Barbells

What barbell does Jow Forums buy?

Attached: b_r-bar-2.0-header-v2_lg_1.jpg (733x462, 66K)

For me, it's the Ohio Bar

If you're not an Olympic weightlifter paying over 200 for a bar is retarded

Do you squat with it? How is not having center knurl?

>implying the bar even counts

What if I need a bar that won't bend under 300kg? What's my lower bound price?

Attached: IMG_3421.jpg (3264x2448, 1.82M)

I bought some bar online that only cost me IIRC 130 bucks. I think it was made by CAP by I'm not sure. I regularly deadlift over lmao5plate with it and I've owned it for years without any problems. I'm glad I never fell for any memes thinking I need some 300+ dollarydoo bar

Babys first barbell was £20, and seems fine for my little 100kg diddly. Whats the difference between a cheap barbell and an expensive one?

I don't know man I'm a Jow Forumsbro who gives out advice while the heaviest bar I've touched was 150kg

Probably the Kabuki Power Bar. For a home gym where I'm only going to have one bar I think it's worth the money to get something nice.

If I were outfitting a commercial gym then has it right.

For a powerlifting / strongman gym you'd probably want to get dedicated squat and deadlift bars as well. Not to mention specialty bars (camber, ssb, and axle being the minimum)

Attached: power2_2048x.jpg (1200x900, 236K)

The cheap one bends when lifting man weights

>Whats the difference between a cheap barbell and an expensive one?

Whether it is likely to become permanently bent under heavy load, dropping, etc) is the biggest part. Quality knurling is a pretty big deal too. If you're into weightlifting then there's probably a lot more to it in terms of bar whip and how that can impact your technique.

The Beast by CAP will be good up to 5 plates for a homegym. If you are weightlifting, do your research and buy a proper bar.

I eventually settled on this one. I wanted the Rogue B&R but it was not available in Europe.

Attached: lh-50-atx-pbl-14.jpg (800x800, 68K)

Huh, Kabuki Strength is right down the street from my work.

Holy fuck that pricetag.

damn that's a pretty barbell :)

Attached: paladinelfwoman.jpg (1920x1977, 1.05M)

Yeah truth be told I'd get a blem when they're selling them. Knocks something like $100 off the pricetag last I looked.

BIG BUFF OILED UP DUDES LIFTING RAM BARS DOWN IN RAM RANCH

u wot

got an ohio power bar and a rogue curl bar. love both but never used any other propper bars so cant compare

I have a rogue ohio deadlift bar and a kabuki. But I never use them because I don't use my homegym at all really. Can't be bothered to sell them and my ohio bar got scratched when I threw it on the floor. They are expensive though so probably pretty good.

Attached: shrug.gif (290x157, 444K)

I don't have a home gym but my gym uses Ohio Power Bars and regular Ohio bars. I'm a big fan of both. Use the Regular bars for deads/cleans and the power bar for everything else.

How do you deadlift and power row with an empty bar bros? I'm just starting out and hope someone can help

Texas power bar.
Hate anything with the shiny silver knurling, that shit is somehow more slippery than the smooth part.

I got a DICKS barbell set for free. 305 lbs max weight though so it sucks. but home gym is nice

No him, but I just got the new Ohio Bar in stainless steel... and it is amazing. No center kurl - but I cannot tell the slightest difference on my back.

I highly recommend the Ohio in stainless steel.

ohio bars are for wannabe oly lifting crossfit bitches.

get the ohio power bar

I had to replace my cheap first bar - the part of the collar that stops the weight at the end — it broke right off. It was a good bar though for five years.

I got an Ohio because I’m not poor anymore.

That’s what I had, don’t bang the weights on the collar when loading - it will break. Otherwise it’s great.

205K WHAT
kips?

>buy
I prefer paying a monthly subscription to rent a bar and wait in line for my turn with the bar while sweaty males use it.

Attached: nekoparabola.jpg (1023x714, 390K)

Guys please

Use blocks or something to elevate the bar where it would be with 1pl8

I have non olympic bar that can carry max 160kg
It was really cheap, but I don't see a point for a novice to spend more on a bar.