Has anyone gone through a period where they lost a significant amount of gains? What happened? Did you bounce back...

Has anyone gone through a period where they lost a significant amount of gains? What happened? Did you bounce back, and if so, how long did it take?

Attached: 8E655457-02D2-4A92-AA9A-C70019FA456B.jpg (662x993, 54K)

Bump

Bump

Interested aswell

Yeah. Boot camp for 8 weeks, lost 20 pounds and pretty significant strength gains. Cardio improved a lot though. But my first time back in the gym I was weak as fuck.

How long did it take you to recover?

was training for 2 years consistently, 3 months break because of surgery, i still ate at maintenance level for the duration of the break but looked noticably softer and lost muscle. I'd say i got it back in half a year after the break was over

Shouldn’t it have taken you less than three months due to muscle memory?

5-6 months. Some guys are luckier than others when it comes to getting it back but its definitely a pain in the ass getting back to where you were. Took so long to look decent and be strong but only 2 months to lose most of it. Feels pretty bad man

Happened to me this year actually. From september to now I’ve gained a few pounds and lost about 15 pounds on all my lifts due to my social anxiety coming to a head living a shared university house. Medication and general stress really fucking with my gym life, but I guess they say mental health is more important r-right?

got really sick and basically stopped eating for like 2 weeks. lost like fucking 10 lbs of pure gains. also pretty much stopped working out during that period and afterwords for awhile, pretty much a month of no exercise outside of work (do atleast work a physical job). iv gained about 5lbs of those back but its taken some time

i don't think it works that way. I lost 5kg in those 3 months and started bulking afterwards. With bulking you gain fat too so there's that. And you can't gain that much muscle (implying that most of it was muscle) in 3 months

Cut weight 35 lbs for my first boxing bout.
Lost about 25 lbs on squat and bench, none on deads because my training focused on lots of cleans.
Took like 3 weeks? To get back

Attached: 18F52EDD-ACBC-42D5-9D5B-4D751EF88D23.jpg (4500x3000, 1.44M)

>Boomer here that lifted on the regular since 1998.
>Was really happy with my gains and body. >Felt soreness in my elbow and shoulder in about 2006.
>Diagnosed with tendentious in shoulder. No lifting for a month.
>Did an hour of cardio every day to stay fit. >Lost a lot of muscle.
> Never really gained it all back even though I was strict about fitness.
>2018, Had tennis elbow that I am recently getting over that is still nagging.
>Fapping too much. No shit. Doctor said very common with middle aged married men.
>Shit takes forever to heal and you lose gains.
>Middle aged so now so I know I won't have the body I once had but that doesn't give you a reason to quit.
>Just hoping to get out of dad bod mode

Backpacking for two months fucked me up a bit. Lost like 5kg and over 10% on most of my lifts.
>didn't eat well enough
>no gym
>constantly on my feet
>erratic sleep schedule
>a weeklong cocaine bender which probably fucked me up the most
A couple of months was enough to bounce back though.

Attached: whb_hero.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

Never recovered, once you get off the juice it's over

>Fapping too much. No shit. Doctor said very common with middle aged married men.
Is the meme about not getting any sex once you are married true?

Nice one

i had a fever mixed with depression and i went from chad to skelly

this

Yes.

Ran into heart problems. Took 2 years before I could gym again (Basics and lightweight) Then took another year to actually gym a bit, because I was paranoid.

how do I get a gf with that nice of a body? Is it even possible? If I see a girl that hot do I just walk up to a girl and talk to her? wtf how does this even work

Attached: 1534351228967.jpg (236x253, 11K)

Why not just go to school instead of taking the easy way out user? Did your IQ fail you?

My progress in 2017 sucked for a number of reasons, so I pretty much took 2018 off as a break from strength training, just doing really light workouts at home.

I started up again in January, bench is already at 320 lbs (best was 340 lbs).

Keep your protein high, and do at least some kind of minimal workout while you're out of the gym. You'll bounce back quickly when you return, and it's a lot of fun too.

I gymmed for like 10 months. Got in pretty decent shape.
Immigrated, got gf, started working manual labour, then mechanic had dad bod
Took me about two months to get back to where I was.

took a month break, took about a month to get it back

i got obliterated by a drunk driver december 2017, 5 years of gains gone, been trying but i just cant anymore, im half titanium rods,brackets and screws now. i still workout but i cant bounce back.

Attached: sad .png (474x316, 196K)

nice one bro

Fuck. I'm going to be RoboCop at some point in the future too as my scoliosis progresses. I'd be livid if I was healthy like you and then fucked up by accident.
How many vertebrae do you have fused?

Attached: 8CCEB65D22F040C7B993A5558B39FBD4.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Yeah, had bimax surgery. Liquid foods for 6 weeks. Lost 25 lbs. Made the gains back in 2 months.

lol robocop, i dont have any issues with my back by crushed both of my legs and femur went though my hip from the pressure, also a coller bone and arm broke.

How often do you fantasize about murdering the driver?

Thanks man, we're all gonna make it

>Was a skinny fatfuck in 2008, just decide to do straight 2 hours of jogging every fucking day, literally, don't even eat properly, lose 20 pounds of muscle in the span of a month, still skinny fat but even more skinny, lifts were non existent. Become so fed up that I decide to """bulk""", start eating large quantities of peanut butter while lifting, lifts skyrocket but gain 120 pounds of fat and muscle. It took me a few months to get stronger and a few years of trial and error to get lean while maintining gains, lose 100 pounds and become lean.

I was such a fucking idiot, If I knew then what I knew now, I wouldn't have done excessive cardio or fucking bulked, I'd be alot bigger today insead of mediocre now. This is me today.

Attached: legs5-2.png (421x422, 107K)

no point dealing in what ifs

WHen travelling, are resistance bands a viable way to work out if you don't have access to a gym? You could do curls, bicep and tricep extentions, shoulder extensions and presses, 1 legged and skateboard squats, chin up, pull ups, upside down shoulder presses, push ups, planks, and various crunches. Would these be viable excersizes?

army is based if you can get over the fighting for Israel thing, best laugh you’ll ever have

No. Not at all. I mean it's better than nothing but nah

No better option for a portable workout that's both better than just bodyweight shit and is also light in weight and space for your luggage. That being said most hotel gyms have dumbbells up to 50 lbs and one or two half-decent machines, which beat the bands.

Cerrainly better than nothing.

thats also because your diet is shit in basic. Low protein high carb is terrible for muscle growth.

no. You still bang 3x a week at least. Sometimes 2 if you are in a fight or your mother in law is staying for 2 weeks.

Do you just do ADF? it seems like the only thing that lets you lose weight and gain muscle at the same time.

In Feb. 2018, I was laid off a job I had for 21 years.
>inb4 geezer patrol

I got clinically depressed, but didn't realize it. Some days I couldn't hold a pint of H2O without my hands shaking. Other days, I had strength, but 1pl8 flat bench press was tough.

Biggest drop was in the compound exercises. Squat went to crap, deadlift dropped a bit, but not as much. Body composition turned into Left Hand Milk Stout, Guinness, and Fat Tire.

Yes, I had a lot of time on my hands,,, but the anxiety of not having something to do (I was getting a small severance income), was destroying my insides, and I would often wake up to bottles and cans of snooty beer and forget I even bought them.

Fast forward to today, and I have great employment, but in and out of a delivery truck all day is a bit rough on the hips. I'm down to 3 - 4 days a week at gym, and don't want to become "chest and arms guy."

Attached: guysabighe.jpg (610x371, 100K)

Radial fracture of my upper arm bone put me out of commission for about 9 months. Before the injury, I had a 5x15@w 130lb DB bench and a 3x185 press.

After being cleared to workout 9 months later, I tested with my good arm and I could do 5x15x60lb DB bench (I'd done some therapy band stuff on my good arm but that's it). Three years later and I can probably press 1x170 and DB bench 5x15 @ 100lbs per DB.

I have a lot of scar tissue in my arm. Ultimately I think it impacted my lifting form as I have some RC issues in the shoulder connecting to my bad arm. I can't really do barbell bench anymore, not that I ever was a big fan of it.

It affected my other lifts but they ultimately continued to increase. e.g., front squat pre-injury was one rep of 285, now I'm too old to go for 1RM but I did 4x6 at 315lbs on front squat last week.

Excuse me, *spiral fracture. Broke it during dodge ball with a waterlogged nerf ball.

broke my wrist in a car accident, couldn't even hold a stack of folders in that hand without extreme pain. took forever to heal to 100%, too

all in all i was out of the gym for about 8 months, and lost a ton of gains.

it came back very quickly though. not over night but maybe in 1-2 months i was at where i was before the accident

Nice

Basically.

In October I was Tboned by a drunk driver.
>lost my spleen, damaged organs
>lost 30 lbs muscle
>tons of soft tissue damage
>had to use a walker for 8 weeks
>depression due to concussion and being a bedridden skinny faggot

I went from 1/2/3/4 to a skeleton who couldn't do a single pushup. I think my body just went into extreme healing mode and said fuck this useless muscle. Did a ton of pt. Started lifting again in January. As of this week:
>20 strict pullups (thx weightloss)
>185x3 squat
>285 dl
>175 bench

I'll get back there hopefully
>pic related, me maybe a month or so after the wreck

Attached: 20181222_212520.jpg (768x1024, 346K)

Did he give you kyphosis too?

No, but sitting in a recliner 24 hrs a day for weeks did

Inspiring...Good luck with your recovery!

Gl

Start lifting 2013. Drop 100lbs. Drop toxic friends. Graduate college. Move cities. Get a physical labor intensive job.

2016 Patellar chondomalcia in my left knee.

Took 6months off. Started lifting again. Hit new deadlift PR a and squat PRs.

2017 Ruptured disc in low back. Took off year.

2018 try to get back. Lift for 3months. Fast for a month. Drop 40lbs. Drama happens with ex. Go on 8month bender ending with me ODing.

2019. I'm lifting on a 4day split. I'm 1/2/2.5/3.5 after about 2months. I'm down another 10lbs. Approaching lifting a bit different this time around. More emphasis on volume than heavy sets. More focus on accessories that have benefits for major lifts. I'm not pushing past pain. Wearing a belt or straps when Im unsure of some lift. Pay attention to your body and how it reacts. Putting poison in your body makes it act like it's poisoned. If you're doing a movement wrong your body will tell you.

Was skinny ottermode ,but hat some muscle because I did many sports. Never eat proberly, was my biggest flaw. Did full DIET cbl. Eated clean + creatine and subs.
Did hard gains. Did get many female mires. Had nearly a dream gf had self esteem everything.
Choose to go home back after college . Serious family Problems. Got depression and burnout panic attacks. 1.5 years ago I forced myself to cycling because my brain was nearly exploding and the alternatives was mental hospital or blast my brain away. So I cycled out of my doom. Last year winter I moved to swimming. And since this year I had the motivation to lift some weights again. I'm perhaps at 30 percent of my top form. But fucking family Problems envolve and increase steadily. And holds me back. If there is a next time I will be at that point I was 2 years ago I won't stand up again and choose the bullet.

Got really strong but had a bunch of bad habits and just felt generally "too much" and did things that fed my ego or indulged in. Became a big issue in my life and I lost everything.

I started working out again after losing motivation and then a 1 3/4 year break of no exercise or lifting at all about 3 months ago and I've just put my head down and worked. I'm about 65-70% (rough) as strong for my 1RM as I used to be.

Went from being a solid block of muscle at 185-190lb to nothing and I'm on my way back again. 165lbish now

Those are some pretty good lifts brah. You're gonna make it brah.

>ADF ?
eating clean at maintence lets me make gains while losing body fat

Year and a half ago I had 2 back to back emergency abdominal surgeries that left me with a massive hernia. I couldn't lift for almost 8 months and my lack of activity left me with very little appetite so I lost a ton of weight. Plus I have an illness with high caloric demands in the first place so weight can easily slough off. All I do is just stay persistent when I can't lift and eat damn near like a pig when I can

Not good

Pretty average body desu, you could probably snag that with your stupid plan

never honestly. I get asked that alot. I did sue the shit out of him and his insurance company though.

im right there with you bro, dont loose all hope yet.

Here's my experience.

I started lifting around age 14 for sports and girls/confidence. Started lifting more seriously at 16, and started training for powerlifting at age 19.

I competed age 20-21, with clean competition PRs of:
Squat 525lb
Bench 305lb
Deadlift 595lb
181bw at 5'10". I never actually measured body fat, but I was probably right around 8%.

Since I was 20, I've worked a sort of physical job where I have to regularly lift 200+ pounds multiple times a day, walk about 2 miles a day and occasionally do a but of cardio, but there's a lot of sitting around in between.

I had a knee injury when I was 21 which took me away from the gym for about 6 months, but at that point I was so busy with work and school I didn't have the time/energy to go to the gym and I cancelled my membership.

By 25 I was 205lb and about 25-30% bf. I have been training consistently, but not like I used to for about 10 months now.

I'm down to 180lb and about 16-20% body fat. I run/walk 3-4 miles every day with my dog before work and I do pushups and pullups every day. I lift 3 days a week, basically just a PPL split.

I have not gone for any ORM yet, but I can do all of the following for 5x10.
Squat 205lb
Bench 145lb
Deadlift 225lb
OHP 115lb
BB row 155lb

My strength is not remotely close to what it used to be. I struggle to do work sets with weight that used to be warm up. It is kind of neat being able to see improvements every week or two though.

TL;DR. If you quit lifting for several years, you don't bounce back. It's a long road to get back to where you were and I'm sure that it only gets longer and more difficult with age.

it happens to me every year faggot. when you stop lifting you will start losing gains the next week. biologically speaking why would you need big ass signaling muscles if your body is not using them.

and why in the hell it wouldnt be possible to bounce back?? are you retarded? muscle memory is a thing but its a pretty stupid name if i think about it.

Lifted for a year and felt great, then failed at uni -> 1 year alcoholism and depression, lost most gains :( will try to start again in 2 weeks wish me luck brehs

Attached: tumblr_pcki38xzGQ1xaqcdto1_500.jpg (467x700, 51K)

Hes telling the truth desu
T. High asvab/high iq

Appreciate it guyz

But if you're only lifting 3x/week I'm gonna assume that's a whole lot less than how intense you were in your prime, no? Couldn't that explain why thegains are coming slow?

Sorry to hear that, user. I still believe in you, we're all gonna make it.

Though the accident may have dropped your natural limit, doesn't mean you can't still achieve it. Who knows where medical technology will be in a few years? Also, whether your goals are strength or hypertrophy, I'd bet that people would still be impressed by your dedication.

I am this guy: 1)What is preventing you from bouncing back properly?
2) Have you done a shit ton of PT and are as healed as you're going to be, with full ROM and everything?
3) Have you thought about going to the dark side?

>sex drive goes to 0. I didn't have the libido to jerk off more than 2/3 times per month
>mild depression & generally feeling less happy
>super lazy
>everybody thinks less of you. You'll start noticing things that you could have gotten away with when you were ripped

I'm a manlet so it doesn't take me too much time to get back into shape. I can reach 80% of my all time 1rep max in 3-4 months. I've also had to stop lifting for more than 6 months 4 times in my life, so I'm better than most at maxxing newbie gainz.

Attached: mirin2.png (720x1280, 70K)

had food poisoning in spring 2017, had digestive issues since then. i lost like 13kg (28 lbs) during that summer. i recovered, but i still have periods (like now) when i get fatty stools, nausea, cramps and lose gains

This

That's part of it for sure. My goals with lifting and exercise are a bit different now too. I want to be as strong as possible, but I have no real intention of competing again. I also care more about having an 8 pack again right now than I do about my PRs. My lifting regiment will change once my body fat is down to where I want it to be. I do cardio and calisthenics 7 days a week in addition to my "heavy" lifting now right now. 3-4 mile walk/run, minimum 100 pullups and 200 pushups every day.

When I competed I lifted 4 days a week and did a little cardio and calisthenics only on my off days. Each lifting session back then was about 2-3 times longer than my current sessions are and volume was significantly higher. The amount of cardio and calisthenics was much lower too.

nice

I got an stomach bacteria go let me two weeks straight with diarreah, náusea and terrible stomach pain. My weight went from 78kg to 71kg in only two weeks

Tore my achilles tendon twice last year. Over a year without lifting. Still can't lift heavy weights as the tendon needs to be trained gradually, but my legs are responding like crazy to squats and deadlifts. Doing 15-20-30 reps instead of the 3x10 I'm supposed to do in the deadlift.

Feels good after 1 year of not being able to train.

Any more (you)s and I might cum