Tennis Elbow, WTF do I do?

Diagnosed with tennis elbow about six months ago. Didn't realize what it was so fought through it for a couple weeks prior to diagnosis. Eventually cut out lifting and just did HIIT training. Eventually got a cortisone shot and didn't do anything for a month. Felt great. Bought a Bell compression cuff for when I was able to lift again. After a month I think I slightly tweaked it fucking with my truck. That was about 2 months ago. I was lifting lightly in my garage for about a month without much issue (three times a week) but recently (past two weeks) got back into lifting 5 times a day (zyzz bro split routine) at a gym. Elbow starting to flare up again. Hesitant to do a cortisone shot again. I have a theraband flex bar I use occasionally.

This shit is persistent as hell. How does one get over this. Talk about a lingering problem. FYI, I'm 44 so I'm sure age is a factor. Any advice is appreciated.

Attached: Elbow skank.jpg (1000x1000, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gsKGbqA9aNo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Buy one of these, green will probably be fine. There is a specific workout you do for tennis elbow using it, so look it up.

I had golfers elbow, which is tennis elbow on the inside instead of the outside. It was gone within a week of using one of these.

Attached: flexbar.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

I have the red one. I will have to use it more frequently.

This happened to me too. It's because of muscle imbalances in your forearms. Try adding some wrist curls as well as some reverse grip barbell curls for your brachialis. I always got them when I was a skeleton.

Good points. I will try. I didn't get them until I fell off the wagon a bit. Lifting really is the fountain of youth. Once you stop, your body breaks down.

If you are a boomer and rich look into those tijuana stem cell injections.

Best way to prevent this?

I think those theraband flexbars are good for prevention as well.

Hey that guy's right but I have something that may help you instantly. Athleanx Jeff has a video about exactly this and doing barbell leans to strengthen grip helped me immensely just like he said. Now I have 0 pain. I initially did the exercise daily but now I only do it on push days or any day I will use that movement which could potentially stress my elbow

Thanks so much for this

most people who try to do heavy dips or heavy skullcrushers at least once in their life will have a tennis elbow. If you train with perfect form you won't even feel it in a few weeks but otherwise if you feel it you're probably going to permanently destroy your connective tissue. Also lmfao at you for getting (Jewish-Western medicine) shots for that

REAS THIS:
I have had tennis elbow, so bad that I had insomnia and I couldn’t stand having arms. I literally was contemplating banging them against a table until I couldn’t feel them anymore. What worked it not going fucking crazy on bicep exercises, and also using proper ROM (Very important).
ALSO animalpak helped my tendinitis by ALOT. It’s a little costly but it’s very much worth it. It’s a stack of vitamins and shit (including creatine). It’s in Bb.com
Good luck user

Picture will be sideways by b

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.01M)

Stop doing preacher curls, heavy skullcrushers, reverse curls and stop resting on your elbows. I was doing extremely heavy preacher curls until I couldn't feel my arms anymore. The thing is that the heavy weights push your elbows down into the pads entrap the nerves; by the way, I also fucked up my ulnar nerve. Same shit with reverse curls.

My rehab was dropping the weight on every pressing movement for about 4 months. It got to the point where I was doing 15-20 reps on the bench press. I also did excessive warm-ups to get more blood flow into the elbows. Eventually, I started doing skullcrushers again and that's what ultimately healed me. It hurt to do skullcrushers for a couple of weeks but then the pain faded away completely.

Read this now. I had that shit for 5 years and tried everything, this is what cured it.

Attached: 51oDh-WjWlL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (221x346, 28K)

No problem. Take it easy for a little bit though. Until I realized it was an imbalance issue from the stabilizers, I was sad and thought I'd never bench again. Took me months to build up the strength again but now I'm fine. I wish everyone knew that's usually the reason behind it. The elbow is a hinge, not really meant to take load. If it is being stressed it is due to weakness in other parts either above or below. Definitely do NOT listen to bro science telling you to just use some gel or throw a sleeve on and continue (although once you bench very heavy, an elbow sleeve is quite useful). It will worsen any inflammation you may have. Give it proper rest and recovery. Once tennis elbow heals, the chances of coming back are extremely slim and if it does come back it is very severe.

dear, op. don't do cortisone shots. the pain goes away more quickly but you have a higher chance of arthritis over time. you just grind it away because the inflammation is there to help for the most part. give it time. athletes get those shots because their body is only there to make money.

also, eat some fucking beef tendon stew. look it up. rebuild your cartilage and do some swimming or anything that doesn't hurt or make it ache the next day.

good luck.

don't play tennis

Attached: 1554410451126.jpg (640x360, 39K)

How painful is it? I think I'm getting it but mine doesn't seem as bad as what other people seem to experience

Played tennis at a high level my entire life up until later half of university.
Never heard of tennis elbow...
The fuck is that

Don't listen to this. You gonna get soft tissue arthritis? Your doctor knows best and regarding rehab it is your physio. Good luck inflammatory tendinopathies can be crippling.

I had it, still prone to it but used to be awful. This is how I fought it.

First poster was correct , the exercise he thinks of is called the "tyler twist" and it's fucking great and *will* help you get better. I have the red one too, eventually upgraded to green.
youtube.com/watch?v=gsKGbqA9aNo

It's this (video is 20 seconds long)

Second, get pic related, I have one exactly like it and always wear it to type or do weights. They are a huge help in preventing it coming back.

Third, realize that you are going to need some time off, I'm sorry bro it sucks but if you keep working you won't progress and eventually fuck yourself to the point you might need surgery. Stop upper body for a while, do your lower body. The issue is a tendon not a muscle so it takes a bit longer. Also, if you have a pool near you you can swim and that can keep your upper body in shape, aim to eventually swim fast and hard if you want to hit the muscles harder. It's non weight bearing.

Fourth, if you have money and are really fucking keen and you live in the right country, get yourself some peptides to help things heal as I did the same. Also, /fraud/ is full of total retards so ignore them.

Fifth, it's borderline quackery but it helped me, it's something called "prolotherapy". I'd sooner get that again over fucking cortisone, which is a total meme stop doing it.

Sixth, get a massage ball and get onto your forearms trigger points, or get remedial sports massage, that can help a lot too.

I hope this helps you.

Attached: tennis_elbow_strap.jpg (600x600, 34K)

which of your stabilizers were imbalanced and howd you fix em?

you need to work on curls.