Be honest, you were unpopular in school and lifting is a coping mechanism for you, right?

Be honest, you were unpopular in school and lifting is a coping mechanism for you, right?

Attached: tumblr_my0jy1kB6C1riqy1io1_640.jpg (640x960, 79K)

>unpopular
if you have ANY friends, online or not, you dont belong on Jow Forums

And?

I was very popular at school. I just wasn't popular anywhere else

I was also popular in school but father went to jail and it fukd me up living w my shit-tier mom..

It's not exclusive, I was popular in high school. Had a lot of friends, got invited to every party, a lot of guys chased after me but I played too many and then just disappeared when rumors about me started floating around and it got too much.

Now I have nobody except my dog.

Yep.

>female
>popular in highschool
color me _________

roastie pls. You don't belong here.

More or less, yeah

Pretty much

Aw shucks, you found us out.

CLEVER.

Attached: 1553984658739.jpg (750x910, 71K)

Roastie.... out

I was the guy that everyone knew but never belonged to any group
>mfw

Attached: EFCBDAD9-97A4-46F2-BCB9-1FACD8A67AA8.jpg (193x174, 13K)

i used to be a narcissist

A lot of girls aren't that popular in high school. Funnily enough I used to be unpopular myself until I lost weight+ started lifting and turned popular over the last few years

But a lot of other girls who were unpopular starting hating on me and spreading rumors about me, saying I had sex with the whole football team, I got liposuction, I got my breasts done, I do drugs, I'm anorexic etc. It was horrible

Actually I was okay in school until 17-19 when I became very popular. But I was unathletic the whole time.

>tfw all of my friends were like this so we just made our own group
would have invited you brah

Nah, I just hated the fact that I couldn't do a single push up at age 15 or run 100 m without being gassed.

Feel u bro. Same, same same.

I started lifting to cope with my pectus excavatum.

literally don't care. why the fuck are you posting? god I hate women

>9th grade
>Pretty good group of friends, get gf (who would later become a large problem in my life but not until college so different story)
>Tired of being skinny
>Start working out at school gym after class gets out
>Make more friends in the gym, they give good advice (for highschoolers anyway) and are supportive of my goals
>Start to come into my own by senior year
>Large and diverse friendgroup (in interest, not race) participate in a lot of clubs
>Many of them go to the local state school, as do I
>Get along with them, form study groups, meet more people
>Make an effort to show I appreciate their friendship and stay in contact with them after graduation
>Get decent job, people in my workplace are kind and friendly, make friends with many of them
>Sitting in a bar after work recently
>It strikes me that the group of people I was sitting and laughing with is made up of people who befriended me through different stages of my life and liked me enough to make an effort to remain friends despite busy schedules, moves, break-ups, etc.
>Thank them for being great, honest friends to me, some for years and years.
>Friend ribs me for being sappy
>We all laugh
>Go home and go to bed happy

Attached: 1445010133959.png (604x694, 77K)

Sending you love

Based and faggotpilled

this. so yeah op but i dont even lift. im here to shitpost and do calisfag stuff once inna while

You were probably just flavor of the month roastie. We had a LOT of those come around our group.

>It strikes me that the group of people I was sitting and laughing with is made up of people who befriended me through different stages of my life and liked me enough to make an effort to remain friends despite busy schedules, moves, break-ups, etc.
Yeah that didn't happen for me at all. I kept two friends: one is a bitchy girl who is not attractive but she is smart, the other is a total fuckup and a bad friend.

If I actually need a friend I don't have one. I just have one bitch and one unreliable guy. But I've known both of them for over 10 years.

Nope, I started to be the FOTM 2 years before graduation but build myself a loyal following by going to parties, remembering birthdays, flirting with guys just enough (but not too much) so they keep being intrigued. I probably peaked one year before graduation, then I declined a bit but I held my position pretty safely.

I got the most entries in yearbooks and had the most popping social media. (Before I deleted everything and disappeared)

I know I sound like a psycho, but it's hard to put popularity into words.

I hope that changes for you, user.

Yes, I've come to term with it. I wasn't unpopular in a sense that people talk behind my back. I was invisible which is quite astonishing because I was already 6'3 at 16yo

You sound delusional. The true popular gives no fuks about popularity. Mentally did not cross my mind til I stopped being popular and developed Scizoid Personality Disorder basically..
Before that I would just naturally talk to everyone. In like my 1st year of hs I knew everybody. This translated into success in sales after hs.. Now I'm kinda fukd though...

No I just sound insecure (because I was) but it doesn't dispute the reality.

How did you develop SPD though? Hope you will ge tbetter

Yes. Not even joking that is totally true.

I weighed in the 120s in high school. Last year I saw one of the douche jocks that I went to school with at a local bar. He turned into a skinny hipster. He acted like he didn't know me at first and then when he "realized who I was" he said I looked really masculine. Maybe its because I have 40 lbs on him now and he was afraid I'd kick his ass, but honestly it was probably one of the biggest ego highs I've had since starting this journey.

>Inb4 LARP or didnt happen

It's plenty believable, but your immense pleasure at comparing yourself to people who likely haven't thought about you in years is very feminine.

I would just stop reminiscing about the past and any regrets if I were you. Were obviously both in our 20s still and theres still a ways to go before it's all over. You can make wonderful life experiences still..

>How did you develop SPD though? Hope you will ge tbetter
I know I'm being contradictory by telling you but basically father's house was raided bc drug dealer. Went to go live w mom who ran away as a child and was totally removed mentally. Didn't associate w anyone for like 7 years straight. Now I just work night jobs and I want to socialize but it's a fear. Like a very dreadful fear...
I wake up in the middle of the night regularly w panic attacks. I just want to be functional again..

Like theres anyobody in here who was bullied who doesnt constantly think about kicking their bullies ass.

Nice try though faggot.

I was very popular everybody knew who I was but in a fat funny nice guy way.

>I would just stop reminiscing about the past and any regrets if I were you

That's good advice, I try to do it a lot but sometimes late at night or when I feel really shitty some of the sadness/anger comes out again. I just got a bad lust for revenge sometimes. I know it's not healthy and worthless but I can't fully control it.

Also your story sounds awful and I can relate to it. I barely have any friends anymore. A few people from HS I still talk to (barely) but we've totally grown into different ways and I don't enjoy spending time with them anymore.

How will we find new friends?

I was pretty popular, lifting is still a coping mechanism but for my anger

that applies to r9k and not to all Jow Forums boards though

It was at first, but then all the scrawny party faggots started doing it too and got bigger than me, so I quit since I was a dyel and couldn't bear seeing them at the gym, and also the gym bullies

Actually I always half pitied the guy that used to bully me. Son of single mom, poor manlet friendless and honestly dumb. He wasn't strong or anything but he shouted very loud and I felt I had to comply, he would hit me, steal from me. We went seperate ways because school ended but I met him once when we were adults and he complained to me how one should just hook up with whores at a pub and that trying to get to know women was a waste of time. I don't know I think I could see how alone he always was and kind of wanted to be his friend.

probably but who cares anymore

who else here /pagliacci/?
the only people I could feel comfortable around despite my severe autism and awkwardness were a bunch of skinheads and my ex gf.
and I was never the shy kid, always seemed to have acquiantances and actually made people laugh, got invited to parties and shit even though I hated being with these people and shared absolutely nothing with them
feelsbadman

Attached: 55b.jpg (911x1024, 136K)

Personally, the plan is to work at a gym a bit to warm myself up bc I don't really have to say much. Save some $. Join Improv classes. Save more $. Buy a suit and join ToastMasters. Then go into canvassing. Save a LOT of $. Get a sales course(Dan Lok's). Then go into a high-paying commission job.Save $20k and get Dan Pena as a mentor for my business building ideas and go full-force. These years of introspection almost makes me feel like I was living in solitary confinement similar to the story of the Count of Monte Cristo. All I've been doing is reading and writing for the past 7 years.. It's coming to a boiling point rn...

I was the guy who would stay at home on a Friday night and stalk hot chicks' social media from my highschool the next day to see what they posted from the party, oh my life sucks, God I fucking hate women, and especially jews, it's all their fault, we could have been living in the 3rd Reich right now

I was popular but then I dropped out in 11th grade due to a health condition and got depressed
Pic is me from 7th grade, I was a sk8r boi and the private school girls used me to piss off their dads

Whoops

Attached: KIMG1066.jpg (864x1330, 389K)

As for you. I don't know what you do for work..if it's social at all. I'd definitely go into some social job or activity. I know its different for chicks bc of the sex aspect. Is just focus on making friends in women's groups desu and you can always go into canvassing or something like I'm doing. Easy and pays like $18 an hour. No experience.

wasnt invited anywhere but everyone knew me. the worst position imo.

I did start lifting to compensate for a boring life. I got some serious gains but quit because I got bored of the gym, I only went there to not be bored at home.

Lifting was a big, big cope for me, but not like that. I grew up with a very fearful and strict mother. She wouldn't let me go places on my own, and wouldn't let me hang out with friends outside of school until she spent a lot of time with my friends and their parents, judging whether they were a good or bad influence on me. She usually decided they were bad. As a result of this strict social boundary, I ended up giving up on making friends or going outside and just played videogames inside all day. I was a fatass by age nine, my arms looked like tubes of white play-doh, my legs were weak and flabby. The only places she ever trusted me to be on my own was the library and the YMCA, and I was too disinterested in physical activity to go to the YMCA. When I was 14 my parents started an ugly divorce, and my dad didn't move out until it was finalized, so for two years my house turned from being my sanctuary to a tense place full of fighting and hate. I needed an escape, so I finally started checking in to the YMCA. There was a shitty little gym with cardio equipment, some free weights and machines, and a single smith rack. I got to working out without really knowing what I was doing, but I spent as much time in the gym as possible and started doing all my homework at the library to avoid doing it at home. Over the next couple of years I went from a fat autist who cared more about videogames than his grades to a fit an lean teen who finally had good grades and the confidence to interact with girls and Chads. It was a blessing in disguise I guess, I'm kind of glad things turned out the way they did.

>TL;DR, started working out in my early teens to avoid my fucked up home life and get around my insanely strict mother's weird rules. It helped me cope.

is that way my friend. Also check out Jow Forumsbraincels, you'll fit right in.

>Be honest, you were unpopular in school and lifting is a coping mechanism for you, right?

I was, and it was originally a coping mechanism, but it's a blessing in disguise. Being a loser forced me in to self-improvement, whereas the vast majority of the popular kids and normies back in high school are hilariously mediocre now.

Unpopular yea, but coping mechanism nope.

>now i have no one except my dog.
Gave it away. Almost had me

Attached: 1541807359048.png (300x300, 36K)

anonita what were the rumors bout?

Thank you.

>fit
user your level of faggy is showing
user your age is showing

The most based copes I've ever seen

I hate white knighting for roasties but you've reached absolutely irrational levels of woman hate. She didn't even do anything other than imply she was a girl and you're having a full on meltdown lmfao.

Looks like I pass with flying colors.

That's how it started probably, but at this point I just love lifting in itself.

...yes, and?

n-nice larp

she mentioned it above

>>saying I had sex with the whole football team, got lipo, got a boob job, did drugs and was anorexic

No i lift to cope with being fat. If i do it enough while not eating too much I won't be fat anymore.

Motherfucker, this place was created by friends who wanted to do stuff that was bannable on Something Awful (memeing, hentai, etc.) You Jow Forums bitches are just a tolerated byproduct of the shit that happens bere and the anonymous and free nature of the board. You don't belong here or anywhere, garbage person. Fix yourself or go die.

Falling for this shitty bait

Not even sure why “Cope” is a negative word used here.
If a person sees a difficulty in their life, they work to fix it.

That’s more luck of the draw. I had to grind like crazy before I made my current group of good friends. Loneliness sucks tho. I’ve been there and I really hope you can get out

>he says while white knighting
I agree with what you’re saying; just say it in a less white knight faggot way next time

Cope is used negatively by depressed and irrational incels who thinks life is hopeless because of their jawline or whatever and think that doing anything to improve your situation is a vain task.

What's this retarded bullshit i keep hearing about school having literally ANY lasting effect on you after you graduate? I refuse to believe people actually spend a lifetime obsessing about something as meaningless as this lmao....theres just no way!

Attached: 2cbe0446b82a498d804204f79582dffa7b8b1febd2a77a82b8a0330d171418dd.jpg (806x1024, 112K)

>Jow Forums 2019
>fat larping no lifter
pick one

I was a really neutral guy.
Cool but shy and not so popular, the kind of guy girls could kiss during a game but I wasn't the first choice.
I later learnt while discussing with old classmates that they saw me and my friend as actually cool, we had some hearty keks but we were pretty introverted with others so of course we weren't in the cool kids.
Also I lift to be more confident and stop my back pain.

Attached: Chris.png (640x480, 278K)

I lift to pass the curse on to my son. When he's old enough he'll become addicted to picking up heavy objects and drinking gainz potions.

1-4th grade i was popular and bullied others. never got bullied
4-6th grade i was neutral. just played alot.
7-8th grade was literal hell i got bullied the fuck out.
9th grade i got my shit together and wasnt bullied anymore

but the real hell began only later.

Pic related

Attached: Jan_Matejko,_Stańczyk.jpg (2500x1870, 629K)

i wasnt just unpopular . i was invisible .

You suck his dick afterward faggot beta?

based positive poster

shut up faggot

I was basically a drifter and I went to an all male highschool

Attached: image.jpg (588x473, 93K)

>Tfw I occasionally pull off "strong but silent" exterior but am 100% pagliacci inside. Resting bitch face ftw..?

I guess am lucky nobody can see my spaghetti

I was decently popular, I'm just a cyborg who can't maintain intimate relationships of any kind (friends, romantic, whatever). Lifting is a fun hobby that makes me more attractive, which boosts my ability to make money, influence people, etc

Nah in school I was cool for drinking for breakfast later it became a lot less accepted and I needed another distracting hobby.

Attached: 5fa21d1e91332d12.gif (500x269, 1.09M)

WHITE GIRLS FUCK DOGS

I have zero friends from my time when I was younger left. Every one of them stopped contacting me after a while. I usually went ahead and tried to meet them again or do something together but they never did, Never wrote and never called. I think that's what it means if someone doesn't appreciate or doesn't like you. At some point I stopped trying and now I'm left with 2-3 friends I think.

I have friends because I meet people when I lift. Did a pole dancing class yesterday with the girls, and it was a blast. Maybe try talking to people?

>athletic, 3 individual state championships in two sports
>tested 130iq
>8/10 looks
>White
>middle class family
I wasn’t unpopular, but I shared zero common interests with the people who went to my school. Growing up in a poor rural area means people of the same quality. Also got shafted by having an overly Trad family that sheltered me from underage drinking and other forms of degeneracy. Can’t say lifting is a coping mechanism, I just do it for the challenge of bodybuilding and my own self narcissism.

Imagine gatekeeping fucking Jow Forums

>He doesn't browse Jow Forums with his friends

Attached: images (29).jpg (428x280, 13K)