Welp, I've been working out 1...

Welp, I've been working out 1.5 years with only a couple of two or three week breaks here or there and a month break around last Christmas.

Doing shit around the house, threw my back out. Herniated disc.

I'm going to take a good two or three month break to recuperate. How do you maintain strength during that break? I've read that one strength workout every four to six weeks is enough to maintain but I'm not sure how typical that is.

1rm (lbs)
OHP: 175
Bench: 250 (not something I focus on much)
Squat: 385
Diddlies: 350

I am going to focus on dropping body fat during this time by doing lots of interval biking/swimming. Shying away from barbells for now.

sorry for blog but what fucking sucks is that I was so damned proud of my OHP because that was my weakest exercise when I started strength training. I could barely do 95lb 5x5.

Attached: hdisk-notcomputer.png (434x444, 252K)

Same problem here. I've been doing lots of yoga and pilaties. I know that doesn't help but hay good luck user.

So what do you think is the cause of this?
Did you keep up with accessories?
How old are you?
Do you know how you fucked up? I'm always scared of this shit happening to me.

So what do you think was the cause of this? I'm always scared this shit will happen to me. I exclusively do trap bar dl to save my spine.

Did you keep up with accessories?
How old are you?
How do you think you fucked up (if you did)?

I am older, from a life of manual labor to desk work because someone figured out I could read and write.

I reached down for something and it went out. It has done this previously a couple of times but not to this extent.

I do accessories and was phasing out strength training to one out of every three weeks (so every third week, i would go heavy). I hurt my back on a diddly once prior but it was completely my fault (wasn't paying attention to form and got cocky) and it was one of the small breaks I had during that 1.5 years. I improved it (both weight and form) greatly after that so I don't think that was the cause. I think it was years of over use.

Don't let my stuff scare you, brother. Watch your form, don't be a hero, and lift. Your body will tell you when to stop doing something.

People think because their back hurts they have “a disc”. Breaking news. There is a disc between every one of those vertebrae. A real disc syndrome causes pain radiating down the leg with a real “stinging” (almost “electrical”) type pain. Look it up if you don’t beleive me.

T. Spent ten years of my life learning how to remove “herniated discs”.

While we're on the subject do you happen to know what would cause L5 pain only when hyperextending?
I can run and lift and sit for long periods of time with no pain at all but if I bend backwards or forwards it's there
It's also most noticeable in the morning and completely gone by the evening, as if stretching and movement makes it go away

hundreds of thousands of people have herniated discs and never complain of back pain. it can be, and often is, entirely asymptomatic. just because you had sciatic nerve pain doesn't mean everyone with a herniated disc will

Where is it that you feel this “L5 pain”?

If you do surgery for “disc pain” over the years you see a lot of funny things. I have seen a couple “disc syndromes” that were due to foraminal schwannomas, one was a drop met from a cerebral metastasis from prostate cancer.

This happened to me 2 years ago. I just got back into fitness training and I still have scithica. However I am at the point of either giving it my all or fucking it up forever

At the actual vertebrae itself and a bit across the top of my pelvis
If I press down on the L5 with my finger it hurts a bit, but it's not what I'd call severe
It also isn't spreading down to my legs and I don't have any nerve pain or anything of that sort
The pains more annoying than anything really

how come I have never had any issues like this and im a fucking twink 60 kg short fuck with scoliosis ?

Why do you strong fuckers always get these problems ?

I lift heavy boxes and animals and shit,
are you actually retarded or something? Weak? wtf explain

Attached: 1550440496792.jpg (720x568, 33K)

Pain from an L5 herniated disc is actually located on the side of the calf so whatever you are experiencing is not due to an L5 herniated disc.

It’s physics. When short people bend over to pick something up they generate less force impinging on those lumbar discs. Short people should be able to lift a bit more. It is actually an old parlor trick. Put an old fashioned iron (like for clothes) on the floor. Ask any woman to go over and pick it up without bending their knees. Every woman can do this as long as she isn’t 5 foot ten or so. Almost no 6 foot man can.

Steroids make weak muscle

The dude that replied to you is a moron who doesn't know shit
>t. Several herniated discs by age 17
I used to get the same thing, it's probably how you sleep that irritates it. If you move around in bed at night and end up in a position that compresses the disc it'll hurt all day

mckenzie movements side glide. then planks, then flexibility of the hip flexor. and for the love of fuck. Stop lifting! I got injured 4 years ago with radicular pain and nowadays I can squat, deadlift, kick the heavy bag, etc. But it's never, ever the same, there is always a weird feeling even though i can do standing ab wheel rollouts for reps (which I couldn't do prior to the injury)

I would be very interested in knowing what the name of the nerve is that goes to your L5 disc because they missed that one in Med School. you might consider that YOU are the retard here. Disc material is insensate. One of the techniques I learned in how to remove herniated discs that were actually the cause of symptoms was using only lidocaine. I could take out your L5 disc with nothing but 5 ccs of 1% lidocaine for the skin and another 4 or 5 ccs for the Ligamentum Flavum. You wouldn’t feel a thing.

How long should you stop lifting for?

And can you do body weight excersises?

Fasting