Good tools to do meme bodyweight exercises a home? i'm going to get a pullup bar, parallel bars...

good tools to do meme bodyweight exercises a home? i'm going to get a pullup bar, parallel bars, rings to hand on the pullup bar, and one of those meme-wheels for the abs

anything else that can be useful?

inb4 go to gym, i already do, but sometimes i don't have the time, and it can be fun to learn to do balancing stuff

Attached: gymnastic-ring-exercises-front-lever.jpg (620x348, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=met7LCJ8FhE
youtube.com/watch?v=FyfhOAq5Tcc
youtube.com/watch?v=xDt_PvzR_o8&t=449s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>he thinks calisthenics will be easy
>he thinks calisthenics will be meme-tier to perform
In for a rude awakening, lmao.

you better get your bar to be able to hang from the ceiling. I got one of those that you put in your door frame. Space is too narrow.

and about something that you shuold get - probably some weights and bands. Even if you do mostly bodyweight, free weights are always helpful.

t. bodyweight fag myself.

I'd really love to have 2x 20 kg or so dumbbells for planche.

>I'd really love to have 2x 20 kg or so dumbbells for planche.
explain? isn't a planche like a pushup but without your feet? do you use the dumbbells as handles?

ditch the ab wheel even with calisthenics you get enough core activation from normal exercises it's just not nessisary. Wrist wraps can be important though they're very easy to damage even with mobility drills. Get a few dumbells while they won't make up the most of what you're doing but its valuable to be able to really focus on a problem area.

yes, this is how you do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=met7LCJ8FhE

kind of. Hard to find examples of this exercise - zanetti press. It's supposed to simulate this movement:

youtube.com/watch?v=FyfhOAq5Tcc

My collection

Attached: thingy.jpg (718x960, 127K)

Ab wheel isn't useless. You just need to do go ham on it to see results.
None of that sissy shit on knees.
It's good because coupled with hollow body exercised it gives you better results for front lever.

You've got it all covered.

Also this. Calisthenics can be as hard as, or harder than lifting.

i have the same handles, what exercises do you do on them? was trying to learn that one where you start in a L position and try to bring your legs up, would like to be able to transition to handstand at some point

youtube.com/watch?v=xDt_PvzR_o8&t=449s
I don't know much about calisthenics but dude was pretty jacked for being a teen. Maybe check this guy's channel out?

Anyone have any takes on him?

Based OP. I did a bodyweight routine for years before lifting, it's great to have as a backup when travelling, and I suspect will be a great tool as I age

get some weights you can strap to yourself. your chin-ups will get easy, adding 40 lb to your waist is a good way to overload the muscle, or ankle weights for leg raises, other than that your list looks good

If you're getting parallel bars get the tall dip bars. You can do all the same movements of the parallel bars, but also use them for dips and later on, weighted dips.

Attached: dipbars.jpg (1500x1255, 75K)

just lift your legs between L sits, leg raises, planks, squats variations, and hollow hold you're not going to need do so much as crunch to get a strong core. Since it's going to be harder to get a favorable back to front volume you should probably consider skipping ab isolation entirely if you don't want to have posture issues.

>Since it's going to be harder to get a favorable back to front volume
i do diddlis at the gym, but it this an issue with bodyweight exercises, aren't levers and bridges that good for the back compared with the abs workout you get?

this was for

ab rollouts are a fine alternative to leg raises, pike compressions. planks are shitty and should only ever progress to an actually hard exercise

Mainly planche progressions, but I also use them for increasing ROM on pushups and HSPU.

Don't waste your money. You can do dips just fine on rings. It's actually better that way. It's like smith squats vs barbells.

how much harder is a planche than a handstand?

10,000x

that's a lot

straddled planche and free handstand are A in gymnastic rating, planches are B

not sure who created this meme scale or what it means though

top tier beginner bodyweight exercises?

follow the recommended routine on the sidebar of Jow Forumsbodyweightfitness, they have an app for it

>go back
who cares

I workout with rings at hom
I actually really enjoy them they're great for upper body work

Try out:
Getting to RTO holds and dips
Tuck Lever rows
Pelican curls
Strict ring muscle ups - no leg swinging
L sit on rings
Look into Antranik and GMB for ring skill work, and Daniel Vadnal for a straight hypertrophy ring program

Legs are more problematic though. You're missing out on the benefits of weights for legs and will most likely lose size. You can work on balance and mobility with single leg variations, and for diddly replacements you can mix and match Nordic Leg curls with reverse hyper extensions and supermans

have you connected them to your ceiling? i live in an apt so have to hang my rings off a door bar, can't do any wide exercises like presses

they are but you can't really weight them up. Even just like doing inverted rows and pullups is scarcely enough to keep your shoulders alone back. If you can hold scorpion pose or whatever it's called from the ground I'm sure it's a fine but I never see a lot of mid back work in calisthenics for intermediate people. So it ends up being a wear area that's holding you back by the time you get to stuff like levers

>lifting
>hard
This is what bloatmaxx gymcels believe

mirin

standing ab rollouts are superior to lsits and leg raises for output. Tbh, you don't worry about direct ab training much if you're doing planches and levers. I would mess with lsits except as a method for more advanced exercises