Is water fasting a bad way to lose weight?

Is water fasting a bad way to lose weight?

Attached: CE2FA2F2-CDF7-4BE7-B028-B01764D94AA7.jpg (564x564, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

snakediet.com/getting-started
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Very. It fuck with your basal metabolic rate, and you will get fat doing things like that, and eventually it will be fatness or anorexia.

Anorectics are actually not fasting
They snack on shit like ONE MANDARINE PER DAY CMON
that burns their muscles like motherfucker and combined with massive caloric deficit they look like this

Bump

Attached: 9DF8C06D-2DB8-4415-A796-BF12191A7078.jpg (698x698, 142K)

Since fasting almost always leads to binging on everything out of hunger, or simply returning back to your normal food/calorie intake (which makes you rapidly gain back all the weight), would you say restricting is the best bet?
So, eating less (but still eating stuff, just very low calorie things or one meal a day) combined with exercise.
Would this be an efficient way to lose weight?

You will lose muscle and fat very fast but your metabolism is going to be fucked so when you start eating again you're just gonna gain it all back.

Don't do it, it's retarded.

Oof.

Is psmf a better alternative?

Who is she?

But the science actually says that fasting leads to less metabolic adaptation than regular caloric restriction diet.

The science shows that fasting leads to less metabolic adaptation and more muscle retention than regular caloric restricting diets.

Fasting is retarded just do IF

>when retards talk about shit they've never done.

Attached: pants.jpg (480x360, 33K)

Had a friend who is fat, he claimed he did a water/juice fast for 30 days. He lost a lot of weight apparently but when I met him 3 months after the fast he was the fattest ive ever seen him.

>metabolism

Lmao ok mom don’t you have some kids to go take to school?

Every way is a bad way to lose weight. Permabulk like a man.

can you link a study pls so that I can use it

fasting helped me get from permanent fatass to permanently in the 12-15% range. I lost 2-3lbs a week easily by doing a 36 hour fast Monday-Tuesday and then eating maintenance the rest of the week.

This is why I can’t recommend fasting to anybody especially on fucking Jow Forums. Even if there’s a million studies proving its benefits, most people lack the discipline and wisdom to do it properly. They’ll become anorexic or bulimic or end up binging or otherwise fucking their body up some way. Not worth whatever paltry % gain you get from doing it right. Just restrict your calories and be lean.

Guide to fasting by Dr Fung. It's all cited

*48 hour fast. So I would fast from Sunday night (bowl of ice cream usually) to Tuesday night (low carb high protein meal, usually chicken) then eat normally the rest of the week.

The whole time I did this, my cravings to binge eat were non-existent. Conversely, when I tried restricting to ~2500 calories a day I was an uncontrollable monster of eating

I agree, I have been doing The Warrior Diet for 6 years now mostly because i'm a lazy fuck and I like having a routine so it just worked. I have been recommending fasting to a lot of friends but not anymore.. people misunderstand everything and ruin it by not exercising or eating too little.

To be fair, after 10 years working out I just never recommend shit to anybody I know, I just tell them to go to a doctor.

Correct. "Just eat 300 calories less every day bro" fucks with your BMR, water fasting raises your BMR.

>Is water fasting a bad way to lose weight?
Not at all.
snakediet.com/getting-started

Fasting is a practice in christianity and all the prophets didn't die from a 40 days water fasting. So you can do a 3 days fast.

Attached: cute.jpg (960x870, 32K)