What do you do for a living? I do contract work for a private business. It's a bit underground

What do you do for a living? I do contract work for a private business. It's a bit underground.

Attached: pablo-ilyich-eva-berserk-final.jpg (1920x1643, 1.16M)

I grow lavender on my own little farm.

What sort of contract work?
I'm a programmer

l'm a stay at home son.

That sounds lovely but I'm not the type to be able to stay in one place. Maybe I'll grow into that type of lifestyle eventually. If I'm around long enough.

I work with people. I'm like a representative.

I'm trying to get a job in (computer) systems administration at the moment.

So you're a hitman?

I have a higher pay grade than that.

So you contract for the IMF, World Bank, ECB, or the like?

Take your first post and combine it with this one and you aren't all that far off honestly.

They're already combined--IMF consultant and hitman are basically the same job, the only difference is scale. I'd say "what the fuck are you doing on Jow Forums" (or "do you really think people would just go on the internet and tell lies") but then I have a PhD, so there's no sense in throwing stones in glass houses.

I already know what you are friendguy

>but then I have a PhD
posting on r9k of all boards. at this hour (if your american)
wow. this place really does get the weirdos in the late night

None im too stupid and lazy

I work at a GNC. It's very unfulfilling and my manager gets on my ass constantly despite me going out of my way for him. I wish I knew what I was meant to do in life.

America has a lot of time zones; it's not super late for me.

I think the point I was trying to make is that I still have to do the less glamorous jobs too. I used to be more of a courier. It feels weird to be on the other side of the gun now.

People go on the internet and tell lies all the time. Why wouldn't I be? Why wouldn't you be?

Video game designer. Lucked out and got a job that doesn't make me want to kil myself. I actually look forward to work.

I honestly don't understand why people lie on the internet. I feel like one should only lie if one has a reason to do so. But I was offering the contrast, that something being an odd fit (like a professional on Jow Forums) doesn't actually rule it out. And of course I don't really care if you're telling the truth, just as you probably don't care if I'm telling the truth.
Of course, I've also found that people aren't very good at having reasons for what they do, or rather, the reasoning and justification people provide is obviously made up after the fact.

I'm a parks worker for the worst city in the nation.

I consider it a stepping stone. A pretty good one for someone hobbled at the outset.

Attached: joshua.jpg (1200x1980, 166K)

I've met a handful of men that express their thoughts as you do. They typically enjoyed working with me more than others. I always assumed it was because they were more interested in experiencing life after walking through what I call "the door." Usually they are well educated.

I think my point is that I may believe you to just an extent.

>I grow lavender on my own little farm.
How did you get into this?
Do you have anything else on your farm or just lavender
Can I buy lavender from you?

Glorified bookkeeper, I mess around with spreadsheets for a few hours a day and then dick around on my phone for the rest of it.

Comfy job, not too much stress, and the critical stuff I've been able to figure out. Can't complain too much I guess.

I inherited the farm from my uncle, did some research and since I was on my own I didn't think I would be able to what he did like raising livestock so instead I took the effort to transition the farm towards growing lavender instead.

I have some little other efforts the money comes from the lavender.

You can buy from me depending on where you live. Though I'm not sure why you would want to, it's just lavender.

>walking through what I call "the door."
This is an odd thing to say--because I may know what you mean by it, even as it's hard to describe because it's easy to confuse with edginess. Something like, having your entire world destroyed because you slowly come to appreciate that everything is paradigmatic, and paradigm is perceptual (or phenomenological), including things that seem like they shouldn't be, like math, logic, and science.
Of course, this might just be me projecting, but I've seen this happen to more people than just me.

You're in the ballpark. Also I just remembered a conversation I had with a very well spoken man once. After we met he told me that he was incredibly nervous to work with me, mostly because I don't speak like or carry myself the way that all the other people from my employer do. Essentially he was saying that since I was speaking about finances and business decisions without using the typical jargon and accepting the bourbon he knew I was there for a different assignment. I thought of this because you use relatively advanced word choice while my response is the type of response you would receive from a father trying to keep a secret.

Now that I finished that thought I would say that you're spot on.

Speaking of bourbon, the last time I got drunk with scientists, I asked one of them, if you were tasked with building a computer but only had basic electronics to work with, and you were allowed any one book that's not just technical specs, which would it be? The conversation ended with him saying that I just must not understand lambda calculus.
Which is to say, I really hate talking to scientists.
Likewise, I know a lot of people with clearances, so I'm used to not prying if people are being cagey.

The point of the question (since it probably isn't obvious) is, the book would definitely not be written by Alan Turing--rather, something like Electronics for Scientists (Malmstadt et al) would be a far more credible choice. Hence, you can't really say that computers and computer science are the same thing, because if they were, the computer science literature would be helpful in building a computer. In reality, you have to distance yourself from the ivory tower if you want to get anything done.
(The actual relationship is, a computer is a machine that satisfies computer scientists that computer science is happening.)

Truck driver. I've seen all of America and it's pretty comfy. Pays well too

i don't work, my parents are supporting me while i'm in school. currently working on my masters. they've also set me up with investment accounts worth $150k and that's just what they given me so far. feels good that wageslaving will probably not be in my future.

I never quite got something about Evangelion..if every seed came with a longinus spear, who exactly pierced adam with it when Lilith collided with the earth?

Fishing seasonally, and homesteading for the rest of the year.