>sits behind me
>very shy, 8/10 qt3,14 and because she is new zero friends
>notice her staring at me and even smiling on occasion
I don't look terrible, I'm just autistic
>ThisIsMyChance.Jpg
>Plan.rar
>Decide to start talking to her by asking for a pen
>that way it won't be obvious I'm just trying to talk to her
>Hey, (insert name) right? Could I ask you a question?
>"Yeah"
>Well I forgot my pen at my dorm, could I lend one from you?
>"Sure"
>How've the first 2 weeks bin?
>"Good"
>she didn't smile or seem even a little interested
>turn back around
>break part of the pen in less then 30 seconds
>OGodNo.Bin
>decide to just "forget" giving her pen back so at least I have a reason to talk to her tomorrow
>be sad about it for the entire day

That was that so disappointing. She showed no interest whatsoever. Is this it? Should I just quit trying or is there a way for me to salvage this?

Attached: 1544974252730.png (657x527, 341K)

my gf of 3 years didn't show any interest to me before i asked her out, go for it OP

asking her out? I don't have that kind of confidence user. We've bearly talked to each other.

How did you do it though? How did you get the courage to keep persuing her if she showed zero intrest in you?

Attached: 1547671062675[1].jpg (550x520, 48K)

>How did you do it though? How did you get the courage to keep persuing her if she showed zero intrest in you?

well i guess mine was a little different, i worked with her on a political campaign, and we were pretty good friends, but she showed no interest romantically,

also by "go for it" i meant "keep trying" and not "ask her out" lmao

One day you will be an old man and you will regret not trying.

Attached: old.jpg (1920x944, 266K)

Stop waiting for the perfect girl. Stop waiting for the perfect opportunity. And for god's sake stop waiting to "feel ready." No one ever feels ready to approach a girl, talk to her about random shit, and maybe ask her out. You need to act ASAP and not fear rejection.

You two were already friends, all I've got are a couple of smiles and a failed conversation where she said 3 words to me. The biggest problem is finding reasons to talk to her. Just turning around without a reason and talking to her is not something I'm great at. It's like she can smell my intentions or something.

I just need to find "reasons" to get into conversations with her. The classes we share have zero group projects so those aren't an option either.

>One day you will be an old man and you will regret not trying.

That's what I'm afraid of. It just hit me pretty hard how un enthusiastic she seemed.
She is a shy person though and I've seen her act like this to other people. That's me making the best assumptions possible though.

Attached: 1547420406042.jpg (561x203, 26K)

One day you'll...
pffft
AHAHAHAHHA
aha hah
one day you'll be an old m-
*snicker*
OH NO NO NO
AAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAH
AN OLD MAN... ON R9K
OHEHEHEHEHO

Attached: CMV2tG5UAAAgu9X.jpg (262x263, 12K)

the perfect opportunity. And for god's sake stop waiting to "feel ready." No one ever feels ready to approach a girl, talk to her about random shit, and maybe ask her out. You need to act ASAP and not fear rejection.

She sits right behind me user, I can't just turn around and talk about_ Well talk about what? I'm really terrible at small talk, not even mentioning the fact she's a girl I'm interested in.

Attached: 1543433494636.png (1094x575, 93K)

>fuck me I forgot to make it greentext, sorry user

I'm a robot, but I tackle that by being direct.

You're an autie and don't demonstrate interest when talking to her. Maybe she goes through that too.

Also
Topkek

>She sits right behind me user, I can't just turn around and talk about_ Well talk about what? I'm really terrible at small talk, not even mentioning the fact she's a girl I'm interested in.

after a lesson try going up to her and say something like "did you get the thing about (whatever), i didn't really understand it that well"

shit like that gets the conversation going, you just need to make it to the point where you can talk to her about random shit.

user, it's possible that she's not interested and that's okay. But my point is you dont need a good REASON to talk to her. Normies make small talk all the time. Just turn around and ask if she did an assignment or some shit, and go from there. Maybe just make a casual comment like "this professor is brutal" or some random shit and gauge her reaction from there. Ask her what her major is, how her weekend was etc. Keep it light and not too personal at first. Maybe she'll show interest, maybe she won't

>You're an autie and don't demonstrate interest when talking to her. Maybe she goes through that too.

I'll try to show interest but I don't want to make it to obvious. Her outright catching on and rejecting me right then and there is my worst nightmare.

It was a shitty fucking pen

>after a lesson try going up to her and say something like "did you get the thing about (whatever), i didn't really understand it that well"

I'm sitting next to one of the smartest guys in class. I'm doubtful it won't be obvious.

>shit like that gets the conversation going, you just need to make it to the point where you can talk to her about random shit.

That's the plan, I just have no idea how to get there.

Attached: cropped-nightfall-in-the-rocky-mountains-wallpaper1.jpg (1500x878, 254K)

as a previous post mentioned, normies small talk and talk to people all the time, just talk with her, people dont think about small things nearly as much as you do in your head.

If everytime you ask her questions she gives one word answers and doesn't smile, take the hint. Good for you for trying though, don't give up. Maybe start by trying the same but with girls who aren't as attractive. That way you get practice making conversation but you won't feel as much pressure.

> user, it's possible that she's not interested and that's okay. But my point is you dont need a good REASON to talk to her. Normies make small talk all the time. Just turn around and ask if she did an assignment or some shit, and go from there. Maybe just make a casual comment like "this professor is brutal" or some random shit and gauge her reaction from there. Ask her what her major is, how her weekend was etc. Keep it light and not too personal at first. Maybe she'll show interest, maybe she won't

Ask her about her weekend? Maybe this is because I'm un ironic Asperger but how is that socially acceptable? I'm at the point were she's said less then 10 words to me. I really really doubt I'm not overstepping my boundaries while asking something like that.

Attached: 1536577264321.jpg (1024x788, 98K)

i felt the same way when i was younger, its really not overstepping, and its super weird to accept in the beginning, but its super normal

>a previous post mentioned, normies small talk and talk to people all the time, just talk with her, people dont think about small things nearly as much as you do in your head.

I'll try my best. I'm not great at knowing what is and isn't socially acceptable to talk about. I've never really bothered with speaking to people I don't know though. Her being a potential partner makes it 10 times worse.

>If everytime you ask her questions she gives one word answers and doesn't smile, take the hint. Good for you for trying though,

I'm really hoping it's just because it was our first real conversation. But you're probably right.

Attached: 1540240479994[1].jpg (792x844, 138K)

The fact that you realise whether it's socially acceptable or not tells me you're probably not as autistic as you think you are.

If you think it's too creepy, best to go with your gut. Start by asking her basic shit you think she wants to talk about, like what kind of stuff she's interested in or what she thinks about the new school; just inane garbage to start a conversation.

Then after you've introduced yourself properly be sure to compliment her when she responds to stuff and tell her you think she's cool, that way she knows you're not just some yappity gossip bitch.

THEN once you've had at least a conversation or two with her, you can ask what she does on the weekends and if she wants to hang out some time. And if she rejects you, just remember that's okay too, and get on with your life.

(ideally don't ghost her though because remember she will have girl friends too, and also other girls that see you talking to girls get interested through osmosis)

>Her being a potential partner makes it 10 times worse
I understand user. You may want to try practicing conversation with other people first, guys, unattractive girls etc. Social skills take practice, and if you blow it talking to this qt it may kill your confidence. If you do decide to talk to her, just don't put so much pressure on yourself. Your mindset going into any conversation should be light and playful, without ANY intention in mind. If it's in the back of your mind that this girl is a perfect potential partner, your conversations are more likely to be awkward.

Just run to the store and get a new pen you dipshit

>i felt the same way when i was younger, its really not overstepping, and its super weird to accept in the beginning, but its super normal

I'll defiantly continue trying but just asking her about the weekend out of the blue is not something I'm confident enough to do yet. Thanks a lot for the advice though.

>The fact that you realise whether it's socially acceptable or not tells me you're probably not as autistic as you think you are.

Yeah I might have bin mis diagnosed as a kid. I'm definitely a complete retard when it comes to talking to strangers though.

>If you think it's too creepy, best to go with your gut. Start by asking her basic shit you think she wants to talk about, like what kind of stuff she's interested in or what she thinks about the new school; just inane garbage to start a conversation.

But what if she's not interested? Won't she just be annoyed at this guy forcing her into conversations she's got no desire to be in? I'm really trying to avoid her for outright telling me to piss of.

>Then after you've introduced yourself properly be sure to compliment her when she responds to stuff and tell her you think she's cool, that way she knows you're not just some yappity gossip bitch.

Tell her she's cool? I'm sweating just thinking about it. I think you're not getting how un acquainted we are. I almost considered it rude asking for a pen, leave alone giving her compliments like that.

>THEN once you've had at least a conversation or two with her, you can ask what she does on the weekends and if she wants to hang out some time. And if she rejects you, just remember that's okay too, and get on with your life.

I'll be in classes with this girl for at least 6 more months. I would be awkward as fuck if she outright rejects me.

Attached: 1540378591878[1].jpg (409x409, 76K)

>I understand user. You may want to try practicing conversation with other people first, guys, unattractive girls etc. Social skills take practice, and if you blow it talking to this qt it may kill your confidence. If you do decide to talk to her, just don't put so much pressure on yourself. Your mindset going into any conversation should be light and playful, without ANY intention in mind. If it's in the back of your mind that this girl is a perfect potential partner, your conversations are more likely to be awkward.

I'll try practicing as much as I can. But do you have any advice on conversation starters that a) don't make it obvious I'm just looking for an excuse to talk to her and b) aren't to personal. Saying things like "you're cool" are not things I'd ever say to her out of the blue in this point in time.

>Just run to the store and get a new pen you dipshit

I mean it's only the top part and it still writes . I could easily give her a new pen but won't that be awkward? It's not a special pen but it's not something I'll be able to find.

"Here's your pen, well not our pen since I broke it. So I bought you a new one" I'm dropping enough spaghetti as it is."

For one, you're definitely overthinking it. Normies don't script out in their head what they're gonna say ahead of time. Make the CLASS the subject of your conversations at first if that's more comfortable to you, rather than asking about her.

>But what if she's not interested? Won't she just be annoyed at this guy forcing her into conversations she's got no desire to be in? I'm really trying to avoid her for outright telling me to piss of

I agree, you don't want to get to that point. She won't be pissed off by you making a few casual comments about the class. However, if she continues not smiling and giving one word answers, you have just stop talking to her to avoid posting her off. Theres plenty of qts out there, itll be okay.

>But do you have any advice on conversation starters that a) don't make it obvious I'm just looking for an excuse to talk to her and b) aren't to personal. Saying things like "you're cool" are not things I'd ever say to her out of the blue in this point in time.

As an opener, again, if you don't want it to too personal and don't want to make it obvious that you're looking for an excuse to talk to her, don't ask her a direct question about herself. Instead, make a casual comment or question about the class. Examples:
>this class seems kinda hard, don't you think?
>that homework took forever
>this professor is ____
>I wonder how hard the tests are gonna be
>etc
And if shes the slightest bit interested she'll give more than a one word response (even if you're just making a comment, rather than asking her a question) and the conversation will flow from there. If she's not interested, you'll get the hint and stop talking to her.

>I'll be in classes with this girl for at least 6 more months. I would be awkward as fuck if she outright rejects me.

It seems like you're definitely not ready to ask her out. However, for what it's worth, normies get rejected a lot and it's not a problem.

I've asked girls out who I felt like I clicked with in class a few times. One said yes. The others took it as a compliment, politely said they had a bf, and we still talked the rest of the semester. It's really not awkward at all. If you profess your love to her or some shit, thatd be weird.

>But what if she's not interested?
Who cares what she thinks, or if she's going to be annoyed or not. You need to understand that by thinking this way you're just sabotaging yourself!

You're trying to find reasons to NOT talk to this girl, rationalizing your failure ahead of time. STOP. Just talk with her. Focus on the positives that you, yourself, noticed (the original eye contact, her smiling, thats great!)

Of course, if after you made contact with her she remains cold and aloof, then do take that as a clue, but do try to do it outside class, maybe that was a good reason why she reacted more coldly? Regardless, you're overthinking it. Knowing your type (I'm the same) you might as well nudge your inevitable overthinking into a positive place.

gonna go to bed now anons. I thank you all for your help. Will reply in more detail if the thread is still up in the morning. But I doubt it.

Wish me luck.

Attached: 1536871507442.gif (500x351, 85K)