Does taking a week off from the gym every couple of months make any tangible difference to gains?

Does taking a week off from the gym every couple of months make any tangible difference to gains?

Attached: 1.jpg (480x360, 53K)

Srs

Yes. Stop making excuses.

I'm asking if it make a difference. Can you explain if it does or doesn't and why my dude?

Attached: FGuG3umE.jpg (240x240, 7K)

If you train very hard it can be good for your gains, a deload week is necessary sometimes.

Ideally you'd stay active and just lower your volume during this week though. (one deload week after each 4-6 week cycle)

1. You dont break down muscle
2. You recover properly
3. Who gives a shit.

Ronnie Coleman took something like 3 months "off" the gym after his 2004 olympia win.

Pretty sure he continued with his diet as normal.

A week off wont harm anything, keep the eating up however, cardio too.

I wish i was a lolipop

sauce on girl

>«««girl»»»

>girl

If I skip a week it takes me a month to get back to what I was lifting. Why.

I take a week off every month or so, i usually come back stronger after that week. So I'd say no, but im a natural hobbyist and my life really doesnt revolve around the gym

Yes, muscles start atrophying after 5 days

>[girl]

>girl

Its an insanely trash scene. Not worth it.

Damn shes fine. Sauce

I typically
>take a few days off
>go 10-20% lighter for a week

I typically slam through plateaus this way.

Now, when I say take a few days off, I don't mean I'm not active. I just do aerobic stuff instead of lifting.

if anything, such a deload is beneficial for muscle gains at least. fuck these cringe "no pain no gain" mfers lmao

>she

Yeah yeah that memes very old. Clearly not a guy so just post sauce cheers

lol a u

lriG

No. Recovery is important and a week off every now and then is going to help with that. Not just with muscle recovery but with the recovery of tendons and ligaments to prevent injury. Oftentimes I come back after say a 2 week holiday thinking im going to be weak only to go and hit a PR.

Dont worry about it bro

Once you get past the beginner phase programs often have light weeks programmed in.

I doubt you tend to break PR's after you had rest weeks. I know some people do, but i think more people claim it falsely. The most common thing that happens is that you lose some strength in week or two off and that is why light weeks are used instead of weeks off.

>she

A few times I've had a week off and people have said I look bigger. I don't think it's all down to fat - your body has time to catch up.

I personally broke a DL plateau recently after taking a week off, deloads are preferable but you won't lose any significant strength after that short of time.