/fat/ American Royalty Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For roly poly roundbois who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous:

Attached: 9D277707-0B93-449F-BD56-F1DFA7EDB4AA.png (1040x1396, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefitness.wiki/faq/what-is-more-important-for-weight-loss-calories-or-macros/
healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets
phcuk.org/rcts/
tdeecalculator.net/about.php
diabetes.co.uk/news/2018/jan/drop-in-both-insulin-and-leptin-needed-for-fat-burning-to-occur-90969878.html
idmprogram.com/why-coca-cola-loves-the-calories-model/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Confess my child

Attached: 28076207-6B12-492F-A92E-1E979F35FAD3.png (800x800, 113K)

I think things are going well with this, he’s having to adjust techniques

thefitness.wiki/faq/what-is-more-important-for-weight-loss-calories-or-macros/

Attached: 77E69E78-B680-4631-8635-0016C3F31861.jpg (677x417, 190K)

Reminder: Low carb diets WITHOUT counting calories are more effective than counting calories.

healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets

There are at least 31 modern scientific studies of the highest quality (RCT) that show significantly better weight loss with low-carb diets. This according to the latest count by the Public Health Collaboration UK. The number of studies showing the opposite? Zero.

phcuk.org/rcts/

Attached: PHCLCvLFRCTsInforgraphic26.02.2018.png (805x571, 34K)

just remembered why I stopped coming here

Reminder: TDEE calculations should be based on lean mass. Fat is not metabolically active.

>Optionally, if you fill out the body fat percentage field, the calculator will instead use the Katch-McArdle Formula, which is the most accurate formula of all.

tdeecalculator.net/about.php

Thread died and no one answered so ill repost:

When does the paper towel effect begin? im at 20% bodyfat and 7kg within my goal and i theres no signs of it happening even though im so close to skeleton mode according to the numbers.

great work user, keep it up

see

together we are strong

Attached: 1548204739875.jpg (480x480, 47K)

Attached: 2F75B1BB523E4DC692CD728F241CDBFB.png (753x960, 29K)

Ate at maintenance yesterday. Going to fast today

Will intermittent fasting cause me to lose more fat than eating throughout the day? Same calories.

I just kissed this girl I had a huge crush on
This is it /fat/, it's highschool level motivation, but it's happening

It starts now

No

Wrong.

Studies of eating a single meal per day18 found significantly more fat loss, compared to eating three meals per day, despite the same caloric intake.

>18. Stote KS et al. A controlled trial of reduced meal frequency without caloric restriction in healthy, normal-weight, middle-aged adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Apr; 85(4):981–8.

no expert, but i don't believe so. but i do find it easier to diet during intermittent fasting. it gives me a smaller amount of time to spend my calories, over which period i tend to feel more full. get yourself through the mornings if you're doing 8/16, having coffee or whatever, and then you're good for 12pm to 8pm.

are fasted workouts a meme?

See Fasting does result in greater fat loss despite the same caloric intake. The secret is h o r m o n e s.

No. You will be in fat burning mode. This is what you want if you're trying to lose fat.

I dont think it matters, but like said it puts you in fat burning mode, but doesnt that just mean you will burn what you ate faster and then burn the fat either way? :)

>Down at the gym
>Listening to my favorite track, not really paying attention
>Fall over on the treadmil
>Foot kicks over my mayo bottle
>mayo is everywhere
>Run out as fast as I can
I can't go back.

Attached: 1540354139772.gif (354x286, 60K)

I was fat my whole life (started at >25% body fat to 13-15%). After i lost weight , my best friend's sister in law noticed me. I am now seeing her 1-2 times a week and she is literally the girl of my dream. Cute , smart , gentle, we have so much in common. She even mired my biceps and said she was impressed and cuddled me all night on our second date.

I never lifted for woman , but when I was fat no way i could get a woman of such high quality. Keep going bros, it's worth it. We're all gonna make it.

kicking over another man's mayo is 7 years bad luck. karma will bite him in the ass. don't worry, user. mayo is on your side.

How do you lot protect your mayo at the gym from the gym rats trying to steal it?

>fat burning mode
explain

I didn't activate my mayo before drinking so now its not working.

I have absolutely no idea sounds like some bullshit the guy i took it from said.

InsuIin and leptin prevent fat burning. Your body cannot access your fat reserves until they go down.

Glucose also independently prevents have burning via the Randal cycle.

good morning anons continuing to log my weight every morning through april and check in whilst doing OMAD and also purely water fasting anywhere between 24-72 hours occasionally

april 1 - 338.0 lbs
april 2 - 336.8 lbs
april 3 - 335.8 lbs

sticking to OMAD so far with steady loss, probably won't go into any prolonged water fasts until later in the month just to hone my discipline

good luck anons!! have a good day

>Glucose also independently prevents have burning
teach me more oh wise sage

a typical condiment hex should work. something like:

mayo on my sandwich,
mayo in my veins,
curse the bro who touches mine,
with never making gains.

Attached: download.jpg (194x259, 14K)

I put it in a blender bottle, no self respecting scurryrat would dare touch another mans blender bottle, not knowing it contains my tendie mayo

Can you both shut the fuck up please? Where did you faggots come from anyways? Who cares what diet you're doing, as long as you're losing weight is all that matters. /fat/ is probably the most sincere and helpful generals on Jow Forums, please don't ruin it for everyone else.

Attached: 1552533151375.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

your insulin levels aren't on max at all hours
or do you spend every waking moment stuffing sugar in your face

the science sounds plausible but the practicality is shoddy
have you actually lost weight before?

*Glucose also independently prevents fat burning

Typo.

Right, in a fasted state they have returned to baseline. That's why you want to train fasted if you're trying to lose body fat.

diabetes.co.uk/news/2018/jan/drop-in-both-insulin-and-leptin-needed-for-fat-burning-to-occur-90969878.html

M̜ͮ̀â̧̞͈̪̻͚ͪ̑̚y̽ͨͪ͆͂̊o͈͉̜̖̮ ̼̫̬͔̻ẘ̺̙̠̥̤̻̑̈́̋͂a͉͕͑̏ẗ̢̟̭̫̮̠̞́̋͋̑̏̔̚c̡̺̦̰̉ͦͫh̰̺̪̘̩̆̑̓̀ę̭̰̪͈̦͛ͦ̉̎̚s ͮ̽͂̎͢a̭̬̍̾ͪ͊̚̚l͔̞͑̆͊ͪ̒͝ḻ͕ͦ͢
̣̘̬̯̱̙̪ͯ͢h͎̱̹͕̫̏̽̈ͅe̮̘̥̮̹ͧ̚ ̨̃̊͐s̥͉̳̮̪̄ȩ̭͙͎̬͇̌ͭ̔̐ͩ͒ͅe̳̘̦ͭ̌̾͐ͨs̥͉̫̝̖͈͖̀ͬ̍͗͜ ̫̤͎̖͍ͭ̌̋̉ͤ̋́̚a͖̗̥ͫ̊̑̈́ͧ̊͊ļ̦̰͙̫̱̣͖ͩl͖͕̱̳̼̤
̵̤̘̜̱̦̽͑g̹̙̼͌̏ͤͧ̀i͈͚̞̭̙ͣ̿ͣv͔̞̳͔̥͑̂̎̉ͬ͋̕e̞̊͗ͩͭ ̺̯̮͕̕t͚͚̰ͮo̧̮͈̥̣͚ ̧̦ͪͤ͛̄̚y̬͉̗̆͐ͨ̏o̖̪̫̥̰̰̣͑u̼̫̮ͬ̃̒ͤ̇̍ͦ́r̻̭̗̜̈́ͫͩͧ̐ ̨̬͗͆̌̒Mͣ͛̔̓͑͋̈̕a̮͎͔̟ỹ̩̳̙̫̆͗̀o̟̠ͨ̌̈ͬͯ ̼͚̭̯̦̜̜̈́̆̏͗a̐ͮ͒ͅn̰̫͖̻̺ͮ͛͐̈ͯͬd̳̤̬̗ ̗̠̩ͤ͒̽ͮh̹̙̪͕̩̤̹̊͠ȇ̛͇͔̝̹͚̌ ̨̣̣̂͐̽g̪̜͆͋͂͗ǐ̷̙̞v̸̮̠́͋̄̈e͇̬̿ͮͯ͛s̱͕ͨ ̶̭͂̊̏̏̑̾̚i͈͍̘͌̂̋̋̃͊ͅͅñ̫̥ ͎ͨ̾ͪͨṟ̩͎̉ͧ̊eͧ̈̎̓͗̈t̥̬̙̹̘͙̣u̷̫̼͍̿̆̀r̡̻n͖̥͚͙̄̑̈̒̌ͣ͝
̢͉̫̭̱̬t͈͕̮̭̖ͣ̓͗̎͡h̬̿̈͆ͩ̑̇͟e̞̦͊ͩ ̨̇̊̆ͤa͚͊ẅ̥ͭ̐̇̓a̟̬̜̟̣͋̓͗̿̃̿ͧ͡k̵̫͊e̝͍̖̙̼̿̇̔ͯ͗̀n͓͋͐ͩͣ̒i̸̖̱̥̹̪̤͌n͖̳̹̖̯̉̿͒͊̂̋g̫͚͍̻̣̗̬͋̇̐̋͡ ̧̓i̢̳̞̾͂ͨ̉s͔͛ͪ̊̎͞ ͕̬͌̇̒͐ͦc͈͖͈̹o̷͕ͪ̆mͪ̋̂̆̈ͫ͘i͚̬͚͉̟̭͓n̙̗̰̹̝̳̑́ͬ̒ǵ͎̠̗̮͙̱͓
̆ͫ̂̊̈́b̠͚̥̩̼̳͊̎ẻ̱͌̾ͮ͂̚̚͞ ̦̼̠̳̖̇r̼͔͍̜̻e̬͔̙̟a͎̝̽d̰́̈̿̃̏͊̊y̮̣̯̠̮̱͈̐̇̽͝

Attached: fSSh7df.png (500x421, 80K)

and what if you donn't train fasted

You won't lose body fat.

so the energy comes from where

Anyone else inject mayo and insulin straight into the sack? It hurts so much but is the payout worth it?

Attached: 3463472.jpg (302x274, 40K)

Muscle break down.

the muscle eats itself to give energy to the muscle?

thats why you dont gain muscle that way

this is a non-fasted state remember

If your body can't access fat stores it has to get energy from somewhere.

Right. Non-fasted you can't use fat for energy. That means when your glycogen runs out you reach exhaustion or you catabolize muscle.

People trying to lose fat want to train fasted.

I’ve only been posting pic related to warn those who don’t know that responding to the insulin autist specifically will turn the thread into nothing but shit flinging
I tried to word the warning carefully to avoid criticizing any specific type of diet, just warning against others who criticize specific diets
I am more than willing to stop if that is what most people would prefer

Attached: 3836ED8E-1D52-4158-8943-D42399002AB8.jpg (750x475, 200K)

does insulin have an influential effect on the metabolisation of fat? like, anywhere between 0-100%

or is it simply, as you imply, a portcullis that has adequate fat reserves under lock and key, so your body has to look elsewhere

if it's the former then what numbers are we talking
10%? 50?

You are fuckin retarded. you think energy just poofs from nowhere?

fats only purpose is to supply energy
muscles only purpose is to consume energy

why in the name of sam hill would your body ignore it's own gas tank
and why ignore it -after- it's just been filled up?

I just wish we didn't have to argue about what diet we are doing. If more energy is used than enters the body then you lose weight simple as.

Attached: 1546246692144.png (800x800, 271K)

that cannot not be true
some might call it reductive but so is the theory of relativity

metabolism, insulin levels, """starvation mode""" all these rely on this fundamental principal of thermodynamics

if your internet algorithm calculated TDEE gives inconsistent results, then I would suggest pointing the finger at the internet algorithm calculations, and not our understanding of the universe thus far

I agree and I think straight CICO, Keto, and Fasting all work and that people should choose what is best for them
I just object to insulin autist saying things like CICO doesn’t work - but really, the biggest reason is I strongly suspect he just provokes arguments for (You)s and well-meaning people trying to correct him or others trying to insult or shame him only gives him what he wants - this thread already has the start of some arguments demonstrating why I recommend ignoring him - but as I said, I am happy to stop posting the reminder if most people would prefer that

there's a special place in hell reserved for people trying to sabotage others who are looking to improve themselves for their own sake

I wouldn't care if he's offering it as an alternative, but he's straight up saying everything but his holy gospel is sacrilege

I'm very much in favour of giving people the tools they'll need and letting them figure it out, rather than just telling them how they should be doing it

Does weight loss have to be so autistically scientific? Theory of relativity? Just eat less food, eat less junk food like sweets and crisps etc. That's how you lose weight. No need for any intellectual scientific stuff.

Tell me what you can on mayo please

checked.
I did. Was it worth it? In a way it was

Feels good to eat all the bacon and eggs I want and still lose weight.

Only had to cut out toast and orange juice.

None of that tedious calorie counting either.

Attached: baconandeggs.jpg (3371x5056, 1.6M)

I think you mean The Semen of the Gods, right? I find it remarkable that the (((big diet))) industry managed to successfully con people into thinking Mayo was unhealthy, thus directly contributing to all obesity in the world

I even heard there was a study where 1000 people survived for 6 years on nothing but mayo until (((they))) shut the study down over fear they would lose all their profits

>None of that tedious calorie counting either.
Let us know how that goes.

Attached: 4659679.jpg (844x633, 71K)

It seems to be an on/off switch. The levels required would depend on your sensitivity.

No, you just run out of energy. Why do you think fat people are so tired all the time despite carrying around huge amounts of energy stores?

Presumably your body wants to preserve energy stores until you are in a state where you need to go find more food. That's why fasting increases metabolism.

>there's a special place in hell reserved for people trying to sabotage others who are looking to improve themselves for their own sake
Yeah, like the people who are constantly attacking anyone who is losing weight on keto.

People get so frustrated that someone else is getting better results than them without counting calories and without choking down dry rice cakes, steamed veggies, and skinless chicken breast.

Attached: buckets-of-crab.png (1283x660, 1.42M)

Low carb diets WITHOUT calorie counting are more successful than counting calories.

Try it.

How can people be fat?

Literally just water fast until you’ve reached a healthy weight. Let the body burn the fat for energy. You could save so much money on not buying food for months

but muh starvation mode

i need five meals plus snacks

Pass.

How many carbs is considered low carb? We talking 50g a day or like 120g

i work

I see you posting this "buckets of crab" blather literally every day. You need to find another/better analogy to type over and over.

1 carb.

You can work while your body burns your fat for energy

can you idiots STFU arguing about keto, who fucking cares, stop shitting up the thread ffs

50g is low carb
20g is strict Keto

Start off on low carb, count carbs but dont worry about calories for now.

>ate 4 ham-cheese croissants
>feel sick now

>applied for 1st shift manufacturing job
>they call back to schedule interview and say it's 2nd shift
>I've been swindled but I need the job so I agree
>shift is essentially 3-11 so I'll need to rework all of my eating habits
>I've going at 1200cal a day which has lost me 25lbs so far so I know I can live with it
>just need 600cal late breakfast/lunch
>meal plan 600cal for break
>no food when I get home

why did you do this

Attached: 1549810686872.jpg (624x480, 17K)

I was 280 in 2017, 230 in 2018 and now I'm 255 and rising due to excessive beer and grain alcohol drinking

Yea similarly what got me the first time was excessive rum and coke drinking (and the pizza I would eat once drunk didn’t help either)

I was hungry after work

Oddly enough when I was down 100lbs I was doing the craft beer thing like every other Saturday. After 3 you want to stop because money/tastebuds and as long as I avoided stouts I kept my weight down. It wasn't the healthiest weightloss but I was making it work.

Now I don't even drink.

>put on weight over the last few months
>now I have sciatic nerve pain
Should I just kill myself?

>All that arguing
>not just trying not eating sugar

So i just got my first bucket of whey
How do i use it properly? Is it true it will make you gain weight?

Eat it by the spoonful

yes

Morning fatties. Just a reminder that we're all gonna make it.

Fatties will believe anything their favourite brand name sugary treats tells them.

idmprogram.com/why-coca-cola-loves-the-calories-model/

I tried some HIIT I saw on youtube and I was doing 10% of an effort for the last exercises because I was beat as fuck. I think I should do something less demanding but walking got me blisters I don't even know.

Don't worry too much about exercise until you're at a healthy weight.

Weight loss is all diet.

Exercise makes it easier to eat at a defecit

Exercise is great for health but putting your hopes and dreams for weight loss on it is stupid. It will burn a negligible amount of calories.

Just eat healthy. Eating healthy food will naturally bring you to a healthy weight.

in my experience exercise makes me hungrier

Yep. Exercise stimulates hunger and causes less movement during the rest of the day. Studies on school children have shown kids that get more phys-ed have no benefit from it.

The best weight loss strategy takes advantage of your body's natural signals to stop hunger and promote fat burning.

Eating trash right now.

My coworker noticed my weight loss and now today feels good

Switch to straight run or tequila. Make sure you enter each shot’s caloric intake. Need a chaser? Use water. Don’t have enough calories left in you TDEE to eat after you get drunk? /fast/. Besides, that food is just gonna kill your buzz.

Vodka is the least fattening alcohol.

Dry red wine is a reasonable alternative.

I hope you’re at least dumpster diving behind somewhere healthy and not something like McDonalds