/robotwriting/

any robots into writing? writing is some rad escapism, so i get a feeling there are some robots that write here. what are robots favorite types of writing? i personally enjoy writing life-y philosophical essays and stories.

i'm going to try to make some serious convictions to do creative writing every now and then. i think everything i write is shit but whenever i do write, people always say it's good, so i dunno. my stuff probably isn't good by internet standards. but i can always get better. if enough people are interested in getting better and maybe sharing stuff too, i can try to make this a general.

Attached: aaaaa.jpg (474x532, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1gwY0H8uKrD7yCcdvZgHjy4akIxawqEqd/view?usp=drivesdk
youtu.be/oUnPlrfYlAA
youtu.be/Bd5DFt5BIcM
ineedhelp.home.blog/2018/09/16/maybe-its-ok-to-just-let-this-keep-happening/
ineedhelp.home.blog/2018/09/23/riding-a-train-of-thought/
ineedhelp.home.blog/2018/10/02/thinking-about-thinking-about-things/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Drunken historical fiction power fantasies that I later delete out of embarrassment

>Have an idea for a story I want to write
>Can't fill the gaps at all, end up not writing anything
How do I avoid this?

i think its important to plan things out before you go for a longer story. usually you aren't going to be as inspired about the things you use to "fill the gaps". that's why i like writing short stories, it requires no planning, just a whim and a mess of nagging ideas.

longer stories are harder, at least for me, mainly because of the gaps you have to fill. it's hard to come up with stuff that you are genuinely excited to write about to fill those gaps, and when you can't, the pacing is really hard to keep from not being shitty.

personally, i shy away from longer stories because you'll inevitably have to include something that's dull and contrived for the purpose. other people might not be able to tell the difference, but i want anything i write to be my vision as perfectly as possible. that's another reason why i hate filler.

Noted. I guess I'll try a shorty story format. If this actually becomes a general I'll try to drop a quick one shot here once in a while when I have time. I also realized that I didn't answer your question so:
>what are robots favorite types of writing?
Character interactions and relationships. Usually in fantasy or sci-fi settings.

oh, and, the best way to avoid it is just to daydream about your story a ton. you can probably think about it a lot and come up with some powerful stuff that isn't just filler. but it's pretty much inevitable that you'll have to add some for anything of length.

also, to clarify, "filler" is not really just like boring writing. it's just what i use to define any writing that was created for the purpose of filling up space. that doesn't mean everyone will be able to tell.

>Character interactions and relationships. Usually in fantasy or sci-fi settings.
i enjoy that one too. i tend to lean toward more modern, realistic settings though. but i've thought about some sci-fi writing i could do.

honestly, i could come up with characters all day. they're by far the most interesting thing for me. they're great for accurately representing dilemmas and such.

>daydream all the time about an alternate world I've created in my head
>can't bring myself to write a single paragraph about it
How do I even start to write from imagination? I've never done it before.

Just start, open up notepad and start writing whatever you're thinking about. You can add anything before so it doesn't matter where you start, just that you do start.

I started writing recently, a few short story scripts and now one short story just for fun. The scripts I already arranged to sell but what do I do with my short stories? Is that still a thing that I can publish or something?

you can't force it and thats the problem. You have to really have something you want to say. At least for me, I can write a lot for a really long time if I have an idea and direction in mind. But if not wait for it to come.

Ive been developing a mythos inspired by Tolkien, full metal alchemist, and a handfull of modern and historical philosophies personified as characters. Its going decently

Attached: ancestry_by_alexielart-d4175j4.jpg (707x1000, 927K)

>Don't wan't to write my novel until I feel my writing skills are good enough
>Other writing always feels amateurish and only makes me feel worse
>Put off writing more and more, skills get worse with each passing year
It's never going to happen just fucking kill me

Attached: garth crying.png (640x480, 293K)

That sounds really interesting

I like to write, I have a lot of different stories because I often have semi-lucid dreams that take place in alternate universes.
Don't like to share my work, though. Mostly because I never finish anything.

Screenwriting, if that counts. I do it on the side, and occasionally I shoot my stuff. I'm trying to shoot something every month.

Here's the original script for January's short:
drive.google.com/file/d/1gwY0H8uKrD7yCcdvZgHjy4akIxawqEqd/view?usp=drivesdk
And the short itself:
youtu.be/oUnPlrfYlAA

Schopenhauer was shit but you still see retards praising him over his pedestrian tier philosophy. He was never going to be a Hegel, even if he wanted to be. Even Hegel is shit. So why can't you be shit?

I like the idea of being able to write very eloquently, but I'm too lazy and dumb to read good writing.

Attached: DlpyCtAVsAAOuTA.jpg (1200x675, 52K)

Im actaully really proud of it so far. Its inspired by failure and how its inevitable,
Theres about 9 main characters in, and it really digs into how everything wound up as it did for the final hero, the timeline spans about 300,000 years just for the backstory
>pic related

Attached: E4vhi0w_d.jpg (640x947, 112K)

#
Im actaully really proud of it so far. Its inspired by failure and how its inevitable,
Theres about 9 main characters in, and it really digs into how everything wound up as it did for the final hero, the timeline spans about 300,000 years just for the backstory
>pic related
Origiolly

I started writing around Christmas after a long period of planning out every detail, only to fall flat on my face on page 26 when I realized I made three small changes that by themselves didn't cause anything, but together they strained the MC's development too much
So I took a step back, reevaluated everything, threw around some wild ideas, then realized it was okay from the beginning with minor alterations.
I'll start writing again next month.

Anyway, it'll be a sci-fi story with mecha, foreign organo-metallic lifeforms and a more spiritualistic perspective on prosthetic bodies (thank you, Ghost in the Shell).

I have actually. I always have little scenarios about random people in my head. Not about irl people, but just some cool ideas I thought of.
EX: Thought of a character in my hero acadamia that whenever a wrestlers theme was heard they would become that wrestler and be able to fuck them up with REAL wrestling moves. Shit like that basically.

This. I cannot stop daydreaming no matter what.

I wrote over 300,000 words about my autistic childhood daydreaming about a massive sci fi war I would imagine at recess in 2nd grade and continued onward throughout school and into adulthood. It was fragmented and incomplete due to how much plot there was to cover and I jumped around a lot. I ended up ruining the story because I had the main character die fighting the main villain because his father had been main character for 5 years and he had been for 7 so I figured it was time to "pass it on" to the next generation. Except I didn't like his children as the main characters so I had his daughter have visions that led her to an ancient one-use nanotech device that could resurrect him, and the enemy had brought his burnt body there with hopes of bringing him back as an assassin to kill his children. Anyway, he was resurrected and I ended up with too many main characters and also felt that the sanctity of death had been violated and now I could just undo any death i wanted, and the story had become stale and now it felt fake and hacky and I had gone too long to just retcon it so I lost interest slowly and now I don't imagine it anymore. Goodbye to the last thing from my childhood. It fucking sucks.

Attached: tumblr_ohhpshTUSE1sh9aw0o1_1280.png (1280x914, 348K)

I write short stories, mostly science fiction/fantasy, typically based on music/movies/video games I like. I post them whenever they're finished, never get too much reception though.

300,000 years? That's insane, I tried writing some history-based stuff but if I expanded the timeline too far I just ended up losing track of everything since I don't know shit about ancient history. I usually started with like 1760 at the earliest. So the story starts with the Ice Age, then?

Well, like i said its inspired by tolkien, so elvess and stuff.
Long story short this one character is sorta immortal and hes the root of all evil so to speak. Most of his actions echo all the way to the main characters in the present time. Hes also the embodiement of capitalism. So yea

Attached: QQoL0jo.jpg (1080x1350, 220K)

I write a butch of short stories that all connect in a sort of MCU kind of way. I have 4(?) stories completed so far, of a planned 10 so far. Will probably add more as the project progresses. The whole concept is really grand, I'll expand on it if there's interest.

And also, its not like i wrote every year, or century. Theres quite a few time gaps, as it promotes a sense of mystery, on how things sorta progressed. But im sure to always leave hints to what has happend. Readers havr more fun peicing things together rather then being spoonfed.

Attached: mbHf8sS_d.jpg (640x708, 69K)

>Well, like i said its inspired by tolkien, so elvess and stuff.
If there are orcs, did you go with the "corrupted elves" route or are they entirely their own thing?
>the root of all evil is capitalism
Is feudalism his dad or his sidekick?

1. Yea there are orks, but i kinda take the route that the races all stem from man, rather then the other way around. Orks come from a place akin to super Australia
Ine of the main characters faces the adversity of super rascism, as its an orc attempting to be a paladin and do good on a quest of atonememt for his whole race
2. I dont use the term capitalism as a form of goverment, more of the entire philosphy of capitalism, take every advantage you can so to speak

Attached: ysLZgyl_d.jpg (640x863, 47K)

I wish I could, but whenever I try to write anything, I get two or three sentences in, then can't figure out how to properly phrase my thoughts and give up in frustration.

>Accept mediocrity
nah

I can write some pretty decent prose but stories escape me. I get tired, bored and it just feels like that many words aren't necessary.

I have a blog, if that counts. I know when you say writing you mean short stories or poetry but I could never do that well.
This is a way for me to consistently be writing on something, and something new every week or two as well. It's a nice little hobby, haven't even been going half a year yet but I think after a slump of a couple months I'm writing some of my best stuff.
The current post I'm about to finish up might be the one I'm happiest with

I enjoy writing YouTube vids
youtu.be/Bd5DFt5BIcM

Post the blog so we can have a look.

>Have a fuckton of half-baked ideas, stories, plot points and characters
>Flesh out an idea more and more before writing it
>Want it to be perfect and to be a hit when it will inevitably be shit by mere virtue of it being the first story I ever write
>Not write anything at all, think of another idea to practice on before the "good one"
>The practice idea gets more and more fleshed out until I feel like it is too good to be the first one
>Write nothing, lament that I'm shit

I'll be straight with you, all my ideas are cringy anime shit that aspires to be nothing but entertaining and a little deep to keep things interesting.
Where can I post shitty anime stories for tweens and dumb 20 somethings? Wattpad, deviantart and what else?

Attached: .....jpg (125x120, 3K)

Here are some of my favourite ones I've written, linked instead because I think my most recent post would be a bad example of what I usually do
ineedhelp.home.blog/2018/09/16/maybe-its-ok-to-just-let-this-keep-happening/

ineedhelp.home.blog/2018/09/23/riding-a-train-of-thought/

ineedhelp.home.blog/2018/10/02/thinking-about-thinking-about-things/