What program are you running?

I'm doing 5x5 I really like it. I was wondering what you guys were doing, feel free to post stats. Also what are your favorite lifts? And why

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-142510.png (1080x1920, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0vdW-106gSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does this chinese market look like a blog website to you?

SL 5x5 is a terrible fucking routine

- t-rex mode
- not enough pressing volume
- garbage fuck all DL volume
- terrible protocol for stalling (no adding volume just take weight off and grind to a halt again)
- made by a DYEL with no accomplishments who tells people to do his beginner routine forever

Like how the fuck is your DL lower than your bench. What a stupid program. Switch to GZCLP, 531 for beginners, Greyskull or AllPro.

I'm doing Greyskull with some wacky plug-ins that are for specific sports goals. When really short on time I just do the first two main lifts.

AxBxAxx no rotation
A
>OHP 2x5, 1x5+, 1x8
>Squat 2x5, 1x5+
>One-Arm Cable Rows 3x8
>Cable Lateral Raises 3x10
>Abs
>Farmer's Walks

B
>Bench 2x5, 1x5+, 1x8
>Deadlift 1x5+
>Pulldown 3x8
>Cable Crossover 3x8
>Face Pul 3x10
>Kettlebell Swing 1x75

I'm thinking of switching back to mad cow because I do stall when things get higher.
I'm going to check my all-time records. I am 155 and 5'6. I'm also doing stomach vacuums because I'm curious if they work well.

>I am 155 and 5'6.
You need to be 18 to post here lil guy

a
hammer curl 3x9
neutral grip dumbbell shoulder press 3x6
dumbbell incline bench press 3x9
dumbbell row 3x6
dumbbell lunge 3x6
resistance band work

b
dumbbell bicep curl 3x9
dumbbell incline bench 3x9
dumbbell floor press 3x5
dumbbell row 3x6
dumbbell lunge 3x6
resistance band work

rest
10 min run
resistance band work

>home gym
>no pullups

if only I had a bar that didn't fuck up the doorway

Rate? How can I improve this? pls be nice (1/2)

Attached: 61D29036-2F2C-4F82-87D4-9DF77DBB8030.png (1242x2208, 903K)

I'm starting a week or two of babbyvolume recovery.

>5/3/1

Post body/lifts, sport. Then go do SS so they won't be so goddamn pathetic in the future.

(2/2)

Attached: 1387EFC1-772F-404C-96C4-AD7E7A2B10FD.png (1242x2208, 737K)

So my all-time high has been
bench
210x5
Row 180 3x5
Ohp
135 5x5
Deadlift
5x225

>Then go do SS so they won't be so goddamn pathetic in the future.
>thinks doing 3 sets of DL a fortnight and only one rep range for each lift makes somebody less pathetic

Nice meme routine. Dumb 5x5 style starter routines that people jump on because they're too dump to work out how much to lift if it's not just X more than last time are cancer. Enjoy having 0 work capacity, coffin tier diddly, t-rex proportions and grinding into a wall with this "you failed so just drop 15 pounds and do the exact same thing again" shit. There's no argument for SS/SL that isn't based on the lifter being too retarded to do a proper routine.

I've been on SL 5x5 for a long ass time but I had some bad injuries(rugby) so I'm still getting linear progression. Approaching 1/2/3/4, though my squat and deadlift are lagging.

>not true
>5 sets of 5 reps is enough volume
>a beginner doesn't need and shouldn't do DL volume, what the fuck
>true, that's why 3x5 SS is superior, lets you squeeze out more beginner gains
>true

5/3/1 with whatever after the main lift

>There's no argument for SS/SL that isn't based on the lifter being too retarded to do a proper routine.

.t Brainlet

Those are routines n00bs do for 3 months to get minimally proficient at actually lifting so that they actually can do a "proper routine."

>Implying anyone recommending 5/3/1 knows what a proper routine looks like

So where are those body/lifts?

I thought you do SS/SL until you plateau

What do you guys think of 5x5 while cutting? All the shit I read is usually about skinny guys trying to get big, what about fatties?

>5 sets of 5 reps is enough volume

Volume was a bad word to use, I'm more focusing on the frequency. Doing 5 sets of a press in a week is idiotic, there's no reason for the stupid set-up where in a fortnight you do each press three times with the exact same rep count.

>a beginner doesn't need and shouldn't do DL volume, what the fuck

More than 15 reps in two weeks? Yes they do. Look at OPs stats. His DL is lower than his fucking bench. What the fuck. 5 working reps is fuck all when you're still making newbie gains. Adding volume to build work capacity is much more helpful than autistically working in 5s.

>true, that's why 3x5 SS is superior, lets you squeeze out more beginner gains

It doesn't address the stall. The GZCLP method of changing the rep scheme up allows continued progression and has the other rep scheme for each exercise to add either volume or intensity. Just going "take 15 off and do it again" is retarded.

Autistically working in one rep range with shit for volume and frequency on every thing except squats is pointless. The obsession with just doing 5s and never changing up weight/schemes except for the linier progression and stalls makes the routine even worse.

Just started a 6 day version of nsuns 531 2 weeks ago :)

>Those are routines n00bs do for 3 months to get minimally proficient at actually lifting so that they actually can do a "proper routine."

So why not do a proper routine in the first place you spastic? Why do you think autistically working in one rep range somehow builds proficiency? Is there some magic about sets of 5 that makes your form go really good for your toilet DL volume that you couldn't do by actually differing your rep range?

>started lifting in january
>25 year old boomer
>bench is unironically stuck at 12.5kg per side

i'm just a genetic dead end that should die imo. but other than that my lifts are decent. I Deadlift and squat 1.5 plate, and my OHP is just under 1 aswell

Just keep going it will get better

>I thought you do SS/SL until you plateau

More or less. If you want to be stubborn, you can drop the weight and run it again exactly one more time. But all told, this is probably going to be in the neighborhood of 3 months. It might be 2, it might be 4 or a touch more if you were a really skinny 18 year old male that was gaining at least a lbs a week, had good form on the lifts, slept a lot, and ideally had respectable lifting shoes and belt.

The point is that anyone running some novice LP for 6+ months, or implying that a novice LP will get you some results that could only occur if you ran that novice LP for 6+ months, is almost certainly a retard.

"5x5" isn't a program. It's not even a workout without some weight, and ideally a context of what that weight is in regards to your max, with it. If you mean a novice LP like SL or SS, you can cut and run one. The point of a novice LP isn't to pack on loads of muscle, because that just isn't going to happen. The point is to practice core lifts and improve neuromuscular efficiency (the source of 99% of n00bgains) in order to quickly build the proficiency in technique and work capacity you need to make an "intermediate" program of some sort most effective.

Cutting while LPing might reduce the time you're LPing for a bit, but the LP will still achieve the basic goals of building a bare level of competency, provided you have some sense about managing your own technique. That said, I don't necessarily recommend cutting on an LP unless you are genuinely fat. Like, at least over 20% bodyfat. If you're just kind of shapeless, maintain weight but eat less junk and more protein.

>So why not do a proper routine in the first place you spastic?

Because you have no neuromuscular efficiency, work capacity, or technical proficiency under even moderately strenuous weight, you gibbering pebblehead. Post body/lifts or shut the fuck up.

For more pressing frequency you'd require more pulling as well to avoid imbalances, which would be too much for a beginner at first.

Beginners don't require any more than 1-2 deadlift sets per week, their progression is fine like that and since they have minimal knowledge they can fry their CNS easily with multiple sets. OP is weak and I could very well imagine his form is just shit, I can guarantee no man deadlifts only 125 lbs with good form, first day beginner or whatever else. There's people who get to 405+ for reps doing just Starting Strength.

As for SS, it's exactly the point of the routine that you stall so you can actually move onto another routine. It really doesn't matter when you stall as long as it's somewhat acceptable numbers and you always have the possibility of merely decreasing the weight increments to ensure progression continues. Again, don't forget it's a routine for beginners and the volume is perfectly fine for just that particular group, whereas an intermediate obviously requires different rep ranges/more volume/change in frequency.

There is absolutely no way your OHP is just under 1pl8 and your bench form good with numbers that crappy, I am 100% your form is bad. You should look up some videos bud.

Everyone's different but I ran Greyskull on a 4 day template and it put size on me like nothing else. I've since switched to 531 BBB but god damn Greyskull does exactly what it says on the box.

same 5x5 as you but I add in more because I typically dont feel done.

Do ss or ICF this is trash unless u want to go dyel mode

What's your stats? Madcow's might not be your best option depending on your experience

>Because you have no neuromuscular efficiency, work capacity

Hurr durr I wonder how you could work on that? 5x5 yeah? Fucking idiot.

Friendly reminder that beginners need fuckall volume to make progress and can run something as minimalistic as 1x5 for every lift and progress linearly for 8 weeks+.

I just reset a few weeks ago

Attached: Screenshot_20190423-150446.png (1080x1920, 88K)

This pretty much. Volume should only be increased when it's actually required so as to break through plateaus.

Show us your boobs

They're pretty firm but I'm not that kind of girl haha

Do you happen to have a pic of routine or could you type it out?

That's awesome, really good to hear that.

>Hurr durr I wonder how you could work on that? 5x5 yeah?

These people are n00bs, you smoothbrain. 5x5 (or 3x5) is exactly 5x5 (or 3x5) more than they were previously doing on the couch. So it very much will improve their neuromuscular efficiency and work capacity, particularly when you're adding 5 lbs every workout.

Still waiting on those body/lifts. Surely they're pretty impressive to be talking all this big shit. I bet you squat at least 500 lbs. C'mon, make with the evidence.

hey /fit, i've been doing SL 5x5 for about 5 months and have started stalling on my lifts, now that i have a decent strength foundation I want to switch to a routine that emphasizes volume for aesthetics. Can you please recommend me a routine.

Post lifts/stats and let us be the judge.
Also PPL 6x/week is a solid routine.

I'm doing a brosplit now which is more or less
Back/Biceps/Forearms/Abs/Calves
Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Hamstrings/Quads/Abs/Calves
Biceps/Forearms/Triceps/shoulders
Rest
AM: Lower Body Pump PM Upper Body pump
Rest

I do 2-4 exercises per muscle group done DC style rest pause or to a drop set depending on the nature of the exercise (EG for quads I'm willing to rest pause hack squats/leg extensions/split squats, but I'll either do a straight set to failure or a drop set for something like squats).
When I stop being able to add reps/weight I change the exercise

I've been doing this for around eight weeks, I'm growing decently/getting stronger so there's that

Just getting back into lifting after a couple month hiatus. I feel like I'm starting from the beginning...I was 1/2/3/4 at my peak. What routine should I start back in with to get back on the horse?

5'11, 180lbs

squat 5x5: 235
bench: 170
ohp: 110
row: 150
diddly: 275

not impressive i know but it's a lot better than where i started

Greyskull LP with chinups/curls was what I did. Got massive gains. Def recommend this program over SS or SL.

Not bad, as said already you could hop on PPL. Then again, I feel like your numbers could increase some before changing routines. Have you tried decreasing your progression per session? What increments do you use?

>Got massive gains
May I ask how massive these gains were? Can you maybe post lift progression/a pic?

Looking for a program specifically focused on size to do after cut
Lifts are above 1/2/3/4 and unsure of what program to run after cutting

That's really great to hear. Were you specifically cutting or bulking, or just kind of eating a lot of protein and doing the thing?

i feel like ive got about 10lbs left in the tank for squat, 20 on dead lift, maybe 10 on bench and row. OHP has been a bitch after i hit 105 but i hear that's normal.

I usually increase 5lbs after i successfully complete a 5x5. Have failed to progress three sessions now on squat, 2 sessions on bench and deadlift. 4 on OHP.

Honestly im ready to start training arms, and i feel i would benefit from doing higher volume all over my body at this point. will look into PPL thanks for the recommend

>I usually increase 5lbs
Hah, found what's wrong, I knew it. You're only supposed to increase by 5lbs for the first few workouts, after that you buy smaller plates (think 2.5 lbs total or 1.25lbs per side) to continue making progress. I'm telling you this because I've experienced this firsthand, stalled on bench and OHP for months until I found out and I was back at making progress each workout again, it felt great.

>premium package is a subscription now
>can't transfer old premium to my new phone
Annoyed me a little bit.

>Like how the fuck is your DL lower than your bench. What a stupid program.

recommended starting weights are based on the lifters current maxes, it's not the program's fault that OP neglected to do DLs and did nothing but bench

Not that you need to understand anything about a topic before talking shit about it on a mongolian find local men in your area forum and giving shitty advice

That is a bummer I'm glad I know

Almost 4 months into SL 5x5
Squat: 195 5x5
Bench: 115 5x5
Pendlay Row: 120 5x5
OHP: 80 5x5
DL: 195 1x5
Gonna try to hit 1pl8 bench/row and 2pl8 squat/DL before I move on to anything else
However I'm also having a problem, posting from /sig/: I failed last time I tried 205 (only got 2 reps) but this time I couldn’t get any reps at that weight. I would get tight and ready to lift but I couldn’t get it off the ground. I deloaded 10 pounds and couldn’t get it. Deloaded 10 more and still couldn’t.
I think it’s some sort of mental thing. I’m starting to have a hard time with squats so I stand there for 30 seconds with the bar on my back before lifting because I’m worried about having more lower back pain than I already do

My gripp gives out during deadlifts.

NSuns linear progression put 200 pounds on my total after 6 months

It's not that I don't deadlift I'm just not good at it. I've been holding at the top for the last rep hopefully it will help me get through to respectable numbers

I agree with everything except deadlift part. We don't know why his deadlift is weak. I did SL 5x5 before GZCLP and my deadlift was fine but god damn the stalling was a bitch.

use a double overhand as long as you possibly can, then add chalk.
continue like this as long as you possible can, then change to hook grip.
continue as long as you possibly can, then change to alternate grip.
make sure you routinely switch which side is supinated for your alternate grip so you don't develop imbalances in your upper arms/shoulders

I found a workaround because I have muscle tightness due to having minor cerebral palsy. I used to do a bro split that explains why my bench is higher than my deadlift currently never did leg days back then. Right now I'm using a trap bar because normal deadlifts made my left calf cramp up

I've never been higher than 12% body fat, which is cool but I'm not flexible at all. I would probably be taller if I was born normally but I like the gym because I'm making the best of what I got

ICF 2 + autism

AmbxAmx / BmAxBmx

A/B:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Row/diddly 3x5/ 1x5
Standing press 3x5
Cheat curl/chins 2x8

Seated calve raise 2x8
Standing calve raise 2x15

M:
Prowler cart push to farmers carry to sandbag carry 3x, usually on Tuesday and Saturday.

Daily facepulls, serratus pushups and full body crunches 2x a few before failure.
Usually work in some armwrestling training and neckwork whenever I feel like it.
Gonna get uuuuuuuuuge and cure my garbage asthma bois wish me luck

Attached: 1553208576231.jpg (607x608, 37K)

Don't use a trap bar, do conventional deadlifts
Your form is crap, work on improving it
Do your deadlifts so they can catch up with your other lifts

Is there a reason you're running this specific plan?

I understand why you would tell me to do a conventional deadlift but due to muscle tightness it's just easier to do a trap bar deadlift and I don't want to screw up my legs because they already kind of messed up out of the gate. I could do low handles if that's better for me?

good to know. I will try that out and see if it helps

Can't remember the name of him, but there's a kid with bad CB who power cleaned 240lbs like two months ago on insta, I understand your concerns, but maybe look more into what you can do to perform the lift better.
But if you don't want to, trap bar deads are better than none.

No, the trap bar deadlift is not the same as the conventional. Is there no way for you to fix your muscle tightness? Maybe it can be done with some stretching.

The doctor said it won't get worse but it's not going to get a whole lot better. If you want to share some stretches with me I can try them.

Not them, but question for you. I have an injury to my left middle finger, I can't close it all the way anymore. My left hand gives out around 4 or 5 reps at 225lbs but everything else feels great. Should I just use straps for my left hand or is that dumb?

My lifts are currently pretty shit.
OHP = 105lbs
Reverse grip BP = 160 lbs
Squat and diddly = 215 lbs
All 5x5.
Should I jump into SL until I reach 1/2/3/4? Or do something else? Currently doing
A
RG Bench press
OHP
Chinups
Db Rows
Tricep pressdowns or hammer curls
B
Squats
Diddlys
Bulgarian split squats
Leg curls

ABxABxx

>Reverse grip bench press
>doing ohp and bench on the same day
>dumbbell rows
>leg curls
>bulgarian split squats
Just do SS dude, 5x5 won't take you very far compared to 3x5

bumping for knowledge

Starting strength, progress will be much easier/faster/enjoyable because of muscle memory.

not being able to close your grip all the way is a pretty big issue, will it not repair itself if you deload and give it some time to heal?

Otherwise yeah use the wrist strap if it's the only thing that'll work. No point in limiting your back and hamstring development with a finger injury

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-10-19-24-25-816_com.jimber.workit.jpg (1080x1677, 142K)

Attached: IMG_20190410_192501.jpg (1080x1689, 137K)

Yeah, it's not lifting related and it might be fixable with surgery but I dunno. Pretty permanent otherwise. Strappin up my left hand it is. Maybe I can try pinch plate farmers walks to try to train my grip separately?

You could do that but you'd still be in a permanent disadvantage. Straps are probably a good idea.

Phraks with random accessories AxBxAxx etc

A
*Row 3x5+
*Bench 3x5+
*Squat 3x5+
*Chin ups 3x10 (assisted cause I'm a weak shit)
*Face pulls 3x10-15
*Tricep pulldown 3x10-15
*Chest press 3x10
*Cable curls *3x10

B
*Chin-ups 3x10
*OHP 3x5+
*Deadlifts 3x10+
*Lat pulldown 3x10
*Seated row 3x10
*Face pulls 3x10-15
*Bicep curls 3x8-10
*Shoulder press 3x10

Stopped workout out a year or so back, only been at it one month so far.
Bench - 115x5
Squat - 185x5
Deadlift - 225x10
OHP - 85x5

Attached: IMG_20171201_001713.jpg (1249x937, 86K)

have you spoken to your doctor about rehabilitation? what kind of injury is it

Spotoshot 2.0 for bench and general high volume for everything else

Attached: EC055AE6-EF72-4FA6-AB5D-B1AB82E3950F.png (1334x750, 3.6M)

Exactly the same bro I hit 1/2 but squat and deadlift are behind. Be careful of your lower back I injured myself on rows and I've been out for a week

Shoo shoo twink.

What is 1/2/3/4? Measuring plates or pounds?

One plate overhead 2 plate bench 3 plate squat and 4 plate deadlift is what they mean

45lb/20kg plates
Overhead Press: 1 plate on each side
Bench Press: 2 plates on each side
Squat: 3 plates on each side
Deadlift: 4 plates on each side

Why so much volume? Limited weight selection?

Those accessories are just going to get into your way. Also it's not really phraks GSLP if you toss a bunch of accessories into it.

Russian bear with squats as lower body movement, and alternating bench/ohp

I didn't hit great numbers but I did used to work out a bit before. Recovery is fine, I'm still adding weight every workout and I just don't do the accessory work if I'm feeling beat. After running PGSLP previously, the barebones program is boring to me now and doing more doesn't seem to be hindering my process (yet).

Started last month with
Bench - 95x5
Squat - 135x5
Deadlift - 135x5
OHP - 65x5

Jeez, the most I’ve seen people do at my college gym is rhe 2/3/4 side of that, never seen anybody OHP more than 35lb/side

Yeah, it's everyone's weakest lift. The clip on the Starting Strength YouTube channel of Chase Lindley pressing 350 overhead was inspiring for me, makes me want to focus on it a lot more.

Jim Stoppani Shortcut to Size

You mean I could've done Greyskull instead of 5x5? I fucking hate squatting 3x a week.

Attached: 1535195442755.gif (320x180, 2.03M)

Link it brother
I wanna get big OHPs

wrong

>if only I had a bar that didn't fuck up the doorway
Get an equalizer bar.

Attached: gympak-parallete-bars-yellow-equalizer[1].jpg (458x458, 18K)

Sure my man
youtu.be/0vdW-106gSA

Arnold Split with 5/3/1 on main lifts