In chicken rice broccoli meal prep, what's the point of broccoli?

In chicken rice broccoli meal prep, what's the point of broccoli?

Attached: lemon-chicken-meal-prep1.jpg (735x1102, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg
youtube.com/watch?v=KtgyJ--X61g
youtube.com/watch?v=isIw2AN_-XU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fiber and micronutrients.

Micronutrients, phytonutrients, sulforaphane.

youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg

It’s the veggie that has the same nutrition as all other veggies. It makes sense to eat it alone instead of 7 other veggies for the exact same nutrition.

Why not spinach?

Where do u get those yum yums?

Fuck it. I'm going to the store right now and buying enough of this shit to have meals for the rest of the week (first time ever doing this). I will post pics in a hour or few. Screenshot this.

Got a semi related question, I barely eat veggies (some green beans with rice, onions, spinach with eggs), I have perfect shits and no digestion issues though. Will this fuck me up somehow in the long term? I also take a multi every 2 days.

ok theyre healthy but are they good for gains?? wont they fill me up with space that could be used for protein/carbs?

Attached: UmetwVB.jpg (750x750, 49K)

What's the point of rice?

>this
Chicken/Veggie is all you need.

The body activates satellite cells to help repair damaged fibers. This process requires carbohydrates to spike insulin levels which in turn allows the amino acids to enter the muscles. Gaining muscle on keto/atkins/carnivore is not going to happen.

one of those as a meal isnt enough for a grown man

What does broccoli taste like?

>like broccoli

I forgot my fucking wallet at home

so i should fill my stomach up 1/3 with broccoli, which does nothing for my muscles, instead of taking a little pill to get even better micronutrients?

Attached: goat.jpg (497x403, 19K)

How do I get my broccoli to come out like that? Everytime I cook broccoli it comes out like shit.

>hmm what is hunger

Probably because you boil it like a retarded savage instead of steaming it.

MY GF

I do steam it.

but you dont need those things
youtube.com/watch?v=KtgyJ--X61g
youtube.com/watch?v=isIw2AN_-XU

Attached: 05F5F9C.png (750x1334, 890K)

bicarbonate in the water so it maintains a nice green color

steam it without the lid to the pot

>not steaming your breasts
Ok jest aside. How do you cook your chicken Jow Forums? I'm gonna start making fingers since I'm on a cut and while bulking I was eating only wings and legs. Bland breasts are the fucking worst

Attached: 1348730279201.gif (300x159, 1.55M)

>i didnt like veggies as a kid therefore theyre not necessary

Attached: science.jpg (680x626, 49K)

Any recommendations on how to prepare everything to prevent it from tasting bland?

What do you wanna cook?

Based retard

I'm not a huge fan of bbq chicken, decent marinades help. If I'm avoiding onions sauce on the rice maybe something to add seasoning wise would be good. For broccoli I usually just add olive oil and salt and pepper and that's good enough.

Is there any way to reduce the brocofarts this stuff gives me?

Is this true?

If youre not really concerned with calories try sweet sour chicken. Its delicous as fuck. Or maybe tendies.
Are you steaming them enough? My brother fucked his stomach irreversibly from everyday eating tatoes and brocolis. The first video this guy posted starts to make sense

cut the breast into chunks, fry a fuckton of garlic and thai chilies in rapeseed oil, add chicken chunks and when they're done add onions sauce, fish sauce and oyster sauce to taste and a cup of fresh basil leaves

now you've got thai basil chicken. enjoy with rice and veggies of choice

thank you

Attached: vit vs broc.png (1088x707, 62K)

Yeah because there is no filler or similar other shit inside those pills that isn't supposed to be in your body haha

source?

Done let's go boys

Attached: IMG_20190401_191526.jpg (3905x1856, 2.24M)

>madman actually delivered
one like for you

Antiestrogenic as well

Liked :^) pls like back I just got home from work and have 0 points :(

how do you even get 3000cal on this shit?
if i type it in cronometer the micros are horrible, missing a lot of stuff

^^!
It also wasn't nearly as much effort as I thought it would be.

Its very filling at low calories

SO YOU CAN SHIT

Fiber enhances your bowel movements and your braps. It's almost like you don't want to have pungent, voluminous farts.

Attached: 1431127175963.jpg (395x401, 55K)

>Fiber enhances your bowel movements
wrong
i bet you believe the lipid hypothesis too

Broccoli contains protein, as well. One cup has 26g of protein while being like 30 calories. So it has a good protein/calorie ratio.

>One cup has 26g of protein while being like 30 calories

Attached: 1511880773527.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

Bake it along with vegetables, all of it covered in herbs and spices, with some garlic and olive oil on top. Then when it's done baking scoop it all into prep containers with some brown rice.

2.6 not 26 you retard
theres over 100 cals in 26g of pure protein alone

Fuck, I made a typo.

Found the vegan

God dammit, I told you it was a typo.

I hate broccoli is there any better tasting alternative?

Make the Broccoli in chicken broth. Tastes fucking good.

>mealprepping the same boring bland shit for a week
Mealprepfags should kill themselves. Where are my crockpotchads at?
>can eat a variety of shit that I want
>all I have to do is get the meat that I want (fish, chicken or beef), chuck it into the crockpot with other ingredients, add seasoning and water and then go to school and train and come back home for a ready made meal

Attached: bbq pulled pork.jpg (952x1472, 195K)

It’s a shit diet that only retarded meat heads follow, what do you expect

>tfw buy meat
>cook it
>it’s dry as sand which makes it literally disgusting

Probably was a combination of buying cheap trash meat and cooking it for way too long.
Fuck that shit was awful

Nigga I've been thinking about making pulled pork for a week and I haven't had the time friiiggg

Brocoli is like eating a multivitamin and is one of the foods that has pretty much every nutrient your body needs.

Also, you can still boil it and use onions sauce or black sauce and make a tempura off it, which is good tier.

Are we just gonna pretend like there isn't also a lemon in there? Fruits are literally sugar. What the fuck is the point of that? To ruin my cut?

Yeah, no.
Is it good to eat broccoli? Sure as hell.
Is it sufficient to eat broccoli? Sure as hell not.

You realize rice is literal sugar as well? Holy shit this board

why don't you niggers google the nutritional profile of brocoli.

Attached: brocolli.png (797x622, 45K)

That "meal" looks tiny as hell. How is anyone supposed to feel satiated from that?

That and you didn't add enough water

>GDA’s
kek

I should add water to it? Damn. I only cook my meat with olive oil

Low-fat meat is fucking retarded.

You can't be serious?

100g of rice is like 30g carbs. 0.1g of that is from sugars. Rice is literally 0.1% sugar.

How can you go so far as to say

>Holy shit this board

yet be so comically misinformed?

Are you mentally retarded? What do you think your body makes of carbs? What do you think sugar causes? Insulin spikes? What do you think crap carbs like rice causes? Insulin spikes.
For your body, trash carbs like rice is just like eating sugar.

>rape seed
dude that's toxic and problematic

the fuck do you mean, .fatass

please, enlighten me on your proven, unbiased research on how carbs are so evil, i want to know how you come to the conclusion that consuming complex carbs is the same thing as hyper refined sugar

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1000x650, 41K)

Brine them in ziploc bags with various herbs and spices
Rosemary, garlic and passata is good, as is paprika and chilli

Then boil in bags to retain moisture

Is Kale better than brocoli.................

good taste in broccoli my fellow homo

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-01-12-02-54.png (1440x2880, 1.68M)

thanks user, didn't know that actually. I thaught you just needed it for calories.

MMm Yeah sulforaphane.... a molecule proven to increase epigenetic gene expression and allow you to overcome your weak dna.

Except it also makes you highly susceptible to dna mutations caused by external environmental factors. Like the pesticides in our foods... the pollution in our air... the electromagnetic radiation broadcasting from every cell tower, wifi station, and satellite dish.

but hey, sulpheraphane OMG its so awesome right? Or is it just the next step in our regularly scheduled programming?

desu, spinach and broccoli are relatively interchangeable. visit whfoods and cronometer to check out what you need in particular.

it's all about bio-availability and the fact is supplements are processed differently than vitamins contained in food.

Aye bois
Mealpreppin for awhile
Each container has
8oz 93/7 beef
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 cup Cannellini beans
Then 1 oz unsalted almonds on the side per container.
Do a week at a time

Attached: 20190401_185533.jpg (4032x3024, 3.12M)

so you faggots prepare 5 meals on sunday and then just freeze it? yikes

you cooked it for too long or with too much salt

your shit will be rancid in 3 days

Veges are the final Jewish trick throw them away

Been doing it for months, everything stays good.
Never gotten sick, the last day's worth of meals will be less flavorful, but that's it.

Tasty af boi

You're a retard. Maybe if he stores his food at 55F and smears some shit on it first.

I'm fully convinced fiber is a meme after trying out real probiotics. It goes out with your shit and the daily recommended value is sky high, it's like 30 grams when a banana is 3. My blood glucose is fine, though I eat fruit despite having very irregular intake of fiber. Poop gains on kefir were night and day. I went from constipated with a tearing asshole all the time to a daily shitter, one wipe wonder in less than a week.

Don't know about the other stuff, I just take a multi because there is no way 90% of people here are hitting all their micronutrients daily. We all know liver is the goat multivitamin anyway.

>I take a multi

Lmao. Multivitamins usually just give you small amounts of the stuff that most people get plenty of in a daily basis, even those that eat like shit. On top of that they are very often full of some of the least bio-available forms of vitamins.

Identify where your diet is lacking (probably magnesium, zinc, iodine like everybody else) and eat foods to change that. Most people could solve their nutrient deficiencies with a few cans of deans and oysters a week along with liver a few times a week.

If you do enough planning to eat chicken, rice, broccoli, oats, eggs, yogurt, spinach, fruits, etc., you're not going to be anywhere near deficient in magnesium or iodine, and you'll probably hit your RDA for zinc. Replace chicken with red meat like beef or lamb, and you'll hit your zinc cap for sure.

Just to cover my bases and keep things level, I do take Thorne Basic Nutrients III, except instead of the whole 6 pill serving, I just take 1 pill a day. It's otherwise expensive as fuck, but since most of the nutrients are in bioavailable forms and I'm only taking smaller amounts of it, it works out great to cover up any holes for a reasonable price.

Fruit has fiber too, soluble mostly but insoluble or soluble both help you shit. Shitting displaces bile acids and then they are synthesized from cholesterol, so you are effectively losing cholesterol.

Deep fried chicken and WHITE rice, this is bait right?

Broccoli is also anti estrogenic btw

I meal prep for seven days: chicken, beans, rice, broccoli, peppers, onions and tuna.
Everything remains edible for 7 days in the fridge.
Canned salmon was a bit tough (5 days ok), so i open the cans on demand and mix it with the relevant meals.

>wont they fill me up with space that could be used for protein/carbs?
It's not hard to eat 3000 calories a day incorporating plenty of veggies and your protein targets.