If you've got a home gym and work out alone

If you've got a home gym and work out alone.
How do you push yourself without a spot?
Do you just risk it?

Attached: 1529801143739.png (1170x550, 787K)

use safetys and push yourself

I don't lift anything heavier than myself

t. ottermode

You never NEED a spot. Bench is the most dangerous lift to do without a spot and you can easily do the roll of shame on that if you fail.

spotter arms/those rope things, mono lifts. find a way op. no excuses.

Is there anything more /comfy/ than a home gym?

>no dyels leaving weights all over the place
>no meathead niggers hogging the squat rack while chatting or looking at their phone for hours
>no thots smugly shoving their ass out knowing you want it
>no jew gym fees and faulty equipment
>being able to be nude while lifting at home gym
>be as loud and autistic as you want to for extra gains
>saving extra time

you have a rack right? please tell me you bought a rack before those meme machines at the back. if so use the safeties. ez

Even back before setting up a home gym, I never asked for a spot on bench. I'd either know my limits and know when to stop, or I'd do the roll of shame.

But in a home gym, what you do is this: you're trying to save as much space/money on equipment as possible, so you should have a power cage + standalone bench, and you pull the bench into the cage when doing bench press. You have the safety pins set up so that they're just below where your chest is when benching. That way you can still get full ROM when benching without hitting the safeties, but if you fail the rep, you just un-arch your back and let the bar rest on the safeties, and slide your way out from under.

Why normal commercial benchpress setups don't have safety pins at all, I have no idea. It really should be as standard as safeties on a squat rack. Fuck asking for a spot. I don't want some weirdo's ball sweat wafting into my face, and the majority of normalfags in a gym are gains goblins who will panic and snatch the bar from you anyway, as if the bar would otherwise spontaneously snap through my hands and plummet 2 feet to my ribcage.

dumb whore. you might choke yourself without safety bars, you fat chomo

It is indeed comfy. The only real downside is that I have a tendency to waste more time when working out in my home gym as compared to when I went somewhere, because there's no real distinction between free time and gym time. It's really easy to spend excess time shitposting on a finnish seal-clubbing forum between sets up on your computer rather than the mindset of being at a public gym and wanting to get in and get out. Overall still a massive positive, but that's the one main downside I've experienced.

If no one is going to enter your house and pull the bar off you then it will force you to lift harder

You don't go for 1RM every single time you workout. I do 6-8 reps of 70-80% of Max instead and it lets me get steady progress and not risk injury or death.

>How do you push yourself without a spot?

I unironically never do, or at least not like other people do. I push myself as hard as I can before a form breakdown, the second my form breaks I end my set there and make a judgement call as to whether or not I can continue at this weight. I have no issues dropping down in weight or progressing slowly so long as my rep quality is high. You only need a spot if you're competing and the point is pushing yourself to where you're not sure if you can make that rep. Filthy reps have no place in my regular workout

i roll of shame'd 300lbs just last sunday, the only difficult part was getting it past my quads.
the only danger in benching is if your wrist gives out or you snap a bone by doing some /plg/ retard width grip.

sheer disregard for safety
>something like pic related in my garage

Attached: squirt rack.jpg (472x629, 50K)

That's cute

>rolled it past quads
Nigga what

You're supposed to roll it down to your waist, sit up, and then rack pull it up as you stand up

you can still fail any given 1RM you attempt

bro, why do you have all that gay shit and no power rack (also the tv wtf)
you can't drop weights on yourself if you use a rack

If you don't have a rack you don't really have a home gym...

It's a random google picture you triple nigger

>uses random google picture
>calls me the triple nigger

That's a good point, which is why I don't go for PRs at home unless I have at least one spotter. My home gym isn't as sweet as OP's pic, but I spend most of my days at a powerlifting gym instead, so..

Attached: gym2.jpg (2048x1152, 302K)

I have a pullup bar, a barbell, dumbells and 60kgs in total