Balding is genet-

Then why do identical twins bald differently? Case in point, the two guys from he band Bros. If you're old as fuck like me, you'll remember the song "When will I be famous" by them. If you're not that old, you may remember one playing Prince Nuada in Hellboy 2.

Anyway, one is bald, the other's not. How the fuck. If you google it, it's not even that rare. So what is going on here? Have we been lied to?

Attached: identical twins bros band.jpg (600x337, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23629119
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A nice study on this:

>investigators studied 92 identical male twins (mean age, 51; range, 23–84), comparing completed questionnaires, four-view standardized photographs, and sputum samples analyzed for testosterone levels. >Degree of hair thinning was assessed from photographs by two independent, blinded observers using the Likert scale.
>Linear regression modeling identified independent predicators of hair loss measures.
>Independent factors that contributed to hair loss included genetics, older age, smoking, dandruff, having more children, higher caffeine ingestion, lower BMI, and history of skin disease.
>Increased testosterone levels were significantly associated with increased vertex hair loss and decreased temporal hair loss, but a difference between twins was not a predictor.
>In intertwin analysis, twins who reported longer duration of stress had significantly greater hair loss than their identical counterpart.
>Twins with relatively increased durations of exercise had more vertex hair loss (P=0.05).
>A twin who drank more than four alcoholic drinks per week had more vertex hair loss than his more abstinent twin brother (P=0.004), but vertex hair loss was also found more commonly in twins who didn't drink at all (P=0.03)
>Intertwin analysis found daily hat use associated with decreased temporal hair loss

Identical twins, Mr. American. X chromosomes are the same.

Though genetics are a big reason people go bald, outside factors such as stress, medical conditions, hormonal changes and how we care for our hair matter too.

That doesn't happen in monozygotic twins you fucking retard.
>Have we been lied to?
Yes. "Genetics", as in nDNA barely matters at all, mtDNA is what is actually significant and their functions and structure are highly plastic.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23629119

Yes, exercise is correlated with increased hair loss. No wonder Jow Forums is so obsessed with it.

Increased smoking duration (p < 0.001) and the presence of dandruff (p = 0.028) were significantly associated with increased frontal hair loss. [b]Increased exercise duration (p = 0.002), consumption of more than four alcoholic drinks per week (p = 0.042), and increased money spent on hair loss products (p = 0.050) were all associated with increased temporal hair loss.[/b] Daily hat use (p = 0.050), [b]higher body mass index (p = 0.012), and higher testosterone levels (p = 0.040) were associated with decreased temporal hair loss. [/b]Factors that were significantly associated with increased vertex hair loss included abstinence from alcohol consumption (p = 0.030), consumption of more than four alcoholic drinks per week (p = 0.004), increased smoking duration (p = 0.047), [b]increased exercise duration (p = 0.050)[/b], and increased stress duration (p = 0.010). Lower body mass index, more children, increased caffeine consumption, history of skin disease, and abstinence from alcohol were significantly associated with increased hair thinning scores (p < 0.05).
Am I taking crazy pills? Exercise bad, high BMI good? The fuck?

>mfw super high test levels due to being a /fraud/ and lifting 6 times a week and still have thicker hair than most girls I know

Dunno why but I ain't gonna complain.

Attached: 1548840430893.jpg (435x530, 22K)

Those guys ain’t identical.

Factors outside genetics then, smoking, drinking, poor nutrition, stress, drug use.

The guy on the left is quite clearly heavily balding

This, although not as badly as his brother.

>>A twin who drank more than four alcoholic drinks per week had more vertex hair loss than his more abstinent twin brother (P=0.004), but vertex hair loss was also found more commonly in twins who didn't drink at all (P=0.03)
so 1 glass of wine sometimes is good after all?

They’ve got a pretty similar hairline, if the guy on the right grew his hair out and combed the widows peak to cover his bald spots, they’d have virtually the same hair.

Probably due to the drop in testosterone levels from one drink.

Daily hat use (p = 0.050), higher body mass index (p = 0.012), and higher testosterone levels (p = 0.040) were associated with decreased temporal hair loss.

>Daily hat use
M' follicle

Attached: Zw468as.png (479x720, 487K)

Guy on the right admitted in an interview that he tried creatine for 2 weeks when he was in his early 20's.

Game over from there.

>exercise
>high test
>low bmi
>drinking
>dandruff
>caffeine

well no wonder i'm fucking bald lmao

many differences are due to epigenetics, which is basically the modification on top of the DNA

These studies are so God damn weak.

Tell me when you find a mechanism of action. I don't care for these correlational nonsense studies.

You don't need a mechanism of action. For example, one of the hands-down best antidiabetic drugs we have is metformin, and nobody even truly knows how the fuck that works.

So I have to be a fat fuck if I don't want to bald? fucking hell

So what do I do bros? Can't stop exercising.

>heavily balding
are you serious or just a stupid nigger?

Wait, so wearing a hat reduces your chances of losing hair, is that right? I thought wearing a hat for long periods of time will make you lose hair and become bald?

How old are you?

>tfw exercise 6 days a week 2 hours on average and dad is bald
oh fuck, it‘s gonna hit me like a truck

Attached: 697B1B2B-333D-47E5-9598-336AEB734454.png (480x454, 307K)

>coffee makes u bald

>]Factors that were significantly associated with increased vertex hair loss included abstinence from alcohol consumption
>MFW I STARTED THINNING SINCE STOPPING DRINKING

>having more children, higher caffeine ingestion, lower BMI
Goodbye coffee
Goodbye abs
Goodbye white race

>increased caffeine consumption and abstinence from alcohol were significantly associated with increased hair thinning scores
OH NO NO NO NO NO

>mfw listening to this baldlet to take post workout No-doz tablets for recovery

Attached: stanefferding_29093091_623480667985948_648469418073915392_n.jpg (1080x1080, 142K)

WTF I HATE MY LIFE. So in order to NOT go bald i need to:
>Stop lifting
>Stop takings *sips*
>Be a fat fuck
I'm just gonna kill myself

Oh also, I need to become an alcoholic

Guys will hanging my head of the side of my bed and massaging the fuck out of head help or not??

They're both bald, the one on the left has just had multiple hair transplants.

I agree with your post OP, my brother has thick norwood 1 and is older than me (recovering norwood 4)
but when it comes to your pic rel you can tell the guy on the left is fighting an absolute war to kep that hair, the texture, the shiny 5head, I guarantee you he's on the big 3 and maybe has done some transplants, normies won't be able to tell but any fellow baldfag will notice that right away. His hair would disappear in 1 year if he stopped whatever he's doing to keep it right now

this, the hairline isnt skillfully done either

this. you can tell the left brother got implants.

Was looking for this. For a group so obsessed with hair loss, they sure don't know how to spot it. Here's a hint, most normal people won't either

But don't have more than 4 drinks per week

not really, the guy on the right doesn't have almst any coverege at the front, all he can grow is a sprase island, you can only borrow some much hair for a comb over

But I stopped drinking because I didn't want to disappoint Hitler