SUPER METAL BLOOD MOON

Ya'll ready for the supermoon lunar eclipse? Just took this now, it begins soon.

Attached: _DSC8020.jpg (2293x1661, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2019-january-21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm gonna look at the pictures you post, so keep them coming.

Nice pic, added it to my wallpapers folder.

It's -3 F (-19 C) here right now. I'll look out a window or something.

what time does it ACTUALLY start

sure thing, I just wont be updating much as it takes a while for the shadow to move over the moon. Peak eclipse is less than two hours away for me, but there are plenty of interesting partial coverings in between then. Will keep posting as I take them

This will not be happening again until 2021, and the weather here is crystal clear and cold, so it will make for excellent photos!

pic related my conditions. stay warm and enjoy the photos, user

I think it depends on time zone perhaps? Its full peak blood red in my area (wisconsin) at 11:10pm

Attached: Annotation 2019-01-20 212741.jpg (205x287, 10K)

>I think it depends on time zone perhaps? Its full peak blood red in my area (wisconsin) at 11:10pm
im central time zone. where would i even check? google hasn't been helping me for shit

IT BEGINS

the shadow of the earth is beginning to trek across the moon. will be out again for a larger slice. I am shooting and running because fuck its chilly out.

I am central too. This map will allow you to put in your location and then it gives a live update of the path.

Attached: _DSC8022.jpg (3625x2039, 165K)

>I am central too. This map will allow you to put in your location and then it gives a live update of the path.
what map

kek forgot the link my bad
timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2019-january-21

>says it's totally visible
>can't see the moon

Attached: the_great_hunt_begins_by_swietopelk-d5hej29[1].jpg (900x1308, 104K)

it might be cloudy where you are at, its in the easternish sky

It sucks. This is bullshit. The max that can happen is some reddish tint and that's fucking it. Stop wasting time with this shit unless you're with friends who pretend they give a shit, but if you're a true robot you're fucking alone and fuck this moon bullshit.

Attached: natalney1.jpg (304x456, 45K)

It is cloudy and snowing, it has been for awhile. Got a couple feet of snow outside.

are you okay user? Would you like to talk about something?

I am also drinking, but whiskey. Its fun with a good camera to get the cool colors with.

>It sucks. This is bullshit. The max that can happen is some reddish tint and that's fucking it. Stop wasting time with this shit unless you're with friends who pretend they give a shit, but if you're a true robot you're fucking alone and fuck this moon bullshit.
shut the fuck up. robots aren't all about being lonely 24/7 fag.

We are at half of the shadow, the penumbra, now over the moon. Its getting interesting. I love this part more than the actual full eclipse, as this is an unnatural shadow on the moon.

Also its FUCKING cold outside. My fingers were getting quite cold, and the moisture in the air is freezing, even though its not snowing. But I continue on.

Attached: _DSC8026.jpg (3593x2021, 143K)

it seems like these things happen every other year. Nice OP pic though. I like the moon even if moon shadows are boring.

the absolure state of this board
fuck you, normal

you act like all robots have clinical depression which is not true whatsoever. fuck off new normalfag.
>normal
can't even call me a normalfag. how the fuck are you taking these good ass pics

No fuck you. This board used to be about autistic interests and anons making great content, whatever that may be. So what if there are anons who enjoy the celestial happenings as astronomyfags?

Quit being sour and leave my thread if you don't like it.

Its just a mid-line Nikon D3400, on manual, with a tripod, and a remote so I dont shake the camera at all when taking the picture. Also I have a larger lens, at full magnification of 300m.

I am literally sitting in my light polluted parking lot with the camera aimed at the moon. Also, it helps that its a devilish 5F/-23c here and dead calm and clear.

Almost there friend! I am glad I can see this with you guys :D

A bit out of focus, but I was having issues and my fingers got cold. I wanted to capture the orange creeping in.

Attached: _DSC8037.jpg (3086x1737, 121K)

Heres a better shot with the iso turned down to just get the moon sliver. The reflection can mess with the camera until the full shadow is over the moon.

Attached: _DSC8033.jpg (3182x1790, 95K)

nice, thanks for doing this moonfag

It's cloudy over here, thanks moonfag, keep it up

>super blood wolf howl doki doki eclipse moon
why are people calling this overly long name

no problem. I am getting good pictures out of this, and its a great thing to do while drunk. Also, we wont see this again until 2021.

Will do. Next round will be the peak eclipse. I dont think I will do any of the shadow retreating/waning, because its too cold for that.

Because its a super moon, meaning its the closest possible and brightest possible the moon ever gets in its rotation. And blood moon is a layman term for the lunar eclipse. It is a kind of special culmination of variables, which is why it has a long title.

Bleh, fuck it. It's minus fucking a million tonight here and I'm all cozied up in bed.

my guess is redditard memers are doing it to emulate the long name anime/light novel shit.

zoomed in phonefag image from ohio

Attached: F25319E2-F618-4FBC-AA4D-BD0442170825.jpg (466x484, 80K)

not bad, judging from the picture, we are starting to get into the full peak times where the real pretty red-orange rusty blood color comes in

Thanks for posting, even though its phone. I am glad to see others enjoying the phenomena.

While we wait for me to head out into the FUCKING cold again, have a complimentary 2017 solar eclipse picture. I was cheated out of the full totality by that fat cloud.

Attached: 2017_0206_01195800.jpg (2048x1536, 702K)

Just about reached full coverage in Arkansas. Someone told me that another super blood moon doesn't happen for a couple hundred years. Is he full of shit?

>a couple hundred years
next one is in 2 years, yes he is full of shit

super blood moon maybe, but lunar eclipse? no

Ok good. Now I don't feel guilty for not standing outside staring at it while freezing.

#
updated. pretty sure im in full supermoon.

Attached: 4D82269F-F21F-4B34-A466-B8777FD6F7FD.jpg (4032x3024, 554K)

There's fucking outside, and I can't see shit. Fuck you weather!

>There's fucking outside
lmao what

had to go inside cause my bare feet were getting cold in the snow.

AND THIS IS WHY I FROZE MY ASS OFF. GODSPEED FELLOW MOONFAGS. Goodbye and good night.

Attached: _DSC8041.jpg (4023x2263, 187K)

piss off you fucking idiot

Snowing too hard in NE Ohio to see it

based, thanks user, couldn't see it here

Only normies cares about that shit and post it on their jew owned social networks

Robots don't know the difference between day and night, robots lives in tiny cold room with all windows (if any) closed and blacked out, computer screen or tv are the only light source

>Robots don't know the difference between day and night, robots lives in tiny cold room with all windows (if any) closed and blacked out, computer screen or tv are the only light source
that's very specific. you act like EVERY single robot does this, in which case, they don't. stop overexaggerating something so simple just because your dumbass doesn't want to see the blood moon.

Fuck off, faggot. Normalfags post it to their social media, but they wouldn't actually go outside and witness it.

checked it out on a telescope i have, definitely froze my ass off