Post beginner gains blues

Been lifting for about 4 months now, progress has slowed. I saw some earlier on but have really plateaued a lot quicker than I'd hoped with no real change in diet or fervour at the gym. Is very disheartening.

I'll never quit because I know it takes time and don't have a real problem with forcing myself to go, but anons who've been down this road please advise me.

>How long before regular people would call me 'big'.

it shouldnt matter but to save answering:
5ft 9
did flirt a little with lifting in the past but only really taken it 'seriously' for about 4 months
dont really have a plan for when i go (yikes) but i just focus on; back/bis, tits/tris, legs/abs, going for ā‰ˆ 45min sessions and doing exercises until I physically cant anymore before swapping to something else/ whatever's free.

please be kind first ti[m]e posting xo

Attached: pepe hands.png (1019x897, 1.2M)

Also pls tell me what I should be focusing on, are my proportions ok?

> pls be kind

Faggot

šŸ“

mate that was clearly ironic

>doing exercises until I physically cant anymore
You don't want to go until absolute failure every time you train. This will greatly impair your recovery and therefore your muscle growth.

>no real change in diet or fervour at the gym
Then maybe you should alter your diet.

>dont really have a plan
One of the most important aspects is consistency. It's not necessary but helps a lot to have some plan when to work what.

>How long before regular people would call me 'big'.
For people on Jow Forums to call you big you'd probably need to train for 10 years. For normal people to call you fit less than a year and for them calling you big 2 to 3 years.

You'll gonna make it.

Attached: 1544532812150.gif (590x459, 3.25M)

do a full body program for the first 6 months.

1 year until people start calling you big, six months until your familiy and friends start to notice.

dont ignore accessory lifts and isolations, both for aesthetics and to maintain a balanced physique.

eat clean, at a 500 cal increase. deload weights once every two to three weeks (four, if youre feeling strong and progressing well).

what else... oh yeah, train your neck! apart from traps, its the only part of your body thats always visible, even during winter. the exercises for it look dumb as fuck, but just do them, nothing mogs other men like a 21 inch neck.

also watch at least a few of Jeff Cavalieres vids on youtube, he knows his stuff (especially pertaining to rotator cuff and shouldr health).

and always, ALWAYS lift for yourself, never others.

good luck OP!

Attached: 1553516245022.jpg (2996x2640, 634K)

cheers lads, solid advice

my gym membership ended since a week ago, can't afford to renew it, gained like 3kg-5kg from dirty bulking and doing no physical activities.

been lifting for about two years.

can't trust calisthenic for building muscles because iron never lie but sure i will do them. for building abs it looks great.

my form is so bad that i'm afraid to pick up where i lefted because of how into it i was.

not like i had any injuries or anything, i must be a mental idiot.

just going for some cardio soon.

Atleast now it's warmer and sunnier.

to: "eat at a 500 cal increase"
I often eat at uni and have v little idea how many calories I'm eating. Additionally I used to be podgy so the idea of getting fat again is a little off-putting.

to that my questions are:

>How best can I properly track how many calories I eat and will I get fat?

pls note am a lazy fuck with food so whist I dont actually care how much/little I eat or even what it really tastes like, I found myfitness pal relatively laborious to input.
I know there are no shortcuts etc etc but how do you do it?

about 5 months in, a lot of fucking around i nthe beggining. wish i could go back and slap myself with a beginner upper/lower split instead of waisting 2 months on broslpits. my lifts:
>70kg squat
>100kg deadlift
>35kg ohp
>55kg bench
senpais of Jow Forums, impart your knowledge

Attached: Capture.png (435x656, 547K)

'dirty bulk'
'no physical activities'
> im clearly no expert but isnt something a little off there?

>10 years
you mean 6 months on 500mg test e + dbol

you are pretty close to me if those are your 8-12 reps
If that's 1rm, kys

Those are my lifts 4 months in but I look shit because I dirty bulked kek, I'll cut later

>pls note am a lazy fuck with food
Slowly increase your intake while monitoring your weight and proportions.
If you notice that you're gaining to much/ getting fatt just reduce.
But note that in order to gain lots of muscles you'll gain some weight. Just find a range where you're comfortable.

Attached: 1546246141210.png (680x680, 103K)

>lifting for 8 months
>added half plates to my ohp since new year
>bench hasn't budged
>on the verge of 2pl 1rm
>bust out 1pl ohp for 5
Help

Attached: tenor r1.gif (244x164, 1.04M)

That's not what a dirty bulk looks like. If you're cutting now you'll probably just lose the bit of muscles you gained.

No I'm not him. I'm saying I have his lifts but my body looks a lil bit pudgier around the belly because I bulked dirty.

>You don't want to go until absolute failure every time you train. This will greatly impair your recovery and therefore your muscle growth.
Not him, but how would you define "absolute failure"?

If for example on something like a barbell curl my last set takes me almost 5 seconds to complete and even causes me to lean back with my back, does that count as going till failure? Or would I have to go and attempt a set after that point to hit absolute failure?

Guys? Am I on the right way?

2 years into training now.
190cm
85 kg

I don't know my 1RM so here are some of my current "working" weights

3x12 90 kg Bench
3x12 Pullups with +5kg

Attached: OTTERMODE.jpg (792x1050, 124K)

You can eat around TDEE, but your progress will be slower and more gradual.

work on your pullups. I'm a twink who can do 8x3 with 20kilos

If can't do it with proper form you can consider it failure. Doing it any other way is cheating.

Clicked on this thread expecting armies of larpers destroying op saying that he should be 80kg 5% bf after 3 months of lifting, instead I see this quality post full of good advices, bless you user.

>dont ignore accessory lifts and isolations
Does this matter if Iā€™m doing a beginner routine? Or are these lifts for afterwards, when Iā€™m done the beginner routine?
How do I know which accessory lifts to do? Pls help

Why does no one read the sticky holy shit. I started doing SS in January after reading the sticky and the only info I ask for is about programming. All these dumb questions can be answered by the sticky.

>You'll gonna

I literally can't do a pull-up.

I'm 6' 2" 224 lbs. and I simply can't haul myself above the bar.

Strengthen your forearms
Do farmer walks/luggage walks

Do negatives and lose some weight then fucker

Thank you both. I'll work on those things.

I was doing full hang before and today started doing negatives. At least with negatives I don't look like a spaz Magikarp just flailing under the bar. I will never do CrossFit cheat pullups either.

>about 5 months in, a lot of fucking around i nthe beggining. wish i could go back and slap myself with a beginner upper/lower split instead of waisting 2 months on broslpits. my lifts:
How much do you weight?

I buy my food from supermarkets instead of fastfoods/to go joints. Their products are easy to find on myfitnesspal and you can track your macros like a god.