>start crying and saying I'm sorry and stuff
>she says it's okay she's going to get me some help
>go for a drive
>assume we're going to a hospital or therapist or something
>we drive up to a Tim Horton's
>she hands me a paper out of a folder
>"here's your resume. Now go and ask if they're hiring"
>stammer out something about my neck hurting
>"It's going to leave a bruise but you'll be fine. Now go. We're not going home until we're done passing these out."
>tfw eventually got interview scheduled
>tfw mom says I won't have to want to kill myself anymore because I have a "purpose" in life
>tfw it's been half a year since and I want to suicide even more

Hanging didn't work so I'm thinking a combination of pills and booze and suffocation from plastic bag (don't have any guns or anything).

Attached: cryingwojak.jpg (205x246, 10K)

Your mom obviously loves you so why dont you talk to her?

Just jump off of the cn user, much more effective.

Man, boomers are fucking savage. That sadistic sense of humor makes Kefka Palazzo look tame.

>why dont you talk to her?

What do I talk to her about? She already knows I'm miserable. She doesn't love me. She's just happy I get her extra money (a large part of my paycheck goes to her for "rent").

Your mom was half right, problem is you have to have a job that you actually somewhat ENJOY or are interested in doing. I work in a kitchen myself but its a hospital environment so I actually feel kinda good making the food there instead of flipping fucking burgers at mcdonalds or retail cucking. Just find a different job OP

>you have to have a job that you actually somewhat ENJOY or are interested in doing

How do I get a job shitposting on Jow Forums?

>when you have an awesome mom
>and still dont use her to help you be better

user, tell your mom you need a hug

hey man. send me a message through twitter or something. my handles @farquadbrothers . please talk to me. youre not useless. dont give up

you already do it for free
one step above a janny I guess

Spend that money on mental health care instead. Go see a psychiatrist. Your mom sounds like a bit of a cunt, honestly.

>user tries to hang himself
>"it's ok user, you don't have mental health problems that require professional treatment or anything, you just need a job"

Jesus christ. People are fucking retards.

Hey always remember that no matter how bad things get

They can always get worse

Also a gun really isn't that expensive and there's nothing more pathetic than a failed suicide, absolutely everything on the planet tries to survive, many people will savagely fight to the death with their bare hands over it

Make a list of what your problems are and what you can do to fix them if that's what's making you upset, if it's a mental disorder then the only thing you can do is try to get medication

>"here's your resume. Now go and ask if they're hiring"
This is funny and sad.

>Spend that money on mental health care instead.
Is it an option to pay rent? I didn't think it was.

Attached: 1474553676014.jpg (491x491, 47K)

I can try to convince my mom to let me keep more money to see a professional, but I don't think she'll let me. It's worth a try, right? What could go wrong?

Also what the fuck pills do I take for suicide? All we have in the house is fucking Asprin and vitamins.

It was before he got a job, clearly.

Is she really going to kick you out of the house for spending the "rent" money on fucking health care?

Taking pills is quite painful if they don't put you to sleep.
You see: your organs will begin to fail one by one, and that fucking hurts.

Attached: 25.jpg (883x674, 508K)

Why dont you tell your mom you're thinking of offing yiurself again and need help? Because its hard?

Your mum is a smart little bitch. She's tired of her son being a self pitying underage faggot retard.

Fine I'll talk to her. Will come back with updates.

'You can't teach an old dog new tricks', so the saying goes; was it wise to advise dialouge with the mother?

I thoug about having a nice hot shower, and the whille your body is still wet, pick up a fork and shove it in a outlet

jesus christ your mom's terrible. why are boomers like this? sorry your life's so shit user. also your mom plus this guy's idea is bad. if you set your career as your philosophical purpose in life then if anything goes wrong, like you get laid off or something, it'll fuck you up deeply. finding pleasure in hobbies or smaller things you already engage in is probably more sustainable, however, if you're depressed you probably can't just will yourself to feel happy by looking at trees or something. you could maybe try going through the motions and just focusing on taking multivitamins and exercise (which may biologically help you)? if not though, you're probably just fucked

because last time he did that his mom made him apply to tim hortons

Moms are often stuck in a certain way of thinking and are only jarred out of that mindset through an expression of suffering. Like yeah some moms would rather u kys than be a faggot or whatever but other than that a mother's love is eternal, even if it is fucked up

Its not a terrible idea though. When i was depressed, employment significantly eased my pain by giving me purpose. And yes it was a food delivery job.

>When i was depressed, employment significantly eased my pain by giving me purpose
You weren't depressed if it was that easy to fix.

Attached: 1545053428514.png (600x536, 253K)

>We're not going home until we're done passing these out."
lol, you should have just stayed there and made your mum wait forever.

It didn't fix it. I just noticed i was significantly less depressed when i was employed. Sorry im not a tragic failure like you and got past my troubles instead of wallowing about how any depression that can be fixed isnt "real"

>I just got over it
Yeah, real depression there, mate.

>a mother's love is eternal, even if it is fucked up
yeah sure even when she kicks you out of house because in her words i'm a piece of shit and an utterly failure but she still loves me oh she does

Damn dude i wish i was as cool as you. If only i could feel superiority from having "real depression" then i could justify rotting away forever at my mom's house like you.

I think the primary difference is that i had to battle issues that were solvable (lack of confidence, inferiority stemming from sexual disfunction, lack of purpose) whereas you are probably retarded or ugly or something. That doesn't make the depression less real, it just means that there was a way out for me. Whereas for you, you should probably kys

Did OP's mom take him back to Tim Horton's?

Attached: 1506807303611.jpg (640x477, 68K)

When did I say I was depressed?
I said you do not understand the clinical definition of depression, which still holds true.

Attached: 1474181330972.jpg (735x599, 71K)

I respect what his parents did they didn't just throw him to strangers and walk away. What's a hospital really going to Do? Give you pills or lock you up and make your mental state even worse

>What's a hospital really going to Do?
>Give you pills or lock you up and make your mental state even worse
Merica, fuck yeah!

You only have to show symptoms for like two weeks for a depression diagnosis. It's really not that long.
>pic related
The bar seems very low to "have depression." In fact, it just seems like everyday normal life.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-21 What Is Depression .png (820x496, 52K)

>mom says I won't have to want to kill myself anymore because I have a "purpose" in life
>we drive up to a Tim Horton's
holy shit the brainwashing is real this really is how they think

Attached: 14764635945020.png (709x462, 660K)

OP here

had a long talk but don't care to go into all the details. in the end she'll let me go a psychiatrist but she won't lower my rent so I'll have to get another job to afford therapy. Guess who's driving around handing out resumes tomorrow?

>In fact, it just seems like everyday normal life.
If you consider what you went through to be 'normal' (sadness), then it was and not abnormal (depression).
' Major depression is more severe and lasts longer than sadness, which is a normal part of life.'

Shit. Anons' advice fucked you, but who would've guessed your mom would do that?
Wouldn't it be better to just look for a better job instead of piling them up? There could be good coming from it, see what you can get a better paying tomorrow.

>but who would've guessed your mom would do that?
I did.
She didn't stop or even lower the rent so he could seek help, meaning talking to her achieved absolutely nothing unless he actually needed her PERMISSION to seek help.

Your mom is exactly like my parents.

When I was feeling extremely suicidal, they "found out" the "solution" was putting me to work at their company. I ended up needing heavy meds to survive that hell.

Are your parents, and OPs as well, perhaps Asian?

Don't know about OP's, but mine are white.

I see, yeah, Asian immigrants usually don't own company's,.

this is so fucking funny

boomers LMAO

Attached: 141383799091.jpg (308x288, 28K)

I mean it's "normal" in the sense that I've experienced many of those symptoms on a near-daily basis for the most part, for over a decade as far as I can remember. For some periods, they were more or less severe than others. And it even says the symptoms can be "mild" for a diagnosis.
I've never gone to the doctor about it. Not sure whether that is normal or if I've just gotten used to it as my "normal," or whether that's better or worse. I figure a person with "real depression" has it far worse, not that I know what that is. Or if some people on antidepressants didn't experience those sypmtoms as often or severely as I have. No idea, I only know my experience.
But judging by that description alone, two weeks of being depressed doesn't seem like shit.

Two weeks is indication that it isn't simply going to go away by itself, not that it only has to last two fucking weeks and can go away.

All I'm saying is that seems like a short amount of time to use as a diagnosis.

See a psychologist not a pill pushing psychiatrist with the authority to fuck your life for good. Male. Over 30. NON JEWISH.

play frogger irl

You don't understand, it isn't depression if, after two weeks, it goes away.
Two weeks MINIMUM is and INDICATOR that it won't go away soon. If it does then that is a statistical outlier.

Is that actually possible? I've been in Toronto my whole life but I've never been inside the cn

>oh no my son is suicidal
>maybe making him a wagecuck will help!
Literally what the fuck is wrong with boomers? I cannot understand this "work makes you free" attitude that they have.

I understand
And I'm saying two weeks seems short as an indicator that it won't go away soon.
>If it does then that is a statistical outlier
Neat

Attached: dissatisfiedborb.png (1200x1078, 22K)

Boomers could buy houses flipping burgers.
They cannot fathom that the economic boom of post-WWII has declined.

Two weeks straight of anything is usually an indicator of something prolonged.
A stomach ache lasting two weeks is obviously needed to be checked by a doctor.

That's true
But if a relative dies and someone experiences symptoms related to depression for a few weeks afterwards, it wouldn't seem odd
Depends on the context, I suppose

>>tfw mom says I won't have to want to kill myself anymore because I have a "purpose" in life

she is utterly retarded. i basically cured my depression by quitting my job, and it crept back with a vengeance once i got a new one

you can only do 1 thing OP: complain. complain every day to her about how much you hate your job

wageslaving is the worst, at least you can afford a gun now and do it for real. make sure to mention that wageslaving made you want to kill yourself, in your suicide note

>you have to have a job that you actually somewhat ENJOY or are interested in doing
that's literally not possible for a very large number of people. at least, for me

i am a programmer and i fucking hate it

You have a really good mom who cares. Its too bad you're a piece of shit who doesn't appreciate her or what she gives you. For my first job I walked a 2x2 block (in North York), asking for job applications at nearly every business. Submitted ~200, got a single interview back (kek), got hired. That was 10 years ago.

Your mom wants the best for you. Listen to her and make her proud user

t. depressed and trying to justify not getting a job

Maybe the solution is for OP to reevaluate his circumstances. OP do you think you could one day manage a Tim Horton's? Or own one (or more) even? Don't view TH wageslaving as some sort of endless prision if it isn't one. There are McDick's GMs making 6 figures.

I suspect you'll probably feel much better if you can manage to stop living with your mom, which means making more money. How you do this is up to you.

JUST SMOKE POT user, EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE.

Exactly. I don't get why people are agreeing with the mom or saying she had good intentions

managers generally have to have good people skills, robots by definition do not have those skills.

You didnt hang yourself correctly and thats just sad

This but opiates.

I felt a bit of sympathy for her because she's just ignorant and finding your son dead is a horrible thing, but honestly I can't say I'd feel bad. Has it coming.

Attached: 1505495965906.jpg (600x600, 44K)

Fucking stab her to death rape her dead body then steal her car and drive into an intersection at 90mph (bonus points if you light the house and car on fire as well)

Attached: image.png (420x420, 14K)

I have a good idea, user. And read this carefully. How about you get your SHIT together, man up, and talk to a therapist or your mom. Or both. If you have low self esteem, force yourself to act like you own the room. If you didnt sleep, tell yourself that youve had a good nights sleep. If youre sad, smile, it will trick your brain to feel happy. All of this works for me, and it will for you.

Exellent idea, user

Don't do pills, it's not worth it. They'll fuck you up and either be really painful or you'll survive and puke them up in most cases.
Try swan diving off a tall building/structure. Go to the grand canyon or the hoover dam or something, even a skyscraper (using a professionally made glass breaking tool), but make sure to research/check for nets first.

Just jump off a building lol.

Attached: YuiOhGod.jpg (1087x995, 79K)

How about you do it you piece of shit

Sorry (not sorry) ur suicidal haha heho hoho.

Actually i am mentally stable

I am not so sure a "mentally stable" person would tell someone to kill themselves.
And you don't have to be mentally unstable to wanna die.