I cannot back squat without falling backwards. anyone else here long femurs? how do i overcome this...

i cannot back squat without falling backwards. anyone else here long femurs? how do i overcome this? i already have Olympic shoes and i have this issue on front squat as well

Attached: D2R672jX4AIJDBi.png (650x366, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anonfile.com/q2f3B4dcb0/Starting_Strength_-_Rippetoe__Mark__3rd_Edition_.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can you lean forward more?

this

try push your hips backward when your go down. Also tighten your core a bit to stabilize your spine. Also check if your feet are far enough from each other and their directions. They should point in the same direction as your knees do when you squat down. Best of luck OP

Try squatting right now with no weight and see if you can get ass to grass without your heels leaving the ground

I used to be the same and you probably have shit ankle mobility. the fix is pushing ur knee as forward as possible while keeping ur heels on the floor. took me about 3 months to back squat with full rom and flat shoes. in the meantime you can cope by putting plates under your heels

Nah, I can't. if i widen my stance i can hit parallel but with weight i feel like I'd tear my groin.
I have been doing that on front squats but coming out of the hole i almost took a quick trip to snap city, even though i didn't feel any pain at all while i was repping i woke up the next day with discomfort.
I'd say this is probably true does it hurt also that i do a bunch of calf raises before i squat? i go pretty hard with them and yeah my mobility feels like it sucks

Rockin your calves really affect your ability to balance a lot
Also go down in weight, Jeff sez: you can get more out of less. If you almost went to snap city you can take off so much weight and just get acquainted with sweet, sweet form.

could you at least post a video of you doing a squat?

You should probably just ask a gym bro to check your form

Practice that squat position by doing goblet squats and sitting in the hole for a bit. It'll help your ankle mobility and eventually you'll be able to sit like a slav

alright i will try that today thank you!

My guess is that your form sucks and your core is weak.

fbpb

work on your core and do goblet squats, they'll teach you form

>Figure 2-45. The differences that anthropometry can produce in the appearance of the bottom position of the squat. Both are correct, but both aredifferent due to variations in leg and trunk length

anonfile.com/q2f3B4dcb0/Starting_Strength_-_Rippetoe__Mark__3rd_Edition_.pdf

Attached: Untitled.jpg (897x658, 71K)

Work on your ankle and hammie mobility. Meanwhile, put some weights under your heels

Since we're talking about squatting here:

Whenever I do squats, I always feel like I'm doing them wrong. Am I supposed to go ass to grass while on my heels? And how can I tell if my back is right without recording myself?

>ball cap worn backwards so the tip of the brim follows the bar path
very good form

Attached: 1538791544196.jpg (639x634, 75K)

yes, then i am practically doing good mornings though

Can you even squat to parallel?
Might need to work on flexibility/mobility for a bit instead of worrying about approaching the bar if it's that bad

not flexibility, i can do a pike and goblet squats are fine

You mentioned leaning forward would have you practically doing good mornings, are you resting the bar on your traps? It should be lower on your rear delts so you can learn forward a bit while maintaining a straight bar path over the centers of your feet

you probably followed the shitty advice from your gym trainers to always stay upright during the squat.
If you're going to squat deep your knees must go past your toes and your back must lean forward too, and it's perfectly ok don't let anyone else fool you