. 2010 Nov; 18(11):2152–9.
>18. Stote KS et al. A controlled trial of reduced meal frequency without caloric restriction in healthy, normal-weight, middle-aged adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Apr; 85(4):981–8.

I looked up PSMF and it seems incredibly stupid.

Fat is the healthiest macro and the best foods for weight loss are high fat.

Thanks for the backup on this.

I found fasting really difficult at first, but I can go longer now. People say I'm going into starvation mode....which is BS.

The issue is the people around me are always going "you should eat. This isn't healthy." I try to explain it, but let's be honest, people make up their minds VERY quickly.

I'm now thinking for aiming for a seven day fast, so I can quickly drop to 180 by mid or early April.

nothing you've claimed disqualifies cico
not even you're dumb enough to believe that

>be me
>be 2013
>suddenly have an urge to get Jow Forums
>normalfag "just do it bro"-style, just... did it
>excercise a lot
>eat less
>food becomes magically much more tasty
>that unique feeling of losing weight when you think you're gaining it because you ate some potato chips again
>that unique feeling of seeing a girl you know giggle uncontrollably because there is an attractive man under all that fat
>those few days when your legs start becoming so thin they barely touch each other and it tickles
>sleeping on the side feels different
>weird ability to turn your arms towards your body without grabbing your belly
>aiming for piss consists only of looking down, not bending over
>shitting feels like you'll be devoured by the toilet seat
>not accidentally pulling your anal hairs when trying to clean your butthole

How the fuck is it 2019 already and why is my ass so big again? I want to go back. Even looking at the catalog brings back memories. That fucking dinosaur in sticky. I love you fags.

Attached: d6d.jpg (744x498, 44K)

Or alternatively you could just do a real fast. Eating protein on a "fast" is only harmful.

>dewd just waste your time refuting his bullshit even though he's never going to change his mind
no. i couldn't care less if people fall for his meme bullshit, i just find him annoying

>might as well do a psmf
except psmf is very low calorie which is bound to leave you cranky
what do you want exactly? if you're just looking for recipes then noodle focused asian recipes like chow mein might be your best bet. it's easy to overeat on the noodles though so you'd have to watch out for that

i'm not sure if you hate rice full stop or if you've just grown bored of it but if it's the latter then stir fries are good too. pretty much all reasonable asian food is good on a cut

I even forgot how to spell exercise. H-hold me Jow Forums my dear old board

Fuck off you brainless ketocoper

PSMF is the same as your precious keto diet but forces you to use a large amount of fat in short durations like 3-4 weeks rather than stuff your face with 3000+ calories of mainly fat and delude yourself into believing the simple water/glycogen depletion is actual fat loss. The short duration is to prevent any negatives from the low fat such as hormonal damage additionally depending on your bodyweight your supposed to have scheduled and structured refeeds to further protect against these risks.

>>that unique feeling of losing weight when you think you're gaining it because you ate some potato chips again
that's precisely what turned me into this bag of bones
then back to a fatass in less than 12 months

I still don't have a plan for when it happens again

Attached: Untitled.jpg (404x598, 43K)

The only cool rice I like can can keep down is from the paella my mother used to make for me when I was younger.

paella is fucking top tier. US creole foods are similar to some spanish dishes so maybe try those

I am already at my healthy weight and have maintained it for a couple years.

Fasting is so healthy I've been working longer fasts into my routine. I'd like to fast for 36 hours once a week and do a 5 to 7 day fast once a year. I already do intermittent fasting and have for a long time.

Many people are unable to think and won't change their minds regardless of evidence. They aren't worth your time. Don't cast pearls (of wisdom) before swine.

Do you think I could portion paella to be macro friendly? I could eat the fuck out of it and it would be easy mode cutting for me so long as I practiced control. One bowl of that shit fills me the fuck up

Keto doesn't require calorie restriction. You're just destroying your metabolism and preventing yourself from entering a fasted state which is when you get benefits like growth hormone.

Keto is great. Fasting is great. PSMF doesn't look so great.

Type 1 diabetics debunk CICO. Calories don't cause weight gain.

Attached: esa05008f2.png (1298x1102, 971K)

>Keto doesn't require calorie restriction.
but losing weight does, dipshit
read the thread title

are you literally an epileptic child

>PSMF doesn’t look so great
>doesn’t LOOK great
Yeah dude it doesn’t look as easy as fasting or keto which stop feeling hungry and shitty afte rthe first few days or week. PSMF is hard and brutal but the results are great. Look more into it and compare the results of PSMF to that of fasting. PSMF is for lifters who for whatever reason want or need to cut quickly

You will lose weight on a ketogenic diet by eating to satiety.

if there's some context for that picture then don't be shy
or I'll just post a fat guy and claim you're wrong if we're doing away with any kind of logic

pretend I'm not already a brainwashed zealot
sell me your theory

Fuck man that's rough. Have you sought help?

maybe not the paella per se but you could likely work it into your daily macros depending on what you want them to be. just save your carbs until dinner and get your protein and fats for breakfast and lunch

i wouldn't eat paella every day but you can definitely work rice and other carb heavy foods into your diet

Why wouldn't lifters just do a real fast?

It's a type 1 diabetic.

People with type 1 diabetes cannot gain weight no matter how much they eat.

>satiety
A.K.A. total daily energy expenditure

your cheap semantic juggling doesn't work here

It must be lower than TDEE because it results in weight loss.

i need only find a single overweight person with type 1 diabetes to prove that wrong

you can do that, but I get the feeling you're not going to bother

>muh hgh spike protecting muh muscles
Because a real fast, despite what you’d like to believe, results in strength lost very quickly. I think it’s great for anyone over 30% bf to fast, but less than that it is stupid.

You know what I’ve noticed with before and after pics of water fasters? They always look like a smaller version of themselves in the after; they still have love handles, tit fat, etc. they go from being fat to skinnyfat, no definition anywhere.

Are you serious? People with type 1 diabetes die...

... unless they get a certain injection.

When you figure out what they must inject to gain weight you will figure out what makes people gain weight. HINT: It's not calories.

Attached: type1.jpg (960x720, 72K)

GROWTH HORMONE IS known to increase the availability and utility of fats for fuel. It also helps to preserve muscle mass and bone density.9 Growth hormone secretion is difficult to measure accurately because of its intermittent release, but it decreases steadily with age. One of the most potent stimuli to growth hormone secretion is fasting.10 Over a five-day fasting period, growth hormone secretion more than doubled. The net physiologic effect is to maintain muscle and bone tissue mass during the fasting period.

>9. Rudman D et al. Effects of human growth hormone in men over 60 years old. N Engl J Med. 1990 Jul 5; 323(1):1–6.
>10. Ho KY et al. Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man. J Clin Invest. 1988 Apr; 81(4):968–75.

let's expand the sample size
say people who don't have type 1 diabetes, if they inject pigs insulin does this A. cause them to turn into the girl in willy wonkas chocolate factory before your very eyes or B. cause them to eat more

You know what dude I plan to start using gear when I’m lean so literally do not care if I lose muscle I’m gonna play with water fasting.

reminder if you don't report him he's just going to keep coming back, he'll piss the mods off enough to have someone babysit the threads and ban him on every IP he cycles through.

diabetes is a metabolic breakdown which makes the internal combustion engine of humans jammed on full throttle, ERGO increases their caloric deficit
just because you can't see this happening doesn't mean it's not happening

like if a car is ticking over at 4500rpm in neutral
it's not moving anywhere, but it's using a lot of fuel

this is as retarded as saying DNP debunks cico

who are you talking bout?

Once we acknowledge that calories out isn't static we can focus on influencing that variable rather than giving undue focus to calories in.

According to CICO cultists you just "eat less, move more" but that strategy is a proven failure.

Attached: insulin-resistance.jpg (680x450, 23K)

Some days I'm still reasoning with myself to just wait a bit longer before dinner, only take one serving, etc.
How does this come naturally to others but has to be such a conscious effort for me? Feels bad.

Attached: sad birthday.jpg (500x333, 38K)

He has a mental illness from calorie restriction. His brain isn't working.

the fast shill.

report him for trolling outside of /b/, as soon his posts get wiped it'll be fine to report him for ban evading therein after.

It's because of your hormones. You have insulin and leptin resistance.

You need to cure your hormonal imbalance. This can be done with a ketogenic diet, fasting, or a combination of both.

Fuck off retard I already do keto and IF. It's not a cure-all. My problem is that I don't know what hunger actually feels like anymore.

Then you're not eating enough during your mealtimes. Eat until satiety, just make sure you only eat healthy calories.

>"I don't recognize hunger anymore"
>"eat until satiety"

Attached: are you retarded yes.jpg (642x645, 45K)

Okay so I’m not the only one who thought this
>muh fasting
>muh insulin
>muh hgh
Shill was just an idiot and possible troll, cool.

You said:
>Some days I'm still reasoning with myself to ... only take one serving, etc.

Your brain will make the thought of food unappealing if you eat enough healthy fats. It doesn't require "reasoning with [yourself]".

I'm pretty sure the shills are the ones who try to discourage people from losing weight by giving false info, like this guy for example: What he said simply isn't true. So why did he say it?

>while what you’re doing is causing weight loss there are safer ways of achieving it, although slightly slower
>”pffft fucking shill”
>t.

Attached: FD8FDB30-1786-4D8C-B89B-99EB339F7D34.jpg (326x294, 18K)

Also negged&reported.

Why does every /fat/ thread end up in a discussion about fkn keto diets and insulin/cico bullshit.

These posts are why im here, great job user!

I don’t come to these threads often but I think it has to do with the fat people who are still stuck in fatass mentality. They here they can eat shit like bacon and cheese, so they do keto, get a ton of water depletion, and think it’s the greatest diet ever. Then they use that water depletion as an excuse to binge. “Oh I lost 10lbs in this week I can eat all these pizzaS now

>Cut out the water fasting, which will just burn muscle
This is false. Fasting preserves muscle mass.

>there are safer ways to get the same results a little slower with less chance of health issues.
Also false. Fasting is perfectly healthy and increases lifespan.

So he made two false statements intended to scare this person into abandoning his highly effective weight loss strategy. Why?

A false veneer of concern doesn't change the fact that he was lying.

Attached: 1550019101974.jpg (950x960, 131K)

I think it's because of shill posts like this guy: If he didn't tell lies to scare people into abandoning their healthy and effective weight loss strategy there wouldn't be any need to debunk such lies.

What happened to these threads? They used to be good. People helping others. Pushing through hard times. Admitting when they cheated and how to help themselves not make the same mistakes.

Now its so...weird. Much more hostility and absolute nonsense. I may just take a break from these threads for a while. Maybe it will fix itself. I hope it does.

>Now its so...weird. Much more hostility and absolute nonsense.
The /fast/ and ketotards came over.

They are plagued with shills like This type of dishonest sabotage of people's self-improvement warrants constant refutation.

>What happened to these threads?
ketard decided to shill a meme book and won't leave despite everyone making it abundantly clear that he's an annoying cunt

I would absolutely fist rape this fast trolls face into ground meat. I would fuck you up, your only hope would be blowing the cheetoh dust off your fat fuck dyel fingers into my eyes but you’d probably be too out of breath to even do that

it's literally just this fucking attention whore
the sad part is i'm not even against fasting or keto, i'd defend them, but being such a fucking attention whore and taking a "everyone but me is wrong" stance is so fucking annoying.
obviously a manly tears type of troll, all that needs to be done is report him.

again if the mods come around and read these posts and reports it's not about him being right or wrong it's about him suffocating all discussion and forcing it to be about fasting and insulin resistance.

>50227244
Give it a rest you’ve reposted that post claiming it’s someone trying to trick people like 5 times now. You either are dumb enough to think people think it’s different posters making that claim against him or you’re a sad, lonely, pathetic little beta cuck who is simply trying to pull others down with him out of pre boredom. Jump in a lake.