Bad form on bench matter?

I only bring the bar about 1/2 to 3/4 down to my chest. but I still am advancing in strength pretty well. Is this still okay? It just gets too heavy when I go too low. but the way im doing it (3x5) I still add 5 % / week.

Attached: download.jpg (299x168, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleevo.net/the-full-range-of-motion-myth/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1554217575719.jpg (600x449, 48K)

>is it okay if I do it improperly?

>It just gets too heavy when I go too low

so put less weight on the bar and do the exercise properly you fuck

ANYONE who understands a damn thing about lifting will judge you for improperly doing a lift, only a total faggot will judge you for being small and or not doing as much weight as them

I dont want to do less weight though I earned this shit nigga. Maybe Ill keep doing current weight till im strong enough to do it lower. Then you cant say shit.

bro i dont give a fuck what you think or do, im giving you advice on the internet because you asked and responding makes me feel like im helping someone

but the thing about weightlifting is that there are standards in place which are acknowledged by every discipline including bodybuilding, powerlifting, olympic, and even crossfit

and each of those standards includes full ROM on a bench press every time

if you want to half rep a bench and look like a retarded frat boy, knock yourself out. youre doing yourself no favors, just stroking your ego by pretending youre stronger than you are

Should I tuck my elbows in when benching like the dude in OPs pic or should I have my elbows in line with my shoulders(super wide grip)? I hear conflicting advice from people?

> i earned this shit
You didnt earn squat you window licker, you cheated this whole time.

No, don't flare your elbows super wide. Generally shitty for more people's shoulders. Somewhere with the humerus abducted about 45-60 degrees from your body is doing to be the best spot for most people. Some people will do super wide grip in competition to cut ROM, but a lot people don't have shoulder anatomy that allows for that in training.

in line with shoulders is guillotine press, causes pinch in shoulder eventually.

Have fun with a torn pec

>I don’t do the full exercise
>I earned this shit
ah man just give up , thanks for the laugh

>if I train partial ROM my partial ROM strength goes up
>doing full ROM is too heavy
Fucking faggot

>I earned this shit
Kek
>I’ll do this weight until I can do it properly
You’re just a typical ego lifting high schooler aren’t you?

What are your goals?
>A.Increased muscle mass?
or
>B.Lifting X amount
or
C.All of the above
If it's B., then congratulations, it amounts to nothing unless you go full range. If it's A., there's literally no point at all to what you are doing if you use bad form. If it's C., please don't have any children, you are stupid.

my chest looks pretty pumped though. Its definitely adding muscle. how else could I go from 160 to 210 in only one month fool. I could probably do full ROM with 1-2 reps and slowly catch up in a week or two. then I cheated my way using only half the effort. oh look I hacked weight lifting.

>I could probably do full ROM with 1-2 reps and slowly catch up in a week or two. then I cheated my way using only half the effort. oh look I hacked weight lifting
>could probably
You obviously have no clue if you bothered starting the thread in the first place. We answered your question, but by all means, keep feeding into your delusions of improvement. I'll however, continue making actual gains in the gym

i see two options here. 1: you're trolling. 2: you're actually this retarded.
either way, ngmi.

70 % of ROM = 70 % of the muscles. your belief you have to do 100 % or nothing shows your black and white thinking. never argue with your intellectual superiors fool.

i miss when trolling was funny and not depressing

oh look a professional body building site saying the partial ROM adds muscle too
muscleevo.net/the-full-range-of-motion-myth/

apologize :)

Says the guys who "half reps" 210 lbs. I bet you're even rounding up on your ROM and it's actually closer to 40-45%.

that article is shit and that person is an idiot

You could probably bench 900 lbs if you cut the ROM all the way and left the bar on the hooks.

Jeoehtjfk

It depends on your body. If you have long arms and a shallow ribcage, its best not to lower the bar all the way to your chest because it will put your shoulders into a compromised position increasing the chances of injury.

Those big barrel chested power lifters with short arms can easily touch their chests without their shoulder joint at excessive angles, and everyone sucks their cock and says how strong and amazing they are.

Attached: pushing-e1363820060377.jpg (500x281, 42K)

It does add muscle. However if you keep half repping exclusively one day you'll have a really heavy weight, it'll slip past the rom where you have strength and you'll get pinned. Plz have a spotter if your going heavy doing this,. Don't want u dead bro.

If your not trolling then you're actually retarded. Do the lift properly or fuck off.