Skipping breakfast associated with increased risk of cardiovascular death

medicalxpress.com/news/2019-04-breakfast-cardiovascular-death.html

Why did you lie to me Jow Forums?

Attached: 1510948374945.jpg (251x242, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S073510971933801X?via=ihub
youtube.com/watch?v=KFfK27B_qZY
youtube.com/watch?v=qBBtQ4QwWxg
medicalxpress.com/news/2019-04-breakfast-cardiovascular-death.html
youtube.com/watch?v=xx3mneYAioo
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlG6qOxQ_U
youtube.com/watch?v=NS8plBLHgwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Whenever you eat lunch just call it breakfast and say you skipped lunch.

Owning the body with FACTS and LOGIC

People who skip breakfast also...?
Most people don't skip breakfast due to some deliberate fasting regime. Maybe they do it because they live a very stressful life or because of alcoholism. The skipping of breakfast itself might not be the cause.

Very interesting

>6,550 participants, 40 to 75 years of age
reliable

scuffed image..
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S073510971933801X?via=ihub

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-25 Association of Skipping Breakfast With Cardiovascular and All-Cause Mortality( (713x2141, 453K)

>yes goy consume sugar from the moment you wake up

eggs and bacon don't have sugar
stop eating like a retard

damn sounds pretty serious

maybe ill change my IF pattern

It's been established for decades that spreading out your meals over the whole day is healthy while bnging in a short time period is unhealthy. So this isn't really surprising at all except to the same kinds of people who think that saturated fat is harmless, sugar causes diabetes and global warming isn't real.

Jesus Christ. 3 for 3. Let me guess. You still beleive in Santa as well?

Yes. In 85 year old diabetics who have had at least one MI, skipping breakfast is associated with increased risk of stroke and death. If you are in your 20s and worried about atherosclerotic cardiovascular risk you really need a life.

>40 to 75 years of age, who had no history of cardiovascular disease or cancer.
>Participants who never consumed breakfast had an 87 percent higher risk of cardiovascular disease than those who consumed breakfast every day.
unless you're old man then you might have no problem

Ah, yes. The old “we looked at ‘dietary histories’ in folks who were 40-65 years old 20 years later to asses their risk of MI and Stroke as reported in the coroner’s cause of death” study. Great science. No wonder you retards beleive in global warming. For one thing for some 75 years everyone who smoked and had a sudden death was listed as “smoking cause of death” without even an autopsy. A truly impressive data set. For retards.

you might have no problem, unless youre old man.*

nice way to out yourself as a retard
sugar improves insulin sensitivity and fat (specially saturated and trans fats)worsens it, even paleo retards admit this
youtube.com/watch?v=KFfK27B_qZY
youtube.com/watch?v=qBBtQ4QwWxg

neck yourself retard

Yeah. You might have a problem if you consider shit like this “science”.

I figured you mis spoke. Go back and look at your post. You posted “saturated fat”. Of course, I realized you probably meant “unsaturated fat” but if you actually learn some biochemistry your body can handle some unsaturated fats just fine. Artificially unsaturated fats that have been desaturated by steam, no. If you are eating shit bacteria can’t even eat you shouldn’t be surprised it’s bad for you.

...and diabetes? Well, it’s right there in the definition. It’s pretty hard to make the diagnosis of diabetes without an elevated blood sugar.

never said that.I think this stuff needs further research cause it's mentioned on many other websites

what the fuck are you talking about you massive retard?
saturated fats are HARDER to assimilate, because they are saturated, and thus are worse for insulin sensitivity than unsaturated fats, do you even know what "saturated" stands for?
literally watch one of the videos and see how a mostly sugar based diet decreased fasting blood sugar in human subjects

...and that is why Physiological Chemistry is a 600 level class. You really have no idea what a Triglyceride is, do you?

This, fuck the science illiterate

You really have to be careful quoting “the medical literature”. There really more than just a few “Journals” that exist solely to publish drug ads and pay Medical Students to write articles to fill the pages that aren’t adds. Every Medical Student knows if they want to pad their resume and “get published” they can crank out a “meta study” on a Saturday afternoon and get paid a couple hundred bucks. They all know that articles that “fit the narrative” are much likelier to get published.

>sugar causes diabetes
????

watch the videos
sugar isn't b a d, it literally improves glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity
Denise minger who's a paleo retard is literally shilling for a rice and sugar diet because it works, improved kidney, heart, artery and eye health, despite the massive drop in HDL and basically unchanged triglycs

>insulin sensitivity
But that's not a good thing unless you have high blood sugar
Which you normally wouldn't have
So sugar is the cure for the issues sugar causes?

it is a good thing considering how eye, kidney and heart health were vastly improved on the subjects on the diet, most of those issues insulin resistance related
so, how is this not a good thing?

I think he meant Insulin Resistance. He mis speaks pretty regularly which is not surprising since he is getting his info from YouTube.

yeah, nice videos, I bet you thought we wouldnt watch it. Just skipping through it the studies she cites are pants on head retarded.
"Here we took 100 people that were diabetics and followed them for 1-11 years on a rice diet. Their blood sugar levels improved." Well no shit brainlet, if you go from eating processed carbs to unprocessed carbs your blood sugar will fucking go down. Also, everyone knows if you eat high fat+ high carb it's fucking terrible for you.
"Hur dur look if we just reduce fat people get better blood markers."
Yeah and if you reduce carbs instead you get even better blood markers.
3/10, actually made me watch 5 minutes of your shit videos

t. pack a day smoker

Try buying the whole leaf, no tax stuff and shred and blend it yourself. You will discover the true pleasure of smoking. You may even discover you are quite happy to smoke only a couple a day instead of a pack a day because you can increase the nicotine by adding more toasted burley. Just mentioning it, not trying to derail the thread.

Yes go back to filling your stomach with white bread and cornflakes from the second you wake up, it's super healthy for you.

Attached: 1540129416217.jpg (688x456, 41K)

should I quit doing intermittent fasting? I"m really worried frens

Attached: 1510934538511.png (300x300, 101K)

Then why don't those who rarely eat breakfast have increased risk?
>Still believing in scientific studies

Science is absolutely cucked. Basically none of the studies that are out there can be reproduced. It's poor methods, poor data, and conflicts of interest.

this
it's literally what that user said up top. Normally people don't skip breakfast. Usually the ones who do are not doing IF they are alcoholics/drug addicts or really depressed or some other shit.

DING DING DING

Correlation is not causation. Don't blame the scientific illustrate, blame the pseudo intellectuals who worship scientism.

naah. no worries

>You really have to be careful quoting “the medical literature”. There really more than just a few “Journals” that exist solely to publish drug ads and pay Medical Students to write articles to fill the pages that aren’t adds. Every Medical Student knows if they want to pad their resume and “get published” they can crank out a “meta study” on a Saturday afternoon and get paid a couple hundred bucks. They all know that articles that “fit the narrative” are much likelier to get published.
And you have to be extremely careful listening to fuckheads on here, for instance this guy, who 100% does not and has never worked in the medical field.

who paid for this "study"?
why do the people who fall into the "some days" and "rarely" categories have better health than both the "every day" and "never" groups?
nothing about this makes any sense, before you even begin to question what the other lifestyle factors are that can affect this.

Just shut up and eat the oats you fuck

>medicalxpress.com/news/2019-04-breakfast-cardiovascular-death.html

user you need to be careful with articles like these, scientists lie to you all the time

youtube.com/watch?v=xx3mneYAioo

This study seems very similar to the debunked one above, go watch it

Please shut up

youtube.com/watch?v=2qlG6qOxQ_U

youtube.com/watch?v=NS8plBLHgwo

Saturated fats don't create insulin resistance, you've been lied to by michael greger

>I trust flat earthers over the global scientific consensus
Cool

Intermediate fasting will kill you

>this science brought to you by Kellogg's!