Counting reps is a meme. It distracts you from paying attention to your form...

Counting reps is a meme. It distracts you from paying attention to your form. Counting reps gives an illusionary sense of stalling where no stalling exists, and an illusionary sense of progress where no progress exists.

You have to trust that if you give it your best, over time your reps and weight will progress. Spending time identifying with rational numbers will only hinder your development and increase the risk of injury.

Attached: WTnHVv22.jpg (400x400, 31K)

agree with every word. my gains skyrocketed once I started doing everything to failure, plus not counting numbers inside your head allows for a much better mind to muscle connection

This sounds based but I do want to quantify my achievement and progress, so nah

Reps are a social construct

Post body

I've already stopped tracking macros and following a program. This might be the edge I need to really take my training to the next level.

>plus not counting numbers inside your head allows for a much better mind to muscle connection
This is why I keep coming back here. I always knew there was a reason why I forget reps.

>not counting in imaginary numbers

Reps have a use in the mind of the beginner.
Once you start really pulling some weight then no, reps don’t really matter. All that matters is that you’re pulling some serious weight. But, if you’re new to lifting, not counting reps can cause you to get discouraged and and confused by whether you’re progressing or not.
The idiot jumps into things with no information and just guesses based on what his ego tells him.
The smart man has a system that will let him improve.
The sage has long ago internalized this system.

we live in a rep-ciety

>But, if you’re new to lifting, not counting reps can cause you to get discouraged and and confused by whether you’re progressing or not.
If you are new to lifting, you are adding several pounds of load every week. How can you feel discouraged?

I feel best when I stop counting and just keep going to failure. But should I go to failure just once or for multiple sets or something?

this. it's kind off a hard think for autists

Attached: 1444056171335.jpg (1600x1200, 286K)

Counting reps usually helps me go harder. If I go to what I perceive as failure without counting, I'd stop. If I get to that same point and I still have two reps left to go, I can usually dig down and get them out.

Not sure what you're trying to say but I'm curious as to whether one set to failure is better or worse than going to failure, resting and going again. If I did multiple sets to failure I don't know how it would impact what lift I do afterwards.

Unironically I've never counted reps above 5 because my tard brain loses track every time

Attached: serveimage.png (1074x707, 322K)

Why do i keep coming back to this shithole

Attached: 20190425_115033.jpg (480x288, 107K)

Very interesting idea. I'll try it next cycle

>I want to quantify my achievements

Fuck off. You're the type of guy that just keeps chasing arbitrary numbers for reasons unknown to yourself. If you're not competing in weight lifting then fuck compromising your health by cheating a 405 squat for 5 reps.

3 sets x however many reps until you get a juicy pump

Attached: quantify everything data rich.jpg (1200x788, 258K)

What if I’m training for strength

>"strength"

Does that mean lifting as many plates for 1 rep as possible?

It's actually disgusting how rampart rep culture is.

Easy on the projection boy

I disagree with you, you count and once it gets easier you increase the weight and intensity.