Long distance walking

Hey bros I kinda fucked up and got myself into a shit situation. Short version is I gotta trek like 25 kilometers(16 miles) through wilderness and heat tomorrow. Thought people here might have some experience and could offer some advice to make this more bearable.

Attached: 1556171448010.png (494x654, 477K)

Go to /out/

Bring water.
Wear a hat if it's very sunny, and non-faggies shoes with big socks.
Go in with a short, a t-shirt, and maybe something in your bag if it rains.

Well I walk 10k every day. Takes about 2 hours and burns 1,000 calories. Brings snacks

It is too late but nice shoes for trekking help a lot. They have to be walked some time until they really match your foot otherwise you will get blisters.

Grab some comfortable shoes with a thick sole. Otherwise you might feel every stick and stone. That sucks over distance. Also adjust your backpack correctly if you carry one. Might need help from someone else for that. Use the fricking chest and hip strips they are not just for show.

Carb load , and drink a shit ton of water the the day before / night .

Maybe eat a small snack of fast digesting carbs before and even during the walk , some small sugary bullshit

this nigga trying to summon a supernova with his mind or some shit

whatever pussy you're trekking through the wilderness to get to isn't worth it

stay at home and fap

JUST grow an afro

>tfw went traveling
>had to walk 10-20 kilometres DAILY
>had all kind of pain in my legs after first day
>took me 2 weeks to recover

Walking isn't for kids, i barely walk 1km daily

I think he's already out of the closet

>25km

Would take you probably about 6 hours. If you're walking uphill then your leg is in for a wild ride. The main problem here is that if you're walking on pure wilderness then you'd walk fast compared when you normally walk around the city but there's almost no resting point until you see a sight of civilization nearby.

-Prevent blisters. Wear proper fitting shoes. Good socks and apply vaseline to your feet to reduce friction. You can also buy blister pads. They feel like an extra layer of callus.

-Bring plenty of water. On my hikes I pack a gallon and refill halfway when I reach civilisation.

-If your going innawoods. Bring a (small) first aid kit. Its usefull in case you get blisters. Or a tick bite. Its best to be prepared.

-Check the weather before you go and equip accordingly. You dont want to be caught by surprise if they weather suddenly turns. Bring a jacket or vest in case it rains or gets cold.

-Apply sunscreen and bring sunglasses. A hat keeps your head cool in the afternoon when the burns hottest.

-Dont litter.

there's not much to it, it's just walking lmao
get hiking shoes and bring a bag with snacks and water.

Just get like 4-6 liters of water and a hat.
Get a couple bananas for electrolytes too.

That'd take you roughly 5.5-6 hours if you don't stop to rest.

Bring water, and lunch.

Plenty of water will just give you hyponatremia

Load up on carbs the night before and hyrdrate plenty. Wear light and breathable clothing with good shoes and socks that have ankle support. Carry snacks and drinks/mixes that are rich in electrolytes so you don't get heat related injuries from dehydration/hyponatremia. Realistically, you should be able to complete that walk within 6-7 hours at the maximum as long as you don't stop too frequently.

t. Military

Water and dont carry that muh

25km should be easy even if you don't really have that much walking experience (unless really fat). Wear good, tight fitting shoes, bring water and possibly some gatorade, etc. Some snacks. Take a cap and sunglasses. Take a good backbag and wear it properly. Clothes accordingly, feeling a bit cold before starting is better than being hot already.

You still around op?

>Comfortable supportive hiking shoes/boots
>Light cushioned Merino wool socks
>Underwear that doesn't ride/chafe
>Appropriate clothing for the temperature(s)
>Try not to wear anything that's cotton, especially your socks. Merino or synthetic are 1000x better
>Day pack for food, water, extra clothing (IE rain coat)

T. Work at an outdoor store and used to tree plant. That's kind of what I'd consider your essentials but if you're still around and have questions just ask.

I would consider you crippled.
Please be kind to yourself and fix that.

Walking a 10k does not burn 1000 calories. Running 13 miles barely burns 1300