Jow Forums memes not to fall for

>meditation
It’s a time waster and you get the exact same benefits from a good nights rest
>strength training and SS
If your goal isn’t strength, then don’t do strength training, simple as that
>read everyday
Stop shilling out money for pointless drivel, if you want to learn more about a factual subject it can all be found online. Very few instances where you’ll need to read a book
>inb4 read for pleasure
As pointless as watching tv you psduoe intellectual
>bulking cutting
Just eat right you fuckung imbeciles, if you want to look good you don’t have to do bodybuilding
>supplements and ore workouts
All crutches, many men have looked better and been fitter without the aid of such crutches
>steriods
Unless you’re competing in athletic competitions, bodybuilding, or weightlifting they’re strictly for vanity purposes and a drain on your income for your insecurity’s and lack of work ethic
>vegan or carnivore diets
Kill your self if you do either, eventually your diet will do it for you
>wake up at (insert stupid hour of the morning)
Your body needs rest that’s why we as humans are diurnal, wake up when the sun rises and go to sleep when it sets
>don’t do (thing) it lowers test, do (thing) instead it raises test!
If you’re fit, have an active sex life and aren’t a sad faggot ignore all these fucking boogeymen when it comes to test

Some extras
Lifting isn’t a hobby
•Getting fit won’t change who you are on the inside, change comes from within
•improve all aspects of your life, hygiene, wardrobe,social skills. Don’t think fitness is a cure all
•take everyone’s advices with a grain of salt as anecdotal evidence isn’t always applicable

Attached: 48555A08-2221-4BED-AF95-19FB05973A13.jpg (577x927, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response
youtu.be/SjaPlwR-kmY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stopped reading at the part where you said books are shitty information sources

Same.

>>read everyday
>Stop shilling out money for pointless drivel, if you want to learn more about a factual subject it can all be found online. Very few instances where you’ll need to read a book
>>inb4 read for pleasure
>As pointless as watching tv you psduoe intellectual

please user

You prove I should be reading a book i

Bait

sauce?

Reading books a meme. Kill yourself OP. Fucking retard.

Pamphlets are better sources of information. Quick and to the point, books to nothing more than fluff up what needs to be said. If you want to know the how and why, read a study. Books are a meme

Not bait
My personal experience, to which you should direct yourself to my last statement
Reading doesn’t make you smarter, IQ is set in stone by genetics
Reading will increase your knowledge on a subject, (which is pointless unless your profession requires you to have more knowledge on a subject)

>b-but I read cause I’m naturally curious!

Yeah like I said reading for pleasure is as pointless as watching tv
Take up a hobby or learn a skill

Now wouldn’t it be smarter in an argument to simply look up a study and read the abstract yeah? Rather than going through 300-500 page books full of fluff? Fucking pseudo intellecuals

>If your goal isn’t strength, then don’t do strength training, simple as that
>read everyday
>Stop shilling out money for pointless drivel, if you want to learn more about a factual subject it can all be found online. Very few instances where you’ll need to read a book
>inb4 read for pleasure
>If you’re fit, have an active sex life and aren’t a sad faggot ignore all these fucking boogeymen when it comes to test
>Lifting isn’t a hobby
?

i like ur opinion

good read

10 minutes of meditation a day is incredibly beneficial to analyzing situations in life with a clear head

Attached: OP.jpg (230x219, 6K)

How old are you?

Idk maybe just be an adult about things and don’t bitch when things don’t go your way? You don’t need meditation to do that

Don’t like my thread? Good it means I hurt your feefees by calling out one of the memes you bought into

Attached: 82822782-F08C-4427-9162-3A1E1DB98C51.png (957x751, 28K)

Old enough

Attached: BB5E29CF-FC1D-4031-8DEA-B34C33E04454.png (960x960, 1.46M)

>psduoe

If you read more, you'd probably know how to spell that word

i agree with you on the books mate
but i meditate a lot so i guess i disagree with you on that.

don't fall for cardio kill gains meme
if you don't overdo it it can help you to lower you bf without starving yourself

Attached: F01D0745-7E8F-444E-BCC7-642360B904AD.jpg (735x541, 35K)

You need it to help slow things down and understand the depth of your own, and others reasoning. Anyone who says meditation is useless is usually the same person who tried it twice and got frustrated that they couldn't achieve "enlightenment"

you are an awful person

Lol at your life rn

Memes not to fall for? Op's first post.

>don't fall for cardio kill gains meme
if you don't overdo it it can help you to lower you bf without starving yourself

Thanks for mentioning that I forgot about that one. To expand upon it your body is literally designed to use fat as fuel first before any other part of your body. To act as if doing cardio will kill your muscle mass is asinine, you lose arm size because you’re losing fat all over your body not just on your stomach. If your arm were to go from 17 inches to 16 inches then that means you had a full inch of fat. Your body doesn’t start eating muscle until you get to ungodly levels of body fat percentages like 1% once you hit 0% bf is when your body starts using muscle as a means of fuel

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response

Attached: 1EF621A7-E041-4839-90AA-CC46AACC4B2E.jpg (1080x1080, 117K)

>OP says to stop reading
>Dont read rest of post

Great advice OP really improved my evening

fuck yourself MOSSAD go back to pol faggot

No, I like your thread; I find it humerus. You're an idiot thought and your opinions are retarded.

Have another (you) to keep you going

Asinine, unintellectual, and the overall embarrassing posts like this are the product of an underdeveloped mind.

Accept that you know nothing and start reading more.

Attached: 9FE63157-2B62-4EB2-971B-022490B942B7.jpg (1280x1483, 406K)

Enlightenment is a meme. Literally every example and how to on mediation is “focus on ones breathing, and do not let your mind wander”

It’s a pointless exercise, as the Buddhist monks who practice it everyday still have to live in seclusion or else they get pissed off like everyone else. Hell show me 1 country that practices mediation that isn’t a shit hole. China? Shit hole, India? Shit hole

Pic related
>the memes are still real to me damnit!

youtu.be/SjaPlwR-kmY

Attached: E0F18631-10E7-4567-9912-8C8BAA8B8C98.jpg (633x758, 297K)

I promise you OP dropped out of community college to learn a trade lmao

Man maybe I should’ve put
>stop being a faggot
Since stop reading was so easy for you

I don’t browse pol negro brain

>I find it humorous
Isn’t that a coping mechanism?

And yet if aliens were to come to earth they’d view and you as equals, funny how that works yeah?

Attached: 3990E559-B1B1-431D-A7C6-9EBA9E7B20CC.gif (400x300, 798K)

Attached: trapmaker's art.png (553x585, 121K)

I bet your an atheist and you suffer from depression. Prove to me that nothing matters and leave the thread, but tell me you love me in your next post first

>Very few instances where you’ll need to read a book

And this is why you believe what you do, as wrong as it all is.

You opinions really show a lack of maturity and worryingly low levels of self reflection

practically every country that has or had a religion does meditation,although not as much as before,they still do

>can't even spell correctly
Yep, it's a tradesman. I'm Christian and conservative. Lol, later bud. Have fun being a retard.

ok since you're actually trying to defend yourself I guess I'll elaborate.
why would you not do a strength routine as a beginner?
you're going to be bigger and stronger benching 215 10x than 115 10x
there's a lot more books that have been written which are not fairy tales.
printed books serve a purpose if you want to reduce screen time or read in places where you don't have internet access. ties into your point about sleep since screens provide unnatural light which alter your internal clock/rhythm.
some foods and habits will boost or lower your test, regardless of how "fit" you are.
how is lifting not a hobby?
>Hobby: A hobby is a regular activity that is done for enjoyment, typically during one's leisure time.

>complains about escapism
>posts this thread and continues to argue with people
I think OP is too low IQ to see the irony here

>praying≠meditation

Meditation is the lack of thought while prayer requires inflectional well as an engagement with what’s being said

Prove to me why reading everyday helps anything then

And your post does somehow? Lmao
pseudo intellectuals on this anonymous Taiwanese knitting forum

Cancer: The Thread

>books are shitty information sources

Nah. OP is right on that one. So much info is being offered online and so many book stores are closing near me. I don't even have the option for physical books anymore

Reading daily, even fiction, has been shown to increase the amount of gray matter in the brain, increase focus, and with non-fiction material, increases the amount of knowledge that the person can pull from. If you don't see the benefit of that, there's not point having this argument/conversation. It's like someone saying that they don't need to drink water on a daily basis because there's no immediate benefit to them.

>what is the Reformation
>what's Shintoism in Japan
these are learned in school,boy,are you underage?
reading and understanding(not learning)can make a change to you from within,which,depending on the impact,can make you want to change from the outside.

Everytime I lurk through this page I keep lookomg at her butt. Its probably real but might be a shoop da whoop

Attached: 20180516_012946.jpg (1440x1315, 332K)

Reading a lot helps my IQ and general smarts, I feel, but it absolutely destroyed my vision. I'm blind as a bat now.

>why would you not do a strength routine as a beginner?

Because if your goal isn’t strength as a begginer then you should train for what your goal is. Lmao the fact that you don’t understand that basic concept proves that reading doesn’t make you smarter

>printed books serve a purpose if you want to reduce screen time or read in places where you don't have internet access. ties into your point about sleep since screens provide unnatural light which alter your internal clock/rhythm.

M8 you’re just reading for pleasure, it’s pointless, want to know more about a subject? Look it up. Gain the same amount of knowledge is a fraction of the time and without spending a dime

>some foods and habits will boost or lower your test, regardless of how "fit" you are.
They boost and lower test a marginal amount, theyre arent and “super foods” or “foods to stay away from” if it’s on the food pyramid eat it, it it ain’t then don’t simple as that
And you ignored my “if your a fit guy, with an active sex life and aren’t a sad faggot then none of the food boogeymen apply to you”

>>Hobby: A hobby is a regular activity that is done for enjoyment, typically during one's leisure time.

Because as a human being everyone should be fit and healthy, it’s literally unnatural to not be healthy that’s what fatness is unattractive. If you want to equate what you should naturally be doing as a hobby then you must be as interesting as a fucking cinder block

The bridge is out brother I’m just warning you

>Christian and a conservative lol
>that’s why I hide my belief system in a liberal college I pay to go to so that they can indoctrinate people to think the exact opposite of me haha aren’t i so smart

You’re literally Simon

How about not just dismissing what I said immidietly
Here, read this:
>meditation is a time waster
A good night's sleep is certainly important, but taking time away from constant stimulus and disciplining the mind can't be understated
>reading is pointless drivel
You really lose it here. If you're reading for information, you've already lost. Information is actually one of the least important things literature has to offer, and you could instead be experiencing the sublime and appreciating an incredible art form
>SS, bulking cutting, diet, etc
Different things work for different people. Sometimes waking up and watching the sunrise is the edge someone needs to succeed. You're bashing these things for being spread as truth and ironically implying they're strictly wrong.

I don't understand the fucking point of meditation, every person I have ever heard claim benefits from it say that it helps them to think about their live etc. yet every fucking time I have read anything about meditation it says to think about nothing else except the mantra and to ignore all wandering thoughts, so which fucking one is it? I can't waste an hour a day sitting in goddamn silence thinking about nothing when I could be using that time actually working on problems. I also don't have trouble relaxing etc so I see zero benefits from this stupid metaphysics shit.

Looks like you want the tumor since you’re here

Post a link to that grand ole study then buddy

>reading
Is taught
>understanding
Is based on IQ

>can make a change to you from within,which,depending on the impact,can make you want to change from the outside.

What you’re describing is reflection, mediation as is described by everyone who meditates is not thinking. Not thinking cannot initiate any form of change as it lacks the basic thing to imitate change (thought). It’s simple causality nothing cannot create something and something cannot come from nothing.

Like I said mediation is a meme

I Hope it’s real too

Hey dude you've got school tomorrow morning

>Reading doesn’t make you smarter, IQ is set in stone by genetics
Reading will increase your knowledge on a subject, (which is pointless unless your profession requires you to have more knowledge on a subject)
>Take up a hobby or learn a skill
you're not really this retarded are you? are you in high school?

When I actually tried to meditate I realized how chaotic my mind was and how little control I had over my thoughts
Simply clearing it out gives a peace of mind that's hard to describe, and permeates throughout the rest of your thinking

You're right about the reading though user. You can't get smarter, just more knowledgeable. Not the same thing, but I'd say I'm more knowledgeable than most people and I only ever read for uni or for political shit. Anything else is pointless.

Based

Nothing I said is incorrect

Lmao why not just take a fucking nap lmfao

Knowledge isn't intelligence. Anyone can memorize bullshit written down by a literal who. Every argument against intelligence being genetic is always "No it's not!".
If you're into language and stuff like that I'd say learn a new language or something, much more useful.

I agree with most of what you said except for the dumb stuff about books. Being cultured is important and there is a ton to learn from books. just because you don't read doesn't mean that books are useless OP. even fiction as long as it isn't pure pulp at least gives you insight into the world.

Attached: isaac asimov.jpg (461x513, 57K)

Wanna address before making more snarky comments?

almost every hobby or skill I have I learned from books user.

That's fucking gay.
You didn't need meditation for that shit.

Like what?
Guarentee you you'll find it online with proper research.

I can only speak from personal experience, but I feel less spiteful, less anxious, and not just more happiness, but fulfillment and contentness when I take care of my psyche. I'm able to actually let things go that otherwise i'd get caught up on and upset over
If you can do that without meditation that you're in good shape, but i sort of doubt that given you're calling internet posts "fucking gay"

Normies who don't know much about this sort of stuff can use books to become better versions of themselves.
This quote implies knowledge and intelligence are the same thing, but they aren't.

GOMAD is a meme do not do it ducking fools, OP thank you for a based thread

Love you big fellas and good luck

Attached: 5C49367D-6BA3-47C7-9ACF-05C4F8279278.png (1242x2208, 3.78M)

Meditation is good, especially for anxious people. Understand that meditation doesn’t always mean sitting down crossed legged in total silence. You can literally meditate sitting on the train/bus for a minute.

I prefer hard copy books versus stuff online. Yes you can find pretty much everything but some of us feel that it loses some ‘soul’ just looking at it on the screen. Book covers can be pretty aesthetic too. Reading sharpens the mind like a sword sharpens a whetstone. It’s useful if you want to forge a better sword

>Reading doesn’t make you smarter, IQ is set in stone by genetics

Retard, there are two kinds of IQ. Reading is the kind of habit that requires enough critical thinking that you'll be more mentally alert and capable. Reading is by no means the only way to achieve results, but doing it is a fantastic way to do it. I can guarantee from studying IQ, someone who reads will on average have a much higher average IQ than someone who doesn't.

Fucking*

Knowledge is something without intelligence
Intelligence is nothing without knowledge
Neither are anything without wisdom

Electronics,programming,woodworking,drawing rebuilding motors and cars,drawing, painting and many others.
the internet didn't always exist user. and in many cases online resources aren't nearly as good as books. not to say that is always the case. hell, most of the "online resources" I have used are simply pirated books in pdf form. sure youtube is great and I use it constantly, but often times you either can't find the right info or get something that is shit compared to a book written on the subject so to say they are completely useless is simply ignorant. no one is going to change your mind so I guess I really didn't even need to write any of this, but oh well.

Stupid people can be knowledgeable about anything. It doesn't make them smart by any means.
Wisdom just comes with age and experience.

>A good night's sleep is certainly important, but taking time away from constant stimulus and disciplining the mind can't be understated

Disciplining the mind? Are you 12? Take a walk if your butt hurt about something or actively work to fix the problems in your life that make you have to fuck your brain pussy into submission with le epic mediation shaloin monk style. It’s such a god damn time waster stop sitting on your ass doing 3rd world meme shit get on your fucking feet and be a man and do something about your life

>Information is actually one of the least important things literature has to offer
Yikes. It’s the other way around since art is subjective and shit like manuals and how to booklets are objective

>Different things work for different people. Sometimes waking up and watching the sunrise is the edge someone needs to succeed. You're bashing these things for being spread as truth and ironically implying they're strictly wrong.

You just managed to reiterate what I just fucking said. SS is fucking stupid if your goal isn’t strength, bulking and cutting is fucking stupid if you aren’t bodybuikding, diet should be everything on the food pyramid god bless

No you learned it from hands on experience. You can’t learn a skill without having done the skill

Pic related is you niggas arguing with me

Attached: 6AC0E203-897B-4D3D-82A1-5C775691AA50.jpg (1300x866, 151K)

>diet should be everything on the food pyramid god bless
Holy shit this retard actually fell for the food pyramid

You are so close minded, it’s painful. I feel sorry for you. I hope you find the tine to heal from whatever is hurting you

>Electronics
Too vague
>Programming
YouTube and podcasts
>Woodworking
>Motors and Cars
Again, literally found everywhere
>Drawing and Painting
C'mon
Not saying books are completely useless, but theres a reason people have been using computers and the internet the way they have recently.

>No you learned it from hands on experience. You can’t learn a skill without having done the skill
no shit, but how do you think someone even knows where to start? what do you do for a hobby ? and how did you learn it besides magically picking it up and knowing every aspect of the hobby?

Thank you for letting me know you've never actually studied meditation, since even an elementary understanding of it contradicts everything in your post

"Stupid people" is a worthless term, as is "smart". Fedora memes aside, i'm intelligent, objectively speaking, and some of the people I admire most are only adept socially
Wisdom doesn't "just" come with age, it comes slowly with constant effort
The wisest may be the oldest, but the oldest aren't the worst

I guess you don't read because you can't comprehend things very well.

>if you want to learn more about a factual subject it can all be found online
OP has clearly never researched anything beyond high school level material. There is a LOT of information not yet online, only available in books and journals.

Reddit tier
I was right then, your mind was fucked. There's nothing with that but meditation is a waste of time for most people. Other solutions exist.

You're saying that as if I don't use the internet. did you read anything else in my post? its much easier to read a comprehensive book about how electronics work than listening to a youtube video of a pajeet with a heavy accent explain concepts completely wrong.

This retard actually doesn’t listen to nutritional advice from the biggest super power when it was at its peak lmao

Attached: C4743932-21AE-4460-B315-66D964051806.jpg (1280x1609, 308K)

> I'm way smarter than all those psudoe book learners

OP is a confirmed retard. why is it always the dumbest fucks who scream the loudest about being a genius while also proclaiming that knowledge is useless.

>Getting fit won’t change who you are on the inside, change comes from within
This is bullshit. Everything stems from your health. The more robust and better health you have, the better of a person you are (unironically).

Based but his major problem stems from his faggotry, OP is a massive faggot, and a tryhard boomer tier one at that. We can deduce this from his surface-level understanding of human nature and civilization, also his impulsive advice-giving despite being blatantly full of shit. The fact that he can develop a rationale around not reading books *ever* is beside the point, for some brainlets on this board he could possibly be correct but just think about saying "don't read books" in a non-Nietzsche kind of context... Have you ever heard something more boomer in your life?

Blow it out your ass, if you had a girlfriend I’d fuck her and you’d forgive me hehe

Carpentry, I can up with simple ideas in my head, measured them out and built them. It’s the same reason people can learn instruments without learning sheet music. Just listen to what sounds good and figure it out from there

Look up what meditation is and get back to me

Awe bloo bloo what did I say wrong baby?

>if you want to learn more about a factual subject it can all be found online
imagine believing this absolute garbage opinion. Are you 15 years old?

Attached: 17425962_10210306988324604_9075548113076268466_n.jpg (480x451, 20K)

If you're smart "objectively", why would being stupid be a worthless term? Intelligence is objective, so calling out people on the left side of a bell curve isn't worthless.
Wisdom is experience, mostly. Older people are wiser because it's more likely they're atleast knowledgeable on one thing than most people. All that is because they've experienced things some have not.

>meditation
>It’s a time waster and you get the exact same benefits from a good nights rest
Can’t say anything on this topic because I don’t meditate or know anything on the subject

>If your goal isn’t strength, then don’t do strength training, simple as that
As a beginner your only goal for the first year should be to become as strong as possible and to soak up as much knowledge as possible.

>read everydy
>Stop shilling out money for pointless drivel...
That is literally reading. Why in the fuck do you not think that would count as reading everyday?

>Very few instances where you’ll need to read a book
Not true at all

>inb4 read for pleasure
>the man whose civilization and species success is based around the ability to communicate and share stories dismisses thousands of of years to seem smart

>bulking cutting
>Just eat right you fucku...
post body lmao

>supplements and ore workouts
>All crutches, many men have...
Yea and some literal retards can do the highest levels math we have to offer.

>steriods
>Unless you’re competing in...
Steroids are actually incredibly cheap for the results they give and there is nothing wrong with being the best version of yourself

>vegan or carnivore diets
>Kill your self if you...
>you’ll die at some point lmao

>wake up at (insert stupid hour of the morning)
>Your body needs rest that’s why...
Just get 8 hours retard

>If you’re fit, have an active sex...
>men’s testosterone is at all time low in recorded history
>”lmao don’t worry about it you can still have sex”

>Lifting isn’t a hobby
It fits the definition. Your personal feelings doesn’t change the fact that it is one

•Getting fit won’t change...
It definitely will help. You personally is based on your environmental and you just changed that environment

Attached: 298F3F1D-3B16-4C31-B5F6-4D7C8F66EFDE.jpg (800x450, 44K)

>Electronics
>Too vague
see
>Programming
see
but replace electronics with programming
>Woodworking
there are also great books about it
>Motors and Cars
>Again, literally found everywhere

>watching a video of some tard working on the car I own instead of just reading a repair manual to actually learn how the motor and or car work.

>Drawing and Painting
>C'mon

>not reading all the greats works in order to get the fundamentals of art down

you act like because some reads a book that they only do that and that alone rather than a mix of both books and online resources.

>tfw so many STEM shit is behind shitty books that are $300 or behind paywalled papers/chinese shit nobody knows how to get
REEE. Also books are cool, going for my 4th language thanks to books (and practicing with others of course). Reading for pleasure ain't bad either, you just got to read with a critical mind and think about what you read.

>geniuses
Only normies herald people as geniuses for coming up with another bullshit theory that stems from 20 other theories

And having the confidence to tell others you’re right is something you self loathing “I’m smarter than this guy” faggots will never have
Go make another greentext of autistic moments in the gym, this thread is for the true apex chads who see through the bullshit

Attached: 4390AB2B-0DF5-40B5-9471-D6EAA7A87F8C.jpg (341x475, 34K)

>go fix your problems
You aren't thinking abstractly. Tackling the problem in front of you is something so simple an ant does. No amount of friends, money, style, or work will guarantee you'll be fulfilled. You have to understand that your headspace is where you'll be forever, so you better make it a comfortable place, a place where you don't impulsively hate
>yikes
Yikes. No number of OBJECTIVE FACTS will make life worth living. Just like how no number I'd OBJECTIVE FACTS can touch upon the human condition, inspire awe, provoke reflection. A subjective medium like art eases so much conflict in the subjective being of a human
>what I just fucking said
Let me rephrase: in attempting to reject a dogma, you've instead clung to it's opposite
Pic related is you, because I don't mock people I disagree with
Read this again:

I never said to never read books. There's more value to gaining knowledge online if that's what you're trying to do.

t. brainlet
People who only get their information online are the same people glued to their phone seeking instant gratification. Good literature makes you actually think for yourself and learn to interpret meanings in a healthy way rather than just reading statistics and clickbait shit

I've been practicing meditation for 2 years now. You genuinely have no idea what you're talking about

I fucking love this, youve back pedaddled so god damn far you’re arguing my points

My OP post said reading everyday is a meme. To which, it fucking js, and as I also said there are very few instances to where you’ll meed to read such as reading a car manual to repair your car LMFAO YOU RETARDS THINK YOURE SO SMART AND END UP COMING TO A CONCLUSION I ALREADY LAID OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pretty much this. I hope OP isn’t over 18, because if they are it’s quite unfortunate.

You’ve been practicing it wrong then, literally no teacher says mediation is what you’re claiming