Why do people take acid?

Why do people take acid?

youtube.com/watch?v=9UtbCY98Gn8

So basically it makes your vision really blurry. Why would anyone willing do this to themselves for 12 hours?

Attached: download.jpg (500x321, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gQQrrCjZyPc&t=0m1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cuz weird shit happen in your brain while on acid and it can either fix you or destroy you

>funny forms and funny colours make me go giggle giggle

also in microdosis it can help you with being more open towards yourself and others

Attached: Yrnewx8.png (1027x731, 28K)

That's not what it "basically" does you fucking retard

It's less about the visuals and more about the headspace.
Your belief systems break down. Default Mode Network and Language areas of the brain are suppressed, and as a result you lose both your sense of self, and you no longer see the world through symbols and language. You also may face some parts of yourself that you don't want to face.

Attached: SaneAdmirableBlacknorwegianelkhound.webm (1280x720, 1.87M)

>microdosis
I've never met anyone who does this who is successful or happy over the long term

Psychedelics greatly intensify emotions and offer an altered perception to think about things. The visual distortions are much less interesting than the cognitive effects.

It completely changes how you perceive the world user. It is a much more powerful drug than is often let on. It is literally impossible to explain unless you try it but I assure you it is far far more than blurry vision for 12 hours.

>microdosis
I did this in uni. My roommate sold LSD out of a vile and every now and then I would pay him to microdose. My mood would get better within the hour and whatever I was stuck on seemed not so bad. I have OCD and I never once had a compulsive thought while on it. The only problem with it is the high risk of actually tripping. There is no better way to fuck up your day than to take LSD unprepared.

so just a general mood boost?
are there any studies demonstrating that this works?

I am currently on a micro dose of lsd. It tends to affect people differently. For me I get mild euphoria and more creative thinking. Or at least I perceive it to be more creative.

meh, I don't really need more creativity, I mostly need less anxiety, more relaxation, more energy, etc.

People always say this

Stuff like what? Your insecurities, your childhood?

>So basically it makes your vision really blurry.
Yes and weed makes you a hippie

It's bullshit, all it does is make you retarded. Only faggot normies who know nothing about the world make it out to be a rite of passage. No I haven't done it and I don't care.

For me, it was actually facing the fact that I am a terrible person that constantly avoids others and burns every bridge I have just so I can be alone. When you're on psychedelics, it's like my thoughts about being that become completely unrestrained. I lose control over whether or not I thought about that, and all I could do was realize it, and think about that fact.

>It's bullshit, all it does is make you retarded.
>No I haven't done it
kek

I would really fucking like to try psychedelics man. But my close family has history of mental issues and I fear it will fire it up in me too.

Fuck off cunt. How could anyone not want to take acid? Its some life changing shit. The most realistic virtual reality there is. Plus you feel like jesus for a week aftereards so...

try these youtube.com/watch?v=gQQrrCjZyPc&t=0m1s

i'm the guy who start the microdosing talk, its not for everyone just like any drug, i cant tolerate alchohol for example. and like someone says is different on all people, for me was an more open relationship, i'm not longer doing it because is not mean to be a long term thing, you should try another thing tho for what you want

Microdosing LSD works really well for me due to my ADHD. I usually take about 25ug a day and it's like I'm a completely different person. All of my anxiety is gone and I feel so free thinking with nothing holding me back. Also taking about 100-150ug with your friends is really fun because you're all fucked and see some trippy shit. While many people think LSD is for the visuals I do think you should take it for the thinking part. I literally stayed up all night after a day of microdosing, and wad just thinking. Thinking of things that I never thought wad possible. It is like you get to connect with your subconscious. Please be aware of the consequences and do your research before taking any substance

FUCK YOU CUNT TRY BEFORE YOU BAG IT OUT

how do you measure 25ug when it comes on blotters?

Don't. It's not worth a lifetime of psychosis/schizophrenia or whatever the fuck it might trigger

Attached: 3281-21369-2167.jpg (640x480, 25K)

does it affect your mental processing? weed helps my emotional control but it makes me stupid as shit.

still take it for the giggles but in specials days

Yeah, I won't. I resisted for ten years already. Just like to whine about the fact.

Depends on the mental issues your family has but if it's anxiety/depression type shit you will probably be all right with some supervision and some valium on hand. If it's more schizophrenia/psychosis type stuff definitely avoid like the plague

You get an entirely different perception of reality.
I have a friend who once took 4 tabs at once and it was like he left to another plane of existence for at least a day.

>a lifetime of psychosis/schizophrenia
it only trigger it if you are prone to that i have seen people lose his shit with "less harm" things

Soak a tab in water or lemon juice (that you know the dose of) and drink a fraction of it every day. Fir exampe a 100 ug tab in 400ml of water and then drink 100 mls every day.

Acid has never made my vision blurry. I still see totally clearly but objects breathe and stuff with straight edges start to wobble and curve. Colours become more vibrant, my room that has white walls looked completely purple once. It totally changes how you think too, I was standing by a friends front door in the countryside smoking a ciggie when I started imagining myself taking huge steps over all of the hills I could see then running off into the wilderness with my new massive legs and for a little bit I thought I could really do it, cracked me up big time. Good shit

Attached: 1545957281801.jpg (320x320, 15K)

>Plus you feel like jesus for a week aftereards so...

I know exactly what you mean lmao

Schizophrenia yeah, but psychosis is for everyone.

how do you know the dosage of the blotter is what i mean
the seller doesn't even know

Comment upvoted. User recieved 1 karma.

I've meditated and practiced pranayama (yoga breathing) daily for nearly 30 years. Never took drugs for no orther reason than I just never took drugs, they were never on my radar. Just last year aged well into my 50s I had the opportunity to take LSD and did so. I can tell you that a great deal of what I have 'seen' and experienced through the practices was replicated, only way more subtle, the experience of light especially was so fine and I saw everything around me as various forms of light. You might say it reinforced and enhanced my experience of reality. I saw myself as having a body of light, as well as my friend also as a body of light, but both were somehow transposed, for want of a better word, over top ove the physical bodies, as if they were together but also independent of each other. For example, obviously the physical bodies could not merge or move through each other whereas these light bodies could. I was aware the light body could reach through a lounge chair or a wall. The other remarkable moment was just a split second before my phone chimed with an email notification I saw a very brief flash of light beaming into my phone. These experiences and a few others really stuck with me and showed me that there's a whole other infinite reality beyond this thick, gross, sluggish 3D reality we call a world, we are so much more than these dull, decaying corpses. This is what I have come to know through practices but the LSD experience showed me a whole different perspective on it, as if opening up a new channel through which to view life. I've had no desire to repeat the experience at this stage.

Attached: 73791B2F-FBC7-4359-9802-FD30AE615500.jpg (236x375, 41K)

You can send them in to get them tested (ive never done it) but if you buy acid onpine you allmost allways get the dose it says.

i remember one time when objets and even the room was changing on proporsions like one minute the room was fucking huge and the bed i was laying was two times bigger, and then i stand up and the roof was "almost" touching my head it was such a funny trip

Psychedelics affect your mind so whatever you experience is dependent on what you do or think about. A trip is something very personal and subjective in my opinion but definitely worth it. The user you replied to managed to put it in a very neutral and objective way but to fully understand it you'd have to try it yourself. No words would ever be enough to describe it especially because it's highly dependent on the person taking it.

I'd use these lyrics to describe my personal experience with the drug
>Simple, like a drop of sun, And the world spun on, but upside-down

for me, it broke down assumptions I wasn't aware I was making. In particular, it changed some of my views about sources of self worth (at the time, I was somebody who defined value as a person entirely by GPA).

you'll want to take the day after to sort through what was just trippin' bullshit, though

>Why would anyone willing do this to themselves for 12 hours?

It was 15+ fucking hours for me
Don't ever pop more tabs inbetween the trip. Fuck. Lol. Fuck.

I have done acid and i agree with you.
But
It does let you look and think about stuff in different perspectives.

Done acid two or three times

Worth doing a few times but gets old, atleast for me made me anxious, but made me realize limits of human perception and shit

Attached: screenshot-2014-10-11-02-15-42.png (1920x1080, 174K)

What others have said, but let me add more something more positive: LSD lets you see things clearly, but also your strengths, how to improve your mindset in normal life, and things that really matter \ make you happy

In my experience it evokes a childlike curiosity where you can maintain your adult intelligence. You might look at something you see every day, but in that state you really think about that thing inside out. You drop your estaished understanding of things and see them as if they were new, but you won't rediscover them in the same way that you did the first time around.

The visuals can be neat, but the way you perceive things semiotically is the really interesting part.

I listened to some classical music during the peak of my last trip and the sheer beauty gave me an overwhelming full body orgasm for 10 minutes straight. I was writhing on my bed as each note drew tears from my face. LSD does something very unique and special. It helped me quit other drugs too. I stopped smoking weed and drinking coffee.

don't trop it friends. I tried it once to many times. The rabbit whole aint no joke. Acid isn't something to fuck around with. its a lot more than just blurry vision, everything moves in patterns and you feel on top of the world.

I took shrooms and it was probably the coolest experience of my life, I'd love to try it again or acid but I'm too socially retarded to get any.

Attached: 1546117656311.jpg (700x579, 162K)

That's how I felt on shrooms, I ran out into the woods in my back yard and was in absolute awe of nature like I was a child seeing it for the first time

The visuals were pretty cool too, colors were super HD, bright, and saturated and the walls and ceilings warped too.