Never Forget

Rippetoe and Starting Strength are memes.

Attached: 100301_front.jpg (480x640, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm so so with you OP, you won't get jacked that's for damn sure, but both are worlds better than going in blind.

Who cares you only do that for like 3months and it gets your squat to 2plates easily
If you do gomad then yes you got memed

He looks good.

It's a beginner program to get you used to performing the lifts and provide basic general strength. That's it. Just hop on, get it done, hop off and do something more specific to your goals.
It's not that complicated.

that picture is old as fuck, I remember seeing it in 2011 and it wasn't even new back then.

what's he up to now? does he compete in powerlifting or something?

post body

SS/SL got popular like 10 years ago (woah... ask your parents about those times) because they kep the exercise selections and reps down and made you add weight every time. that's it.

before they blew up, noobs would do 10x10 of 20 different dumbbell exercises doing a bodypart once/week, never adding weight and not knowing why they made no gains

since SS/SL work in that sense then everyone started using it but then also expecting it to make them arnold in 3 months or something, which it obviously doesn't

t. DYEL

>people didn't get big and strong before SS/SL
kek

cope

>reading comprehension

DYEL with shit body and even more shit lifts

>he fell for the "ss is a meme" meme
mirthfulharlots.tapestry

Its supposed to get your squat to atleast 315 or yndtp

>people with different ages, sports background, stress levels, the ones who are 35%bf and the 15yo 50kg twink must have the same results doing SS or yndtp
Kill yourself

Attached: 1551698825159.jpg (1125x1102, 98K)

Shut the fuck up.

startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf

I want cool bug facts please, i need them! I crave for them! PLEASE!

Attached: s256735deuq21.jpg (588x500, 28K)

Rip is a meme but SS is fine provided that you move on when it stops working and don't follow any of the retarted extra advice from SS coaches, like "eat 6000 calories", "don't do any cardio or you won't recover" and "arm work will kill your recovery". And like someone else mentioned, the idea that you should hit X amount of weight before moving on is stupid. People are different and will respond differently to training, when it stops working for you move on, even if Rip thinks your still a novice based solely on your numbers and nothing else.

I don't think any of Ripettoe's """athletes""" ever competed. Maybe a pie eating contest once or twice

Where to go after?

The SS app is pretty good. Charts your lifts so you can see plateaus and peaks. I'm fully admitting I'm newfag

I heard years ago that Zack gave up after less than 1 year.

Sounds about right. I would too if I looked like that.

so is drinking a ton of milk a meme or not?

Define a ton

1.5+ liters per day. Not even talking about GOMAD.

I WANT BUG FACTS! please