Stop drinking alcohol

stop drinking alcohol

Attached: v.jpg (638x359, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-3/220.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Better day by day brother. Good thread.

I'm not getting the amount of replies I usually get unfortunately

ive stopped for almost 2 months now and it's crazy how much social pressure there is to drink

Based Vargposter

3 months sober here. Had a seizure from withdrawals back in November. feel bretty gud

Stop spamming that welfare leech.

after this past weekend I've definitely been considering quitting. It's getting out of hand for me and sooner or later there will be consequences

wish me luck bros

Attached: 1555703850424.jpg (1080x1080, 246K)

I need too. But it’s the best way for me to get out and build some connections, living in a small town. Currently getting an std check for the multiple hookups I’ve had from the bar the last couple months. Definitely fucked myself. Lesson learned.

But mixing drinks is fun.

Same here, seizure and ICU. About 80 days in. Quit smoking too.

>talk to a bartender and just get ginger ale
>tip
>profit

Luck

Drinking booze is getting worse and worse for my body. Its probably the most imortant behavior in my life that i could change. Any advice from people who have stopped?

Good threads aren't always busy threads.

Coming from the dude who has been 9 months sober, lost 85 lbs, and is close to having a decently defined 6-pack, it's totally worth it.

My life has improved 10x and I recommend sobriety to everyone. I'm far more productive, active, energetic and motivated now.

The first month was awful though. Before then, I was drinking like 3 OE 40s a day after work. Definitely my lowest low. Good luck!

Fuck off Varg

Keep going OP. Also congrats to the alcoholics that are successfully abstaining.

I'm gonna do it bros

>got into the Jow Forums memes way too early in my adolescence
>have never drank alcohol once in my life
what's it like to be attached to that stuff? I feel absolutely great without it, it's a world I've never known.

Attached: 1553213328700.gif (500x384, 766K)

Based vargposter. Keep it up and keep the trannies in Jow Forums seething.

Attached: kd1ypbx.jpg (1823x1824, 805K)

>Shaping your entire lifestyle around what you've read on Jow Forums
Wew lad

one week alcohol free today. i'd been drinking myself to sleep for the last several months due to stress and have gained 10-15 pounds. gotta right the ship before it gets out of control.

Haven't had a drink for 3 years and I really don't know why. I guess I just don't have friends that invite me to binge drink with them any more and I'm too afraid of developing alcoholism if I drink alone. And I really don't want to become addicted to any substance since my mother had to be adopted to a new family because of her deadbeat drug addict biological parents.

No

>posting that pic
haha yes. trannies are super catholic, as we all know

Attached: DD8A9A25-91C6-42D3-B3D1-9DF94EEE6FE9.jpg (1440x787, 376K)

A year and a half sober now
I drank through the day and was managing an arcade so I ended up drinking 4lokos out of soda cups because in my head that was ultra stealth

I passed out at work a couple of times, I ruined my personal life and I ended up checking myself into a facility. Started drinking again shortly after, eventually quit when I started to feel super unwell and had really high blood pressure, I looked like I was going to explode.

My life is super boring but I am super fit due to having fuck all to do, got a proper job and I try and find satisfaction in owning stuff

Who is this boomer?

le self defense stabber- church burner

3 weeks sober from a massive 3-year drinking habit. Usually about a 750ml of liquor throughout the day, every day.
I'm glad I'm doing it but I still feel like ultrashit, blood pressure keeps bouncing way high (was always borderline when I was drinking), still puffy face, easily nauseated, and generally haven't improved the way I look or feel one bit yet.
No cravings at all, though. When I put it down that was that. I only quit because some dick reported to my bosses that I smelled of alcohol "again" and I had to convince them otherwise, not gonna lose my career.
Does suck that I quit drinking nearly 2 gallons of 80 proof liquor a week, and yet after 3 weeks I don't feel a damn bit healthier.
I started specifically due to grief - mom's death two weeks after I found out wife was cheating. Drinking blocked a lot of that out. I literally drank 8 ounces of vodka with morning coffee, a lemonade and vodka in a gas station cup throughout the day, bourbon when I got home at night and a couple shots of cinnamon whiskey at night every time I woke up to pee.
Almost positive I hadn't had a sober hour in 3 years.
Wish I knew when some improvement was coming.

Don't you dare considering. Do it. Godspeed

can someone redpill me on alcohol and lifting?

I'm not the alcoholic type but I'll quit if there's solid evidence it really does kill gains in the gym.

I only drink a pint of booze a week since I'm not a fucking retard like you addicts who have to go straight edge

Serious dork alert in this thread lmfao

I drink twice a month. I drink about a 40oz of whiskey and an 8 ball over the course of a night/day

You're all gonna make it

Attached: giphy.gif (240x320, 1.95M)

>Almost positive I hadn't had a sober hour in 3 years.
>literally hardcore alcoholism for three years
>why don't I feel better after a few weeks

As a general rule, I'd say you are gonna need at least the same amount of days of recovery from hardcore drinking as you spent drinking. Go on a two week bender? Probably gonna be a straight week or two of sorting your shit out just to be back to square one.

3 fucking years m8? You know how goddamn trashed your liver probably is? Luckily the liver can be in pretty dire straits and still recover over time, but man it's gonna take at least fucking 8-12 months of not drinking at all (and eating right, exercising and getting good rest) to reset. Make sure to get lots of choline in ur diet budday.

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-3/220.pdf

>drink probably half a bottle of wine a night for probably 1 year, more on weekends
>cut my intake in half last week
>doing so again this week, starting with weekends only
>feel much better and zero withdrawals

Did I just not drink as much as a true alcoholic or something?

Attached: 1511012899362.gif (200x183, 428K)

Nah, that's not much. Plus it wasn't hard liquor either. I was drinking half a bottle of whiskey for a year when I quit. Withdrawals were a bitch, felt like I was dying and my mouth tasted like metal for like 3 days.

>I need solid evidence that poisoning yourself on a regular basis is bad for your health and thus lifting

if you are already an adult and somehow don't realize this, perhaps the alcohol made you retarded in addition to DYEL

Only have two beers a week max and even that feels like a waste. All my friends drink constantly (and are constantly sick, tired and broke) so I don’t ever have much temptation to overindulge. Stay strong bros.

There are motherfuckers all over the medditerranean who drink that much daily and still in good health at 90....

Half a bottle of wine m8? Are you a 100lb female? That's what, two glasses? Even when I was completely new to drinking at 16 I think that might a had me a little buzzed for half a night. You've got to be nearly constantly under the influence and likely consuming ~1L+ of actual liquor a day to get the kinda withdrawals these guys talk about.

I meant the big ones, like 750ml, so like 8 glasses?

I'd occasionally do vodka, probably half a 26er some nights

>I was drinking half a bottle of whiskey for a year when I quit.
It took you a year to drink half a bottle of whiskey? And then you just quit and wasted the 2nd half? Wow.