Should I eat before workouts?

Should I eat before workouts?

Attached: Fedor1.jpg (2560x1600, 345K)

Other urls found in this thread:

self.com/story/what-a-registered-dietitian-says-you-should-eat-before-and-after-a-workout
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, and you shouldn't eat after them either. Just starve to death, you fucking retard.

i say yes

If you're above 10% body fat you literally don't need food

Ear on training days

Fast on rest days

do you take off your ears after training or do you transform into an ear???

Attached: tinnitus_head_img.png (452x244, 31K)

3 hours before it. It’s rather odd to work out with a full stomach.

If I'm only about 4-5% bodyfat, but I'm trying to cut/restrict/fast occasionally anyway, how much do you think I should eat in a day? I usually go for 1000 maximum, but typically below.

Yeah man. Load up. NACHOS

Attached: 34d61e9d-91aa-47da-abc0-60be6bcab6a4.jpg (800x450, 137K)

I'm about 25% bf or whatever Fedor is in the pic

My friend gave me a big ass tuna sandwich before we went to the gym and I fucking killed it out there so I would say yes
I've had good sessions while fasted too so maybe there are other factors at play
For instance lately I've been fasting throughout the day and having only one meal
Sleep could be a lot better though, too much stress

Sleep is the most important element. Good sleep, good workout. Bad sleep? Don't bother lifting

Eat a big meal 1-2 hours before a meal. Or a high carb snack if you ate 3-4 hours ago.

>Eat a big meal 1-2 hours before a meal

Lol what

I normally squeeze working out between third and fifth meal.

Attached: 1548371276804.png (400x400, 238K)

People working out in the early morning wtf do you do?

Is training fasted the only option?

once i start going i dont feel hungry anymore. Im always more focused and workout with a little more primal intensity when i workout hungry.

It takes 6 to 8 hours for what you eat to get absorbed into your body, it doesnt even reach the small intestine for hours as it is broken down in the stomach where barely anything is absorbed. Whether you eat or not before a workout is quite literally irrelevant. All these posts about feeling better/worse when eating/not eating before a workout and entirely broscience bullshit.

>wake up at 6
>run for 15 to 30 minutes
>starving
>eat
>lift 30 minutes later

I'd rather not be full after a meal, do a physical activity, and try my best to avoid vomiting.

Yeah that's what I've been doing too since I workout pretty much straight out of bed.

Was just wondering if there's a more "optimal" way to do it. I know BCAA ain't worth shit if you eat enough protein but I wonder if it could help when fasted. Any ideas?

Whatever works for you. But people dont have any grasp on the fact that if you work out fasted or with a full stomach it wont change your lifts at all. Feeling sick is a different issue entirely.

>4/5%
sure bro

Why do I feel like I have more energy if I eat an hour before lifting?

Think of the ancient hunters. They probably couldn't eat for hours before reaching their prey because they had to go find it and then chase it down, and then they had to kill it.

Attached: AgRev24.jpg (634x385, 81K)

thanks for the factoid, but should people eat before workouts?

Attached: 1530882334994.jpg (943x943, 97K)

a little snack to carb-load an hour before a workout is good. Not a full meal.

kek

Attached: kek.png (446x472, 285K)

I'm beginning to see why Jow Forums is somehow becoming more of a shithole, edgy contrarian bait is posted as serious advice. So glad I'm spening less and less time here, I have so much more free time to do things I want to do and are highly engaging.

Attached: 1525296872670.jpg (464x464, 26K)

I usually eat a small breakfast, work out, then PWO big meal lunch then small dinner. I used to lift fasted and doing OMAD, but once I started eating breakfast I had way more energy to lift.

How is anything of what he said wrong?

I drink a bulking smoothie. Then it’s ~30-45 minutes till I get to the gym so it has time to settle.

It's an extremist position, so it's inherently retarded.

Technically he's right though, you will never starve if you're above 10% body fat.

Not right before but glycogen is important. I was fasting for a week and I felt like shit constantly, 0 endurance in the gym, palpitations, lightheadedness. Said fuck it and ate. Went to the gym a few hours later and had the best workout in a long time, broke 2.5 PRs (.5 being I did more dips than ever before but due to the lower weight, the calc said my 1rm didn't go up), worked harder and longer than I could the days before and was pumped and happy for hours afyer, as opposed to constantly feeling like death.
Even if you're on keto, a bit of chocolate or honey before working out will get you a long way. If you're not a retard about it, you will have entered ketosis again within the hour

f

>not eating during workout
lightweight baby

Attached: gymwich.jpg (2048x1536, 189K)

You can train fasted, but it's not like it provides any noticable fat burning benefit. Training with full glycogen stores will lead to improved performance though.

Either eat some slow digesting carbs (like oats) 4-5 hours before training, or some quicker digesting carbs (like rice) around 2 hours prior. You definitely don't want to pound a huge meal right before you work out because your body will be pouring energy and blood flow into digestion while you're exerting your muscles. Not optimal for performance and on top of that it feels like shit.

based permabulker

cavelets were constrained by the conditions of their environments. Their hunting regime was designed to gain the most food, not pack on muscle. There is no reason to believe what they did out of necessity was at all optimal for growth.

>heemd by a mw

Attached: e6692e2d767e819e7a8f65b90ec7c48d.jpg (489x275, 41K)

>Implying they didn't eat berries and apples and shit they found along the trail during the hunt

Nigger caveman ate WHILE they hunted.

Attached: 1548202553700.jpg (680x447, 26K)

self.com/story/what-a-registered-dietitian-says-you-should-eat-before-and-after-a-workout

"In addition to carbs, it's a good idea to consume a little bit of protein before your workout—especially if you are doing weight training"

keked