How has the gym helped you in your life, be honest!

How has the gym helped you in your life, be honest!

Attached: 20190420_101221.jpg (1080x895, 241K)

>start liftan
>get new gf (had been alone for a long time)
>wrestle in bed, what the fuck she resists really well
>turns out she does strength training too and was hiding it
it's the best

It gave me wAIDS

Confidence. Going to bed knowing you're a better person than you were when you woke up is an unbeatable feeling.
We go to the gym not because it is easy, but because it is hard

>tfw will never have fit sporty gf to wrestle in bed

>getting mogged by your gf

Attached: 1550380175978.jpg (512x512, 27K)

>doctors are fine with me being off anti psychotics
>grateful for everyday I get to work out or be alive
>lost interest in alcohol and clubbing
>respect myself enough to stand up for myself
>everything feels 10% easier to deal with

Healt benefits
Noticebly got stronger
Got something better to do than bitch all day on r9k

Attached: 8F84050E-98AE-43EB-BCF5-17809A9FEB93.gif (250x194, 47K)

I’m more insecure about my body even if everyone keep telling me i’m big.
Got testosterone at max natural levels but cortisol exceeds it
My sleep is shit and i’m always tired
Still have acne even if the most junk foodish thing i eat is fruits
Girls notices me but i’m not used to and so i keep being that little autistic me with no self esteem whatsoever.
Honestly i was more happier when i was i 58kg skelly who played vidya too much

Attached: D0C08AD8-01A1-491E-9AE4-15ACC731D585.jpg (4032x3024, 1.16M)

Get injured at work. Strengthen back and legs. No more constant pain. Posture is good. No more stiff neck.

>this hits too close
i have a 40" chest and 27" waist but i look in the mirror and i look ridiculous. i saw an old picture of me and i looked much happier back then

Attached: 1553286761749.png (576x386, 176K)

In terms of strenuous physical activity, lifting is on par with yoga.

You’re in an air controlled environment, moving weights for 30 seconds at a time while listening to a curated playlist on your Spotify. It’s not that serious mate.

Like the attitude though

It's given me a routine to follow, made me more confident, and provided me with an outlet for aggression and tension.

Life still sucks. But I forget about all that for one hour a day when I lift.
1 hour is better than nothing.

in my day to day life? i guess im healthier now maybe.
in my social life? nah not really.
>mfw 5'4 spic balding turbomanlet
i mean, i guess its okay in the end. I don't talk to people anymore anyways. lifting alone for strength every day can even be kind of therapeutic sometimes maybe.

Attached: 1552027627957.jpg (1000x750, 355K)

Stop w all that selfhate these whites have brainwashed you into believing.

this
just feeling solid and confident, feeling like you have a physical *presence*. it’s amazing.

i dont hate myself at all, im just very well aware that i am objectively way less attractive than the average white male, and i am worth less in general in the greater social hierarchy. it doesnt really matter to me much in the end because i dont associate myself with people ,and these are things that are out of my control

Attached: 1554934709131.jpg (500x667, 52K)

Well you're probably still skele. Natty lifters are a joke nobody would know you lift in a shirt

has helped TREMENDOUSLY with a back injury. I think I had a slipped disk pinching my nerve or some shit, happened when i was like 18. Now i'm 25 and after seriously putting the effort in and committing to training, not only did I lose weight but my back is 100% manageable. There is an older guy I work with who has a shitty back, had surgery on it etc. and has obviously never really lifted a weight in his life, and I'm thinking, if he'd had a lifestyle like mine for most of his life he wouldn't be in such bad shape.

also confidence and health in general.

Confidence, discipline, strength and fun hobby

Turn that into your strength. You’ve got nothing to lose my amigo.

i would if i could but it really is an objectively bad thing in every way. i can have strength in spite of it but that can never be my strength in itself, its a social handicap

I've come lately to the conclusion that knowing that you're worth nothing and knowing that you're capable of great things are actually the two sides of the same coin.

hmm, interesting

lmao jesus fuck manlets are pathetic, why don't you just off yourself little boy? manlets should be gassed

Attached: 1553176076023.png (748x756, 168K)

post body

Sometimes I wonder if it has helped me. I feel more insecure now but perhaps I was suppressing it before. I'm constantly trying to put on more muscle even though I only wanted to be ottermode at the beginning.

I had an LSD trip for the first time a few months ago and I looked in the mirror and saw myself from a third person perspective. I didn't recognise myself and felt a bit disgusted with all the muscle.

I still enjoy lifting and enjoy the attention I get sometimes. I don't think I could stop. I just wish I wasn't so insecure.

>post body cope
it doesn't matter. what matters is im a normal sized man and manlets are subhumans who cope by over compensating when everyone knows how ridiculous they look.

Attached: 1552443522414.png (831x430, 474K)

Based

damn connor is a wristlet

Contrary to popular belief, being a wristlet is good because it gives the illusion of you having bigger muscles

Gym doesnt do shit its all about diet

This fucking retard has never read the quran or hadiths but he knows everything about it. Its them raycist white ppl yo

Do you think an lsd/dmt trip would help?

I think it will make you see yourself without bias from a third person perspective. Imagine prior to lifting you saw you now, and imagine what you would think of that person. I suppose that's sort of what I felt like. But then it really made me feel motivated to do better in the gym. Prior to that trip I was getting a bit lazy (I use a home gym) and my workouts were taking too long. Now im in and out in 40 mins.

I got a lot out of it so I would recommend trying it at least once in your life.

Oh, and also when I looked in the mirror my head morphed into a runescape gnome head. But I had to stare intensively for that to happen (I did 2 tabs).

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (960x1000, 33K)

Without the gym I can't tolerate the voices in my head trying to rip me apart

I didn't think of it quite in that way but you're right

Good job user keep it up

Topkek

How would this relationship work?
It's winter time and you both keep your sweats on inside until you turn the light off?
Or she's obese as fuck which hides her muscles?

It helps me spend my excess income so I don't have to invest it

Helps with my anger.

Strength training.
i.e. she's stronger than she looks

It made me confident but after injury I got depressed af and now I want to rope myself

Post body or eat shit and die, faggot

Got me out of the house

Doing any sort of physical activity is bettering yourself and you should be proud. Having a nihilistic, pragmatic attitude 'oh its just lifitng weights really haha who cares' is literal not gonna make it tier.

General self satisfaction, which in turn has improved all aspects of my life by a small to moderate margin; Satisfied by progressing strength gains. Satisfied it's gotten harder to talk myself out of working out, than into it. Satisfied I have more energy & stamina to do the things I want to do. Satisfied that the common cold only makes me feel moderately miserable for a single day.
Squat and deadlift form has saved my back from myself in a personal and professional setting. I work a fairly laborious job and do a lot of physical work around my home. and lifting technique + knowing my safe working limits is a boon for longevity.

strength is not about looking muscular. This is basic information.

>LSD trip for the first time a few months ago and I looked in the mirror and saw myself from a third person perspective. I didn't recognise myself and felt a bit disgusted with all the muscle.
On my LSD trip I ended up staring at myself in the mirror for maybe an hour (I honestly don't know because you have no sense of time but it was long) and just saw myself getting old in front of my own eyes. I saw my face getting wrinkly and my hair turning grey and it was very saddening at the moment, probably because aging is a fear I can't manage.
After that I cut off drugs (including weed) and alcohol and started taking lifting more seriously, no skipping days and always aiming to feel a burn before I finish a set. I don't wanna grow old all rotten and fat, lads

The post-workout pain is my penance. I hate myself

Also counting calories and lifting is helping me reduce my belly fat, even my slight gyno (that is small in terms of volume but gives me puffy nips) seems to be going away. Maybe I'll finally be able to take my shirt off without feeling embarassed

Every time I started lifting something majorly good happened in my life:
>2007: Got my first gf; she would literally scream, "you're so hot!" when we fucked.
>2013: Fucked a supreme hot girl in sex club, a string of older women, and the aforementioned ex again on the side in her sham marriage.
>2014: Met my next gf; people would stop us in the street to say we were a good looking couple.
>2018: Started my own company and feel like a real man making my own money. My wife works out with me at 6 am and manages the household all day. She works out twice per day just to match my gains.

: Met my next gf; people would stop us in the street to say we were a good looking couple.
That doesn't happen. Why can't you fags just lie realistically

user, well done. You came from r9k and embraced the Jow Forums. You’re already better than everyone on that board and better than those that come over here and shit up the board.
May rapid gains and qt gfs come your way.

its the biggest amount of cope humanely possible

It happened and I can tell you exactly where. York Street, Toronto, SE corner at the Lakeshore intersection. That event is indelible in my hippocampus.

post body

Attached: 1549812505064.png (308x400, 142K)

how is that a cope

he's coping with the fact he doesnt have a gf and has to make up stories to cope

duh

The gym so far has helped me realise that my body is constantly under duress from work, my mind is constantly under duress from the rest of my life, but everyday I go to the gym I feel noticeably better the next day in all aspects. I'm conditioning myself to a higher threshold of pain and suffering until hopefully the rest of my life becomes easier to bare. It's a shit situation because I live in a small town that I hate with no money to move yet, but I have the gym and personal growth is all I can do until I have the money, and I kind of love having no distractions.

khv still :^(

Attached: received_329964847853189.jpg (474x733, 47K)

I don't have a gf.

I have a wife.

get 200m in all stats free gf unlock

tfw not even maxed yet

Attached: 1528878101733.png (874x705, 1.33M)

The lifting is a small part of it. The dieting, the analyzing of your progress, constantly coming up with different ideas on how to improve your routine, the changes in confidence and perception of yourself, etc. It's effects on your life are far more pervasive than the simple hour of picking things up and putting them down.

If only this really happened.

in the current year? it's been what, 6 years?

drunk frat boys don’t try to pick fights with me
girls are generally nicer to me now