/fat/

>Who is /fat/ for?
For calorie junkies who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT. ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already, but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (needs waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic foods/micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be autistically accurate in your measurements
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g/lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it
>be a retard

THREAD THEME
vocaroo.com/i/s068IGcBMxJn

Previous:

Attached: mcdelivery_new11.jpg (634x423, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
strawpoll.me/17871222
webmd.com/fitness-exercise/understanding-plantar-fasciitis-basics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CONFESS

Attached: 592_en.jpg (353x465, 140K)

CONFESS

Attached: 1526938227156.png (1229x1160, 63K)

Nothing to declare, other than maybe some impatient whining over water retention. I know a week-long plateau means nothing in the long run, but it's frustrating.

What do you guys think of my breakfast? Pretty filling not gonna lie.

Attached: 20190423_064834.jpg (4032x1960, 2.16M)

Looks like a good breakfast for someone with a much higher TDEE than mine. Are your eggs scrambled or just fried and chopped up?

Buy real plates.

Attached: captain planet.jpg (950x534, 145K)

This, why are you using a plate for the blueberries and banana? You better reuse it or homeless people will rape you

Not him but why are real plates necessary?
I have real plates but prefer paper plates for most meals as I use multiple plates to weigh ingredients anyways, might as well put the finished product on another one and save on dishes

spent the last two days binging on robin eggs and jelly beans as well as a sausage cheese dip my grandma made for Easter. I felt like complete shit when I woke up today, but I still have the urge to binge again, Father
[spoiler]also fuck carholics lol[/spoiler]

Asking again, because I'm a dumbass. I've been on 1300-1500kcal deficit for a week or so now and I'm not hungry nor do I crave for more. Should I eat more anyway, is the deficit too big or is it ok? My TDEE is 2185 and I've been eating 550-800kcal/day.

Attached: 1548015810293.jpg (620x451, 54K)

Paper isn't as bad as styrofoam. It is still wasteful but at least they don't stick around for millions of years.

>cute cashier said my shirt was cute
>tfw down 15 lbs
>big ass salad for lunch

Were all gonna make it brahs

True but the water necessary to run my dishwasher 3 times a week instead of 1 is also wasteful - is there a consensus on which is worse?

How many calories do you actually burn cycling with moderate effort per hour? I weigh 170lbs, male and all the google results and runkeeper app claim i burn like 600calories per hour. I think that sounds like bullshit tho

I know that feel bro. Luckily that shit dropped off when I weighed in today. Thanks workout.

For once, nothing. Still suffering from giving up the mini-pancakes at work, but I'm weaning myself off.

If you dont feel hungry then you body is telling you its fine for a deficit.

>311lbs last July
>195lbs today
Am I doing okay /fat/?

Reminder that if you weigh yourself and you're inexplicably heavier than a few days before despite maintaining your cut, don't worry. You could be retaining water, have food still in your digestive system, etc. Just so long as you KNOW you are burning excess calories, a few anomalous readings on the scale aren't worth concerning yourself about. The only thing that matters is your weekly averages.

Attached: shut up and listen.png (266x308, 86K)

Depends. Do you live in a brown, crispy area?

Attached: rainfall.png (1024x689, 740K)

this

the thing only matters on longer scale

Why would you post McDonald's my dude

It is. That's GROSS calories burned. You need to get NET calories burned. Or just be safe and cut every calorie cutting exercise prediction by 20%.

So 600 should be 480.

To test your resolve. You ARE gonna make it, right?

junk food is for losers :^)
you can easily cook up a good burger yourself

To McDonald's? Yeah it's right there

>tfw a turkey burger is like 200 calories homemade

Burger joints are a mistake

i've been eating less than 1000 calories on omad for a long time, my tdee is 1800ish. I'm going on the largest suicide cut of all time cus this aint even hard starting 1st of may ill try to lose 10kgs til june. My average the last 2 months has been 7.7kg a month.

based

>my TDEE is 1800
Jeez how much do you weigh?

Scrambled

66kg

I'm trying to lose weight an ECA stack, cigarettes and OMAD of six hard boiled eggs and a multivitamin. I was making good progress until yesterday but then I cracked and binged.

I think going forward I'm going to try a balanced diet with a modest deficit.

Attached: 1549553989237s.jpg (250x250, 12K)

Are you literally trying to kill your self?

Help me /fat/ - I've been doing StrongLifts and two days ago I started keto again, but this time I'll be tracking my calories and macros too.

I know you're meant to get more calories if you're exercising, but weight lifting isn't as easy to pin point how many calories you're burning as cardio is.

Should I even bother trying to work out how many calories I should be eating on days when I lift?

Attached: owo.png (640x373, 103K)

just eat less

rest in peace what little muscle you have left, if any

Nah man, im just incredibly fat for my weight people on Jow Forums say i have 20+ bodyfat.

I just realised that if i cut 10kg ill be 0.3 bmi from underweight so idk about that anymore lmao.

I'm a bad liar, too honest, and because of that my stupid gains goblin family always force feeds me to stop my fast.

If your family force feeds you, you should get out of that house. If you're exaggerating becuase you're weak willed and want to blame someone else for your failure, you should stop doing that.

Posted this yesterday in cbt, idk what to do but cut more. I just wanna be lean/skelly right now.

Attached: fatfuck.jpg (3088x2320, 816K)

No According to this my area is in the second lightest shade of green

I'm not weak willed. I made it 3 days without eating before my family force fed me.

I just wash my plate and use it again the next day

to test you like the other user said

ngmi

How bad is body dysmorphia? When I look at myself Via mirror or photos I see a fat fuck. I’m 5’5 135lbs and my fit friends all say I’m getting skelly.

Attached: A84029A7-6EF6-47F4-B3D4-7663A159C4DD.png (446x473, 240K)

I had a maccas breakfast sandwich yesterday morning, and I didn't count my calories the rest of the day.

I don't believe I exceeded maintenance, but I probably blew my deficit wide open.

Forgive me, for I have sinned.

not a Jow Forumsizen but curious as to whether taking a multivitamin is actually useful to cover dietary deficiencies, or are they just a scam? if so do you have any specific recommendations?

Attached: ffd.jpg (986x858, 38K)

post a proper picture, cant see shit. you might be skinnyfat unless youre 5'1.

you sound skelly. I dont understand how people want us to imagine how they look.

ofcourse im skinnyfat, also i dont have any other pic. I dont think i need any advice i just have to cut more to get rid of fat. Correct?

I just want a big back and to not be fat. Hopefully I will achieve both soon

Attached: 20190423_114840.jpg (1967x1601, 1.01M)

sure, are you lifting?

Alright then. I was just wondering, because 1300-1500kcal deficit sounds really extreme, but all I did was cutting sugary drinks and candy out of my diet. Otherwise I'm eating what I used to, only now I'm borderline autistically weighing everything and writing it down.

Attached: 1542627258306.jpg (1024x768, 218K)

Soon, im going to do either SS or SL5x5, btw i cant do any squat related motions due to leg injury(this will be fixed later) Can i still follow the program without squats?

yeah but you'll look like the skip legday meme the more you wait. how did you injure your leg?

broken femur, now the nails make my leg hurt they will be removed soon.

>lose 130lbs
>"ok great now i just need to lose the other 130lbs"
>mom, grandma, and dog all die within the span of six months
>can't stay in school, have to move in with my uncle until i'm recovered enough to go back
>gain back 60lbs from circumstantial neethood
Ok /fat/, I give up. Instead of trying to lose all this extra weight and then continuing to lose weight I actually need until I'm noticeably underweight and then finding a lover who's even fatter than I was and letting them slob-dom me and then being happy because I can both love myself and have someone to love, I'm going to just give in to what's clearly my inherent nature, become as much of a fat disgusting pig as possible, find an underweight lover to slob-dom, and give up on ever loving myself and hope it works to just love someone else instead.

>went to the doctor today for the first time in 2 years
>got my blood pressure and resting heart rate checked, both were "normal" (118/78 and 68 respectively)
>getting bloodwork done to test cholesterol, glucose, thyroid function and testosterone
hopefully this shit will finally explain why my weight has been so stubborn for a full month. Religious calorie counting on MFP (less than 2k most days) and gym 4-5x a week and scale isn't doing shit. wish me luck lads

Attached: 1469308631257.gif (680x846, 55K)

Get after it. You're still here and still unhappy with your looks and your life. Either get busy moving towards your goals or shut up and die in a corner where the rest of don't have to hear it. Progress isn't perfectly linear, and anyone who tells you differently is a moron.

>shut up and die in a corner where the rest of don't have to hear it
but shitposting is more fun tho

My biggest regret of the week is I tried to help motivate you.

based as fuck

Attached: images.jpg (299x168, 4K)

I regret you did it too and I didn't even do it. He's such a waste of a very large amount of space.

holy shit. I cant sit with my legs closed because I'm too fat. I have too sit with them wide open. Im trying to diet but I end up cheating on my diet. The only improvement I've made so far is that I've been going hard at the gym for a month. But even so that's nothing without a diet.

damn right it is

Attached: 1551891932300.png (905x578, 13K)

You're 100% right. You going to do shit at this if you don't start eating right. Keep trying new ways of eating until you find a way to keep yourself at a deficit without bingeing.

hahahaha brutal.

Youre not fat idiot you just have zero muscle mass. Just work out ffs and you'll fill out nicely

My condolences about your family. But if you let things outside your control dictate the only thing that you do have control of, your Will, then you are less than human and should die the same as any insect.

You need to be easy on yourself when you crack: Accept that you've made a mistake and minimize the damage, instead of giving up on the entire thing and binging. I think this is really essential. If you aim for 1600 kcal and end up eating 1800 every day instead, that still beats 2500 by a huge margin. Of course you should keep trying to eat 1600 if that's your goal, but do so while eating 1800 instead of 2500.
I'm not a fan of OMAD though. I've been having lots of success with a really normal 1600 kcal per day diet. Weight loss is slow but really steady and I'm totally happy with it. I've just taken what I usually eat and been making substitutions.

Lost another pound today, now at 235. Keep at it and I’ll be a healthy(ish) weight by summer.

Hey guy. Daily reminder that

Nice pocket pussy on the counter.

Attached: jyhgfd.png (998x722, 1.65M)

>nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>40 bmi
huh i thought it would be worst
hello im 280 now but started at 310 used to eat mcdonnals all nights now i only do it on the week ends(yes i know). at night all the time mind you. want to change, its hard but my goal is 190 in 2 years. will start gym soon.

Attached: weight lost.jpg (1000x251, 221K)

Styrofoam doesn’t stick around, that’s a myth and it being a myth is exactly why styrofoam is still legal and used frequently.

>3 days without eating
thats not how you're supposed to do it you moron. eat less to start not stave yourself you will just binge even harder.

...what i must nkow..WHAT?!

Attached: dgtrtr.jpg (474x354, 29K)

>eat 2500cal today
>still going to lose weight because i do so much exercise

feels good being healthy

Attached: 220px-Kendrick_Lamar_-_Damn.png (220x220, 85K)

You got a long way to go fatty. We all do.

Attached: 1529837055513.jpg (540x540, 61K)

1600 kcal today, 1 hour cardio and 1.5 hour weightlifting.

>Cutting is fun.

>Lose 50 pounds
>All my clothes are super baggy now
It's a good feeling, but I'm too autistic to will myself to buy fashionable clothes. Also I have another 40 to lose

good job user. it gets easier.

right with you user, i’m at 230. we’re gonna make it

wait until goal weight, all my clothes are bigger by a size atleast and I still have some weight to go.

What gets easier? Losing weight or buying clothes? I feel like everyone is judging me if I wear nice clothes, or style my hair. I've always been self conscious about my appearance from that perspective (not weight but material things) so I always wore brandless clothing, or just your typical shirts with little logo on the pec.

If you meant losing weight, I agree, at this point it feels like an inevitability. I haven't eaten sugar in months for example and don't care to.

I'm 6'1 220 right now, used to wear XL clothing, do you think once I reach my 185 goal I will be wearing L's?

How much weight could I lose before summer? I want to at least see my abs. Is keto or fasting better for that kind of thing

depends on your frame but I think so.

stop right there kid, tell me how much you weigh...

strawpoll.me/17871222
strawpoll.me/17871222

Attached: a53.jpg (737x758, 74K)

Weight doesn't mean much without height taken into consideration.

whats ur weight n height?

130lbs 6'1

lads i did a lot of walking on easter in somewhat hilly areas so it was kinda like hiking and now i have really bad pain in my calves + feet, most pain coming from the outer part of my left foot and going up the heel/ankle

i was wearing flat soccer shoes during all the hiking so i think that didnt help + it was the only physical activity i did within 1+ years but anyone know what it could be? am i dead?

for more detail, everything seems tight and it only hurts when im walking or stretching my toes, i have to limp a little bit currently

Welcome to hell, user.

webmd.com/fitness-exercise/understanding-plantar-fasciitis-basics

How much does “what” you eat affect the weight loss? Does it even fucking matter at 400 lbs?

I’m on 1500 calories a day, I continue eating my sugary cereal, meat, cheese, bread and eggs. Just a lot less and all of the calories calculated. I don’t even feel hungry so far, it’s alright.

says it will go away eventually so im relieved there, think it's a little to harsh for me to try and foam roll the painful areas? or will i be doing more harm than good

>think it's a little to harsh for me to try and foam roll the painful areas? or will i be doing more harm than good

Im not a fucking doctor. I have no idea.

Ate whatever I wanted Easter, probably went 800 over maintenance. Then did the same thing yesterday. Hunger is out of control, only had about 1200 calories today but I’m wanting to go out and buy junk