Can you get fit on a fullbody routine 3 times a week? Or do you need a PEEH PEEH EHLL split

Can you get fit on a fullbody routine 3 times a week? Or do you need a PEEH PEEH EHLL split

Attached: 1551558737407.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

Yes, but at some point you'll have to add more volume per muscle group and unless you can do 2 hours long fullbody sessions you'll have to split your training.

I do em 2 hours 3 times a week

Attached: 1554102099625.jpg (612x890, 164K)

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

Gym on kitty

3 times for 2h gave me by far the best results

GYM ON, CATBORN.

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

Gym on, Catborn

GYM ON, CATBORN!

But the sticky tells me 3 sets of 3 different workouts 3 times a week is enough to get me strong?

But 2 hours fullbody is unironically based.

this was not joke post btw, i was planning on starting this routine monday, will it not work?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 10.51.30 AM.png (808x510, 90K)

It will.
Be aware those sessions will take longer than you think.

GYM ON, CATBORN

Posted in another thread but here i am.
6’0” 185lbs. On Gslp
OHP: 125lbs
Bench: 205
Squat: 150
DL: 255
Row: 145
Chins: +25
Do I need to add more volume? I’m homegym so I ive got a power rack and an ez bar to work with.
Also about diet, should I be eating maintenance or cutting/or bulking?
Truly confused about programming and why I’ve looked the same/lifted the same for months

Attached: 125E4438-5ABB-464C-B8DF-DA739F049CBA.jpg (1865x2077, 625K)

Just workout you look extremely average

Ok let me rephrase this. What should I be doing to look above average

Bruh if you're stuck it's time to stop LP and hop onto an intermediate program.
Mostly that means more volume, yes, and also some periodization. Alternate a strength program with an hypertrophy program.

For me, I was stuck after doing a shitty PHUL, and I started a 12 weeks strength program with long recoveries (5 mn between sets) and my strength is improving again.

GYM ON, CATBORN

Yep. Currently going to the gym every 3 days and seeing results. I do at least 2 hrs of lifting and then ideally 30 mins of cardio.

Just have a schedule that works for you. If you have the time for a long session do fullbody if you want to spend less time and go more frequently do a split. In the end you are going to spend close to the same total amount of time lifting if you are putting in the effort and hitting everything correctly.

GYM ON, CATBORN

yes.
PPL is inefficient

>full body 3x per week
= 3x per week body part frequency/only 3 days in gym

>the virgin PPL
=2x per week body part frequency/6 days in gym, no adequte rest

upper lower/push pull
is ppl but only 4 days, and better for recovery

3x full body is only shit, if upper body volume is limited for lower body. I really dont think you need to squat 3x per week. 2x is more optimal, wont stall as fast, can use the extra recovery for upper body lifts

Volume and frequency are nonexistent here. This routine will not give you gains. Ever.

ie
full body

day 1
bench = chest/triceps/shoulders/lats
squats = legs/core/back/hips
rows = core/back/legs/hips/forearms/arms
etc....

day 2
press = shoulders/chest/triceps/core
deadlift = back/forearms/legs/core/hips
chins = back/arms/chest/core/triceps/forearms
etc..

day 3
same as day 1

etc....

this gives 3x frequency per week for each 'bodypart"

with rest days in between

PPL
Push 1:
chest/triceps/shoudlers
if ohp = core

Pull 1:
legs/back/core/hips/arms

Legs:
legs/back/core

etc

see the other issues with recovery?

A/B split 6 days a week is objectively the most effective, if you actually understand all the established science regarding muscle growth. Every muscle targeted is hit 3x/week, which has been proven most effective overall for most goals by countless studies time and time again. Workouts can be kept short enough to maintain more intensity than full body(again, proven more effective than longer, less intense workouts), but still with more frequency than PPL. PPL and body body EOD both still work, but an A/B split is more effective. Best when done with variations of each lift, and when you incorporate different rep ranges from time to time like with HST.

I.E.
>2x15-20 for 2 weeks for joints and tendons
>2x8-12 for 0-4 weeks for hypertrophy
>3x5 or 5/3/1 for 2-6 weeks for strength
How long to do each range depends on goals. Each cycle should be 6-8 weeks. Then take one week off to give any lingering injuries and lagging tendons time to heal, and repeat. You wl not lose any strength from one week off, two is pushing it though. Currently doing A1/B1/A2/B2/A3/B3/x and it's been more effective than anytning else I've ever tried for breaking plateaus, avoiding injury and resolving lingering joint and tendon pain. It sounds complicated at first, but using an app like strong makes it easy to track once you have it set up.

what does A/B mean ?

how to improve it?

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

I should probably stay on a full body routine 3 times a week. I can't even Squat 1 plate yet but I can bench more than I Squat

You can start by getting a program that doesn't have you doing only one of the big five for more than six sets a week.

Seriously, you need ten sets per body part per week to see gains--at absolute minimum. More ideally, you would be doing twenty.

This routine will only work if you're an absolute beginner who doesn't even have the basic knowledge and coordination to do the exercises, and even then you won't be gaining any actual muscle.

can other anons confirm?

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

>you need ten sets per body part per week to see gains

I don't agree with this. 10 sets of 1 rep each won't get you near the "gains" that 5 sets of 5 reps will. Progressive overload matters much more than set/rep scheme. People make progress on programs like Greyskull that only have you doing roughly 6-9 sets per week per body part.

GYM ON, CATBORN

Attached: 1554153886219.gif (400x467, 120K)

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

Can i get biceps like these without ever isolating biceps?

Yes, now just go and find out yourself.

What routine for that body? Ppl?

FBW is good if you're on a tight time schedule and want to stay moderately healthy/fit.
If you want to get stronger at specific lifts or target a specific muscle group, you need to modify PPL towards your needs.
I'm doing a weighted calisthenics version of PPL.
No fucking way you're getting in heavy weights on FBW, unless you're juicing or a genetic freak with superior regeneration.

>impying geralt is natty

Gym on, Catborn

GYM ON, CATBORN

You forgot the accesories

Do people actually need a whole day or 2 just for legs? I've found squats and calf raises to be great without need for anything else.

You can just do the superior push/pull, where you do some leg work scattered across the days.

Instead of splitting your whole body into three groups like PPL, split into two groups, and make several variations for both. Don't do the same shit on every day. For chest I alternate between bench, dumbell press, incline, and cable crossovers. For legs I alternate front/back squats + calf raises on A, and diddly variants/lunges on B. For back + biceps I alternate between standing DB curls, hammer curls, and occasional cable variants for the increased ROM. My shoulders used to be fucked up so I do rotator cuff work three days a week, OHP twice, incline once, and I work rear delts/traps/scapulas on my B days with face pulls, rows and lat pulldowns while leaning back. It's much easier to visualize if you use a spreadsheet, I'd post the full routine if I had it on me. I originally did this because I hate having a dedicated leg day, but I don't mind doing one or two leg exercises every day. It works out really well. My workouts never get boring doing this, it keeps me looking forward to going to the gym every day, and best of all I can't remember the last time I had an injury.

Attached: 1553799983192.gif (360x360, 3.52M)

It will work fine. They take 35-45 minutes.
Ignore this retard. 3x5 and 5x5 programs are popular becuase they are simple and they work.
Use pic related. It's almost the same, but it has guidelines to account both for stalling and for faster progression. If you feel the routine is neglecting certain muscles, simply add them in.
Again, ignore this poster. He is either shitposting or is legitimately retarded.
There has been much research on resistance training it amazes me people still try to argue proven facts:
>frequency
You can gain strength and size working the same muscle once a week. Twice a week is clearly more effective. Many studies suggest three times a week is often slightly better still.
>sets
Same thing. One working set is enough to make some gains. Two is generally better. There is some evidence to suggest three is even better, especially for more highly trained athletes. Beyond three sets you're usually just burning more calories and impeding recovery.
>Reps per set:
20+ endurance
15-20 for lactic acid buildup for joint/tendon/ligament health
8-12 or 45-60 seconds time under tension for hypertrophy
1-5 for strength
As long as your overall weekly volume of weight moved is increasing from week to week, you will see gains in these categories above depending on the rep ranges you train in. This is basically all you need to know to make your own program. You're welcome.

Oh and anything outside of 0.55-0.85g protein per lb of lean mass is a fucking meme unless your on a defecit. Then upwards of 1.2g/lb has benefits.

Attached: 1551221288424.jpg (800x689, 151K)

Fullbody routines are sorta a meme. I did one for a few months and saw some decent strength gains but not really any aesthetic gains. I switched to PPL.

GYM ON, CATBORN

Here's an example of a variant with some accessories. Meant to post this originally.

Attached: greyskull.png (700x600, 19K)

GYM ON, CATBORN!

Attached: 45314515.jpg (960x758, 146K)

thank you user

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN

GYM ON, CATBORN