/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

Reminder that if you aren't at 500/350/585 at 200-240 lbs in 3-5 years, you're either not trying, or you're in the wrong hobby.

Attached: volem.png (1200x1200, 534K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UrUw58Kju8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First

Reminder to start having kids ASAP

Protip to literally not be a gde. Nice.

>Reposting with vid (168) because somehow actually lifting is unbelievable:
I'm competing next weekend and then have another meet 10 weeks after. Been running sheiko forever (>sheiko) but should probably do something more peaking-focused for the 10 weeks. Any suggestions?
Should be hitting 257.5/172.5/277.5 @ 93 at the meet next weekend

Attached: bench.webm (720x1280, 2.46M)

drug history, manlet?

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

Attached: NeverKnowsBest.webm (720x480, 202K)

None, still in USAPL

>people in the usapl dont use drugs
lying, cheating, roiding, manlet.

why do James Strickland and Julius Maddox go out of their way to claim natty when its obv not true. just dont say anything

lol imagine being so btfo

>roiding for a 700 total
Come on chief I'm just asking for a program suggestion not claiming to be better than anyone
ebin

It's thursday on thursday we rest

>p-p-please believe me, I'm 100% natty

Now post bloods

>WAWTT
pulled 200kg amrap and got 9, then did some meme bodybuilding stuff
>WAWET
chicken and rice and a jar of pb. dont have any money left for groceries but Im going home for the holidays and my mammy and da will cook for me :)
>WAWLTT
cringe AMVs lol
>WAWFT
a bit depressed but also happy. confusing desu

Attached: pepe.gif (840x488, 511K)

I have a friend, we'll call him Yon, he's married, mid to late 20s, and a homeowner. He tells me he doesn't want kids yet because he doesn't want to "waste his youth". It's like, nigga you're not in your youth anymore.

Sheiko competition prep my dude

I do not have the lizardbrain for family, kids, friends. Literally no reaction whatsoever to such ideas and never wanted any of them.

You want my SSN while you're at it?
That's what I'm currently running but its just one long taper after the max day

Attached: blood.png (451x351, 20K)

Training history?

Strickland doesn't claim to be natty dumbass

I recommend running ph3 after sheiko

Is there a bigger waste of space for powerlifting than this worthless piece of shit?

Attached: 250px-Tibia_-_frontal_view.png (250x250, 38K)

no, ruins both of your lower body lifts.

Doesn't dying alone kind of startle you?

By max day are you referring to the skills test?

I'm not ready for that. Kids are exhausting and sticky.

>not training Tue/Thu/Sat so you can have fewer sessions after work
Why aren't you doing WHATEVER IT TAKES?

>training
Incline DB curl, pinwheel curl, seated calf raise, seated leg curl, hack squat.
>eating
Same shit, different day.
>listening
Sad music because sad.
>feeling
My family is tired of me being single, and they're starting to try to play matchmaker. It's humiliating and frustrating.

I don't see LH or FSH.
HE'S ON CRUISE BOYS.
Don't forget to attach your rear glute spread when you post your SSN.

Attached: AutisticShrieks.jpg (323x326, 16K)

literally does. he posted about it today and has multiple times in the past

But I work on saturdays.

~8 years now starting with SS for way too long when I'd injure myself and reset from the bar with slightly better form, madcow, 5/1/3 for a couple years, 3d sheiko for the past 3 years probably. I tend to aggravate my knees and shoulders if volume is too high

>inb4 the same guy who accused me of blasting tren now tells me I'm a failure for having these lifts after this long

pretty sure I actually tried that hot garbage for a few weeks in undergrad, the only thing I gained was body odor

No, also missing reaction to that. I've lived alone for 12 years.

Oh, I see. I assumed a Mon-Fri job, but your schedule is different. You can ignore my comment.

>T
bench AMRAP 87.5%, 9x5 75%, close grip 4x10, dips 4xF (F stands both for failure and for fuckall)
deadlift 5x3 80%, 4x4 75%, short ROM back extension 7x5
zercher shrug 4x50

>E
Shitloads of chicken thighs, haven't yet chosen how exactly to cook then

>LT
Dr Hook

>F
Tired as fuck, I slept like 3 hours tonight and everything feels totally fucked and I'm coughing constantly and my throat is on fire

oh nevermind that was PHAT which must have been a precursor
I'll get right on that
I just use the sheiko app because I'm too lazy to read the actual programs, it's got a 1 rep at "90, 100, 105%" max out day in the first week of the competition cycles. I don't know if that's what he refers to as a skill test

Only a roider would have bloods ready to post. Confirmed

This was honestly my first thought.

We have to pay the stupid student fees to access the student health center anyways, might as well blow them on free blood panels. I also got my 25-OH D and regular salt panels done

Who actually has their bloods done unless they are a roider? And this could be from before roiding or after a cycle.

haven't posted here in half a year and just wanted to check in, i've put 100lbs on my total since then; used a lot of tips from tripfags and anons. another year and i think i'll be finally respectable

youtube.com/watch?v=UrUw58Kju8U

hope everyone's smashing it out there

that's all from yesterday where i did a mock meet, planning on competing in the next two months maybe

I saw sumo in the preview and didn't bother watching.

see Obviously it is impossible for anyone to conclusively prove they have never roided in their life, but I also did not come here to brag
>check deez natty lifts bruhs
I'm unironically just asking for a program since I'm not familiar with everything that's out there. Even if I was roiding, I passed the one USAPL piss test I've ever taken, so who cares

You were pretty smug when people asked to post your lifts though.

Do PH3

Okay bros, I've been a skinnyfat DYEL for two years now. I hate this and I can't stand having this body anymore. What program should I do to finally get out of this mode? Thanks in advance.

Attached: a2ed8b20cc6cbcb18038a4e9d52e11d50a1b438a830eb9b2cb6fbb65cc8c8e4b.jpg (255x247, 17K)

cut until you're lean then slow bulk for the rest of your life, post body

there's no way anyone shitposting about a mid-tier competition bench like it's unbelievable are going to give me decent advice anyways, they can get b8ed if they want
>do PH3
I wonder what layne is up to these days anyways

Hey, im thinking of adding an additional day to madcow , im gonna do powercleans and more overhead pressing that extra day, maybe some meme ab and arm work.
Is that a good move to make for someone that doesnt really powerlift but really wants to increase his ohp?

The madcow progression method for the main lifts is really incredibly good so im gonna use it for both bench and ohp.

Current lifts are 165/255/370/420 at 165bw

just got dino yay

Attached: dinosaur.gif (451x75, 21K)

I have hearing loss so I have to ask people to repeat themselves often, but when I do they look at me like I just shot their fucking dog and dont repeat themselves

Fuck off sean

Whats the point of powerlifting when natty?
You won't be beating anyone and will most likely look like shit

youll beat other nattys and how you look literally doesnt matter

Le dinner is redy

Attached: IMG_20190404_213645.jpg (2966x2386, 2.32M)

But you don't know if the other guys are natty or not because there is no way to tell.
"tests" can be easily cheated

youll know theyre natty when you obliterate their total

If you are a natural lifter, then getting stronger is the best way to look like you lift. Competing allows you to measure your progress and keeps you accountable.

95% of top-level lifters are not obese. Most guys who are competitive and train hard are at respectable body fat levels.

If you think they are not good enough looking, go back to Grindr

so anyone i beat is natty but anyone i dont is roiding?

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1525986507639.png (270x344, 52K)

I want to get bigger faster
>inb4 just lift more
My lifts are going up very slowly I don't want to wait them.
What exercises for size should I be doing?
Just wanna be a big bear

anyone you beat is natty

anyone that beats you may or may not be natty but you should act like theyre natty anyway and then obliterate them next meet

Powerlifting is really gay. So much ROM coping. I do think the big 3 and powerlifting programs are good for strength training though.

Which ones for intermediates

fix your squat

Someone post the list for this kiddo.

whats wrong with it

Wait, found it

Approved Intermediate Programs for PLG

>Bro Tier (trying hard, having sex, loving life required)
5th Set (late intermediates)
5/3/1 (read Beyond or Forever)
Westside for Skinny Bastards
Madcow Intermediate (best for early intermediate)
Destroy the Opposition (J. Lewis)
Cube Kingpin
The Cube (+ Predator)
Conjugate (best in a good gym)
Spotoshot (bench only)
Texas Method 4-day Split Model from PPST.
Juggernaut Method 2.0 (a more periodized 5/3/1)

>Nerd Tier (must have IQ higher than bodyweight in kg)
RTS Generalized Intermediate
RTS Emerging Strategies
Nuckols Average to Savage
Nuckols 28 Free
GZCL (any variation)
TSA 9 Week
Blevins Skynet AI ($, but cheap)

>Meme Tier (might work if you love memes)
Candito 6 Week
Texas Method 3-Day
Texas Method Trappy Version
Sheiko
The Bridge
Smolov Jr.
Bulgarian/Bugenhagen Method
Heavy Light Medium (not a program, just a loose DUP template).
Slavic Swole
nSuns 5/3/1 (written by a 1200 total Redditor)
Hepburn (8x2-3s)

>Retard Cuck-Tier
PH3 (need a tourniquet to choke yourself, and it has a 100% injury rate)

*all of these programs work (except PH3), but the effort and attitude of the athlete is most important

You're doing very quad dominant highbar with thumbless grip, high frequency/volume on that type of knee foward back squat is recipe for knee pain

someone post ripped isley vs peak performance isley to prove this cunt wrong

if you could only know what Isley eats and how often he drinks alcohol
I cant remember one night I played with sober Isley other than him being sick and on antibiotics

complete fucking bullshit what are you even talking about

Where do I find the Texas Method 4-day Split Model from PPST or Spotoshot

>played
can I play with you guys? What game you play?

how can he drink so much and still have gains?

t. somebody that never squatted 5pl8
yikes, even highbar gods dont squat breaking at knees first like Bryce or Clarence

say that to all the weightlifters

Just Google "(name of program) download anonfile" and it might be there.

Attached: 1549732917370.jpg (2112x692, 394K)

Apex and Cuisnie Royale, sure

>he thinks that drinking will eternally btfo you

>Texas Method 4-day Split Model from PPST
>from PPST
gee I dunno maybe from the PPST-book, fag

Faggot

How the fuck was I supposed to know there was PPST book you fucking nerd?

Okay what's your apex name? I play in EU

since when weightlifters are all quad dominant in back squat? Im just saying to break at hips and knees same time, he being all knee doesnt even squat highbar deep

WeMustFly we play eu too

>How the fuck was I supposed to know there was PPST
Because there are only like two or three books that you need to read to understand everything we need to know about weight training, and that's one of the important ones

okay well I never read any book
list the 2-3 best books you are talking about

mmmmmmmm yummy

Attached: IMG_20190404_212356.jpg (313x167, 12K)

Isnt that clarence?
>posts guy who squats more with hips beacuse he btfoed his knees squatting like that and now his highbar is just like lowbar

Yes. I wasn't the one arguing with you. I just like his yummy quads.

Starting strength, practical programming for strength training, and then either super training, 5-3-1 2nd edition, Jamie Lewis's book, Boris sheiko book, or whatever specialty literature makes your dick hard

Based.

Wish I wasn't so awkward around ladies. :( I really want make my own family.

Is there a point in reading ss now that Im not a beginner anymore? Do I just read ppst?

Have WHITE children. Not some mutts doomed for a life of suffering.

Oh god. Are quads like this possible natty?

Does belt thickness (10 and 13 mm) matter if you are under 100 kg aka not large person.

Yes. 13 mm is more supportive but if you're a twinkshit or just short then it might not be possible to use it without discomfort.

It's not like you wouldn't learn something from it, but as long as you have a good grasp of the lifts and a fundamental understanding on how to drive progress you should be fine

Gotcha. Gonna order myself Brahma belt (almost 150 euros here in Europe without shipping :( ) so I was wondering if Longhorn or Toro would do same job.

10 mm belts are more comfortable and easy to break in. You really don't need a 13 millimeter belt if you're only squatting four plates

I bought a 30usd 13mm single prong belt and that shit is literally indestructible. You don't need a fucking 150 euro belt. what a gigantic faggot

Where do I find such a belt in the EU

Alright brother, just playing safe when it comes to it