Qtddtot - Questions that don't deserve their own thread

qtddtot - Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Should I meet my protein macro on rest days?

Attached: 1553638143200.jpg (640x426, 147K)

The whole point of rest days is to rebuild. You need materials for construction to happen.

will i lose weight doing BJJ?

i dont wanna choke niggas out i just want some form of physical activity

are those scales that measure bodyfat% and water weight% legit?

I dunno how different it is for adults.
But when I was around 11-12 years old. I started getting a bit tubby.
I started judo(3 days a week) and swam almost every day.
I lost all my extra weight

For burning fat, is it better to do all your cardio at once, or can i take short rests between laps to go longer

Why is 16 hours the minimum for a fast? Like what's so special about 16 hours, say, compared to 15 hours? Forgive me for retarded question

Attached: 1507974107822.png (640x623, 622K)

That's actually a good question user imo. Bump

Just like how you lift, you do it in sets. Also your "rests" should be walking

Is this a push or a pull exercise?

Attached: side_lateral_raises.jpg (587x500, 105K)

Not kidding. Really not joking.

Will cardio at the end of my workouts kill my gains? High resistance treadmill?

Why am I so fucking tired, bros? I sleep 8-12 hours a night, straight through, no drugs, not even caffeine. Throughout the day I feel fatigued and usually end up sleeping for a couple extra hours, if I don't I feel like a tired idiot.

I also had pretty bad insomnia for about 3-5 years which resulted in 0-4 hours of sleep a night. That ended about two months ago. Does my brain want me dead? I feel like an 80 year old man.

Attached: 1499130644970.jpg (755x621, 32K)

Push

Sadly, yes. Raising your heart rate past a certain point will trigger your body to release brascientuous molecules. They essentially prepare the body for prolonged duress by rapidly repairing the muscles. As muscles grow via micro tearing, your work will have been for naught.

push, you're pushing away the dbs.

No. Only before.

Vitamin D levels good? Maybe low in certain micronutrients such as Iron or Zinc. I would recommend trying caffeine, it helped me become a lot less tired (no prior addiction or anything)

Are ketogenic diets any good for fat loss?

Pulling them against gravity which is the acting force.

Give you a gold star for trying

Maybe you are working out so much that your body feels the need to sleep that much to reserve the caloric intake. Are you eating enough? I also sleep like 10-12 hours a day when I don’t have work but I’ll be the first to admit I don’t eat enough

Are machines enough for legs or is SQ and DL a must if all you want to achieve is a proportionally muscular body?
The injury risks of those two movements bother me a lot (yes I know proper form prevents injury, I still don't want to run the risk of injuring myself by doing a small mistake) and I don't wanna end up in snap city, will still be doing Bench Press, Barbell Row and Overhead Press

Attached: 1554399093658.jpg (600x618, 159K)

for the goal of 1/2/3/4 is that a one rep max?

What weights are typically at a Planet Fitness?

What about the injury risk of bench press? You wouldn't want to fuck up your shoulders would you?

There are safer alternatives, though less effective. I'd say doing machines only is the fastest way to make no gains.

Try out snatch grip DL and hack squats/front squats/box squats . Not a lot of injury risk on those.

It's 1RM, then the goal becomes 3RM, then the goal becomes 5RM and so on

When you guys talk about 1/2/3/4 (which, as I understand it, is 90lbs, 180lbs, etc): are you taking into account the weight of the bar (usually around 33lbs).

Example: I can overhead press a measley 77lbs, but that becomes 44lbs not counting the bar. Is it really that bad?

Attached: E2-snatch_top.jpg (1000x1250, 440K)

It's just 1/2/3/4 45lbs/20kg plates on each side, forget the bar.

Woh woah woah

I thought 1/2/3/4 equaled 135/225/315/405 lbs?? Am I taking this to believe I am far past my goal?

Yes, the strength standard of 1/2/3/4 is being able to do those lifts with good form for a 1 rep max.

How are you this fucking retarded?

The bar weighs 20kg/45lbs. That weight doesn't magically disappear when you add plates on. It always counts.

I have had this awful habit for years...I scratch my back. Randomly at night I'd wake up with a scratch on my back and I'd pick off the scabs. Now the very top center crevice of my back looks like a murder scene. How do I fix it? I have a feeling I may scratch my own back in my sleep....

1 plate = the bar + 1 plate on each side
2 plate = the bar + 2 plate on each side
etc etc

See this:

5'11", 214lbs ~20%BF

Trying to lose BF so I've been counting macros/calories. Been aiming for 40% prot and carb, 20% fat. How important is more carbs over fat??? I find it near impossible to only eat about 50g of fat a day.

You're wasting your time trying to count carbs and fat, it's pointless unless you're trying to reach Olympia levels of lean-ness.

Just worry about protein and calories.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking and its fucking tedious to keep track of all that shit. I just want to be 15% BF while maintaining my strength goals which I am at

No one ever answer me in this general but I'll try anyway before creating a stupid thread.

I am going to start the Bridge by barbell medicine. Pic related, you don't use a percentage of your 1RM, but your RPE. First line is squat, and ends with "5 reps @ RPE 8 x 4 sets". Does that mean that you have to deload every set? As you progress in the exercise, completing the sets becomes more difficult, so to keep it at RPE 8 you should deload imo.
Am I correct?

Also why does it sometimes say "5 reps @ RPE 8", and sometimes simply "5 sets @ 8"? Is there a difference?

Attached: file.png (1015x632, 249K)

If its so bad u could cut ur nails very short, or wear thin gloves before sleep

Yes you are correct, but you probably won't have to deload as much as you think. Go ask /plg/.

should i put acid on my back to accelerate skin replacement?

Attached: gg.gif (640x426, 216K)

What foods are good for my gut bacteria?
What foods are bad for my gut bacteria?

Attached: happy_cow.gif (273x253, 1.99M)

Its not that big of a deal but its best spot for fasting benefits/how hard is it to do ratio.

I didn't know one plate was 45lbs, I just knew the total weight was 90lbs. That could well have been a 30lbs bar and one 30lbs plate either side for all I knew.

Jesus christ.

Most bars are 45 lb. 1pl means a 45 on both sides of the bar for a total of 135lb

The gut biota adapts to whatever you are eating. Avoid anything that makes you gassy or bloated, which will be a lot of modern plants. There is a meme that you have to eat certain plants to promote "good" bacteria since they produce butyrate from fibre, but this is nonsense since butyrate is obtained from meat.

Cut or bulk?
6ft M 200lbs

Attached: 07B8C0D8-E0F8-425B-AE8D-785570F66774.jpg (631x1195, 200K)

How fucked am I for getting Jow Forums in future?
>L1 anterior wedge fracture from doing a 1RM squat in Feb 2018
>Went 14 months without even knowing I had a fracture, only found out in an xray last week when I was getting posture checked to see if I had anterior pelvic tilt
>Physio said I'm good to go for weightlifting as long as I'm extremely careful with form and start out very light (10kg kettlebells for dl and squat)
>General practitioner said to not go above 10kg
>No real pain except a slight ache when I have to stand up without moving for several hours at a time (walking, running, carrying packs = all fine). Despite this I've been extremely self-conscious about my back for the past week and haven't been able to relax at all
>Still living with parents and want to get into a LEO career, mum is completely against it because hurr durr paraplegia
>Despite it not really affecting what I do I'm depressed as fuck, it feels like I'm not a normal person any more and only 21 years old
>No idea how this will affect me in 30-40 years
Is it already ogre?

Attached: received_326190428088229.jpg (1124x2020, 221K)

Cardio doesn't burn fat as you'll be exhausted and then compensate by eating more. Simply avoid eating much sugar and try to make your hormonal profile better. Estrogen makes you fat, testosterone keeps you lean.
t. guy who eats more than fatties but is lean.

Thanks user

In the summer, I'll be going to Porto in Portugal for a week and then Milan, Italy for 5 days with my girlfriend. We'll be staying at nice hotels (her dad is paying like half of it) which does have a gym. However, by judging from the pictures of it, it's only cardio machines and lots dumb bells and a bench.

I'm used to training mostly with the barbell (deadlift, squat, benchpress, OHP) and very little dumb bell stuff apart from hammer curls and bicep curls. Any ideas on how to stay fit?

I have a cold, should I go the gym? I really want to go to the gym.

Hey anons, had some milk for breakfast and a protein shake,went running and couldnt run more than 1 km
could it be that i felt weaker because i didnt get any carbs into my body?

Attached: 1556090810371.jpg (424x495, 46K)

cut

do the same exercises but with dumbells?

take your 5 day off and relax.

How many extra calories should i budget for my macros if i am at the gym lifting 3 times a week and doing cardio 3 times a week?

5’11 175lbs currently eating ~2200cal/day and trying to get bigger

i lift 3 times a week
run 3 times a week
and i eat around 2200 aswell
to get big add around another 400 calories

Hey how much do you shit a day? i take like 2-3 big dumps every day since i have started eating enough. Is this normal?

Based will do thanks

Attached: 0F769808-3BF4-4475-AAE8-81CB085EA2BB.gif (500x639, 222K)

ill steal that user
also no problem,just dont go beyond that 400 since your body does need to use that up aswell

No advice but want to share that I had a back op (fracture L5) and I feel the same way at 22. I personally do very little heavy weights now but I reckon I could do it but I'm too pussy. Very worried about what it'll be like when I'm old. We'll be alright though mate.

So how is this Jow Forums, it's Greyskull plus some of my own since I'm training for my first competitive fight in boxing.

Workout A:
Bench 2x5, 1x5+
Pullups 3xFail
Squat 2x5, 1x5+
Box Jump 6x3
Knee Raises 3x8
Sprints 20 minutes

Workout B:
OHP 2x5, 1x5+
Close-Grip Bench 3x8
Deadlift 1x5+
Front Squat 5x5
Myotactic Crunch 3x25
Sprints 20 minutes

Any recommendations are highly regarded

Attached: 1553728084764.png (184x190, 15K)

How often should I be doing facepulls

Do I need to be super autistic about tracking bioavailable micronutrients (i.e. plants vs meat based), and take into consider preparation method etc (since high heat degrades some vitamins, fermentation can increase availability, pH makes a difference etc) Or does the nutrition label give a good enough approximation for the average amount that will end up inside the body? (or conversely, were the RDA's originally established in light of the fact that foods have different bioavailable amounts of vitamins?)

everytime you do pull or push or feel funny in your shoulders, you can never do enough

nutrition label is always enough turn down the assburgers

I'm sort of skinny fat, 22 BMI. How do I lose facial fat? How do I make sure my weight loss is permanent (i.e. ho much diet and how much excercise)? I just want to be very low body fat (like maybe 19-20 BMI)

I eat mostly lean ground beef, eggs, some turkey, lean meats like that, along with fruits.

What is the best compound exercise that works biceps? I dont want to do curls anymore

My girlfiend got big and clumsy legs, she used to do a lot of strengh back then but now is all relaxed/fat muscle with fat around, she cant run more than 2 blocks without getting exhausted. Does doing 16 km bycicle everyday will help? Pic rel

Attached: 20190424_095733.png (540x475, 301K)

What is the dumbbell equivalent for 1/2/3/4? Of course I use the bar for squat and deadlift, but I've always done dumbbell overhead press and dumbbell bench, is there some dumbbel weight equivalent?

I'd suggest swimming or even better some cardio programms that a gym might have. Fit Ball or smth like that is fantastic, plus she has a nice butt, it woulnd't be hard

Bent over underhand rows and chinups, also try doing a static hold at the top of chinup position while flexing bicep for the ultimate bicep exercise

bulk or cut?

Attached: BDA0C093-9438-4333-93F2-F84AF1617FF5.jpg (1037x1050, 223K)

lift?

Different user here, but same concern. The risk on bench is a dislocated/broken shoulder, the risk on squad/deadlift is paralysis. I have scoliosis so if I try to squat anything above 2plaet I'm putting myself at risk. Right now I'm going heavy on leg press machine with good form. Is that not enough?

I'm a newbie, 5'9" 137lb. Can I lose that extra bit of fat and gain muscle eating at a calorie maintenance?

Fuck. Just found out I'm much weaker by Jow Forums standards than I thought.

i bought fish oil capsules, one capsule has 162mg EPA and 108mg DHA , how many capsules should i take per day?

Attached: 1516656771423.jpg (2011x3000, 1013K)

how do I stop feeling constantly hungry? I eat more than enough.

Attached: IMG_20190424_161354.jpg (864x1152, 196K)

maybe if your sprinting or doing intervals but if you’re fucking jogging you probably shouldn’t be walking.

Casein can help with hunger, or you could eat more slowly digesting foods.

If all else fails, you'll adapt and your stomach will stop bothering you.

Do you guys ge good sleep? What do you do?
>you could eat more slowly digesting foods.
like what?

I do 4 days per week upper lower split. Thinking about upping the volume but that would be too much on this. Would you reccomend 4 day generic split for some time?

Can’t go to the gym for like 2 months, will doing like 200 push-ups and ab workouts at home do anything to help retention or would it be wasting time?

My bud wants to go to the gym with me, he has never seriously lifted before but wants to lose some weight. What do I do to not make him hate the experience and never hit the gym again.

Stfu tubby

Do you notice if your dick looks bigger after a cut because of fat loss in the area around It?

If you're sure it's just a cold, yes, just take a tiny bit of weight off.

Trying to escape skinnyfat mode atm, gained about 30 lbs of muscle and I definitely look better than I did before but all my gains are covered with fat. So I'm planning on intermittent fasting and cutting next month and want to throw in some cardio there, but someone on this board told me doing cardio on a cut is stupid since you're already on a deficit it's going to be 10x harder. But I always hear about not doing cardio when bulking because it will kill your gains.

I feel like there is so much contradictory opinions out there about cardio and when to do it. I want to do it for my overall health, but I would imagine it would be a great idea on a cut since you'll burn more calories. But obviously I want to retain as much muscle mass and strength as possible during my cut so I'm not sure what to do. Any advice?

It's recommended to ingest 3,000mg of fish oil a day. I know one of the employees at my gym whose buff as fuck takes like 10 a day. Idk if I wanna go that hard though

If I eat at my TDEE, will I gain muscle and strength without getting fat? Or do i have to get fat to get Jow Forums?

I'm planning a PHUL-PPL (2 days power, then hypertrophy ppl). Would it be better to keep the power days together (UP-LP-P-P-L) or space them out between the hyper training? PHUL has them together but I feel it might be better to let the body/CNS recover
You don't need to meet your exact macro targets every day, as long as your overall weekly intake (or better yet, semiweekly) averages where you need it to. That said, it's better to eat properly on rest days than working days
I'd say around 40-45% of barbell weight.
It's a bit vague, so you need to check the working muscle. The medial delt is involved in OHP/pushpress and that's the highest weight you're going to lift with that amount of medial delt activation, so I'd say it's a push.
Fermented stuff is the best. Fermented meat is something I really want to try. But if that's not for your palate, you can stick to kefir or live yoghurt
Normally I'd say bulk, but summer is coming and you don't have much time unless you're fastpilled. What's wrong with your tit?
Not necessarily. Just get her to run every 1-2 days, every time a bit more than the last
But you want to be on a deficit and cardio will help with that. It's not like it's an on or off thing, you're either in a deficit or not. The amount matters. Besides, cardio is good for you. Yeah it can kill gains a bit, but only if you're retarded with it. If you're pushing yourself into overtraining territory, you will impact yourself but you can just do it on off days or stick to liss

For bodybuilders at the level where they will actually complete are tattoos not allowed or just eliminate the point of competing as judges can't see anything

does sex affect workouts right after?

When I started out I had crazy DOMS after the workout, but for a good week it's completely gone. Am I not pushing hard enough?

Yes, a diet without carbs is healthier, but people on it have around 10% less muscle strength. No idea about endurance though.

I have a question about motivation though. I know about all the health benefits and I would love to look like a chad, I even have the perfect build for it. 6'3 and I weigh 200 lbs with something like 17% body fat.
Problem is, I can motivate myself to work out a few times, but I can't get myself to keep at it.

Whenever I work out I feel like shit, during and after the workout. Even things like running just make my body feel terrible and I can't think of anything besides wanting to stop. Because of this, the most I've ever done was working out for a month, before giving up.

How do I stop being a faggot?

Attached: z4mr7507dki21.jpg (288x304, 11K)

DOMS are not directly a sign of muscular fatigue as much as a response to new types of muscle stimulus. After a while, you will no longer experience DOMS in muscles you train often. This is completely normal and probably a good thing.
If you're getting closer to your goal, be that fat loss or muscle gain, you are pushing hard enough.

how the fuck do kinobody and leangains lifting methods work so well with only 3x/week lifting and direct work once per week?
I mean, is it due to high strength/intensity making up for it? I'm 5kg away from advanced level on my OHP for 6 reps and my shoulders are blowing up with just lateral raises once per week and rear delt work twice per week

thinking of giving it a try, also can you lower volume/frequency during a cut? I kept most of my volume when I was lean bulking and now its taxing due to lifting + work + social life + shit sleep

>After a while, you will no longer experience DOMS in muscles you train often.
Oh, so even the gym veterans/pros don't feel it? But thanks for the heads up my man. It's still hard for me to tell if my workouts do anything and DOMS was a good indicator for me but that one's gone now so I'm a bit irritated. Guess I need to take my reps or weights as measurement for progress.