Does Jow Forums like simulators?

Does Jow Forums like simulators?

Attached: Tucson.png (1920x1080, 885K)

DCS is where it's at

My computer's not good enough to run DCS world, so I have to settle for FS2004. Would you recommend the old standalone blackshark module?

No. Never understood why people like them. I play games to get away from reality, not simulate it. Additionally, anything that requires effort and learning, i avoid, because it reminds me of how useless and pathetic i am.

Attached: character_img_2.jpg (330x330, 25K)

>I play games to get away from reality, not simulate it
But it's not like you could just wake up one morning and decide to become an airline pilot, fighter pilot, tank driver, ship captain, etc. It is still escapism.

I envy people who can improve at video games. I never improve no matter how hard i try.
You can laugh all you want, but i spent 400 hours on overwatch trying to learn to aim and i still cant aim. I spent thousands of hours on league of legends and im still utter garbage.
Why does god create sensitive men. What is the point of overreacting at the smallest thing. What is my purpouse?

Its still too real for me. Do you also play fifa or nba? I know i cant force myself to play them.

>Do you also play fifa or nba?
No, sports are fucking gay. Being a fighter pilot or tank commander on the other hand is cool.

i know the feeling. I've quit vidya and I'm much happier because of it.

Older flight sims (2004 and previous) are the best. Look at those ground textures, the unintentional gradient coming up from the horizon, and the flat as fuck lighting. mmm, delicious. I unironically love this look more than the polished lighting and clouds you see in modded fsx.

Attached: bell.png (1920x1080, 1.36M)

>ywn be a comfy bush pilot living in remote Alaska
>ywn crash land and be nursed back to health by a native American woman and fall in love

Attached: comfy.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

>ywn crash land
isn't this a good thing?

It's a good thing if you are saved by a Native American qt.

I've never been able to get into planesim. My computer barely runs ETS2 though.

Attached: 20181016040238_1.jpg (1280x800, 204K)

Any workshop mods you would recommend?

I don't use that many. The truck is off the SCS forums (mp3 rework with the SISU add-on pack). One of the few I do is called Icons! It replaces the standard floating boxes and shit with lines on the ground for a bit more immersion.

>those jagged edges
Does aa have that much of an impact on your performance? At least put it on low or something, christ.

Attached: corrupted_wojak.jpg (1000x1000, 230K)

>Have a 1080ti
>Xplane still runs at like 30fps

>have a GTX 950
>FSX runs at 30-40 fps
How does it feel to be an Xcuck? Worse performance, not as many mods.

Attached: elegance.jpg (681x681, 376K)

I'm already at 20 fps. it looks better when moving. I'll have an actual PC soon at least.

Goat Simulator is EPIC xD

i like map simulators

Should I get American Truck Simulator? I really like what I've played of ETS2 so far, but I only have an Xbox control and it's obviously not ideal. I still have yet to get a flight stick for FS2004 as well.

Attached: accident.jpg (1920x1080, 431K)

Fuck Sims go out and do the real thing

Attached: php27pLpRAM.jpg (1000x750, 121K)

Its both the same yet very different. Pirate it and see if you like it.
Also,360 controller+KB is the simplest way to play. I have a wheel (dfgt) but sometimes I don't feel like taking it back out and i need the keyboard for that too anyways.

This pretty much. The worst ones are those games that as soon as you try to do something like kill everyone or crash the train it stops you. What's the fucking point

user I can't just buy a 737.

I mean if you have bad habits and keep practicing them you wont get better, in fact it will be harder for you break those bad habits.
If you wanna git gud at any game you should watch streamers or otherwise get involved in the community. I think its the best way to learn the metagame and figure out what you're doing wrong.

Yeah, just let me go out and buy an F/A-18C and become qualified to turn it, let alone fly it.

Attached: 1542851838069.png (231x277, 81K)

engineering games > simulators

From the Depths is the game of the century.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

I do, even on my shitty PC FSX: Steam Edition works annd I play a lot of Arma: Cold War Asssault and Arma: Gold

I've seen planes go for less than $7000 AUD, and even decent ones for $35000AUD. that's less than a fucking brand new car

That's a p92, cheap, and it's 125 an hour including fuel

Hmmm, I see that user has downloaded the 737-200 addon pack

>engineering games > simulators
I've played from the depths, kerbal space program and space engineers and their physics aren't at all realistic. Plus, you're never going to simulate all the functions and systems of a specific machine you want in an engineering game.
>737
>$35000

Attached: price.png (383x69, 4K)

>FSX: Steam Edition
Would you say it's worth getting if I already have FS2004 and don't care about multiplayer?

sorry just stating the facts to you uncreative lot ITT.
keep on playing your "press down for up" genre of realism.

In From the Depths you can literally RP as civilizations from different time periods like
the Black civilization of Ancient Egypt.

Attached: 268650_screenshots_20160516222152_1.jpg (1920x1080, 558K)

You can't do this in FSX Steam Edition

Attached: 268650_screenshots_20160516222141_1.jpg (1920x1080, 371K)

Im pretty sure "what im doing wrong" is a mental issue that i cant pin point. I panic easily, get frustrated too quickly, give up mentally(but physically im still trying), whine, get extremely depressed because i cant learn anything etc.
Conventional methods never made me improve at anything in life. Every disadvantage i have had at anything has been mental, because i have overcome stuff earlier in life and know its something in my head that clicks when something is learned.

why not just become a real truck driver? its ez af