/fat/ - Overheating Brain Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For amply proportioned anons who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous:

Attached: 36E50352-602B-4DD5-BC2B-E1CA9A2F29E0.png (762x754, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xqUO4P9ADI0&
healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Time to confess my son

Attached: 16C809BF-D5F8-40A6-834E-988937707987.png (1229x1160, 58K)

I ate a carb today

Personal Recommendation to ignore InsulinAutist as he feeds off the (You)s he receives
The best insult is less effective than ignoring him IMO

Attached: F457F8A9-CEFF-4C43-8E9F-07F1C5FD56C0.jpg (750x621, 309K)

not been seeing any weight loss (28 BMI) despite counting calories for a month and lifting 3x a week so i decided to fuck it and eat at maintenance calories for the past week :/
the only thing i can see is my muscles getting visibly bigger

>No weight loss (BMI)
>Muscles getting bigger
user, that's a good thing. Muscle is denser than fat. BMI doesn't tell apart fat/ muscle so it's just a weight/height ratio and not a composition ratio.

Whats a refined sugar?

Attached: 1553299783193.png (801x527, 62K)

I am hoping I will be able to GIMP together some actual images this Sunday for this so it looks better than a shitty phoneposted warning

Do you see yourself getting leaner? If you do, that's the best possible results. You're actually losing fat and gaining lean mass at the same time. Keep at that shit.

>hoodie weather ending soon

Attached: c4e1667d8a16eddf61f572ba4848eef7.png (631x624, 106K)

I was a turbo fat, I'm talking 400+ when I stopped stepping on a scale and I went way past that. Made it all the way down to 210, I got too 1/2/3/4, I was feeling great. Then I fell off the wagon and now I'm 310 and I Jsut want God to kill me

Every time I hit 201 something snaps in my brain and I go on a bender. Hit it a week ago and now I'm back up to 205. Ive been struggling with this for 2 month now. Forgive me pudgy padre.

How do you guys divide/plan gym time? I did some lifting before an hour of cardio and I think I'm going to do .5 hour lifting and 1 hour cardio from now on and if I have the energy 1 hour lifting 1 hour cardio.

Attached: image0.jpg (639x618, 43K)

I started my fitness journey today but I cracked ten minutes ago and ate a dozen oreos

Attached: 1553510396568.png (555x652, 309K)

Can this truly be 17% bodyfat as all my measurements say? i think i look around 23+%.

Also 0.7kg left until im 15kg down.

Attached: 1111fatass.png (337x461, 206K)

1.5 hour of lifting, 0.5hour of cardio when I need to cut seriously.
Do as much lifting as you can, more benefits in the long run.

Guys it’s happening. 3 months of PPL and I’ve been getting stronger/slimmer but weight still stayed at 210. The recomp is cool but I want to lose pounds off the scale. Switch to tracking every.single.calorie I eat, switched to oatmeal twice a day with chicken/potatoes or brown rice for dinner/lunch. Lost 6 pounds off the scale in 3 weeks PLUS still gaining noob strength gains. We’re all going to make it bruhs

i don’t think that’s 17%. but keep up the good work, we’re rooting for you

None to report father, have been eating well under TDEE and will be expending a fair amount of calories due to family moving.

i ate 2600 calories yesterday, but i also went to the gym, so i think yesterday was roughly maintenance day

maintenance days every now and then are useful, right Father?

What would you estimate it at? I have had someone measure me multiple times so it is correct and the navy body fat and multiple others say 17% with my stats but i honestly doubt it i look way fatter..

slightly higher, about 21-22%.
keep in mind im just a random fat retard on Jow Forums and not a physiology expert though

My 3-points measurement say 17% BF and I look like this, albeit with more fat on the chest and less on the belly.
Anyway, I use it more for checking that I really lose fat over the weeks than a target.

[spoiler]And a fucking eczema outbreak atm[/spoiler]

Attached: derp.jpg (2240x2972, 858K)

How is this even possible, will i really have to go full skeleton 7% bodyfat to not look fat?

Ate gummy bears today

I made it fit into my 1500 calories though so it's ok

At least you know how to do it now.
I am in a similar boat. Lost a lot of weight in college (275 -220) and got strong. Gained it all back over the years.

Was 285 after Thanksgiving, and 228 this morning. It is so much easier the second time.

Is there any good very low calorie option for chips and dip?

For the same BF, the overall look will depend a lot of your amount of muscle, of the way your fat is distributed on your body.
Started to get shit done in Jan 18' and to lift seriously on April 18', but chest is the only part on which I don't have decent progresses, both in shape and in performances.

Doing vaccum also help to keep the space taken by your guts "naturally" under control, it look way worse when I go full beer belly mode after a good meal and a few beer.

Attached: ChestWeakling.png (1261x555, 67K)

I hope my man, I can't believe I let this happen

Nigga why'd you have to bring up my crack addiction

Attached: large_c803bd10-4ffe-414b-a50e-4e2ce623f8e4.jpg (600x600, 47K)

good
plenty of iron

Attached: IMG_20190219_142136.jpg (1278x719, 59K)

I've been doing cico for a bit over month now. 90,1kg to 83,1kg now. So a bit over 1kg per week and I've been eating approximately 1100-1200kcal a day and 160-180g of protein.

Attached: paino nykyinen.png (621x266, 11K)

steeper deficit but same results, and I'm bigger than you
guess I've been wasting the effort

Well I'm doing powerlifting 5x per week now.

My protein jar has around 22 grams of protein per 1 scoop (91 kcal) and it recommends 3 scoops a day

How many should i take?

I weighed the same weight this morning and the past 2

Attached: 1546660841409.jpg (535x577, 42K)

Why can I feel full eating 500 calories of trash, but if I eat 1000 calories of something healthy I'm still hungry and craving trash?

You are forgiven, but we know you can do better.
Leave this holy place, you are unwelcome here.
You are doing the Lords work, Father is pleased.
Its a poor, weak man who rationalizes his failures. Repent for your sins and try harder.
Cutting out all temptations only leads to failure. Learn from this one, he is wise beyond his years.

Attached: c30.png (1000x1091, 141K)

Because you're broken. Give it time and your body will adjust back to being normal, and you'll feel full on good foods while junk will do nothing. Also, don't confuse "feeling full" with a sugar rush.

So you're saying I have to wear a shirt in public now?

Attached: 1551837757081.png (500x500, 45K)

I started getting hemorrhoids so I'm eating vegetables again for the first time since childhood for fiber/etc.

I was happier when I was on 1500 calories of junk food a day, I'm never full since I only have enough room for like 500 calories of junk a day.

I'm guessing it's just fat/sugar addiction, you're probably right about it eventually getting easier but it's fucking hard going to sleep when my stomach demands junk.

Just posting one more time, but has anyone tried Konjac noodles? They are only 25 calories and have 6g of carbs and 6g of fiber per 210g serving and was curious what you guys thought of them

Attached: f28d93a4900b1373061fa6b6f49a6bab.jpg (236x236, 21K)

i been cutting so hard my lifts are getting weaker. i can barely flat bench 35 lb dumb bells for 3 sets of 10 now when i used to do 45's no problem. I cut so that I can be a cute boy maybe some day. also i weigh myself naked to cheat the scale.

>not weighing yourself on the moon

I tried them once. The texture is somewhere between a noodle and a vegetable. Properly rinsed, I did not find them to have a bad smell/taste. Maybe I'll give them another shot, dunno if my grocery store carries them though.

Imagine NOT utilizing OMAD to still have a big fatass meal and lose weight. You would have to be a complete idiot to do anything else.

Slow releasing energy
Its better to eat 500 cal and be satisfied for 4 hours than eat 500 cal of shit and hungry again in an hour.

These are perfectly palatable (if you can deal with a rubbery texture) since they don't taste of anything, but they WILL give you diarrhoea. Decide for yourself if the low-cal factor is worth it.

Longkou brand vermicelli (pic related) is pretty good if you want something that doesn't mess with your digestion, each 50g serving is only about 140kcal.

Attached: 14_0.jpg (695x695, 348K)

I get it. I spent like 6 months moping around at 285 mad that I got that way.

It was a waste of time.

Don't make the same mistake.

Not touched a weight, tracked a calorie or said no to food in last 3 weeks. I think I'm depressed but I don't really care

i ate a whole bag of candy corn today

You care a little or you wouldn't have opened the thread and typed this reply

how big was the bag

Attached: 1553177607815.jpg (570x718, 125K)

Can this be why i look so extremely fat at 17% bodyfat according to navy calculator?

Attached: Screenshot-2015-07-19-19.20.04-e1437325861799.png (1359x768, 1.05M)

8 servings of 140 calories. I'm still under maintenance so I guess there's that

Thanks for the replies, I heard that they had a sort of fishy smell when you opened the package and was wondering if it made it to the pasta. I may try them just to see what's up, they are definitely pretty pretty pricey for me as they are $3.97 per container. Yeah 25 calories is not worth shitting all of the time for, I'll look into the Longkou brand vermicelli, thanks anons

>1120
>Still under
Did you eat air the rest of the day?

I had breakfast (~500), then binged them and skipped dinner.

Was hoping to be under 240lbs when I do my weigh-in today, but I got on the scale and i’m still 241.

Calculators can't tell you your body fat. You need calipers, water immersion, or DEXA to have a decent idea. The scales that measure electrical resistance in your body are garbage.

But yeah, you're probably skinnyfat.

I dragged my 230 lb self on a bike ride yesterday. I think my ass is broken now. Gonna hop back on this weekend and at least get another little ride in. I'm so happy that the weather is getting nicer.

I think y'all should get on the fish wave. I bought some cheaper wild-caught mahimahi and tuna steaks. Like anywhere from 23-32 grams of protein for a 4 oz serving. Only like 7 bucks from Wal-Mart. Its too good of a steal. The peices max out at like 150-200 cals per serving.

Table sugar, corn syrup, shit like that.

I wonder when /fatkino/ thread pop up on /tv/
Had decent time watching that stuff with fellow autists.

I have been eating badly

But I'm happy this week I trained everyday, lifting, jumping rope and swimming at the pool

I'll try to cook more next week

its on before the show starts, the last episode had a major cunt on, I hope she dies unironically

Any other keto nigger that gets constipation? I mean that's not really the word, it's just an absence of shitting desire, it's like there's nothing there, even though I eat alot. I would assume I need more fiber, but what's a good keto friendly fiber source?

Metamucil if you can't stand veggies. Broccoli/greens/cauliflower/brussels sprouts are good vegetable sources.

You are eating too much fiber. fiber causes constipation.

youtube.com/watch?v=xqUO4P9ADI0&

Most things that have dietary fiber would kick you out of ketosis before you get half your daily amount.
I can't think of anything.

I did six months of keto faggotry, and I started again this week. I wouldn't call it constipation, I just think the nutriment is more bioavailable. Your body is able to use most of the mass of meats and fats. Its a feature, not a bug. I found that I would shit about once a day, if that. And the shit itself was small. I also stopped farting. Honestly the digestive benefits of k e t o are worth it all by themselves. As a side note, when I reintroduced carbs I felt like I had to piss frequently, which was very annoying.

Interdasting. Normally you have to pee more when cutting carbs. Your body retains water to help process the carbohaydrates.

i feel this all the time. Nothing as good as when I leave keto on refeeds and shit out giant long sneks

I don't dislike fish but meat is always cheaper and I don't really understand all the omega fat shit. Canned tuna/canned mackerel, cuttlefish and salmon that's all I eat but sometimes I end shopping and I feel like I could have bought 2 chickens..

In my experience fresh fish is cheaper, at least where I live a whole fresh mackerel cost equivalent of 2 usd

Minus the tuna which i'll usually replace with cottage cheese or Greek yogurt, this is my average day, what could I replace my oats+banana with to lower my carb intake and increase fat and protein?

Attached: qweqwe.jpg (837x676, 117K)

and the exercise user?

Seriously question :

Is keto the best way to lose weight?

depends on the person. some people find it easier to stick to than regular CICO. if you're struggling with hunger it could be something to try.

Yes. Carbs literally make you fat. Google insulin resistance

Right around 25%. You’re looking great though mate. Don’t let numbers discourage you at all, they are only there to assist you in getting healthy, not as a marker for gauging your health. If your feeling good, keep it up. Slow and steady wins this race.

Bacon. Its fatty and delicious. Goes great with eggs.

I get low sodium bacon from Costco because there's no sugar in it. Sodium is great but I avoid sugar.

ate 4,000 calories last night while high, again
its ok though, i get so full off these binges that i have no problem eating nothing but 750 calories of pure chicken breast for the next three days, which would be equivalent to eating ~1,500 calories a day during those 4 days

The best way to lose weight is fasting.

Keto is second best.

Keto+OMAD is an excellent combination.

>ate cereal yesterday night containing artificial insulin (which I discovered today causes violent stomach pains in some)
>weighed 150 this morning
>violent expulsion began at noon and commenced for an hour, finally managed to get off the toilet
>weigh 149 now

Is this the secret to quick weight loss?

Attached: rich.jpg (880x776, 207K)

unless you’re like 500 pounds there’s no reason to be eating like a faggot rabbit

an adult male eats at the bare minimum 1800 calories a day. the best way to gain actual fitness from a fat loss journey is 2000+ cals a day and exercise 4+ times a week including lifting. stop eating like a timid 5 foot 3 woman

Agree with you about the shits. Weird thing on keto for me is I piss more. Not like more times a day, except when I drink over 80oz of water in the day, but longer pisses. I feel like I empty my bladder more these days.

>insulin

I meant to type "inulin"

Sure, whatever works for you

just count calories and workout stop falling for fad diets.

>eating insulin
you've gone too far, autist

IDK, more eggs?

>just do a less effective diet that takes more effort
Low carb diets WITHOUT counting calories are more effective than counting calories.

healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets

Attached: dtuk.jpg (1134x1134, 286K)

I weighed 107.7 yesterday but preshit I was at 109+ it didn't even feel that big really

really doesn't matter what's more effective, what matters is what is more sustainable to a person, and following a restrictive diet like keto for fatties is too difficult.

counting calories and working out is much easier and more sustainable in the long term.

Shut the fuck up, your fragile masculinity is showing.

>a restrictive diet like keto
What? I gorge myself on sausage, hamburger patties, bacon, heavy sauces and shit and lose weight like a motherfucker. i do omad and literally haven't been hungry once (except for 1 or 2 hours before meal of course) or had any cravings

>your fragile masculinity is showing
you have to go back

Attached: 8BFBA8F8-0A7D-4773-950A-2BCA9357ED98.jpg (447x447, 156K)

If counting calories was more "sustainable" that would be shown by greater success in studies.

It's much easier to just avoid carbs and eat to satiety without measuring and logging everything you eat.

5 SCOOPS C'MON

Attached: maxresdefault.png (1280x720, 977K)