Reminder that the Pendlay row is the true pleb filter in Jow Forumsness

Reminder that the Pendlay row is the true pleb filter in Jow Forumsness.

Attached: images (11).jpg (480x270, 11K)

you’re right

if you’re lifting any actual weight you’ll hurt your lower back way before you get an upper back workout so if you consistently do them you’re DYEL as fuck

What should my weight/rep range be with these?
I feel like my lower back is what keeps me from progressing with this.
It's so hard for me to stand in that position for a heavy set of 8-12, but if I lower the weight so I can stand comfortably, I feel like it won't really do anything.

Wrong Infinite Jest is the true pleb filter

jeff nippard says to do 8-12 reps.
it's more important to have good controlled movements than going super heavy.
for 8 reps i do 190lbs, but for 5 i go to like 205.

5s. Pendaly rows should be done heavy and explosively, the whole point of them is explosiveness off the floor. If you're more interested in building your lats, just do regular bent over rows.

This man is correct

I did 10 sets of bend over rows yesterday and today couldn't get up, my back hurts so fucking bad

>10 sets

Attached: 1531973089209.png (720x715, 472K)

💢

i prefer chest supported rows :)😃

What's the best type of row and why is it Meadows rows?

Attached: prooooohmer.png (650x650, 13K)

Upvoted xD

So DFW is still a meme on /lit/, huh?

because the mountain dog is a pimp

>pendlay rows
>bent over rows
>barbell rows
>meadows rows
Too many fucking rows, which one is the best?

Attached: 1532080732282.jpg (374x374, 41K)

Heavy as fuck pendlay rows followed by chin ups followed by shrugs (and facepulls)

It literally does not matter

FFFFFFFUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKK
that's my exact routine except I forgot my facepulls yesterday :(

Attached: 15476547909787.jpg (480x270, 20K)

Yates row

Choose 1.
Meadows rows have no carryover to anything meme tier
Bent over rows and barbell rows tax your lower back and core, and are kind of useless, most people cheat too much and do 1/8 reps with shit form

Pendlay are the best and done explosively

True redpill is all rows suck and deadlifts, chins, facepulls are goat back exercises

If your deadlifting do pendlay rows if you want rows

If you don’t deadlift do bent overall/barbell rows/bent over shrugs are best

Never do meadows rows unless your meme tier

Barely, /lit/ is more garbage than ever.

depends on your goals, if you just want to gain muscle seated cable rows and machine rows are the best for isolating the back without support from your core and other muscles. if you're training for strength or a specific sport then other rows might be better

T Bar row master race reporting in

I love the T-Bar row! But not every gym has it. Would you say it's a good substitute for pendlay rows, though?

Why aren't you a bon viveur like me Jow Forums?🥢

If your gym doesn’t have the machine then just take a barbell and shove one end into a corner
I don’t know if they’re a good replacement for pendlay rows but I like doing t bar rows way more
I might be wrong but as far as I can tell a row is a row, just do the variation that you like the most

I know the whole corner trick but I havent tried it yet. I'll give it a try soon.

Just do one arm dumbell rows. You'll get a much better pump and contraction without any lower back pain.

>tfw 285 and still progressing

Attached: 1553462323430.jpg (800x800, 596K)

This, time under tension is garbage with pendlays.

Do these train lower back? My low back is weak as fuck

my lower back gets a bit sore. you really have to activate your core. i'd say it does but not as effective as other excercises

Someone explain the difference between all the rows please.

I'm autistic.

This really isnt a low back exercise. Its more the other way around. You should train your lower back so you can do heavier pendalay rows.

Do back extensions and romanian deadlift

Pendalay row pulls each rep from floor explosively
Bent over row keeps the bar held in a more upright position
Meadows rows are single arm using a tbar setup
Seal rows are using a chest supported bench you lie atop and pull from below

And what are Yates rows

>time under tension
Post body

Attached: 1AA47BE2-6ECB-47EB-B495-80C3AA6BE2D7.jpg (900x948, 260K)

just fucking row heavy weights nigga
but yea stick to pendlay and bentover

underarm grip, u keep ur back at around 45 degrees and aim at ur lower abs instead of chest

Anyone who doesn't do these us a has a sub 4 plate deadlift. I've been lifting for 9 months and am at a 275 pendlay row and a 500lb deadlift.

>Meadows rows have no carryover to anything
In other words, the other types of rows are redundant for your workout.

This. Rippletits chapter on barbell rows is pretty eyeopening, unironically.

t. weak as shit core

>caring about the name of a row
just sling heavy weight from the ground to your chest in any manner, it does not matter. Just do your fucking rows and do them heavy.

Seated cable rows, because why risk fucking up your back more for targeting shit you're already hitting with deadlifts? Core targeting is also a joke if you want a stronger core do core workouts not fucking squats or deadlifts