Feel like shit and want to kill myself

>feel like shit and want to kill myself
>drink 4 beers in 5 minutes and i love my life?
what gives brain???????????

Attached: 5188um8SnIL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (329x499, 31K)

>bought case of beer on thursday
>all gone sunday afternoon
>didn't feel happy
I used to be like you, but it doesn't do anything for me anymore. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I bought a case of 18 beers yesterday, I have 8 left. Yesterday I drank slowly and didn't get drunk, today I chugged them as fast as possible.

You seem really fascinated by Hemingway's work, user. /lit/ would be a better place to discuss it. Anyway, if you are older than 30, or kinda feel like an old man, read The Old Man and the Sea. Otherwise you should go to For Whom the Bell Tolls, that book is terrific.

I have read all 3 of those. You have caught me, it has been me posting about Hemingway for the last day or so. I think he was just the ultimate man. Left home for Italy to join WW1 at the age of 17. For Whom The Bell Tolls is so fucking good. I listened to the audiobooks of Farewell to Arms, Old man and the Sea and For Whom The Bell Tolls but now I am going back and physically reading them and I love his writing. I feel like /lit/ would call me a pleb for just getting into the classics, but I really only care about the classics.

Every one have to start at some point, right? I've actually found Hemingway through Fitzgerald. This period of American literature is truly fantastic, so after finishing some of Fitzgerald's works I just craved some more. In comparisson to Hemingway and his lust for life Fitzgerald seems like an entitled boy, whining about money and acceptance - but I'd reccomend Gatsby and This side of paradise, desu.
Back to the topic: what did you find appealing in Hemingway's works?

I tried to read the Great Gatsby at one point but I gave up, couldn't get into it. I know that I will try again. Hemingway has a simplistic way with words, I have always loved the word "and" and Hemingway just goes on and on and on and on (hemingway meme) with the word and. He uses it perfectly. Also I love the time period he lived so its just a natural fit. You can picture what he is saying, even with his relatively simplistic prose.

Hemingway sucks
Read real literature bro

He stir us by writing about simple people doing simple things.

I live in weedman's country and can get stoned whenever I want but beer just gives you that blunt euphoria that makes everything seem like it's gonna be okay. I could never give it up.

Why does Hemingway suck?

Simple: people with reduced intellect are happier because they can't fathom how fucked things are.

Hemingway is incredible. That guy is just a fag

you may have undiagnosed bipolar with alcohol triggering a mania

I have extremely reduced intellect naturally, and I'm still depressed as shit.
What gives?

My father is 100% bipolar. I must be bipolar. Great my life is guaranteed shit because of the roll. Fuck the world.

Have you read Tender is the Night? It isn't as good as Gatsby, but the prose is maybe the best I've read second only to Shakespeare or Nabokov (the author of Lolita.)

Fitzgerald the beta also regarded it as his best work, took him 10 very destructive, booze-fueled years to write it. It's sort of based on his marriage to a stir crazy flapper thot.

Attached: fscott.jpg (475x657, 57K)

How low is your IQ?
Originally and not meant as an insult.

Have any of you ever read pic related? It's a great commentary on crazy women, love sick men, and a generation of people who feel alienated and betrayed by the society in which they live.
That said, it's all communicated through a series of drunken excursions, and the plot is hidden several layers beneath the surface. It is quite genius. The characters and dialogue are phenomenal and reading good books like this by a guy who wasn't a beta cuck really inspired me to become more.

Attached: 4-sun-also-rises.jpg (948x1384, 54K)

I will read this after I finish A Farewell to Arms. You can count on that user, I take book recommendations very seriously.

>TFW you'll never have a mental ballerina GF
Why even live?

Attached: zelda-sayre-fitzgerald1.jpg (460x744, 52K)

Dude she burned to death in a mental ward after cucking Fitz with a chad pilot, telling him his dick was too small to ever please a girl, abandoning their kid and a bunch of other crazy shit.

I get why people romanticize this shit, but living the life of an alcoholic writer betrothed to this mess just wouldn't be fun at all. Would it?

You can't be a writer if you aren't alcoholic.

>reading anything but nonfiction
deepthroat a shotgun pleb

I wonder how many people have died because of this lie kek

It's not really a lie though, the best writers really did have drinking problems. You can talk about yourself more freely when drunk, this translates well to writing.

Please don't let my multifaceted thread die...

I've never read anything from Hemingway. Between Farewell to Arms and the Sun Also Rises, which one should I read first?

A Farewell to Arms is probably his most famous. I would either start with that or The Old Man and the Sea.

I have the book on my shelf but never actually gave it a chance. Thanks;

Dopamine in your brain. Thats it
Normies just have higher amount of happiness permanently in their brains. Thats why we're losers and they are happy. They were born with chemicals in their brain that just happens to make them happier, have more energy and mental fortitude to do things we never could.
Whenever you get drunk and feel good, thats how normal people feel all the time. We never had a chance