Are lentils the ultimate Jow Forums staple food?

are lentils the ultimate Jow Forums staple food?

>shitload of protein and b-vitamins on par with lean meats, eggs, and dairy
>fuckton of fiber
>insanely cheap
>easy to cook

Attached: Nandi_LENTILS_1100x550_withBullets.jpg (1100x550, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=35&v=rU13wiUw07U
youtube.com/watch?v=xqUO4P9ADI0
youtube.com/watch?v=wnZpWIrpfAo
kevinstock.io/health/vitamins-and-minerals-plants-vs-animals/
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ORt-Q0BB4
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/4807?man=&lfacet=&count=&max=35&qlookup=16069&offset=&sort=&format=Full&reportfmt=other&rptfrm=&ndbno=&nutrient1=&nutrient2=&nutrient3=&subset=&totCount=&measureby=&Qv=3&Q330989=1&Q330990=1&Qv=1&Q330989=1&Q330990=1
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/303689?n1={Qv=3, Q330991=1, Q330992=1}&fgcd=&man=&lfacet=&count=&max=&sort=&qlookup=&offset=&format=Full&new=&measureby=&Qv=3&ds=&qt=&qp=&qa=&qn=&q=&ing=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ty user i completely forgot about the mysterious pellets of protein.

Attached: dc15150bb707dd02c35fe85f91394a8a.png (214x220, 40K)

I eat the cooked equivalent of about 1/2 a pound of dry lentils every day. They are god tier.

Buckwheat, bro

Lentils are the shit pellets of God

Lentils will make you fart massively. Just gas for like 8 hours after eating them.

There's a big thing people forget about healthy food. They're often loaded with too much fiber and have hard to digest elements (like beans/lentils). So healthy eating is thus finding a balance between what's healthy and what produces gas. For me, that equation removes lentils entirely.

based

>on par with lean meats, eggs, and dairy
Show me protein per 100 kcal.

What's some good recipes for them?

>can consume huges amount of lentils/beans and dairy product without gassing my surroundings
feels good

They taste like arse bro.

LENTILS ARE FUCKING GARBAGE COMPARED TO A SIRLOIN STEAK.
FIBER IS FUCKING USELESS.
THE MEATS, EGGS, AND DAIRY YOU COMPARE IT TO HAVE MUCH MORE NUTRITIONAL CONTENT THAN YOUR PIECE OF SHIT LENTILS.

You may be a genetic freak with special enzymes in your gut that allow you to digest them. These will occur randomly in society. Most people don't have them.

This guy speaks the truth. Too much fibers isn't good. If you're already getting greens through your main meals like you should, ain't no need for more.

If you're cutting lentils are great though and they taste pretty good.

The easiest of them all is probably dhal.
>lentils
>onion (optional)
>vegetable broth
>coconut milk (can even do without it)
>curry powder/paste

>being mad about lentils
lmao

9g protein for 116 kcal boiled

I like to cook a 1lb bag of lentils with 1lb of cubed chicken breast in a crockpot on low for a couple of hours and then mix in some store bought curry when it's done cooking. Extremely low effort and easy enough to not fuck up.

Attached: images.jpg (192x262, 11K)

This was meant for Also this makes enough for me to make 4 lunches out of. I don't eat the whole thing in one go.

Do you use the whole can?

Kek you're not gonna make gains on lentils

So not even close to lean meat or eggs, but almost as good as dairy. I like lentils so maybe I'll start eating more. Thanks, user!

but wer are the nootrients

POO. IN. LOO.

wanted to make a thread about this, but
Is there any reason not to substitute any carb source by lentils, especially rice, while cutting? The amount of protein is just so much higher, I don't see any downsides, even the farting is decreasing after eating lentils for a few weeks on the regular.

Antinutrients

There really is no downside.

Well, 250kcal of ground beef is 26g protein
doing the math for 100kcal would be 10.4g protein. Not much difference from lentils desu

Post body

I like lentils sometimes.

Nice meme. Regardless of how well I look, you will shit on my appearance because you disagree with my opinion

no

}

I don't know what kind of lentils you had bro but I used to cut on lentils soup daily and my shits were the best I've ever had. Sometimes they would come so consistently and cleanly I wouldn't even need to wipe.

so rice and oats are basically memes on a cut?
Who kept that secret from us?

Full of estrogen

source

the tranny discord. they lots of lentils.

Nobody. Based Scoob posted this almost a decade ago:
>youtube.com/watch?time_continue=35&v=rU13wiUw07U
The problem is Jow Forums is full of memes these days, so the good stuff gets drowned in an endless stream of shit.

why does this guy literally have a hat on in 100% of his public appearances forever

Show one vegetarian bodybuilder that isn't on steroids with a decent body

This is not the carnivore vs vegan general. It's a thread about lentils.

>beaner food is the ultimate staple?
>no

But why?

>High oxalate, will destroy your kidneys in the long run
>low bio-availability
>cheap because its a shit food that can't be digested properly

The only positive is its low on the glycemic index, so it won't destroy your pancreas in the long run like most plant foods.

>gas and bloating are the crappier parts
>also food for poors
>thus beaner food

Could be insecure about baldness, or just likes the way it looks over a bald head.
t. baldy

I'm not a huge fan, but they're definitely a quality food and full of good shit. I used to eat them a lot in college because they were really fucking cheap.

Sadly this is true. I'd eat pot of them and them spend the rest of the day feeling bloated and farting over and over.

hey now, I take offense at saying it's beaner food.
It's pooinloo food. Beaners eat beans, not lentils.

You know most people aren't talking about a pure lentil diet right?

So if a tranny eats steak does that make me gay?

this is true, you should only be getting around 20g of fiber, or youre just gonna push shit through without full digestion. also being bloated and gassy all ducking day is the worst.
and beans and lentils are very estrogenic

>beans and lentils are very estrogenic
m8, even meat is pumped with estrogen nowadays.

If you’ve grown up eating lots of fiber rich foods then you won’t suffer.
>t. Beaner

I wish I was superior like you and was afraid to eat beans.

>staple food
>not red meat
I remember when I was poor. Its okay lads, one day you too will be able to afford real food and you will never have to eat beans and rice unoronically ever again.

>incoming bro-science...
The beans=farts thing is true only for people who eat beans infrequently. The gas is due to incomplete digestion of the fiber, which is due to a lack of microbes in the gut that can break it down. The more you eat beans, the more you nurture these microbes, the better you digest, the less gas you have.

So you're saying, the more you eat, the less you toot? Damn, wonder what else grade school playground rhymes taught me wrong?

Attached: lybe.jpg (700x526, 268K)

What is your diet?

Yes, I usually eat meals with a primary second protein. So chicken breast made into a stew with chopped vegetables and lentils or beans

The only reason would be that rice is cheaper and easier to blend with different dishes. Lentils have better nutrition though.

try me motherfucker

Attached: 3f5f18820ffa236fda363566a2cc38c4.jpg (600x925, 115K)

lentils taste like old cardboard, why would you eat that shit

for me it's the omega 3s in flax seed

Attached: flax-image-2-tmh-10918-1539123426.jpg (1140x700, 229K)

Fuck calm down bro it's just some goddamn beans
>fiber cleans out dat dere colon my dude

>ground beef
>lean meat

so? i still want to limit exposure when possible

Just soak them overnight its not the fiber its the phytic acid

meateaters btfo?

I'm of Bangladeshi decent, so i pretty much eat as many lentils as i want everyday. But i have a relatively low lactose tolerance, and bloat easily from dairy ;(

I'm legitimately considering cutting out meat. Not for moral reasons, but because shit like lentils/beans/peas are cheaper, healthier, and easier than meat. I need to do more research so maybe it's not as good for protein as I thought, but I don't really miss meat.

Can confirm that lentils cook pretty great in rice cookers as well. Just throw them in with some water and come back to dinner 30 minutes later. Throw some frozen vegetables on the steamer rack as well.

have fun in the bathroom, you will be shitting your brains out 3 times a day. seriously this shit will rip up your colon

FIber is not a good thing, you're repeating a baseless hearsay

youtube.com/watch?v=xqUO4P9ADI0

youtube.com/watch?v=wnZpWIrpfAo

>shitload of protein and b-vitamins on par with lean meats, eggs, and dairy

Not even close unless you're planning to eat them raw, and even if you cook them you still have to deal with antinutrients and plants poor vitamin conversion to something usable to humans (good read: kevinstock.io/health/vitamins-and-minerals-plants-vs-animals/ )

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ORt-Q0BB4

ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/4807?man=&lfacet=&count=&max=35&qlookup=16069&offset=&sort=&format=Full&reportfmt=other&rptfrm=&ndbno=&nutrient1=&nutrient2=&nutrient3=&subset=&totCount=&measureby=&Qv=3&Q330989=1&Q330990=1&Qv=1&Q330989=1&Q330990=1

ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/303689?n1={Qv=3, Q330991=1, Q330992=1}&fgcd=&man=&lfacet=&count=&max=&sort=&qlookup=&offset=&format=Full&new=&measureby=&Qv=3&ds=&qt=&qp=&qa=&qn=&q=&ing=

Overall better than rice, but even skinless chicken breast is still better

>which is due to a lack of microbes in the gut that can break it down

Yes, since we're not fucking herbivores

You probably don't boil them enough. Alternatively you can sprout them. In any case there's no need to completely avoid this delicious brotein source.

lentils are high oxalate and phytate
so enjoy your kidney stones and damages joints

I don't think you understand the dynamics of your gut biome. I understand that as a blithering retard you are referring to the structure of our digestive systems, but that argument has nothing to do with digesting pulses and more to do with calorie extraction from fucking leaves.
The ecosystem of your digestive system changes and adapts to whatever you are eating, excluding complete reversion into a grazing herbivore.

Attached: 1555494452568.jpg (700x700, 209K)

Ive been eating beans all my life and they never made me fart.

lentils are part of the vegan carnivore debate
that's why all the vegan shills made videos about them recently

Implying that Healthy food is full of anti nutrients

eat five raw kidney beans
let me know if you think they are healthier after that

except the loads of people developing chronic disease eating the foods you are suggesting are benign

eat a raw chicken breast
let me know if you think they are healthy after that

Put them in chilli.

You can buy 25 pounds of lentils online for about $18 + Shipping. Just buy it from a restaurant wholesaler.

spiced vegetables mix

You were posting about vegetarianism, not veganism. Any self-respecting omnivore should eat his vegetables like a big boy. If those vegetables (in this case fruit) like beans come with good amounts of protein then why not eat them? Are you really going to avoid everything that vegans eat because clearly the source of their illnesses is their restriction?

No, all the cocks you suck make you gay.

Shit source of it m8
Only available as the ALA form wich only a small quantity is converted as the active form EPA/DHA.
Eat fish.

Listen here faggot, lentils are literally a superfood. One serving of lentils has a third of your daily needs for magnesium and zinc (both boost testosterone). Now my erections are longer and stronger. I gained 3 inches in 3 weeks.

flaxseed oil is best desu, in fact, farmed fish are given flax to boost their dha

Love lentils.
Dhal baht is literally all sherpas eat in Nepal, and it fuels them to climb everest multiple times.
Lentil soup, rice and curried vegetables, its fulling and good calories.
Dont have it for every meal obviously, but its good shit.

I like the taste. Most of the time I just cook them with some salt and nothing else.

Based.

>shitload of protein
And 2 shitloads of carbs
That's for the fattest beef you'll find, you fucking liar. 70%. 90% lean has 1.5 times the amount of protein lentils have, calorie for calorie. And a shitload of micros, and necessary animal fats. And won't have you farting every couple of steps

I ate raw chicken today
and raw eggs
feeling great

because they have lectins phytates and oxalate
vegetables provide nothing for which there are not better animal product sources

and beans aren't fruit
they're seeds

another reason why farmed fish are trash

*contains magnesium and zing in them
also contains components that bind these minerals and prevents their absorption by humans
paper value says nothing about bioavailability

Did you butcher the chicken yourself? Because if not, it's a gamble if you'll get food poisoning or not. Raw eggs are the best shit ever though. Especially if they're closer to body than room temperature

bio-availability is shit haha

nah, but I usually avoid chicken anyway because beef is just better for nutrient value and flavor