/fast/ - #407 - fat is fucking food editing

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast Q&A: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Attached: 1554104583764m.jpg (1024x1012, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/qWxc4hh
youtube.com/watch?v=tMy3MDYWXiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>fat “people”

will consuming semen break my fast?

not if its feminine

Yes

Alright everybody, this is my third check up on my 8 day hard dry fast, nothing to report today, everything went great aside from general thirst, but that's expected
My current stats are
Male
5'7 (170 cm)
67.5 kg (around 149 lb)
Weight lost since start: 1.5 kg (3.3 lb)

Forgot pick

Attached: PicsArt_04-02-08.38.32.png (2048x1024, 2.5M)

Second day of a 7 day fast. Is it true I have to drink destilled water instead of tap water?

i want to move to 48s now but with 72s i have calculated everything

Fuck I hate falling out of fasting and having to struggle to start a new routine.
spend more than one day being social and doing whatever, and suddenly starting a fast is a huge hurdle and excuses come easily to just enjoy one last meal

can I drink sparkling water and shit? like la croix

Just eat food in moderation you fucking weirdos

>weirdos
what did he mean by this

Day 17. Feeling perfectly fine. Mind is noticeably clearer.

If you deliberately go 7 days without food or water when there are little African niglets dying of dehydration you're a turbo retard

If you just control yourself and stop eating cake you'll still lose weight and won't look like pic related afterwards

Attached: starving.jpg (218x231, 8K)

no thanks, don't want to kill my metabolism

No lol,who told you that
I mean tap water is still shit but better than distilled water for sure

>African niglets dying of dehydration you're a turbo retard
yeah so what? those are not "people"

>eating food is killing my metabolism

This is what /fast/fags actually believe

Maybe you should fast for the rest of your life and see how it goes? After all, don't want to kill your metabolism, I'm sure it'll work out fine...

Fuck off, or lurk more until you actually know something about fasting

Post body + time stamp

The one argument that utterly destroys /fast/fags:

>If fasting works so well, I think you should do it full-time. You know, at least for a few years.
>...What do you mean, you don't want to?
>I thought it was the ultimate weight loss method?
>:thinking_face:

Yeah but there comes a point where you don't have any more weight to lose and die. Fasting advocates for weight loss if you have actual weight to fucking lose.
Like holy fuck how can someone be this retarded, literal brainlet.

>Hmm, I think I should lose some weight. I think I'll eat healthy and exercise to maintain muscle mass while burning fat and improving cardiovascular health.
>NAH BRUH JUST DON'T EAT OR DRINK FOR A FEW WEEKS. JUST IGNORE THE HUNGER PANGS AND THE FACT YOU KEEP FAINTING IN PUBLIC AND HAVING GRAND MAL SEIZURES IT'S GOOD FOR YOU BRUH I SWEAR

Hmm...

Clearly you have never fasted. Why are you posting in a fasting thread where you have NEVER done it? Moron....

Nice strawman, is that supposed to destroy fasters?

I've already done an 16-18 hour fast every day for the last 5 years or so. You probably do an 8 hour fast every day at the least. Going forward, I may work in a weekly 24 or 36 hour fast depending on how it works out for me. Yes, for the indefinite future.

>he thinks fasting equals a life of anorexia and mal-nutrition
Kek

Attached: 1553467387762.jpg (625x626, 63K)

Dude the seizures help shake off the extra fat...

>/fast/ upset over how many starvation-related seizures they had to cover up today

Baby is so afraid missing one meal that he dreams up going into seizures if he's not ordering from Wendy's by noon.

Nice argument, I'm still waiting for you to post body+time stamp

>He actually hallucinated this scenario in his head

user lay off whatever they're pumping you full of. Most people actually go into a fasting routine for years. It's called maintenance you fucken kek.

you're just pulling arguments out of your arse now. If you want to be taken seriously then dont act like a cunt. Anyways:
>Just ignore the hunger pangs
You wont have them after 3-4 days of fasting
>Just ignore the fact you keep fainting in public
source? provide me a correlation between fasting and fainting without the implication of sunlight. In fact, fasters consume more water, causing dehydration faints to be less probable. You will not faint out of hunger unless you stress your body way too hard, and even then a non-faster could suffer a faint.
>grand mal seizure
Again, where is the correlation between fasting and seizures? If you fast for more than 5 days, consume electrolytes or get fucked. Its very well specified here on /fast/, so how can you get a seizure that is related to fasting if your body is well in terms of nutrition thanks to ketosis? If you're referring to refeeding syndrome, then youre a retard if you think you should break a fast with 3k cals and get seizures from it. Again, its always said to start low and go up in terms of calories and carbs

i refed with two OMADs and now i'm back near my starting weight and bloated as fuck. please tell me this is a joke.

How big were your fucking meals?

What the fuck does two OMADs even mean?
Lurk more fucking retard and stop making stupid questions

ALRIGHT SO I'M DELAYING MY PROLONGED FAST UNTIL TODAY OR TOMORROW NIGHT DUE TO MY RAW MILK GOING A BIT SOUR AND I DON'T WANT TO TOSS AWAY THE $7 THAT'S LEFT OF IT, SO I'LL BE POSTING DAILY PICS OF THE FAST LATER THIS WEEK.
SINCE I FAILED TO START THE FAST THIS SATURDAY (ALTHOUGH I DID A 48) I DECIDED TO JUST PUT UP THE MONTHLY PROGRESS PICTURE INSTEAD. I'M PUTTING UP THE PICTURE SINCE I'M NOT A BITCH AFRAID OF JUDGEMENT AND CRITICISM, AND I'D RATHER FACE THE TRUTH THAN HIDE BEHIND A KEYBOARD LIKE A PUSSY ASS FAGGOT. CRITIQUE AWAY YOU FATTIES.
ANYWAY, FIRST TIME BULKING ON OMAD AND ALL OF MY LIFTS HAVE INCREASED SINCE STARTING IN FEBRUARY:
DEADLIFT INCREASED FROM 225 @ 5R TO 315 @ 2R.
SQUAT INCREASED FROM 165 @ 5R TO 225 @ 5R
BENCH INCREASED FROM 145 @ 6R OR SO TO 225 @ 2R
BARBELL PENDLAY ROW INCREASED FROM 95 @ 10R TO 145 @ 10R
I HAD JUST RECENTLY ADDED OHP TO MY ROUTINE BUT I WAS DOING DUMBBELL OHP WHICH INCREASED FROM 45 @ 6-7R TO 70 @ 5R
THERE ARE MUCH MORE LIFTS I DO BUT I JUST WANTED TO POST SOME OF THE MAIN ONES. MOST OF THE INCREASES ARE CONTRIBUTED FROM THE ADDITION OF CARB LOADING. MY LIFTS SHOT UP IN TWO WEEKS DRAMATICALLY AND THEN I STARTED A LINEAR PROGRESSION, WHICH IS GOING TO CONTINUE RIGHT AFTER THIS NEXT FAST.
MY REFEEDS WERE A BIT ON THE DIRTY SIDE, SO THIS TIME I'M GOING TO EAT A BIT CLEANER.
SINCE I'M STILL A BEGINNER WITH LIFTING, ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME. IS THIS PROGRESS GOOD OR TOO SLOW? SHOULD I CONTINUE FOR STRENGTH RIGHT NOW OR GO FOR THE 'HYPERTROPHY RANGE' FOR THE NEXT TWO MONTHS? AM I GETTING TOO FAT ON THIS BULK?

Attached: JANFEBAPR.jpg (5088x3840, 1.86M)

lots of alcohol, and probably 1200-1500 kcal worth of food

did you load up on carbs like a fucking retard? also how long was your fast? take a laxative (for food weight) and sit in a sauna (for water weight) and the bloating should go away within a day or 2. next time you refeed keep it fucking tiny and low carb at first.

Did you eat two fucking cakes jesus christ

it means for two days i ate one meal each you fucking retard
not a lot of carbs, mostly meat and clear spirits

Ditch the alcohol, fatty

Here’s face results for 5 months of 18/6 IF.

Attached: FC2361A2-A5AE-4551-B817-6DD0B5783432.jpg (1127x802, 220K)

El (non mexican) lanky goblin here. I’m just gonna blog really quick.
>Jan 2018-March 2019 weight loss has been going steady. Since fasting starting in Jun 2018, I think it made significant difference. I have been weight lifting w/ cardio since the start. And even dipped into keto for the new years. (Still not close macro wise, least the carbs are low). But, I really should try not to get trapped into eatting alot during holidays. Thanksgiving break and Christmas had me going from a mid 207lbs in august to 215lbs by mid december. It had to do mostly do with eating very badly. Hopefully it doesn’t happen this year. 1/2
(Pic jan 2018)

Attached: 69783EBD-B18F-410A-A8E2-6EDA8045C691.jpg (2057x1520, 192K)

Tl;dr Started 247lbs and now I’m at 210lbs. 1 year, 2 months. Pics I’ve posted before on Jow Forums incoming (2019 march updated): imgur.com/a/qWxc4hh
My grips are:
>Can/been only go the gym twice a week, back to back. Excluding sports on Thursday. So, to cope hard, I’m doing cardio early in the morning everyday starting last week. I go only two times since they’re the only available times for me.
>Really just want to lift heavy shit at this point. Can’t due to space, time and finances. I’m gonna get to 194lbs before switching to muscle gaining as my priority. I will try to still fast somehow, but the eat window might have to be larger. Plus I want to weight-lift 5 days a week. Might be very hard to achieve that routine for a while. Idk if I’m gonna do pwl, owl, strongman, whatever. I just wanna get to Hafþór ‘thor’ Björnsson’s physical performance sometime in my life.
>Weight loss rate kinda feels slow. Don’t wanna rush things. I don’t think extended fasting with snake juice is gonna help due to personal circumstances. Just felt like I flipped flopped around fasting and eating times. Might change to 20 hrs, but I haven’t been very solid at it.
>got suggestions?

Thanks for reading the blog. 2/2

Attached: 34667075-0F1A-4EE2-8422-0DB37717D086.jpg (2048x2048, 874K)

How much cardio do you do

Your numbers are improving very well. Can see the difference in muscle mass quite easily.

i dont get this pic
did you get fatter with fasting?

>TFW can't fast due to new medication needing to be taken while eating

This sucks.

Down 100 pounds in about a year. Took a little break and I'm getting back into fasting. My current idea is to do 60 hour fasts Monday and Tuesday + Thursday and Friday, which allows me to lift 3 times a week and not really need snake juice, while also not being that hard and still being able to get gains from not eating 4 days a week. Only downside is maybe not getting as much autophagy but I'll probably get a bit doing 2 60 hour fasts a week and I don't have a bunch of lose skin so far anyway. I'll do this for 5 weeks and report back / reassess from there. My goal is just to get another 50 down before the end of the year so hopefully I can do that.

Nice keep us posted I've thought of doing something similar

i've done a 120 hour fast, refed, then a 96 hour fast, and refed twice, and i feel like it's not going to work out for me. how effective would a routine of 72 hour fast with 4 OMAD refeeds be for lowering my bf%? i'm at a healthy weight and BMI, i just have around 22-24% bf and want to cut it down asap.

>And even dipped into keto for the new years.
DON'T EAT 70% FATS. GO NO FURTHER THAN 20% FAT IN YOUR REFEEDS, MAYBE A MAX OF 150G OF PROTEIN/DAY, AND CARB LOAD ONCE A WEEK FOR GYM PERFORMANCE.
>But, I really should try not to get trapped into eatting alot during holidays.
CELEBRATE WITH YOUR FAMILY, THEN DO A 72H FAST OR LONGER IF YOU WERE A FAT PIG.
>Can/been only go the gym twice a week, back to back. Excluding sports on Thursday. So, to cope hard, I’m doing cardio early in the morning everyday starting last week. I go only two times since they’re the only available times for me.
GOOD, THAT TAKES A LOT OF DISCIPLINE, KEEP IT UP. DO FULL BODY ON THOSE TWO GYM DAYS. LOOK TO START A PROGRAM FOCUSED ON STRENGTH, MOST DON'T REQUIRE YOU TO GO TO THE GYM FOR ANY LONGER THAN 45 MINUTES BUT THEY MAY HAVE YOU EAT A SHITLOAD OF FOOD.
KEEP IT UP FATTY AND CONSIDER OMAD AND PROLONGED FASTING.

JOGGED LIKE MAYBE 3 TIMES IN THE PAST 2 MONTHS. I'LL BE INCREASING THAT NUMBER, THANKS FOR THE REMINDER. CARDIO IS MY WORST ENEMY.

READ THE DESCRIPTION. HINT: I AM BULKING. BONUS HINT: I AM TESTING A BULK AND CUT WHERE I JUST FAST FOR 7 DAYS INSTEAD OF DOING A MAINSTREAM CUT THAT'LL LAST 2 MONTHS.

>Only downside is maybe not getting as much autophagy
NOT MUCH TO WORRY ABOUT IF YOUR MAIN GOAL IS FAT LOSS AND GAINING MUSCLE.
>I'll do this for 5 weeks and report back / reassess from there. My goal is just to get another 50 down before the end of the year so hopefully I can do that.
WITH THAT ROUTINE YOU DEFINITELY CAN. GOOD LUCK AND LIFT HARD.

DOABLE, IT'S JUST GOING TO TAKE LONGER THAN DOING OMAW OR SOMETHING. TRY TO CARB LOAD ONCE A WEEK (OR TWICE IF YOU BEAST IT AT THE GYM) AND YOU'LL BE SET.

day 11/21 of fasting with lite salt and i i just noticed my breath stopped smelling like shit, feels so fucking good, but what does it mean? am i out of acetone to leak through my saliva or what

forgot pic

Attached: sfdg.png (412x471, 84K)

if i don't lose weight 48 hrs after a refeed, then that means my refeed had enough calories to sustain me for 2 days

am i correct in that logic?

i need to just bite the bullet and try for something real like 5+ days wet fast. i can do 2 days like it's nothing now, i don't blink. i'm almost eating out of habit or something.

i'll lie to myself and say that meal was an experiment, proof that when i'm not fat, i can eat garbage and maintain so long as i wait between meals.

>like 30 something hours in
>dark pee
>feel cold as fuck
>dizzy
do i enter keto fast?

Are you on a dry or juice or what kind of fast are you doing?

Have you ever done fasting or keto before?

normal water/snake juice
i have been doing 2 72s since january

Anyone else struggle to start a new fast?
Whether it's a short term fast or a long term fast, I find I'm not really in the right mindset to ignore the hunger and not feed myself for comfort/something to do.

I've eaten 500 calories a day and haven't lost jack shit.

I'm at day 3 going for 7 days fasted and I don't know how to end it. Watching videos people are saying start with juice/fruits but for how long? This fuck says it took him 20 days to recover to normal food wtf

youtube.com/watch?v=tMy3MDYWXiA

Attached: 5aaccd939e6a061fac18302b15119794.jpg (1080x1080, 172K)

>dark pee
Never happened to me.
>cold as fuck
All the damn time.
>dizzy
Electrolytes?

>Never happened to me.
means deep keto, try fasting for 3 days and then pee on the keto stix should give you a deep purple color

Have done a few 72 hour ones the past few months and on rare occasions pushed myself close to the 80-85 mark but I mostly do 48s since my job is physically demanding and long fasts make me literally useless.
Even on the longer fasts I haven't noticed a difference desu but that could be because I drink a shit load of water.

>I drink a shit load of water.
could be, i drink a reasonable amount of water and i still get dark urine around the start of second day/end of first 24 hour mark

Fuck yeah, keep it up capsbro. Living proof that you can bulk on a fasting diet and live healthier than those overfed gear-freaks. If you have any extra days for the gym you may want to throw in an extra back day, your upper back and rear delts would thank you and building up the lats more will help accentuate your V-shape. Fucking keep up the good work, brother.

Attached: CBFBC6D4-8ED0-4DB0-A3BB-7BB48A5D97D8.png (500x500, 172K)

it's really day 2 and 3 where most people fuck up
because day 1 you are still pretty full most of the day and the hunger pangs (if you were smart about your refeed and didnt eat 300g of carbs) should be minimal

i know i used to really struggle hard at around 38 to 40 hours, but now its automatic

as far as wet fast go...

if your piss is dark, you arent drinking enough snake juice or its not mixed right

if you are mixing 1 liter batches, get a 1/4 tsp and 1/2 tsp spoons, they are at every dollar store

and if you are working out while while snake juice fasting, you need (in my experience) another liter of sj for every 30 minutes of intense cardio, though you could probably get away with 1 liter for every 60 minutes of cardio

remember if you aren't pissing AT ALL, that's a fucking warning sign that you are way behind on your sj

Will OMAD fuck with concentration and college performance at all?

Attached: 1553836536708.jpg (1200x1600, 348K)

So i've been keeping to this schedule of skipping a day of eating, doing two days OMAD, first day small

Attached: Ruiii-chaaaaan.gif (540x540, 222K)

yes

Am I perhaps getting my calorie measurement's wrong? Perhaps I've been over eating on my workout days.

The ratio of NO_SALT:BAKING_SODA:SALT is really 2:2:1? My snake juice tastes like baking soda

Are you weighting yourself at the same time? Just do every other day eating for starters. Give it a month.

Op says no snake juice during intermittent fasting. why not?

It's not needed if you're running a 16/8 or a 20/4. Those are not a big deal at all.

Yeah, it's a mental thing for sure. You got this.

So do OMAD bruh

Starting a new fast boys. (Actually I'm 28 hours in but this is just starting, right?)

Attached: 299.jpg (413x552, 118K)

why does my body itches so much

Will Gatorade break my fast?

no
knock yourself out, try to pour as much sugar as you can tho if you dont pour like half a pound it WILL break your fast

Half a pound wouldn't dissolve, retard. It only counts as food if it's solid.

dude, the guy in that video is a fucking retard.

wtf

I lost 2 pounds last week. Should I eat 2 pounds of sand to offset it?

I'm curious about this too. I finished a week long fast last time with a fuck good amount of salad, a fillet of salmon, and some chicken. Gained 2 kilograms off of that, now three days into my next fast and I'm still a kilo heavier than when I had a refeed.

Not sure if it's just stubborn water weight or I ate like a retard. I feel great though, but still really just wanna get down to my goal bf% and then eat OMAD again.

I am resolutely against eating now. The thought of eating sends me over the edge and basically I don't feel like eating at all.
Is this what making it looks like?

>159lbs (Was 330 over a year ago
>5’10
>18 year old male

I’m one day into a three day dry fast, and I’m feeling discouraged because I still have a ton of fat stored in my loose skin. Goal weight is 130 now.

At 130 I plan in getting reduction surgery. Any tips as far as that goes?

Attached: B2001C75-23B6-4B0A-B154-A788100D4AEA.jpg (3088x2320, 1.57M)

Here’s another one

Honestly it feels like shit knowing I’ll probably never look decent. I guess that’s what having fat parents does to you.

Attached: 5D578B03-0F65-4CC0-A04B-46BB67016770.jpg (3088x2320, 1.5M)

Are there any solutions for pic related? It's a bit fucked that fatties have no true redemption arc.

Another idiot falls for it.

IKR?

I wish I could look human but whatever, I’m aesexual anyhow. It’s all for me but I don’t like it.

Attached: 33D3CC98-D76F-4DCC-A227-924385B905EE.jpg (4032x3024, 2.47M)

1) you can look decent
2) what you lack you can make up for in a good personality
3) most people will respect a "yeah haha my parents were obese and I grew up like that too but then I decided to change"

>asexual hurr
what a pack of niggers. Just get your loose skin surgically fixed, they even have lasers and shit for stretch marks. You can get lipo for that last stubborn pouch of fat on your abs or whatever. Everything's possible these days and yet you choose to whine.

I’m not whining, I’m in contact with a plastic surgeon. It just sucks that I have to take that route.

Also yeah I don’t enjoy sex. What I do like is courting girls, so being hot could help. They’ll never see me naked tho so if I have stretch marks who cares

you dumbass after you hit your goal weight you stop fasting and go to OMAD dont be this retarded