Is it worth creating your own gym at home rather than going to a gym?

Is it worth creating your own gym at home rather than going to a gym?

Attached: images (9).jpg (554x554, 18K)

no, get the test boost talking with qt's

as long as you get the work done, it doesn't matter were you do it

I prefer exercising in the gym for it's social energy, otherwise I would prefer creating my own gym because it would be cleaner and time saver.

Being around people is a distraction for me, I lift better at home. It's personal preference.

Attached: alone.jpg (500x564, 65K)

Pay a premium for equipment that you will use maybe an hr a day or go into debt for racks and adjustable weights?

Bro just do Calethetics or go to the park run pick up rocks or have a no homo /fit aproved job

Attached: 1552231109545.jpg (500x900, 47K)

Good for you then, I would create my own gym if I were you.

>Depends what you're looking to gain. And if you know what you are doing.

I have home gym to push limits in conditioning, and strength.
It is meditative, and saves so much time. Can do it 24/7, naked. Saves money, it only costs one payment of $150 for a barbell.

I also have a martial arts gym to learn and grow in skill. You can't do that at home. You need people, and someone better than you.

>You can't chase thots at a home gym. Or unlearn being autistic.

Attached: IMG_0847.jpg (475x475, 51K)

Absolutely pathetic

It isn't that much.

Barbells(bar+weights) on craigslist go for like $100-200 a set. Gym fees add up over time.

Do modified lifts, or build your own wood power rack.

Gym because I need the fact that I went there to motivate mu workout otherwise k look for excusesand seeing what others are doing to.push myself.

Homegym is great for the solitude and liberty.
Commercial gym is great for social interaction and having people to spot you.
Just take your pick as to what your priorities are.

>is it worth buying your own car instead of commuting with transport

Most people's budget will get them a basic rack and maybe a few additional dumbbells. Pretty bare bones, but it gets the basics done if thats all that matters to you.

Unless you have (a lot of ) money and space to spare you're probably better off with a membership. Much more diverse equipment allowing you to try new programs or switch things up to your specific needs.

I'm in the process of making one, but it's hard to find cheap equipment. So far I've spent about the local equivalent of $68 for this. In this pic barbell is 60kg, dumbbells are 20kg each, I finished my last session with curls. Forced to do high rep for some exercises or switch weights until I find more cheap ones.
I'll get there.

Attached: 20190424_090805.jpg (576x1032, 79K)

Hell nah nigga cuz then who you gonna creep on then cumshark? Your mama? Nigga we graduate from that shit in pre k my nigga. FOH lil nigga.
I go to planet fitness.
You read that?
Planet Fitness.
It's a planet of fitness.
Bitch ass nigga you don't know shit. You trynna be home fitness. Fuck you. Planet bigger. My dick bigger. Got more bitches at planet fitness. Got more niggas to sucked off. You a bitch.
Fuck you. Fuck you nigga. Straight up, FUCK YOU NIGGA.
YOU AIN'T SHIT.
YOU AIN'T BUBU.
THAT SHIT WEAK.
THAT SHIT BOOBOO.
DA SHI WEE
DA SHI BOOBOO

FUCK NIGGA

Poorfag

It's totally worth it. No hassle of having to get to the gym. I can workout naked. Equipment is always available. No monthly costs. Can play or watch whatever I want while working out.

Good replies in this thread. Both choices have their merits.
I'd like to add a home gym is more economical in the long run but the machines in a gym can also be tremendously useful for isolations.

Neither is right or wrong, just depends on what works for you individually.

Attached: 1548378346462.jpg (1024x1004, 211K)

I would love a home gym, would make it so much easily to get workouts done whenever I had the time

>Pay a premium for equipment that you will use maybe an hr a day or go into debt for racks and adjustable weights?
obviously someone who has never looked into buying secondhand equipment. only retards and richfags buy new. used is just as good and cheap as fuck.

>straight bar
>Z bar
>two DB bars
>130kg of weights
>8 protection thingies
>300$
is this good deal?
what would be the average price of that equipment usually?

Not sure about the rest of the stuff, but the average price I've seen for used plates is about $0.50 per lb.

i think if i had a home gym i might slack off on working out too much, but if i go to the gym i already went to the trouble of getting there so there's no reason to slack off

>implying

Attached: 20180811_171648.jpg (3264x2448, 1.65M)

Most equipment sellers have payment plans which won't cost more than a gym membership.

what would be better an exercise bike or a rowing machine.

home gym superior

So I introduced my Dad to Joe Rogan. He was reading the Jordan Peterson book and I told him that the reason he got so popular was because of the JRE podcasts. So about 3 months ago I loaded up the podcasts on his smart tvs youtube app.
About one month in my mom calls me. “Dad has been binging on Joe Rogan” ok cool, whatever im the same way.
Couple weeks later he’s asking me where he can get CBD oil and Kratom. I oblige.
Couple weeks later, he’s asking me for weed, like vape weed. I laugh, get him some and some edibles.
Mom calls me to tell me he bought vibram shoes and is running the park trails every morning.
Yesterday he calls me, he wants to shroom. He also wants to schedule a hunting trip.

I can garanty that you don't talk to any female and instead of thet you are looking at the ground when they come close to you. You only stare at them in a creepy way through mirrors form far away.

dangerously based

Sounds like you have one badass dad

pretty based tbqh

it can be cheaper in the long run, but you get what you pay for. you can get a squat rack, a bench, a good barbel, plenty of plates and necessities like clips, for only about $1000. if you do the math, the average gym membership becomes more expensive after around 3 years. the problem is that you can't get stuff like cable machines, leg presses etc, without spending a shit-ton of money. however, you can resell your equipment for most of what you bought it for, since the value retention is pretty high. overall, you really need to make the decision yourself. a homegym is better if you like working out alone, live far away from a gym, or have a more simplistic routine, whilst a normal gym is better for people who take their workout more seriously and can afford it.